PDA

View Full Version : We're Not Dead #30

nikvoodoo
Mar 13th, 2012, 06:53 AM
As we discussed in the other thread we will be starting discussions for wnd episodes here before recording.

So give us your thoughts, questions, analysis and any thing else you think we might want to discuss on the podcast.

clem131
Mar 13th, 2012, 09:22 AM
I ran here expecting the new episode. Moan.

Raven
Mar 13th, 2012, 09:28 AM
Is it safe to say Britt's Kevin Flood crush is at a new level?

nikvoodoo
Mar 13th, 2012, 12:41 PM
I ran here expecting the new episode. Moan.

Don't you fret your pretty little head. We're recording tomorrow night!

7oddisdead
Mar 13th, 2012, 08:02 PM
Hmm..topics

Kalani going from almost hated by all to loved by all(for the most part). And with that..just how many different writers have tried to accomplish that and met with either success or failure. I can think of a couple examples

This one will not be that popular, but just how in control of the mallers has durai ever been? Scratch, (to a lesser extent)latch and tardust seem to have been the ones making things happen the entire time. I'm thinking more and more he's just a figurehead, a very mean figurehead...learning now some of the "behind the scenes" of what went on then, it makes scratches power play in chpt. 24 all the less surprising

the obvious one, were cj's crew mainly corrections/police?...that whole dynamic seems to be the thing we should be focusing on right now. And just why the hell would the mallers still care about the location if the other tower was over-ran?...im puzzled by that whole thing.

That's what I gots...for now

clem131
Mar 14th, 2012, 01:28 AM
I'm flattered, Nick, but my head ain't little :D. I find these last episodes similar to the Benjamin Linus-centric episodes in Lost. He starts as the very bad guy everybody hates, but the writers did a very good job with Linus-centric episodes and by the end of it you know his background and you kind of sympathize with him. This emotional reversal thing is truly good writing.

the one who shoots first
Mar 14th, 2012, 02:15 AM
now that we know for sure kalani knew pippen, this means that kalani is the likely murderer but it dosn't necessarily mean he is the rat. but if he is, since it would be impossible for him to be a plant in the arena was he:
- a plant from the mallers in the other tower, it accidentally got over run, and so he intentionally ratted out the tower to the mallers who he was loyal too/ had his daughter.
- or a plant from the mallers in the other tower, and accidentally alerted the mallers to their "party" when trying to negotiate for his daughter.
- or he and hannah escaped from the mallers together, but he lost track of her when the other tower got ran over and contacted the mallers to see if they recaptured her because he had to know if she was still alive, but they demanded the tower for hannah and forced him to become the rat.
-or is their still someone else who is the rat? its not looking to likely, but it wouldn't be the first time i was surprised by this show.

Britt
Mar 14th, 2012, 02:32 PM
Is it safe to say Britt's Kevin Flood crush is at a new level?

Yes. Yes it is.

Adventureless_Hero
Mar 14th, 2012, 02:40 PM
Who will be hosting? Nik, Britt, and ...?

I honestly do like it that you have had guest hosts every now and then, but it would be groovy if you could get one of zee actors on the show.

Razorw1re
Mar 14th, 2012, 05:27 PM
now that we know for sure kalani knew pippen, this means that kalani is the likely murderer but it dosn't necessarily mean he is the rat. but if he is, since it would be impossible for him to be a plant in the arena was he:
- a plant from the mallers in the other tower, it accidentally got over run, and so he intentionally ratted out the tower to the mallers who he was loyal too/ had his daughter.
- or a plant from the mallers in the other tower, and accidentally alerted the mallers to their "party" when trying to negotiate for his daughter.
- or he and hannah escaped from the mallers together, but he lost track of her when the other tower got ran over and contacted the mallers to see if they recaptured her because he had to know if she was still alive, but they demanded the tower for hannah and forced him to become the rat.
-or is their still someone else who is the rat? its not looking to likely, but it wouldn't be the first time i was surprised by this show.

My take on it was..... Kalani is the blackmailed rat, and killed Pippen then shot the radio. Which brings my question: Why did the mallers send Pippen to the tower in the first place, since Kalani was already an informant, and why did he [Kalani] shoot the radio?

Kalani the party pooper.... yeah If my daughter was held captive, I would do ANYTHING to get her back and safe.
Kalani's last words "That was my Hanna!" made me believe that the girl that the mallers killed in the golf course was Hanna, and that is why he went kamikazi on the tanker, since he had nothing left to lose..

Now that I am reflecting on the whole Kalani informant situation, I wonder how much info he gave, did he say anything about going to the Military base? so now the Mallers know where they are? Does it even matter, since I believe that the Mallers may be heading over to the Colony to either join up or more than likely take over.

nikvoodoo
Mar 14th, 2012, 06:08 PM
Yes. Yes it is.

You can't have him... He's mine damnit.

Razorw1re: do NOT post spoilers for Walking Dead in threads without using spoiler tags. Especially not in sections that have nothing to do with Walking Dead. I've read the comics so I'm not shocked but I'm two weeks behind so thank you for the bush league forum move and ruining my and others viewing pleasure.

Razorw1re
Mar 14th, 2012, 06:33 PM
You can't have him... He's mine damnit.

Razorw1re: do NOT post spoilers for Walking Dead in threads without using spoiler tags. Especially not in sections that have nothing to do with Walking Dead. I've read the comics so I'm not shocked but I'm two weeks behind so thank you for the bush league forum move and ruining my and others viewing pleasure.

DOH! insert foot into mouth....... Sincere apologies to anyone i spoiled do to my mindless rambling.

nikvoodoo
Mar 14th, 2012, 06:36 PM
DOH! insert foot into mouth....... Sincere apologies to anyone i spoiled do to my mindless rambling.

Apology accepted. I'll give you you rep points back now ;)

UndeadSweeper
Mar 16th, 2012, 11:49 AM
Big Boss Man!!!!

nikvoodoo
Mar 16th, 2012, 11:51 AM
Big Boss Man!!!!

Can I tell you how guilty I felt that I could not for the life of me remember Ray Traylor's name at the time we were recording???

Not that anyone would have known him by that name except hardcore wrestling fans, so I suppose going Big Boss Man was probably better than nothing.

If TOWTM was fatter I could call him Bam Bam Bigelow.

beezball
Mar 16th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Glad it's out now. Hope you guys enjoy, I thought it was a really good episode.

UndeadSweeper
Mar 16th, 2012, 12:10 PM
Who idea was the stream feed on Facebook? Thank you! I usually have to wait until I get home to download.

beezball
Mar 16th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Musta been KC.

nikvoodoo
Mar 16th, 2012, 01:03 PM
Musta been KC.

I can't believe someone on facebook told me to get off my ass! I'm the dude who tried to put a recording together while my baby was 2 days old and still in the hospital!......

.......that's totally a shovelin'......:p

Adventureless_Hero
Mar 16th, 2012, 01:21 PM
Shaun as BIG BOSS MAN! I love it! (but I picture him looking a bit more like Chris Penn)

Latch is actually Scratch's big brother, Britt. *pushes glasses up with index finger* :P

Although I strongly, and let me make it clear, STRONGLY AGREE with the fact that Randy was alive when Michael encountered him, I have to allow for other possibilities. Just pretend it is KC playing devils advocate. Michael could still have a reason for calling his ordeal "horrific" and a reason for recognizing zombie Randy specifically; it could be that Randy turned out to be a smart zombie, the first Michael encountered besides Pin Stripes. What if he arrived at a point in the water works where z-Randy was torturing and devouring his fellow techies. He then engaged in a game of cat and mouse with Michael that resulted in Michael surviving but being terrified out of his fatigues. IDK, it's a long shot but something to that effect could have happened. Not likely though. N-E-WAY...

Genital eating...Behemoths love protein.

If Kalani is an accidental rat, does that mean someone else fired the shot heard round the world? Assuming that he knew the Mallers still had Hannah, would he put her in a risky situation by jump starting a war?

LMFAO! When Nik dropped the bomb that hair dye exists...lol! I loved how Britt's brain exploded. But why lie, I will probably cry too if Kalani killed himself only to leave an orphan Hannah behind.

Dudes, I totally knew that Eric Wargo was the new zombie intern, but shame on me for not congratulating the guy.

So another great show, in my opinion (the only one that matters, next to baby jebus). Poor Beez. I honestly think he has been the show's punching bag too often. He does a magnificent job editing the show. I say he has been too kind to you cruel cronies, cracking wise from your balcony seats (Statler and Waldorf reference). Beez, I say you jack with thier voices and do some editing magic the next time they treat you like the show's door mat.

I can't believe someone on facebook told me to get off my ass! I'm the dude who tried to put a recording together while my baby was 2 days old and still in the hospital!......

.......that's totally a shovelin'......:p

yeah...that guy....he must be some kind of jerk. Some kind of devilishly handsome and supremely sly dude, but a jerk none-the-less. Whoever ...he...is...:hsugh:

I really missed WND. It was an awesome Friday treat to have you all back making sweet, sweet love to my ear holes. (gross mental image) In all seriousness, thanks Britt, Nik, and Beez. I honestly believe you make being a fan of We're Alive a shit ton greater. :D

beezball
Mar 16th, 2012, 01:28 PM
Glad to hear you liked the episode, Adventureless. And don't worry about me, I bring it upon myself. Like lying about not listening to part one for example.

nikvoodoo
Mar 16th, 2012, 01:34 PM
yeah...that guy....he must be some kind of jerk. Some kind of devilishly handsome and supremely sly dude, but a jerk none-the-less. Whoever ...he...is...:hsugh:

I really missed WND. It was an awesome Friday treat to have you all back making sweet, sweet love to my ear holes. (gross mental image) In all seriousness, thanks Britt, Nik, and Beez. I honestly believe you make being a fan of We're Alive a shit ton greater. :D

After listening to so many ESPN podcasts and people who gang up on "Pod-Vader" and knock him down repeatedly, I feel like it's a place of honor to rip apart the producer/editor of the podcast. Beez is in very very good company, and he knows I <3 him.

I dunno Hero.....I think the dude is kind of a prick for telling me I need to get off my ass.........totally gonna get a shovelin' if I ever figure out who it is......

hmmm.......who could it be.....................

Oh well. Guess I'll just never know.

Adventureless_Hero
Mar 16th, 2012, 01:44 PM
After listening to so many ESPN podcasts and people who gang up on "Pod-Vader" and knock him down repeatedly, I feel like it's a place of honor to rip apart the producer/editor of the podcast. Beez is in very very good company, and he knows I <3 him.

I dunno Hero.....I think the dude is kind of a prick for telling me I need to get off my ass.........totally gonna get a shovelin' if I ever figure out who it is......

hmmm.......who could it be.....................

Oh well. Guess I'll just never know.

I don't know either. But I imagine he is saying this in an ironic sort of way. He must have recognized all your sacrifices, whether through speaking to you in the chat about how little sleep you get, or reading your posts and seeing how devoted you remain to keeping theories in check and proffering information you get from KC directly... I would venture to say he is an admirer of your hard work who doesn't like to kiss ass but rather razz those he appreciates.

Out of curiosity, if one of the members of the show is unable to do the podcast, is there any way that others could help fill in? Not me, of course, but other people who know what responsibility means? It was a real bummer going a week without WND, especially when so much happened in 27-1. I understand the hosts have an orson wells sized amount of shit on thier schedules, but if an episode could be put together on the Friday following an episode of WA, that would makes mucho fans happy, starting with this guy *points to self*.

Mikeyd2tall
Mar 16th, 2012, 01:50 PM
hey beezball, not sure if your "Boom, zap, wammo!" was a great transformers reference (the character warpath) or just a coincidence.

Adventureless_Hero
Mar 16th, 2012, 01:53 PM
Oh, how could I forget to mention the squirrel-Britt! When she was reading that long ass scenario about Michael at the water works, I could not stop laughing. Damn chipmunk!

nikvoodoo
Mar 16th, 2012, 01:54 PM
Oh is that what got chipmunked???????

Man I cannot wait to listen to this now. On top of all the stuff I don't remember saying....this is going to be awesome!

Mikey: I thought it was a callback to Campy Batman TV show....your analysis would be way cooler.

beezball
Mar 16th, 2012, 02:52 PM
Sorry Mike, it was more the old Batman like Nik said. But now I feel like looking up that clip.

the one who shoots first
Mar 17th, 2012, 12:23 PM
i was listening to the podcast episode 30 and it made me think, what if kalani DID confide in some one, remember that kalani "couldnt be the shooter" because he and datu had already left the tower for the airport? what if kalani had confided in datu, with datu having a missing daughter too, and they where working together all along. remember the shooter had to trip the alarm and get back to the guard room without being seen, unless there where 2 of them!!! datu trips the alarm, and then kalani offs pipin, then they both escape undetected. now we have to change his name to King Datu the sneaky.