PDA

View Full Version : WND episode 31

nikvoodoo
Mar 17th, 2012, 06:59 PM
It's early, but if you have a question for Britt, Nik, Beez or (Insert Guest Name here), let thy voice be heard!

Also any analysis or comments you have on the upcoming 27-3 chapter part you'd like to point out to us, leave it here as well.

Adventureless_Hero
Mar 19th, 2012, 11:03 AM
You guys should discuss the fact that Pinstripes is speaking in plain English, meaning that the z-heads can understand their victims too. Would that lead to a zombie mommy or daddy having some hesitation in eating their crying/screaming child?

daredevil
Mar 19th, 2012, 01:55 PM
You guys should discuss the fact that Pinstripes is speaking in plain English, meaning that the z-heads can understand their victims too. Would that lead to a zombie mommy or daddy having some hesitation in eating their crying/screaming child?

Zombie Cindy didn't give a shit about Angel, Zombie Tommy didn't give a shit about Kelly (Who did back then though?)

Adventureless_Hero
Mar 19th, 2012, 02:04 PM
Zombie Cindy didn't give a shit about Angel, Zombie Tommy didn't give a shit about Kelly (Who did back then though?)

LOL! Good point! I loved that last bit, especially. But you did bring up a good point. They seemed too over come with their zombism to give any credence to whatever lingering emotional attachment to humanity may have existed.

So it makes me wonder, what is it that Pinstripes is doing that allows him to control the zeds? Why do they obey him? Can we discuss zombie cliques in the next WND? Are there several zombie cliques being run by their own individual "smart ones" where you have Pinstripes being the head of a larger horde than the rest? Or are these smaller groups, like the one led by Randy, part of teams go on a hunt as part of the Pinstripes zombie collective?

daredevil
Mar 19th, 2012, 02:36 PM
I hope that Kc explains that in the story, Whether the humans figure it out or if the zombies tell us (before dinner, preferably) Hopefully he won't have to tell us after the show ends. I wonder if he has a hierarchy planned out?

symon_r
Mar 19th, 2012, 03:06 PM
It feels really self indulgent but I'd really like to hear some discussion about my point on the 27-3 discussion thread about the zombies potentially demonstrating some form of instinct for self preservation when they didn't round the corner to attack CJ after a few of their fellows had been mown down. I'm by no means an expert on zombie lore overall but that feels like it would be a new concept for zombies and would elevate them beyond an uncontrollable corpse with no sense of right and wrong.

Litmaster
Mar 19th, 2012, 03:08 PM
Already did. Check your 'settings.'

nikvoodoo
Mar 19th, 2012, 03:43 PM
It feels really self indulgent but I'd really like to hear some discussion about my point on the 27-3 discussion thread about the zombies potentially demonstrating some form of instinct for self preservation when they didn't round the corner to attack CJ after a few of their fellows had been mown down. I'm by no means an expert on zombie lore overall but that feels like it would be a new concept for zombies and would elevate them beyond an uncontrollable corpse with no sense of right and wrong.

I know we've discussed it on the forum before...and I can't remember if we have brought it up on WND before.....I'd imagine not since there's not been a clear cut example of self preservation since WND started. I might be wrong.

symon_r
Mar 19th, 2012, 03:50 PM
I know we've discussed it on the forum before...and I can't remember if we have brought it up on WND before.....I'd imagine not since there's not been a clear cut example of self preservation since WND started. I might be wrong.

I'm not a forum regular but I have been with WND since the start so I'll bow to your knowledge on this one

nikvoodoo
Mar 19th, 2012, 04:00 PM
I'm not a forum regular but I have been with WND since the start so I'll bow to your knowledge on this one

In your defense, I know we brought up zombie intelligence because it was one of my firsts posts to the forum in January '11.
http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?99-An-Alarming-Level-of-Intelligence

So I'm basically cheating ;)

Teej
Mar 19th, 2012, 04:14 PM
So in the last WND yall seemed very convinced that kalani is dead. And the general consensus (at least that I've picked up on) seems to be that at the end of chap 24 (52:00) the near dead person found was angel and that kalani is in fact dead. But if you ask me the sound effects of the debris the mallers are walking on while inspecting/getting said person sound remarkably similar to the ones in 26-1 at about 14:25 when saul and victor are inspecting the chopper remains. This would lead me to believe that kalani was actually the person found which would make scratches line of "I found what I was looking for" make much more sense. Meaning that britt you will not have to be too troubled if hannah is in fact still alive. (Assuming of course my thoughts all pan out). Well that's my two cents, do with them what you will.

Cabbage Patch
Mar 19th, 2012, 04:18 PM

That's actually a question that goes all the way back to Chapter 2, Part 2, when they're clearing the lobby of the tower after a group of zombies get in. Remember how one of them takes cover behind a counter when Angel and Michael start shooting at them? There was a lot of talk of Smart Ones associated with that action, but what if it was just the first indication of this survival instinct you've mentioned?

daredevil
Mar 19th, 2012, 11:54 PM
Zombies aren't dumbasses.. If their being shot at they'll either attempt to over ride you with their massive masses or sneak attack you. That's the way animals work.

Willy Beamen
Mar 20th, 2012, 12:22 AM
Who is better off...really? The people organizing and working together, or the lone-wolf guerrilla style survivors. I never understood the safety in numbers thing. Skittles and CJ have the right idea, keep moving, enjoy it while you can. Unless we can find out just what the hell the zombies game plan is what the hell is everyone trying to do. Survive? Survive what? The ever present threat of death, what else is new eh? Rebuild society? Well that assumes they can beat the zombies at a game they don't even know the rules for. As much as I like watching society and humans being deconstructed as well as destroyed I am curious about the world vision here.

Willy Beamen
Mar 20th, 2012, 12:25 AM
Sorry, I guess I really should have asked a question; how about, do you think the survivors will eventually put aside the drama and work together against the common threat, or will they destroy themselves and the zombies can have the leftovers.

daredevil
Mar 20th, 2012, 12:29 AM
Who is better off...really? The people organizing and working together, or the lone-wolf guerrilla style survivors. I never understood the safety in numbers thing. Skittles and CJ have the right idea, keep moving, enjoy it while you can. Unless we can find out just what the hell the zombies game plan is what the hell is everyone trying to do. Survive? Survive what? The ever present threat of death, what else is new eh? Rebuild society? Well that assumes they can beat the zombies at a game they don't even know the rules for. As much as I like watching society and humans being deconstructed as well as destroyed I am curious about the world vision here.

The humans know the game, Kill or be killed. They just don't know the plays.

Sorry, I guess I really should have asked a question; how about, do you think the survivors will eventually put aside the drama and work together against the common threat, or will they destroy themselves and the zombies can have the leftovers.

I hope they either sort their shit out and work together or just manage to get a higher power of authority. I'd hate for Kc to go down the road of, Oh No! Humanity can't sort out their differences! We brought this on ourselves! We Deserve this! Blah Blah Blah

clem131
Mar 20th, 2012, 01:52 AM
Things I found interesting and worth discussing on the podcast, some have been already mentioned:
- the intelligent zombies: we already knew that, besides the "It's Paul, help us" we also had a "Move" being spoken on Lizzy's recording. I agree with Daredevil, I wouldn't read too much in the "Leave her" line: CJ is terrified because it's the first time she hears one talking, that's all. They leave her because to get to her it's clear they will have to go as a horde and many will die, it's simply not worth it.
- good bit about the "happiness pills". We've been shown yet another alternative to survival. Martin is a good support character too, he's on air for like 3 minutes and yet his background is as deep as he needs to be.
- Am I the only one that was caught off guard by the ending of the episode? It feels odd, but I can't quite point my finger at the reason for it.

7oddisdead
Mar 20th, 2012, 03:35 AM
reason for the ending feeling odd huh? how bout....

kalani was conscious enough to know datu was there..to hear him talk of the other tower (ours)
it felt similar to me..like the tail end of a dream just before you wake up
KC managed to give us the entire kalani backstory..full of detail, full of emotion, full of many answers...AND STILL NOT CONFIRM KALANI AS THE RAT! *shakes fist*
ok...im better now..was pretty friggin genius i must say. answer a ton of questions..except the one thats staring you in the face..brilliant

i think the big question for me at this point is why did mr. suit wearing zombie go down to the basement in the first place? in my mind it seems a bit out of character for him to be so hands on and direct as to specifically make sure the leader of the tower lived...i dunno. did anyone else get that vibe..or do i need to up my meds again?

clem131
Mar 20th, 2012, 03:50 AM
i think the big question for me at this point is why did mr. suit wearing zombie go down to the basement in the first place? in my mind it seems a bit out of character for him to be so hands on and direct as to specifically make sure the leader of the tower lived...i dunno. did anyone else get that vibe..or do i need to up my meds again?

That doesn't seem odd to me, I guess he's surveying the battlefield in the aftermath.
Stop the meds, but make sure you have your tinfoil hat on you at all times.:tinfoil:

7oddisdead
Mar 20th, 2012, 03:58 AM
wasnt the aftermath though..still was action going on upstairs, hence cj saying she "waited three hours after the last gunshot"...meh...much ado about nothing i suppose.

and the hat isnt socially acceptable, plus tinfoil hat+metal plate in head= strange ability to pull radio staions from portugal inside my scull...i dont speak portugese. :hsugh:

daredevil
Mar 20th, 2012, 04:14 AM
wasnt the aftermath though..still was action going on upstairs, hence cj saying she "waited three hours after the last gunshot"...meh...much ado about nothing i suppose.

and the hat isnt socially acceptable, plus tinfoil hat+metal plate in head= strange ability to pull radio staions from portugal inside my scull...i dont speak portugese. :hsugh:

To be fair... He's Paul. He would have been stalking them for days, know who the leader is, and want them to be dead. If the other Zombies know to avoid bullets and he can speak English, We can assume that he has slightly more intelligence. So It's not too far to presume that Paul knows some kind of stategic planning. Atleast tactics.

7oddisdead
Mar 20th, 2012, 04:18 AM
kinda what im saying, specifically leaving her just strikes me as..... odd thats all

symon_r
Mar 20th, 2012, 04:47 PM
reason for the ending feeling odd huh? how bout....

kalani was conscious enough to know datu was there..to hear him talk of the other tower (ours)
it felt similar to me..like the tail end of a dream just before you wake up
KC managed to give us the entire kalani backstory..full of detail, full of emotion, full of many answers...AND STILL NOT CONFIRM KALANI AS THE RAT! *shakes fist*
ok...im better now..was pretty friggin genius i must say. answer a ton of questions..except the one thats staring you in the face..brilliant

Very good point! In my innocent and trusting way I'd assumed this chapter confirmed Kalani as the rat to our tower but all that has actually been confirmed is that he is the rat to the PP tower. I too had a weird feeling at the end of the final episode of this chapter and I think it was linked to that - I was making the assumption that Kalani's back story was complete but we'd hear a regurgitation of what we knew already (the time between the the arena and the destruction of our tower) at some point in the future. In retrospect that's a massive assumption.

7oddisdead
Mar 20th, 2012, 05:05 PM
Yup..we got what we needed to hear. Nothing more...brilliant on so many different levels

A lot of comparison has been made recently to lost..im as guilty of that as anyone..but I think if you break the storytelling down to character development, a lot of comparison could be made to shows like breaking bad...or (in kalanis case) the shield..in the shield you had a character that right from the get go you were made to despise...and the rest of the series brought you around to sympathize and understand him..its a brilliant bit of writing..and one that quite fits here as well..

nikvoodoo
Mar 23rd, 2012, 05:56 AM
WND #31 is recorded. Thanks for your input! You can now use this thread to comment on the podcast when it gets released.

Be on the look out for a new manner in which to call the forum's most popular character named after a candy....

daredevil
Mar 23rd, 2012, 05:57 AM
I still need to listen to 30....

Pikepaw
Mar 23rd, 2012, 12:48 PM
When Brittany did the "RANDY!" I felt she was impersonating a certain Canadian...

shananala8
Mar 24th, 2012, 01:10 PM
Thanks for almost crediting me on the zombie stomping/clapping Nik :P

nikvoodoo
Mar 24th, 2012, 06:13 PM
Thanks for almost crediting me on the zombie stomping/clapping Nik :P

Hey, look on the bright side....I didn't just steal the credit! ;)

Adventureless_Hero
Mar 26th, 2012, 12:23 PM
I was told by user GutsyCoyote on Saturday that Nik totally bitch slapped my theory about some zombies possibly having lingering emotions. Today, I got to hear that. <br />
<br />
My buddy made it sound worse...

nikvoodoo
Mar 26th, 2012, 12:46 PM
Bitch slap is such a harsh term. I prefer Keepin' the Pimp hand Strong. <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
I may have missed where the theory said one of the Higher Brain function zombies. I assumed by Tommy's actions he...

Adventureless_Hero
Mar 26th, 2012, 12:50 PM
Britt mentioned you all were going to try and get an actor interview on the next show. Any idea who that might be?

nikvoodoo
Mar 26th, 2012, 01:15 PM
Britt mentioned you all were going to try and get an actor interview on the next show. Any idea who that might be?

As of now: No clue. I'll get a thread posted when we know who so you can ask your questions to said cast member easily. :)

cupcakezombie
Mar 26th, 2012, 02:29 PM
Yo Nik. Slapping down my idea on WND without listening properly. Not cool man, not cool.
I said that he gives off a DIFFERENT smell not no smell. If there are enough different hormones etc floating round in his blood brought on by the Skunken change then he would have different smelling sweat.
You can get different smelling sweat based on what you eat and medications you might be taking, and you can also smell different depending on you mental state, fear etc.
Thank-you for listening. :p

nikvoodoo
Mar 26th, 2012, 02:43 PM
Yo Nik. Slapping down my idea on WND without listening properly. Not cool man, not cool.
I said that he gives off a DIFFERENT smell not no smell. If there are enough different hormones etc floating round in his blood brought on by the Skunken change then he would have different smelling sweat.
You can get different smelling sweat based on what you eat and medications you might be taking, and you can also smell different depending on you mental state, fear etc.
Thank-you for listening. :p
......I'm sorry....what? I was listening to the voices in my head. What's that you were saying about no smell?

cupcakezombie
Mar 26th, 2012, 02:45 PM
......I'm sorry....what? I was listening to the voices in my head. What's that you were saying about no smell?

Cuts me deep Nik. :)

Adventureless_Hero
Mar 26th, 2012, 02:46 PM
As long as the subject of background noises long not discussed came up, I would like to mention that you can hear this high pitched drone when Pegs and Victor go near ground zero. Not sure if that is just to add to the effect of their nausea or if it actually part of the reason they are getting sick. It is similar in sound to when some TV stations go off the air.

nikvoodoo
Mar 26th, 2012, 05:59 PM
Cuts me deep Nik. :)

Nothing but love for you CCZ. Sorry I didn't understand the basic premise of your theory.

clem131
Mar 27th, 2012, 12:58 AM
I wish you were wrong and to hear more about Kalani in the next episode, but I fear you are right and we will move on... snarl.