PDA

View Full Version : Walking Dead (could have spoilers)

GodofInsanity
Mar 12th, 2012, 03:23 PM
Am surprised not to see an ongoing thread about this show here. This is by far one of the best ....shows on television atm. And now here we are just 1 episode from the season finale! This Sundays was epic. Did anyone expect it to go down like that between Rick and Shane? Plus we now know they are all infected. And they will be back for a 3rd season.

abayarts
Mar 12th, 2012, 03:29 PM
I was waiting for the moment the show premiered. In the comics, this happen within the first couple of issues. Took the television show long enough. Now from this point on, the show can go into number of story arcs that are establish in the comics. It's not my favorite show on, but it feels in my zombie fix while waiting for We're Alive episodes.

reaper239
Mar 14th, 2012, 05:51 AM
I was waiting for the moment the show premiered. In the comics, this happen within the first couple of issues. Took the television show long enough. Now from this point on, the show can go into number of story arcs that are establish in the comics. It's not my favorite show on, but it feels in my zombie fix while waiting for We're Alive episodes.

nah dawg, this is like the best tv show EVA!!!!

mem
Mar 14th, 2012, 07:47 AM
Mrs mem and i were starting to get irate with how stupid some of the characters have gotten. Take for example Lori running off after her husband. A noble feat that I applaud but why in the hell did she drive down the highway reading a darn map and not paying attention. You immediately know that something bad is going to happen which does. Too many started losing sight of the fact that there were undead wandering about that saw them as food.

Secondly. Someone needs to beat that kids $$$ !!! He just shows up in odd places when he is told to stay put. Wasnt he almost dead? Why would a parent just let him roam around after almost losing him. This will not do !

reaper239
Mar 14th, 2012, 09:31 AM
Mrs mem and i were starting to get irate with how stupid some of the characters have gotten. Take for example Lori running off after her husband. A noble feat that I applaud but why in the hell did she drive down the highway reading a darn map and not paying attention. You immediately know that something bad is going to happen which does. Too many started losing sight of the fact that there were undead wandering about that saw them as food.

Secondly. Someone needs to beat that kids $$$ !!! He just shows up in odd places when he is told to stay put. Wasnt he almost dead? Why would a parent just let him roam around after almost losing him. This will not do !

agreed. like, i said they should have just killed that one kid when he was impaled on the fence. it would've been kinder to end it quick, and it would've saved them a lot of pain. i'm glad rick finally did shane, because shane was very unstable, but i do think he was right more than dale.

Grognaurd
Mar 14th, 2012, 12:02 PM

It could be worse, she could be text messaging.

As for the boy, as my grandfather would say, I would take him out back and beat him until he couldn't stand and when he got up I would do it again. Canes hurt!

reaper239
Mar 14th, 2012, 12:10 PM
yeah, rick def needs to keep the pimp hand strong with that one.

mem
Mar 15th, 2012, 08:27 AM
Agreed with all of you. I dont think the Z apocalypse is the time to have a "time out" or "don't do it again or I'll be a tad bit sore with thee" mentality. In those dark times a boot to the arse is the way to go. heck a boot to the arse is what my dad used to get the yard mowed.

jgormally
Mar 15th, 2012, 12:45 PM
I haven't read the comics the show is based on for the express purpose of wanting to be surprised by everything that happens in the show. Don't get me wrong, I FREAKING LOVE comics, but I love the format that the story is being told in on the show; it's definitely pushing the boundaries of anything else I've ever seen on a TV show. My only concern is that the upcoming storylines from the comics (which, while I have not read any, it is the age of the Internet and things inevitably get spoiled here and there,) might be a bit too ambitious for the TV format... mainly in terms of how much it might cost to produce the show!

...So, in terms of plot, I guess this means that the virus (if that's what it is,) has mutated and become airborne at this point. Everyone is infected, and the virus goes into its active state when the neuro-chemicals are released by death. At least, that's my theory. Anyone else have a better one?

reaper239
Mar 15th, 2012, 01:09 PM
look at day by day armageddon, the theory there was that the virus doesn't kill, but the zombie bite does, and everyone already has it.

also, from what i hear the show has beenpretty divergent from the comics.

jgormally
Mar 15th, 2012, 02:35 PM
Wow, haven't heard of Day by Day Armageddon before! Just looked it up, I'll definitely be adding that to my reading list this weekend! Thanks for the tip.

I swear, when the Zompocalypse does inevitably happen, we're going to be the most-prepared generation to handle it ever.

GodofInsanity
Mar 16th, 2012, 02:52 AM
So I got caught up the last couple days with work and have been picking up Snippets of news.
We know we have a 16 episode season for season 3. David Morrissey has been lined up to play The Govenor. From what tid bits I have picked up this is an awesome if sick character that becomes Ricks main antagonist. So with this season's finale, will everyone be able to stick together? I am not so sure. Adn Lori and Karl have both been driving me nuts. That kid does not listen. And Lori just is plain stupid. She just cannot grasp that the world is no longer what it was and has not been able to adapt.

I was blown away by Dale getting tore into a couple weeks ago. I felt he was an anchor for the group to what was left of there humanity. He was the polar opposite of Shane. I was like, well now one anchor is gone what does that do to the group not having someone to offset Shane. No worries, cause now Shane is gone.

I do think this is one of the better produced shows on tv for what they have to do. I mean, wow, to make a show for TV about zombies and not be worse than a B movie or so cliche it is unbearable to watch. I do agree though, the characters can be maddening.

I know there is a thread about Day by Day, but yes I enjoy that book as well and am looking forward to June when the next installment (fingers crossed) should be out.

So after this next sunday no Walking Dead. I have We're Alive to keep me busy into summertime. I do not want to think of the dry season at the end of summer waiting for both.

reaper239
Mar 16th, 2012, 05:28 AM
So I got caught up the last couple days with work and have been picking up Snippets of news.
We know we have a 16 episode season for season 3. David Morrissey has been lined up to play The Govenor. From what tid bits I have picked up this is an awesome if sick character that becomes Ricks main antagonist. So with this season's finale, will everyone be able to stick together? I am not so sure. Adn Lori and Karl have both been driving me nuts. That kid does not listen. And Lori just is plain stupid. She just cannot grasp that the world is no longer what it was and has not been able to adapt.

I was blown away by Dale getting tore into a couple weeks ago. I felt he was an anchor for the group to what was left of there humanity. He was the polar opposite of Shane. I was like, well now one anchor is gone what does that do to the group not having someone to offset Shane. No worries, cause now Shane is gone.

I do think this is one of the better produced shows on tv for what they have to do. I mean, wow, to make a show for TV about zombies and not be worse than a B movie or so cliche it is unbearable to watch. I do agree though, the characters can be maddening.

I know there is a thread about Day by Day, but yes I enjoy that book as well and am looking forward to June when the next installment (fingers crossed) should be out.

So after this next sunday no Walking Dead. I have We're Alive to keep me busy into summertime. I do not want to think of the dry season at the end of summer waiting for both.

but see, that maddening-ness is part of what makes the show awesome: they are only human, and sometimes the most blockheaded things in the world, but when they can see past themselves for even a second they do some awe inspiring things. this is borne out in almost every disaster i can think of. shanes problem was that he got lost in that nonsense and couldn't see past himself. it's the same problem scratch has, a complete and utter lack of any ability to see past herself to help anyone. that's why it was so sweet to see shane get stuck like cheap pork, and why it'll be so sweet to see scratch catch a bullet. speaking of catching a bullet, does anyone here watch justified?

MAJOR SPOILER ALERT!!!! this vid gives away pretty much the whole episode, but if you want to know what i'm talking about fast forward to around 6:30.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8WolBuO_c0

6:30 is probably the most badass moment in all of television.

Wow, haven't heard of Day by Day Armageddon before! Just looked it up, I'll definitely be adding that to my reading list this weekend! Thanks for the tip.

I swear, when the Zompocalypse does inevitably happen, we're going to be the most-prepared generation to handle it ever.

you should check out the band "the inevitable zombie apocalypse"

GodofInsanity
Mar 17th, 2012, 12:11 AM
I got the 1st season of Justified. i liked it but was in the minority in my household and it was moved off the dvr list. Timothy Olyphant rocks.

I can see that about the characters being human and maddening being a great part of the show. I still do tune in every week to see what one will do next. props to the Shane/Scratch comparison. It made me look at Shane's character in a completely different light. That moment of pausing then nodding going "Riiight"

reaper239
Mar 19th, 2012, 04:19 AM
yeah, i mean, all these things are not the same, but there are some base archetypes that just exist in life. for instance, i know some shanes in my life and if the shtf i'm putting a bullet in all of them as soon as i see them, cuz i know they'd do me as soon as i turned my back.

mem
Mar 19th, 2012, 08:42 AM
I want to smack Lori and karl around after the season finale. Mrs mem made the point to me that Lori is playing games at times. Driving Rick to deal with Shane and then giving Shane false hopes that we both think drove him to the insanity of last week. Now suddenly she is upset that he dealt with the problem?? It's a freaking mess with that one.

reaper239
Mar 19th, 2012, 09:51 AM
i didn't see her giving him false hope, i thought she was trying to mend things, bring him back out of the cold. i just saw that it backfired.

mem
Mar 20th, 2012, 06:31 AM
i didn't see her giving him false hope, i thought she was trying to mend things, bring him back out of the cold. i just saw that it backfired.
In regards to Shane, yes, I think she was just trying to mend things and make it all better. It was a big fail on her part but at least she did try. He took it to mean more than it did. His insanity was cranked up a few more notches because he saw hope in replacing Rick again.

I had some frustrations with season 2 because of the stupid mistakes that put characters in harms way yet again. Looking back from the season finale I get why some of it had to happen but at times the writing didnt reflect that these people were seasoned zombie killing veterans and not kmart shoppers. As mrs mem put it "why is everyone so dumb this season" ? To be fair however this is a written script adapted from a comic book series and not reality television. Characters arent supposed to act like we do on a day to day basis. Thank goodness for that or it would get quite boring. My biggest yell at the tv moments during season 2 seemed to always involve one character or another backing up and not watching their 6 to almost get grabbed and eaten by a Zombie yet again. In summary, watch your 6 people there are those out there wanting to eat your insides. Try not make their job any easier.

sailorangel59
Mar 20th, 2012, 10:18 PM
The Carl from the comic would mop the floor with AMC's one, that's for sure, and will pop a cap on him afterwards

To be fair, the comic did move faster on getting Carl set up as a "I am going to survive this, and my dad is my hero." I feel the TV show presented Shane as an alternate father figure, so Carl grew more attached to Shane and that is why he was hesitant to shoot even the zombie Shane.

Since the show differs a lot from the comic I thougt that maybe Merle would re-apear as the Governor with some hand-chopping in mind as revenge, but that Morrisey guy leaves that out of question.

According to an interview with Kirkman and Rooker (the last name of the man who plays Merle), Merle will be back in the third season, but who knows how and in what capacity.

Ah one last thing, sorry Dale snuffed it without his deserved and expected chance with Andrea

My husband and I died a little inside at this as well. I wish he could've gone on longer, the actor was also so perfect for Dale, it was like they pulled him out of the comic book, it was impressive.

One last thing from me. Did anyone else who is a fan of the comic book Spluge (sp?) or get a little wet when Michonne and the Prison came into view? I could've humped my computer I was so excited.

reaper239
Mar 21st, 2012, 05:56 AM
if i was rick i would've pimp slapped lori. "shane cornered me, he tried to kill me, and i killed him to protect me and my family and you think this is my fault? uh-uh, come here bitch, let me tell you how i really feel" *SMACK* keep the pimp hand strong.

yarri
Mar 21st, 2012, 05:57 AM
if i was rick i would've pimp slapped lori. "shane cornered me, he tried to kill me, and i killed him to protect me and my family and you think this is my fault? uh-uh, come here bitch, let me tell you how i really feel" *SMACK* keep the pimp hand strong.

And this is why I like you! (laughs ass off)

mem
Mar 21st, 2012, 09:23 AM

Excellent !!!

Grognaurd
Mar 23rd, 2012, 10:17 AM
I have enjoyed the TV show. I have never read the comics. But, at the end of the season a certain somebody shows up and I face palmed with both hands, saying oh no you did'nt.

That get-up
those mules
that sword...

Ugh, Looks like next season is going to get into jumping the shark.

reaper239
Mar 23rd, 2012, 10:24 AM
I have enjoyed the TV show. I have never read the comics. But, at the end of the season a certain somebody shows up and I face palmed with both hands, saying oh no you did'nt.

That get-up
those mules
that sword...

hey, you never know, all kindsof nutjobs come out in the zombie apocalypse. if they make that guy beyond skittles crazy, then i think it could work. if he's sane, well that would be silly.

Grognaurd
Mar 23rd, 2012, 10:38 AM
My impression was female from width of shoulders and slight shadow under chest. But, who knows.

7oddisdead
Mar 23rd, 2012, 10:53 AM
art is correct..depends on how they make the transition for her character from the comics to the show..but michonne was one of the more "comic-y" characters...design wise at least..she is a good thing though...good good good..im excited at least

reaper239
Mar 23rd, 2012, 11:12 AM
art is correct..depends on how they make the transition for her character from the comics to the show..but michonne was one of the more "comic-y" characters...design wise at least..she is a good thing though...good good good..im excited at least

see, i never read the comics, i just know she looked out her gourd in the show. btw, WAY TO SPOIL THE APPEARANCE OF A NEW CHARACTER!!!!! ahhhhhhh jk, ah keed, ah keed, i'm just messing. but yes, she did seem very over the top in the show. i imagine that works alright for her, but i still worry a little. i still can't wait for next season. i just hope they don't do like this season where they split it in half, that made me a little salty.

7oddisdead
Mar 23rd, 2012, 11:40 AM
More spoilers then...or rumors at least

kirkman said they will probly do two blocks of eight episodes...maybe..that's not confirmed yet.

And I didn't read the books till this season..everything is the same...yet totally different..its like getting two versions of the same story..pretty rad

Pteranodon
Mar 28th, 2012, 10:17 AM
Yeah....this new character looks pretty stupid. Afraid she's gonna be an annoying clone of Naiobi from the Matrix sequels. Walking Dead already has one "Kick-ass Female character" who ISN'T a cliche, it doesn't need to add this walking cartoon character as well...

Ever hear of "Onechanbara Bikini Samurai Squad"? That's where this particular "slippery slope" leads...

reaper239
Mar 30th, 2012, 07:41 AM

That get-up
those mules
that sword...

btw, was reading back through this thread and your comment reminded me of something. if you want to hear more about jumping the shark, look up frequency lite episode "cry of the sea honky" hilarious. "get on that sea unicorn mr zombie, we've got to... jump... the shark" "i think we may already have" so funny

abayarts
Mar 30th, 2012, 03:15 PM
This show has so many mix reviews. I know people who hated the 1st season but loved the 2nd and vis versa. After the 2nd season finale, I'm interested how they deal with the prison arc. The prison might help with the budget because they'll be inside more and keep everything contain, but then it will feel like the CDC from season.

I want this show to succeed because it's the only zombie tv show out there and I need my fix of zombie mayhem when WA is off air.

COsurvivor
Jun 4th, 2012, 03:50 PM
AMC Announces The Walking Dead Season 3 Preview Weekend July 7 & 8 (http://blogs.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/2012/05/the-walking-dead-preview-weekend.php)

Check it out they have some season 3 vids and even an hour long Talking Dead! This is great stuff!

Adventureless_Hero
Aug 17th, 2012, 08:30 AM
I haven't finished season 2 yet. Need about 6 more episodes. But I couldn't help but make some Shane pics once I saw him in his crazy phase. Fucking overalls! LOL!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v338/adventureless_hero/RickkillsShane.jpg

reaper239
Aug 20th, 2012, 03:35 AM
I haven't finished season 2 yet. Need about 6 more episodes. But I couldn't help but make some Shane pics once I saw him in his crazy phase. Fucking overalls! LOL!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v338/adventureless_hero/RickkillsShane.jpg

that strip, now that's funny. bro, i'm bout to give you my vudu info, you need to see the second half of the season. it's da bes.

Adventureless_Hero
Aug 22nd, 2012, 08:09 AM
that strip, now that's funny. bro, i'm bout to give you my vudu info, you need to see the second half of the season. it's da bes.

Yeah, I don't have a home PC anymore and my laptop doesn't have any kind of torrent shtuff on it, so I'm not exactly sure how I can scope out the episodes. Is there a damn app on the X360 or online that will allow me to purchase single episodes rather than a monthly subscription?

Lilydragon
Oct 14th, 2012, 10:23 PM
Did anyone see tonight's episode??

Cabbage Patch
Oct 14th, 2012, 11:35 PM
Did anyone see tonight's episode??

Yes, and OMG! The action has been ratcheted up and the talking has decreased dramatically, and it worked really well!

Witch_Doctor
Oct 15th, 2012, 12:20 AM
Yes, and OMG! The action has been ratcheted up and the talking has decreased dramatically, and it worked really well!

They almost lost me with the sing-a-long, but they came through. I'm hoping the show doesn't jump the shark with their katana chick.

reaper239
Oct 15th, 2012, 05:48 AM
nah man, that's actually a part of the comic arc. seems a little over the top, but i think that as long as they keep the characters kind of grounded to the source material they'll do good.

Aerock
Oct 15th, 2012, 07:11 AM
This isn't a democracy anymore... it's a RICK-tatorship!!! I like how Rick is taking charge of the group. The new twist at the end of the Season 3 premier is going to cause some chaos though!

Lilydragon
Oct 15th, 2012, 08:57 PM
IT...WAS...AWESOME!!!!!!! I didn't expect them to find survivors and definitely didn't expect what happened to Hershal.

Wicked Sid
Oct 16th, 2012, 12:38 PM
The episode was great, but one thing that I noticed is that they enjoyed killing the zombies way too much. Most of them were all smiles as they did and it kind of showed a mental shift in the group, which was quite cool.

My one gripe with the show is that they always have ammo, like an infinite amount. I doubt Hershel would have been stocked up on Python ammo, sniper ammo, etc... and even with the bag from the police station, they would not have enough for target practice, shooting the ones at the farm and clearing the prison yard.

I guess, it's just the suspension of reality I have to make.

Deacon_Tyler
Oct 16th, 2012, 03:51 PM
The makeup was amazing, but damn these characters are one dimensional. There is zero suspension of disbelief, no nuance, everything feels too...purposeful. It's akin to taking a Sunday stroll but driving in a straight line the entire time and the characters are just not likable.

This is the whole issue I have with the majority of zombie movies, especially ones that are Romero inspired - the characters are frankly all assholes and you never really care whether any of them live or die. Shane? Good Lord, I can't even watch reruns of TWD because of Shane. Hershel? Complete a-hole. Rick? Ugh. Even his son gets on my nerves.

It's such a shame, as zombies are by far my favorite monsters. Humans have an inherent fear of death and the thought that you would die but be forced to walk around eating people is completely terrifying, which is what makes zombies an effective tool of horror movies, but like any movie or show, it should still be character driven, with characters that are flawed, but relatable.

7oddisdead
Oct 16th, 2012, 06:43 PM
The episode was great, but one thing that I noticed is that they enjoyed killing the zombies way too much. Most of them were all smiles as they did and it kind of showed a mental shift in the group, which was quite cool.

My one gripe with the show is that they always have ammo, like an infinite amount. I doubt Hershel would have been stocked up on Python ammo, sniper ammo, etc... and even with the bag from the police station, they would not have enough for target practice, shooting the ones at the farm and clearing the prison yard.

I guess, it's just the suspension of reality I have to make.

I def. Have to agree with this. They did at least attempt to say they were running low on ammo....and had them go in using hand to hand only...but still....far too many "types" of guns used to have such a stockpile...oh well...was awesome none the less...this is the show we wanted....not that season two b.s.

Luna Guardian
Oct 17th, 2012, 01:04 AM
I liked that they are starting to act like intelligent human beings finally, but there're still sporadic bouts of idiocy that make me want to punch a puppy.

Good ideas the group had:
1) One person takes leadership
2) Absolute silence when raiding the house
3) Take the prison
4) Use the fence for their benefit
5) Although I'm a bit etchy about this one: Loot the zombie swat dudes

Bad ideas or stupidity the group had:
1) Giving Carol the rifle instead of a better shot
2) Taking so long to realize that the swat zombies had no neck protection and that the face-shields could be turned up
3) Not scouting the prison when they went to look for the medical ward et all
4) Not making sure the territory they were passing through was secured
5) This ties into the previous one, but is worth mentioning on its own IMHO: Not making sure all the dead bodies were actually dead

I'm sure there're more, but those're the ones that pop into mind right now

Luna Guardian
Oct 17th, 2012, 01:12 AM
Also:

Katanakatanakatanakatanakatanakatanakatanakatanaka tanakatanakatanakatana

reaper239
Oct 17th, 2012, 04:36 AM
I def. Have to agree with this. They did at least attempt to say they were running low on ammo....and had them go in using hand to hand only...but still....far too many "types" of guns used to have such a stockpile...oh well...was awesome none the less...this is the show we wanted....not that season two b.s.

you've gotta think though, where did they get all of those weapons that they didn't have earlier? wherever it was they would have prolly found ammo to go with the gun. there was also a police station in town when they were on the farm and since they were mostly using police issue, they would have been able to find ammo there.

reaper239
Oct 17th, 2012, 04:46 AM
I liked that they are starting to act like intelligent human beings finally, but there're still sporadic bouts of idiocy that make me want to punch a puppy.

Good ideas the group had:
1) One person takes leadership
2) Absolute silence when raiding the house
3) Take the prison
4) Use the fence for their benefit
5) Although I'm a bit etchy about this one: Loot the zombie swat dudes

Bad ideas or stupidity the group had:
1) Giving Carol the rifle instead of a better shot
2) Taking so long to realize that the swat zombies had no neck protection and that the face-shields could be turned up
3) Not scouting the prison when they went to look for the medical ward et all
4) Not making sure the territory they were passing through was secured
5) This ties into the previous one, but is worth mentioning on its own IMHO: Not making sure all the dead bodies were actually dead

I'm sure there're more, but those're the ones that pop into mind right now

here's how i looked at it, wit hregards to your complaints:

1. the better shots had better rifles: hershel had a M4 with some kind of closed sight, maybe an ACOG, maybe a closed red dot, regardless, better that the AK74U with folding stock.
2. no real good reason. i agree, but here's something that i'll throw out there as a possibility: they were rattled. when you get rattled, you fail to see the openings.
3. they were scouting the way to the medical ward. that's what they were doing when they left the block. they were checking out the path to the medical ward, and trying to secure the prison, but mostly trying to secure the path and expanding from there.
4. see the above. they were trying to secure the prison piece by piece. as long as they can secure what they clear that's a really good idea, but then they got overrun.
5. i chalk that up to a fatal lapse in judgement. no excuse, hershel just dropped the ball, as we are all apt to do.

Deacon_Tyler
Oct 17th, 2012, 08:55 AM
Nobody would drop the ball when it came to a zombie sitting on the floor. I would even put two rounds in a decapitated zombie.

Adventureless_Hero
Oct 17th, 2012, 10:16 AM
Nobody would drop the ball when it came to a zombie sitting on the floor. I would even put two rounds in a decapitated zombie.

I kind of agree with you, although I wouldn't go so far as to put two bullets in decapitated zombies. But I do think it was lame that Hershel was so distracted with finding Glenn and Maggie that he let himself get bit. Now I'm very curious to see if he'll bleed out, die of infection, or survive his amputation.

reaper239
Oct 17th, 2012, 11:18 AM

you could say the same thing about soldiers clearing a building, but on more than one occasion fatigued and battle weary soldiers have been shot in the back by enemies who are playing dead. not only that, hershel is old, his wits may be sharp, but not nearly as sharp as they had once been. balls drop all the time, in fact, i dropped two back when i was 12.

reaper239
Oct 17th, 2012, 11:25 AM
I kind of agree with you, although I wouldn't go so far as to put two bullets in decapitated zombies. But I do think it was lame that Hershel was so distracted with finding Glenn and Maggie that he let himself get bit. Now I'm very curious to see if he'll bleed out, die of infection, or survive his amputation.

think two, maggie is one of two surviving daughters, out of a family of at least five, more when you count the extended family and close friends that were on the farm before the crew arrived. what would you do when looking for your daughter in the middle of a zombie infested prison? how steady and observant would you be? can you garuntee that no matter what happened you'd keep a level head? plus she was running around with that asian boy, what's a father to do? ;)

Luna Guardian
Oct 17th, 2012, 11:43 AM
balls drop all the time, in fact, i dropped two back when i was 12.
*badum pish*

Now, as for the better shots having better rifles, that would make perfect sense if the situation was dire enough. However, as it was shown, Carol almost shot Rick, and her contribution was arguable. She would have been of safer use at the fence, stabbing eyes out plus it would have conserved ammo.

As for the scouting the way to the medical ward, there wasn't really any much better ways to do it than they did, I admit that. However, they went in too fast and too light. Granted, the swat gear gave them some additional protection, but considering the actual swat members were killed and they were in much heavier gear, that shouldn't have given them such a sense of invulnerability. I will grant that they were scouting, but I maintain that they did it in a really retarded way. Did any of them even have guns with them?

Now for securing territory, that they simply failed to do. They were overrun, yes, but from every direction, including from the rear. Again, guns might have been helpful to break through the first wave so they could have retreated back to their strongpoint.

Granted, they're not soldiers trained in urban warfare, but some things should be just common sense

reaper239
Oct 17th, 2012, 01:11 PM
*badum pish*

Now, as for the better shots having better rifles, that would make perfect sense if the situation was dire enough. However, as it was shown, Carol almost shot Rick, and her contribution was arguable. She would have been of safer use at the fence, stabbing eyes out plus it would have conserved ammo.

As for the scouting the way to the medical ward, there wasn't really any much better ways to do it than they did, I admit that. However, they went in too fast and too light. Granted, the swat gear gave them some additional protection, but considering the actual swat members were killed and they were in much heavier gear, that shouldn't have given them such a sense of invulnerability. I will grant that they were scouting, but I maintain that they did it in a really retarded way. Did any of them even have guns with them?

Now for securing territory, that they simply failed to do. They were overrun, yes, but from every direction, including from the rear. Again, guns might have been helpful to break through the first wave so they could have retreated back to their strongpoint.

Granted, they're not soldiers trained in urban warfare, but some things should be just common sense

the same argument could probably have been made of carl, but he was in the tower as well.we don't really know how good a shot the others are at this point since we haven't actually seen any of them shoot in this season. even in previous seasons, the men did almost all the shooting, and we never saw glen engage targets at any kind of real range. it might also come to the physical strength of stabbing a wlker versus firing a rifle. i'm not saying your wrong, just playing devils advocate.

regarding scouting, no argument that they did it poorly.

the only problem that i see with the claim that they completely failed to secure the are is that there were multiple halls leading to their position. it's difficult to take down a building of that size and scope properly and safely. they failed to a point, but some of it was just poor fortune. of course that doesn't absolve them of their mistakes, the biggest one being their speed, aggression, and equipment.

here's how i would do it: my best hand to hands would take point with two with handguns in the middle and two riflemen bringing up the rear. we would take it low and slow, approach each corner with caution and lay alarms across paths we didn't take. to notify me if anything entered the hall behind us.

Luna Guardian
Oct 17th, 2012, 02:01 PM
Here's how I would do it:
Knowing that there's a probability of zombies, make a little noise behind the door and attract ¨possible shamblers, as to avoid unpleasant surprises. Reasoning: If they're there, they're going to get to us anyways, so it's better to set up a chokepoint and a place of our choosing.

Aerock
Oct 22nd, 2012, 09:00 AM
you could say the same thing about soldiers clearing a building, but on more than one occasion fatigued and battle weary soldiers have been shot in the back by enemies who are playing dead.

As a Soldier, I disagree. There are Rules of Engagement in battle. There are no rules that you have to abide by in TWD. EVERY corpse that I came across would have been stabbed in the head with a tire iron (or similar weapon). I can't believe that the group made a mistake like that and Herschel got bit.

That being said, remember how we saw what Shane was seeing while he turned? I want to see if One-Legged Hershel has new insight like people do when they die, "see the light," and come back to life. Did he see the light, or did he see something like Shane did?

I thought that Michonne was the one looking at Carol cutting up that walker, but the previews didn't make it look that way. I think that it's gonna be Merle!

The week to week suspense is killing me! Time to get my zombie fix on by listening to We're Alive - The Zombie Story of Survival! I listened to the first four chapters this weekend... I can't wait to see what happens in chapter 5!

Deacon_Tyler
Oct 22nd, 2012, 09:53 AM
The idea about the choke point is so true. It's why I liken TWDto a Sunday stroll in which you only move in a straight line - the people are so idiotic and one dimensional and unlikable that I am not sure I can even stomach this entire season.

yarri
Oct 22nd, 2012, 10:00 AM
I have trouble wrapping my brain around bringing the sole medical personal with you into a room to room sweep. The doc should not have been there

Deacon_Tyler
Oct 31st, 2012, 12:58 AM
The worst part about the show

The convicts said they were locked in the cafeteria for some ridiculous amount of time like 9 or 10 months or some nonsense.....okay so they had food but

WHAT DID THEY DRINK?
HOW DID THEY SHAVE?
WHO CUT THEIR HAIR?

Even if there were answers to the latter two questions (they smuggled in a year's supply of razors in the middle of a zombie apocalypse), WHY would they bother to maintain their hairstyles?

Also, how did the Caucasians and Latin gentlemen stay so tanned?

It gets better - 1 well fed guy will produce over 300 pounds of excrement and well over 100 pounds of urine in a year's time. Multiply that by five and the cooler they were pooping in would not be big enough, plus the ammonia in all that urine in an enclosed space would kill them. Even if it didn't, it would not only bleach their prison jumpsuits, but cause them to disintegrate.

Plus, the smell....wow. Imagine how much sweat they would have produced in that amount of time - they would have looked as though they were covered in crude oil and probably filled with parasites like scabies. Plus, scurvy!

I quite literally hate myself for watching the walking dead religiously, but it is quite literally the only game in town as far as zombie tv shows :/

Luna Guardian
Oct 31st, 2012, 04:30 AM

The convicts said they were locked in the cafeteria for some ridiculous amount of time like 9 or 10 months or some nonsense.....okay so they had food but

WHAT DID THEY DRINK?
HOW DID THEY SHAVE?
WHO CUT THEIR HAIR?

Even if there were answers to the latter two questions (they smuggled in a year's supply of razors in the middle of a zombie apocalypse), WHY would they bother to maintain their hairstyles?

Also, how did the Caucasians and Latin gentlemen stay so tanned?

It gets better - 1 well fed guy will produce over 300 pounds of excrement and well over 100 pounds of urine in a year's time. Multiply that by five and the cooler they were pooping in would not be big enough, plus the ammonia in all that urine in an enclosed space would kill them. Even if it didn't, it would not only bleach their prison jumpsuits, but cause them to disintegrate.

Plus, the smell....wow. Imagine how much sweat they would have produced in that amount of time - they would have looked as though they were covered in crude oil and probably filled with parasites like scabies. Plus, scurvy!

I quite literally hate myself for watching the walking dead religiously, but it is quite literally the only game in town as far as zombie tv shows :/

You think those issues are bad? Then answer me this, who cuts everyone's grass in the zombie apocalypse?

Deacon_Tyler
Oct 31st, 2012, 10:53 AM
You think those issues are bad? Then answer me this, who cuts everyone's grass in the zombie apocalypse?

Best. Quote. EVER.

Blood & Ice Cream
Oct 31st, 2012, 11:00 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcjgilao1M1qll20no1_400.jpg

reaper239
Oct 31st, 2012, 11:29 AM

WHAT DID THEY DRINK? bottled water
HOW DID THEY SHAVE? a knife or sharp metal
WHO CUT THEIR HAIR? they cut their own hair, or didn't in some cases

Even if there were answers to the latter two questions (they smuggled in a year's supply of razors in the middle of a zombie apocalypse), WHY would they bother to maintain their hairstyles? habit, and short hair is useful in most situations. a knife can be sharpened to a razors edge fairly quickly, and using only rudimentary tools. long hair may be a result of a lack of maintenance

Also, how did the Caucasians and Latin gentlemen stay so tanned? the latino gentleman is naturally tan, that's why he's latino. and i know some white guys who don't spend a lot of time outside, but the have really dark skin pigment

It gets better - 1 well fed guy will produce over 300 pounds of excrement and well over 100 pounds of urine in a year's time. Multiply that by five and the cooler they were pooping in would not be big enough, plus the ammonia in all that urine in an enclosed space would kill them. Even if it didn't, it would not only bleach their prison jumpsuits, but cause them to disintegrate. remember when rick opened the freezer? a prison freezer has to be large enough to acommodate several days worth of food for several thousand inmates. latrine. also, there were bars on the windows, but the windows weren't sealed. excrement could be thrown outside.

Plus, the smell....wow. Imagine how much sweat they would have produced in that amount of time - they would have looked as though they were covered in crude oil and probably filled with parasites like scabies. Plus, scurvy! prisons keep large ammounts a water on hand for emergencies, plus there would be cleaners in there. as far as scurvy or scabies, there are ways to get around that.

i'm too lazy to seperate them, so my responses are in blue

reaper239
Oct 31st, 2012, 11:31 AM

the mad gardener who only wants to cut grass.

Deacon_Tyler
Oct 31st, 2012, 12:17 PM
i'm too lazy to seperate them, so my responses are in blue

A year's worth of bottled water in a budget conscious prison? I'm dubious. I could *almost* believe some sort of gravity fed well tap (and I'm making that term up).
As for shaving with kitchen knives for a year - no, just no.
I'm biracial, but have the complexion of a latino and there is a marked difference between natural pigment and tanned, The latter of which appears more of a reddish hue. The Caucasian man was very clearly tanned.

I will bite on your explanation of throwing excrement out the windows - very plausible.

Cabbage Patch
Oct 31st, 2012, 12:48 PM

You didn't see the herd of zombie sheep?

Wicked Sid
Oct 31st, 2012, 01:03 PM

I have never fucking thought of this. Goddammit, man, now I can't stop.

Image was here.

Jesus, this is one of the best images I've seen on this forum.

Luna Guardian
Oct 31st, 2012, 01:17 PM
You didn't see the herd of zombie sheep?

Must've missed it, I'll look for it when it comes baaaah-ck

reaper239
Oct 31st, 2012, 01:46 PM
Must've missed it, I'll look for it when it comes baaaah-ck

no! bad luna, bad!

Luna Guardian
Oct 31st, 2012, 02:25 PM
Oh come on, it was punny! And I think you meant to say "Baaah-d Luna"

reaper239
Oct 31st, 2012, 02:29 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcjgilao1M1qll20no1_400.jpg

here's something i just thought of, look at all those zombies milling around. and now a question: how does the grass grow? by the inch. how does it die? by the foot, STAY OFF MY GRASS!!! here's another one: what makes the grass grow? blood makes the grass grow. what makes the blood flow? the bayonet makes the blood flow. the moral of the story: if you want healthy grass, get a bayonet.

Luna Guardian
Oct 31st, 2012, 02:33 PM
But going by that, you'd need to bayonet someone who's not on your grass, bleed them, and carry the blood to the grass. A whole lot of work if you ask me, especially when there's obviously a league of deranged and crazy gardeners taking care of everyone's grass anyways

Cabbage Patch
Oct 31st, 2012, 02:40 PM
http://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/2010/3/7/129124959518297695.jpg

Luna Guardian
Oct 31st, 2012, 02:44 PM
But shouldn't zombie sheep be eating other sheep? Me wearing wool shouldn't make a difference.

EXCEPT that by wearing wool, they, in their thought-impaired zombie-sheep-brain state, would MISTAKE me for a SHEEP! Oh the wool-manity!

yarri
Oct 31st, 2012, 03:01 PM
But shouldn't zombie sheep be eating other sheep? Me wearing wool shouldn't make a difference.

EXCEPT that by wearing wool, they, in their thought-impaired zombie-sheep-brain state, would MISTAKE me for a SHEEP! Oh the wool-manity!
Goofy dork :)

UndeadSweeper
Nov 4th, 2012, 07:07 PM
Wow, they have a one black guy per group limit in the walking dead.

7oddisdead
Nov 4th, 2012, 11:23 PM
finally.

alls im sayin....

Luna Guardian
Nov 4th, 2012, 11:24 PM
The witch is dead?

Aerock
Nov 5th, 2012, 04:07 AM
Carl's going to grow up being one deranged man... I'm thinking that Rick's too screwed in the head now and I hope that Glenn and Maggie are going to take care of the new edition. Andrea better not drink the Kool Aid next week! Michonne needs to stop letting her BS and take the reins again.

reaper239
Nov 6th, 2012, 04:48 AM
Wow, they have a one black guy per group limit in the walking dead.

hey, that's progress, 15 years ago they would have had one new black guy per episode, and each one would have died at the beginning of the episode.

Luna Guardian
Nov 6th, 2012, 05:07 AM
Finally got around to watching the episode. I know that Lori's death scene is supposed to be tragic and sad, but honestly I hate the character so when she died, I didn't feel bad at all. T Dogg's death though, that one was actually sad :(

mem
Nov 6th, 2012, 10:30 AM
mrs mem said "oh no they killed off the token black guy ! oh wait they already have a replacement."
why is it always just one. why not have 3-4 to make it harder to figure out who is going to get killed off.

@Luna Guardian - Like you I was glad to see her go. I was ready for her to go last season. T Dogg on the other hand. I hated that. He went out valiantly though. It was a good death

UndeadSweeper
Nov 6th, 2012, 10:53 AM
mrs mem said "oh no they killed off the token black guy ! oh wait they already have a replacement."
why is it always just one. why not have 3-4 to make it harder to figure out who is going to get killed off.

@Luna Guardian - Like you I was glad to see her go. I was ready for her to go last season. T Dogg on the other hand. I hated that. He went out valiantly though. It was a good death

"Token black guy" is a strict rule which is heavy enforced among the ranks.

We should seen it coming, anyway. He got to talk in this eps and was even directly spoken to by Rick. He was a goner.

Also the Carl rule is still in effect, whoever prevent him from leaving an area dies.

7oddisdead
Nov 12th, 2012, 01:18 AM
so am i completely bat-shit insane or did they ever confirm carrol as dead? i dont remember seeing anything more than them picking up her headscarf thing(that she conviently happened to be wearing for this one special episode). i could be confused though, as walking dead sunday has also become a drinking night at the halfacre house. ;) also, this weeks episode...........

meh

but still better than anything else on tv :hsugh:

Litmaster
Nov 12th, 2012, 07:39 AM
so am i completely bat-shit insane or did they ever confirm carrol as dead? i dont remember seeing anything more than them picking up her headscarf thing(that she conviently happened to be wearing for this one special episode). i could be confused though, as walking dead sunday has also become a drinking night at the halfacre house. ;)

Ha, I was thinking the same thing.... I kept thinking that I missed something when I went to take a piss. And if they DIDN'T find her body, then who the fuck is in her grave???

Also, some more Walking Dead bullshit: Rick's Variable Face-Blood Splatter, which seems to change every time he walks into a new room. WTF, did he like stop to wash his face on a quick break from his psychotic axe swinging?

Witch_Doctor
Nov 12th, 2012, 07:45 AM
I love the new season of The Walking Dead, especially after last season's Little House on the Prairie error (Pun abso-Falcon-lutly intended). Yet, truth be told, the only thing that show has over We're Alive is better looking zombies.:D

Litmaster
Nov 12th, 2012, 07:53 AM
I love the new season of The Walking Dead, especially after last season's Little House on the Prairie error (Pun abso-Falcon-lutly intended). Yet, truth be told, the only thing that show has over We're Alive is better looking zombies.:D

Yeh... can you imagine if the WA characters were somehow transported to the Walking Dead world?

After they stopped laughing at how ridiculously easy those zombies are to kill, they would have cleared out half the zombie population by now...

ellea
Nov 12th, 2012, 10:12 AM
so am i completely bat-shit insane or did they ever confirm carrol as dead? i dont remember seeing anything more than them picking up her headscarf thing(that she conviently happened to be wearing for this one special episode). i could be confused though, as walking dead sunday has also become a drinking night at the halfacre house. ;) also, this weeks episode...........

meh

but still better than anything else on tv :hsugh:

Yeah that left me scratching my head. She had the scarf on when she walked out the door but it somehow ended back inside the door. That was an odd scene. If I heard correctly the director said on Talking Dead that she was in fact dead.

Aerock
Nov 13th, 2012, 04:31 AM
... ifthey DIDN'T find her body, then who the fuck is in her grave???

I'm thinking that they just assumed she was dead, honored her with a symbollic burial, and dug her a shallow grave. If I remember the previews for next week correctly, doesn't Daryl find Carol's knife? Maybe they assumed wrong and she really is alive? It'd be weird if Michonne ends up running into her and Carol becomes her new sidekick!

Hoff4D
Nov 13th, 2012, 08:48 AM
I'm thinking that they just assumed she was dead, honored her with a symbollic burial, and dug her a shallow grave. If I remember the previews for next week correctly, doesn't Daryl find Carol's knife? Maybe they assumed wrong and she really is alive? It'd be weird if Michonne ends up running into her and Carol becomes her new sidekick!

x2, the preview for next week has Daryl finding Carol's knife, doesnt necessarily mean she's alive to me, because I would keep a knife WITH me while going hand-to-hand with zombies in an equivocal maze of concrete and darkness. Losing the knife, to me, signifies losing my life, but still, it gives some hope...could've been some heroic escape that left her without knife, but doubtful....

Aerock
Nov 14th, 2012, 07:10 AM
If I heard correctly the director said on Talking Dead that she was in fact dead.

I heard that too, but I thought he was just referring to Daryl reacting to her "death."

I'm surprised that nobody mentioned the phone call. Doesn't a phone need power to work? That means that Rick really is bat-shit crazy! Maybe he's talking to Shane... possibly Lori?

fridginators
Nov 14th, 2012, 11:59 PM
Uh, I've read the comics: I assume I'm not allowed to spoil it?

I'll put it this way: my brother has a theory that Carol somehow saved Lori with her magical C-section skills. If this was We're Alive, I would say that yes, that's likely, simply because in We're Alive every scene means something. However, TWD has such a history of shooting useless scenes - see Zombie Well in season 2 - so I wouldn't be surprised if it was all for nothing.

By fucking god what is it with this show and missing people though? Like mother like daughter... good work Carol. That said, I think she's still alive, but I don't really know. Walking Dead's been much much better this season, I'm really impressed, but we'll just have to see what happens. I do hope they don't do a Sofia with Carol... seriously. Dead or Alive. NO MORE MISSING PEOPLE. Missing people plots are always fucking terrible. We're Alive had the good sense to make the missing people plots somewhat irrelevant - asides from the initial search for Lizzy, there was no real active search for her, Saul, Angel or Burt, and thank god.

7oddisdead
Nov 15th, 2012, 01:22 AM
So for all you comic readers out there...anyone find the governor a lil bland? I mean I'll say nothing of what he was in the books....but...yea...i want more.

I guess that's the real problem with this show...if you've read the books, you know this show could be ten times more twisted. I guess we really can't compare the two...And that's really hard(read: aggravating) to keep in mind.

Also, if carols dead...then the entire line of her growth as a character was pointless...she had more development than t dog..who seemingly everyone loved...if she's dead,that's a waste. I'll be pissed.

yarri
Nov 15th, 2012, 04:50 AM
So for all you comic readers out there...anyone find the governor a lil bland? I mean I'll say nothing of what he was in the books....but...yea...i want more.

I guess that's the real problem with this show...if you've read the books, you know this show could be ten times more twisted. I guess we really can't compare the two...And that's really hard(read: aggravating) to keep in mind.

Also, if carols dead...then the entire line of her growth as a character was pointless...she had more development than t dog..who seemingly everyone loved...if she's dead,that's a waste. I'll be pissed.

I refuse to believe she's dead. you are right. She survived so much to die off camera is just not right. Now I'm confused about the last scene with Rick, I've watched it 5 times ...wtf?

fridginators
Nov 15th, 2012, 08:35 PM
I think she's dead (Lori I mean), but her character is far from done. She will continue appearing in flashbacks or in someone's damaged mind. (those who read the comic know what I'm talking about).Well this says far more than I would've said, but yeah it's essentially correct/how I predict the show will go.

Also 7odd I completely disagree, I think that the Governor in the show is far more appealing than he ever was in the books. I like that we know how we should not trust him but can't help it. I also like that him and Andrea are borderline-romantic, which from memory didn't really happen in the books.

I also like Daryl and Merle and think that they make for a far more interesting plot than without them. Honestly while of course the book is a lot more coherent, there's a lot that was just weird and crude: I'm citing Dale and Andrea's relationship here particularly. Obviously it is a comic so it's understandably a bit weird and creepy, that's kinda the point, but still, I much much prefer many aspects of the TV show...when the plot actually progresses. So far, I've been pleasantly surprised - season 3 has been excellent.

7oddisdead
Nov 15th, 2012, 09:29 PM
Well this says far more than I would've said, but yeah it's essentially correct/how I predict the show will go.

Also 7odd I completely disagree, I think that the Governor in the show is far more appealing than he ever was in the books. I like that we know how we should not trust him but can't help it. I also like that him and Andrea are borderline-romantic, which from memory didn't really happen in the books.

I also like Daryl and Merle and think that they make for a far more interesting plot than without them. Honestly while of course the book is a lot more coherent, there's a lot that was just weird and crude: I'm citing Dale and Andrea's relationship here particularly. Obviously it is a comic so it's understandably a bit weird and creepy, that's kinda the point, but still, I much much prefer many aspects of the TV show...when the plot actually progresses. So far, I've been pleasantly surprised - season 3 has been excellent.

yea...dont get me wrong I've been pleasantly surprised by how good this season has been. And the governor character is most likely just my own personal opinions reflecting on aspects of both the books and the show I enjoyed..i will say yes, this governor is faaaaaaar more "real" than the book version...I'd just like a little more "edge" when he's alone, the time when he can let the inner weirdo out..but perhaps that's still coming, just knowing what the showrunners have to work with(book material)

ellea
Nov 16th, 2012, 10:05 AM
I refuse to believe she's dead. you are right. She survived so much to die off camera is just not right. Now I'm confused about the last scene with Rick, I've watched it 5 times ...wtf?

I want to think she's still alive too. Plus I was reading that Tyreese was going to be introduced in this season. Maybe that storyline will pick up from the prison. ???

7oddisdead
Nov 19th, 2012, 04:55 PM
After last night....im VERY excited for the rest of the season!

HardKor
Nov 19th, 2012, 07:48 PM
I gotta say I'm really digging the governor. I keep finding myself really liking the guy and then he goes and does something evil, vicious, or just all around creepy and I realize "Oh....right, he's a villain." Then he goes off and starts acting all nice again and the process starts all over again.

7oddisdead
Nov 19th, 2012, 08:44 PM
I'm figuring out a few things about the governor/merle dynamic....all of you who have read the books should know what COULD happen in the coming episodes. Initially I didn't like the governor...he just didn't have the same level of demented-ness as the comic character...but he's just a different character...one that's possibly more interesting..because the sauveness didn't really exist in the book....now, we have merle.....need I saw more?

mem
Nov 20th, 2012, 11:39 AM
Lori is gone now we need Andrea to die. Wish I could magically appear in that show and beat her to death with a cinder block.

pinkstarmary
Nov 20th, 2012, 02:18 PM
I can't wait to see the confrontation between Rick and The Governor.

werewolf
Nov 20th, 2012, 08:48 PM
did you see the duffel bag of guns when Michonne was in the governor's room in episode 5? the same duffel that rick gave the vatoes in the first season.

Litmaster
Nov 21st, 2012, 02:17 AM
Lori is gone now we need Andrea to die. Wish I could magically appear in that show and beat her to death with a cinder block.

Andrea is going to stumble across a captured Maggie and Glenn, switch allegiances, then escape with them back to the prison, setting the stage for a massive Woodbury assault at the end of this season...

reaper239
Nov 21st, 2012, 03:44 AM
did you see the duffel bag of guns when Michonne was in the governor's room in episode 5? the same duffel that rick gave the vatoes in the first season.

michonne's mules were carrying that bag because andrea took it with her at the end of last season

werewolf
Nov 21st, 2012, 06:07 PM
michonne's mules were carrying that bag because andrea took it with her at the end of last season

but was the duffel that the mules were carrying had the word sheriff on it?

Luna Guardian
Nov 21st, 2012, 11:34 PM

I would disagree. Andrea is one of the few likable characters left (one of the few likable characters throughout the show). She has found a place of safety and stability and is unaware of the less savory side of the Governor. Also, Michonne acting like a demented crazy person throughout everything doesn't really help her credibility in her arguments against the lure of civilization

7oddisdead
Nov 26th, 2012, 08:28 AM
glenn taking out a zombie while duct taped to a chair made this episode great.

unfortunately, the rest of it.....meh.

and dude in the shack was labeled in the credits as "hermit" now im annoyed with this show...killing hermits...honestly..the nerve of some people

:hsugh:

Cabbage Patch
Nov 26th, 2012, 11:12 AM
This is twice now on the Walking Dead that duct tape has prevented a biter from chomping down on someone's arm (Milton two episodes ago and Glen this last episode). I am adding duct tape to my bug-out bag. Large, large quantities of duct tape.

Luna Guardian
Nov 27th, 2012, 02:01 AM

Hehe. Hehehe. Hehehehe. MWUAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAA!!! :D:D:D:D

mem
Nov 28th, 2012, 06:25 AM
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17h4sngk0tuuyjpg/original.jpg
someone can't spell but this was funny

mem
Nov 28th, 2012, 06:26 AM
http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/images/user_photos/1252894/3bb4be2e8b8c22dcc2f14b6aa3f240de_width_600x.png
still sad that he died !

yarri
Nov 28th, 2012, 06:31 AM
This is twice now on the Walking Dead that duct tape has prevented a biter from chomping down on someone's arm (Milton two episodes ago and Glen this last episode). I am adding duct tape to my bug-out bag. Large, large quantities of duct tape.

I did a blog on uses for duct tape. I'm adding that to my list as well and to my bug out bag.

yarri
Nov 28th, 2012, 06:33 AM
glenn taking out a zombie while duct taped to a chair made this episode great.

unfortunately, the rest of it.....meh.

and dude in the shack was labeled in the credits as "hermit" now im annoyed with this show...killing hermits...honestly..the nerve of some people

:hsugh:

As you are my favorite resident hermit, don't let it bother you. I heard it was a stunt hermit and no actual hermits were harmed in the making of that episode..

reaper239
Nov 28th, 2012, 10:09 AM
but was the duffel that the mules were carrying had the word sheriff on it?

rick never gave the bag to the vatos, just some guns and ammo, the bag stayed with the group until the farm and when everyone bugged out, the andrea was left holding the bag (see what i did there?). when she scadood off the farm she kept looking through the bag for ammo, eventually running into michonne. it can be assumed that since at the beginning of this season the mules had the bag, and we have now confirmed that it does in fact say sheriff, that it is the bag rick took from the station. t-dog may die, love interests may come and go, but the bag will survive forever.

abayarts
Dec 1st, 2012, 10:35 AM
Haven't read the whole thread but people at my job are assuming Lori is still alive, did I miss something? I know they never showed her body, but she looked pretty dead to me.

UndeadSweeper
Dec 2nd, 2012, 07:06 PM
See the Highlander law is in effect. There can only be one. Tyler!

7oddisdead
Dec 4th, 2012, 12:40 AM
so i just have to say....i feel this last episode was the best of the series. it felt dark, bleak, gritty....ya know, the good stuff. and we got some happiness, the first appearence of tyresse...creepy axel being creepy....carol owning up to NOT being a thespian..(she said thespian, right?)...michonne behaved like a human for two seconds...the guv'na unravelling (FINALLY!) and carl actually being quite awesome...his scenes were probly some of my favorites in an episode full of win. yea...best yet in my opinion.

ps....yarri. neither of us were right. hope your as happy as i am

yarri
Dec 4th, 2012, 04:59 AM
so i just have to say....i feel this last episode was the best of the series. it felt dark, bleak, gritty....ya know, the good stuff. and we got some happiness, the first appearence of tyresse...creepy axel being creepy....carol owning up to NOT being a thespian..(she said thespian, right?)...michonne behaved like a human for two seconds...the guv'na unravelling (FINALLY!) and carl actually being quite awesome...his scenes were probly some of my favorites in an episode full of win. yea...best yet in my opinion.

ps....yarri. neither of us were right. hope your as happy as i am

Very happy, that eppy was very good. :)

reaper239
Dec 4th, 2012, 05:02 AM
love it, soon as i saw the new black guy heading into the prison i said to my fiancee, "either him, or the prisoner is going to die this episode." she was so shocked i was right that i laughed when he got shot. also, saw in the previews that darrel is alive and walking in the woods with his beloved crossbow again. good to know i will not have to throw my tv out the window, as that would make me a little sad.

mem
Dec 5th, 2012, 11:00 AM
See the Highlander law is in effect. There can only be one. Tyler!

http://i.qkme.me/3s0jpz.jpg

have to give cred to the first one that suggested the highlander law

Litmaster
Dec 5th, 2012, 01:09 PM
Ok, so why can't The Walking Dead producers get out of their own way when they are designing their episodes? They can't even manage to have one episode without some complete BULLSHIT that pulls you out of the story and makes you go "WTF??!?" such as:

The Token Black Guy thing. All black guys on TWD should automatically get hazard pay.

Crazy, nonsensical segments with hermits in the woods who subsist on nothing but dog hair for an entire year and seem completely unaware that ZOMBIES HAVE TAKEN OVER THE FUCKING EARTH, despite the fact they live dead-center in the 'Red Zone'...

Apparently, skulls don't exist in the Zompocalypse, given that one can slide a knife or machete into the head of another zombie or human with the same resistance as SLICING THROUGH A WET TURD

Body appendages that pop like ripe grapefruit as soon as they are grazed by zombie teeth. What the hell is that? The Zs have razor teeth or something? A zombie infection makes you grow f'ing barracuda fangs???

Ok, let me get this straight: you can freely smear yourself in zombie guts, have zombie blood freely and liberally sprayed all over your face, even DISEMBOWEL the fuckers with your bare hands, snapping their zombified bones to make bone daggers with, but as soon as you get bit, you're done for? Uh, yeah.... that makes TONS of sense.

There's more where that came from, but I just had to let loose on the injustice that We're Alive can't get picked up as a show, but The Walking Dead freely executes such lazy, amateuristic bullshit...
[/RANT]

mem
Dec 13th, 2012, 10:18 AM
http://www.trbimg.com/img-50bccf80/turbine/la-et-st-the-walking-dead-recap-showdown-in-wo-001/600

wanna see a magic trick?

mem
Dec 13th, 2012, 10:24 AM
http://myzombieblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Penny-gets-it.jpg

TADAAAAAAAAAA!

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Dec 13th, 2012, 11:27 AM
Damn, I have to see the third season soon!!!

What should I call the image sequence: Zombie-Blacksploitation?

REZombie
Feb 24th, 2013, 07:13 PM
anyone else feel as though TWD is starting to get a little boring? either that or listening to WA has made me notice everything TWD is lacking, lol.

Osiris
Feb 24th, 2013, 07:27 PM
Meh. It's really spiralled into a soap opera.

REZombie
Feb 24th, 2013, 08:24 PM
I agree.

Also, anyone else feel like the Governor seems like a copy of Bill Compton from True Blood?

reaper239
Feb 25th, 2013, 04:57 AM
yeah, this episode was not as good, i actually looked at the clock wondering how much more there was to the episode. it just seemed really slow. rick needs to go cray again and liven things up a bit. was a little dissapointed andrea didn't goose the guv'na with that shiv she had, but then, he is a cray but somewhat interesting character. they need to get off the faction warfare, the sooner the better. NEEDS MOAR ZOMBEHS

Litmaster
Apr 1st, 2013, 03:27 AM
Ok, I'm still pissed and I just can't get over it, and I need to vent. So many things about this episode rang false, such as:

- Uh, what THE HELL did the Governor need with those tools from the torture room in the first place? And why did he decide to send Milton after them instead of grabbing them himself?? Oh yeah, I know: BECAUSE THE SHITTY WRITERS NEEDED TO MANUFACTURE A MEANS FOR ANDREA TO FREE HERSELF, that's why!!!

- What was Team Rick's plan for defending the prison, exactly? Drop a couple tear gas canisters, send in 2 walkers, then have Glenn and Maggie scare everyone away? If Morgan has joined the group, the Governor would still be in the Tombs, impaled on a booby trap right now. That was a lame-assed plan, Rick!

- Amazing that, despite all those deaths, not a single person died at the prison assault, despite hundred of rounds being sprayed back and forth. Glen and Maggie apparently have been taking shooting lessons from Tyreese, given that they couldn't manage to hit a dozen and a half enemies running with NO COVER across the prison yard, even though they had automatic weapons!

- Why THE FUCK does it take Andrea SO LONG to go after those pliers, anyway? Milton gets stabbed and is definitely going to die and turn into a girl-chomping walker. So Andrea chooses to take her SWEET ASS TIME trying to get the the pliers, even stopping altogether while chatting with the soon-to-be-walker Milton. I guess she can't walk and chew gum at the same time, either...

- So after Tyreese and Sasha have their nice little visit with the Woodbury Bingo Club, she offers to take over on watch, but he says, no... there is somewhere he has to go. So I'm like, "Ok, he's going to be the one to save Andrea at the last minute and free her." But no, he never shows up, and it is never explained where the hell he went, or why. Was he taking a leak??

- Ok, and the massacre: the Governor starts spraying into a crowd of FULLY ARMED people, who- instead of, uh, I dunno, FIRING BACK- decide it's a much better plan to try and run for it ACROSS AN OPEN FIELD. Yeah, that was brilliant thinking on their part.

- And, speaking of that: do they have access to some magical teleport machine or something? The Governor started shooting the crowd on ONE side of the trucks, then suddenly the majority of the crowd appears 30 yards away on the OTHER side of the trucks! You'd think if they had any brains they would have teleported a bit further, y'know, like to the ARMORY in Woodbury or something...

- The Governor then manages to escape death for the 24th time this series when Allen can't manage to pull his trigger finger back TWO CENTIMETERS in the time it takes the Governor to raise his ENTIRE ARM and bury a round in his forehead. But we can understand Allen's hesitation, can't we? It's not as if the Governor had just confirmed beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is a DANGEROUS PSYCHOPATH on a murderous rampage or anything. He was like Rick from Season 2 all over again...

- Then there was Martinez and G-Dog (that's short for Governor's T-Dog, who also apparently can't get any lines), who decide to stand by WITH THEIR THUMBS UP THEIR ASSES while the massacre unfolds. I guess they were just so mesmerized by the Governor's 'leadership skills' that they never even thought to send a round through his skull while his back was turned.

- Here's the biggest thing: WHERE THE FUCK DID THE GOVERNOR GO??? He was SO hell-bent on vengeance that he mowed down his entire crew when they split, then after that he went... where, exactly? Did he go shopping? Did he decide to stop for a latte before resuming his attack on the prison? HEY, WRITERS OF THE WALKING DEAD: when you have a conflict between a protagonist and an antagonist, YOU NEED TO RESOLVE THAT SHIT, not drag it out into the next season!!! So you expect us to believe the governor was so single-mindedly bent on revenge that he just HAD to go stock up on some more eye-patches before taking up arms once again on Rick & Co? Nice move, Walking Dead! WAY to leave us hanging!

-But no worries! Rick now has a mini-army of pussies and geriatrics to help him defend the prison against...3 guys! And they graciously decided to leave ALL THE FUCKING SUPPLIES AND RESOURCES at Woodbury where they were, just in case any roaming walker needs to make use of them. The prison is SOOOOO much more comfortable, after all, and so much easier to defend (blown out guard towers and torn down gates notwithstanding).

- The only character who showed any sense this entire episode was Carl, who didn't flinch when that Woodbury guy was obviously about to lunge at him while handing over his weapon. Carl DID NOT "gun him down", as Hershel says- he saw a threat, and he neutralized it... the same thing Rick should have done while meeting with the Governor a few episodes back.

- Now we know why Glen Mazarra is leaving TWD: he must have actually cared about a coherent story. The producers decision to stay put at the prison was OBVIOUSLY financially motivated: no new sets to build, no new locations to scout, etc. Fasten you seat belts, everyone! The prison is about to become the new Farm! Get yourself ready for half a dozen future episodes when Carl runs off and kills a few walkers while Rick tries to talk him back to civilization...

This bullshit is exactly why Kc needs to keep We're Alive far, far away from any TV network suits or movie producers. When production costs become more important than producing a good artistic product (or even a halfway believable one!), then this kind of writer's room hack-job is the result. Count this as the last Walking Dead I'm watching-- this show and I are officially DONE! : :mad: :mad: :mad:

Litmaster
Apr 1st, 2013, 02:19 PM
The fact that so many people seem to have liked the finale makes me dubious about the collective intelligence of the human race...

Vlarken
Apr 1st, 2013, 02:32 PM
Almost every point you made, Litmaster, I agree with... Albeit in a rather more toned down manner, lol. The thing is, I thought that season 3 was going fairly well up until the finale where they decided to nose dive it into the ground. It seems a very simple matter for them to cap off a good season with a good finale, but I suppose it wasn't. I couldn't help myself to compare it to We're Alive's season 3 finale, which was one of the most spectacular finales I've ever experienced.

A further complaint: why would the Governor lead his troops into the deeps of the prison in the first place? Perhaps he should have had Admiral Ackbar with him, because very obviously "it's a trap!" Well anyway, whatever, there's still Game of Thrones for me to be excited about.

Robzombie
Apr 1st, 2013, 02:51 PM
It's TV and I expect so little from it. I don't remember any time that I might have expected so much that I was left so dissapointed. I like and watch WD, but I'm not pasionate about it. Although I do remember thinking to myself "why are you going into the 'catacombs' with everyone?!?!" That was dumb, but again, It's been so long that I've been impressed with seeing something that makes entire sense, but I enjoyed it for what it was, mindless entertainment.

Litmaster
Apr 1st, 2013, 06:23 PM
It's TV and I expect so little from it. I don't remember any time that I might have expected so much that I was left so dissapointed. I like and watch WD, but I'm not pasionate about it. Although I do remember thinking to myself "why are you going into the 'catacombs' with everyone?!?!" That was dumb, but again, It's been so long that I've been impressed with seeing something that makes entire sense, but I enjoyed it for what it was, mindless entertainment.

You know, what is even more disturbing for me is reading some of the many pro-finale comments about the Walking Dead on facebook. Holy shit, I am really disturbed at what absolute garbage people are so willing to consume. Their biggest complaint against 'haters' is that the finale did not have enough blood and gore!

Are you fucking serious??? It's not the gore that's the problem: the problem is the story IS FUCKING STUPID! The writers continually to expect us to digest unrealistic scenarios even while they are pissing in our face! Even aside from all the commercials and product placement bullshit, I'm just tired of the writers of the show just crudely manipulating scenes to reach their own ends. Believability just goes out the window.

I'll stick with We're Alive, thanks. I don't care if the audience is comparatively small; at least this is one place where the writer hasn't sold his soul to the profit machine...

Bullethead
Oct 16th, 2013, 02:55 AM
So I know this show is probably laughed at by people on this forum but did anyone see the Premier this Sunday? Again it was an hour long of nothing but there is a supposed "wrench" that has just been thrown in the whole system.

Thoughts if you saw it?

Merlin1274
Oct 16th, 2013, 05:21 AM
Swine Flu or Cholera Hence the Sick pig, Sick Boy then we get Dead Pig, Dead Boy.. Now is there a Zombie Pig Boy running around spreading 2 viruses?

Oh lord have mercy its raining Zombies. I think that was on of the funnier scenes from the series.. Lots of Softies over time. That became very juicy when they hit the floor. I guess it also took on a new meaning to Let the Bodies hit the Floor..

I like the series. It has it moments when I question WHY. but its still a decent show. I think this season will get better. Like anything the first few chapters have to lay the ground work for what is to come..

Vlarken
Oct 18th, 2013, 09:41 PM
Oh lord have mercy its raining Zombies. I think that was on of the funnier scenes from the series.. Lots of Softies over time. That became very juicy when they hit the floor. I guess it also took on a new meaning to Let the Bodies hit the Floor..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04F4xlWSFh0

I think this first episode was a very solid start. I wasn't sure how they were going to make the ridiculous 'we're taking in everybody' mentality of the season 3 finale work, but they did pretty well (of course, it helps that they had a time jump, that always helps). Also it kind of confused me as to how all those zombies on the roof managed to be there... I mean, they ALL went up on that roof to die? I suppose. Very cool set-piece though.

REZombie
Oct 19th, 2013, 02:18 AM
Also it kind of confused me as to how all those zombies on the roof managed to be there... I mean, they ALL went up on that roof to die? I suppose. Very cool set-piece though.

I'm assuming that several were on the chopper, possibly overloaded, and thats one reason it may have crashed killing them and they became zombies....plus several people could have been on the roof running from zombies and died when it crashed on them.

I do like TWD...but the writting kills me some times....WA tells a much more believable story with the character reactions/interactions, and is over all just "better".

This episode was ok...interested in seeing how this dead pig hing works out...got two dead/dying pigs and a sick boy... also liked the creepy lady in the woods.

Bullethead
Oct 30th, 2013, 06:23 AM
I may have missed the dead on the roof but yes as everyone is infected i'm guessing they were originally survivors on the roof waiting for help and died off.

This latest episode was kind of cool. We find out that the gentle Carol is now a murderer but was it a mercy murder? And there is a Super Horde of Z's headed for the prison. So look for everyone to evacuate in a few episodes.

Nina
Nov 19th, 2013, 09:53 AM
I couldn't wait for this season to start , now I can't wait for it to finish so that something interesting actually happens . I can only take so many episodes of character development with no movement on the plot !

Love

Nina

Witch_Doctor
Nov 19th, 2013, 12:41 PM
Anyone else look at the Governor's beard and think, RANDY!?

Merlin1274
Nov 19th, 2013, 03:01 PM
Witch_Doctor. I had the same thought the other night.. That's funny..

tonyhind86
Nov 22nd, 2013, 05:13 AM
Anyone else look at the Governor's beard and think, RANDY!?

I agree. So now the Governor has a "Randy beard" and Herschel's still sporting a "Burt beard"

Bullethead
Nov 22nd, 2013, 06:14 AM
I couldn't wait for this season to start , now I can't wait for it to finish so that something interesting actually happens . I can only take so many episodes of character development with no movement on the plot !

Love

Nina

Nina,

This is mainstream television these days. After the last two seasons, I'm actually happier with this season. I can't pinpoint it but I feel a lot has happened. Yes, minimal plot movement but at least the character development has been significant. I would much rather these past two episodes of Governor and Carol expulsion over 3 episodes of The Old Man crying that we can't kill that prisoner its not right, or Carl? Carl! Where's Carl I'm such a terrible mother because I can't keep tabs on my own son who wears a size 40 Cowboy hat everywhere!, or endless episodes of pacing in the prison.

Had to vent lol. But Yes, if we get one more episode of simply character development I will start to get restless. I was up in arms about the way last season ended, they teased us about a great war for 9 episodes and the 10th episode the 'war' lasted 2 minutes, no one died, and the Gov. shot all the deserters ... not worth 2.5 months of build up.

The 'book readers' tell me the shows about to get awesome but i'm not as enthused as they are. BTW Little girl is going to turn, Gov. will have to shoot her, thats my guess. Her little dolly shes holding looks a lot like the girl Rick had to gun down in Ep 1.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Dec 2nd, 2013, 07:05 AM
I am so fucking looking forward to getting the fourth season here in Germany. What a piece of good television art. Whoa, the mid-season episode that was aired yesterday must have been quite good, too.

Nina
Dec 7th, 2013, 05:28 PM
Nina,

This is mainstream television these days. After the last two seasons, I'm actually happier with this season. I can't pinpoint it but I feel a lot has happened. Yes, minimal plot movement but at least the character development has been significant. I would much rather these past two episodes of Governor and Carol expulsion over 3 episodes of The Old Man crying that we can't kill that prisoner its not right, or Carl? Carl! Where's Carl I'm such a terrible mother because I can't keep tabs on my own son who wears a size 40 Cowboy hat everywhere!, or endless episodes of pacing in the prison.

Had to vent lol. But Yes, if we get one more episode of simply character development I will start to get restless. I was up in arms about the way last season ended, they teased us about a great war for 9 episodes and the 10th episode the 'war' lasted 2 minutes, no one died, and the Gov. shot all the deserters ... not worth 2.5 months of build up.

The 'book readers' tell me the shows about to get awesome but i'm not as enthused as they are. BTW Little girl is going to turn, Gov. will have to shoot her, thats my guess. Her little dolly shes holding looks a lot like the girl Rick had to gun down in Ep 1.

Well, you called that one !

Episode 8 was fantastic, but it showed why the three episodes that proceeded it were just filler . I'd rather just half a dozen episodes a season at this pace than the dozen or so we're subjected to ! You just know the next three episodes will be talking about the events of this episode !

Litmaster
Feb 17th, 2014, 06:05 AM
Ugh, here we go with another inconsistent episode of "The Walking Dead", this time titled 'Inmates'. I do not understand Walking Dead fans, who drool and rave over every episode, no matter what kind of bullshit is shoveled forth. The show is popular as hell, but you have to all but turn your brain off in order to enjoy it even a little.

I honestly don't know why I still watch this show, when the writing is so bad and the producers are continually pissing in the viewers' faces with bullshit, implausible scenes and poor decision making. I'm just hate-watching the show at this point, because of things like this:

http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/comicsalliance.com/files/2014/02/the-walking-dead-inmates-glenn.jpg

- Kid Actors Who Can't Act: Ok, I get that it's difficult to find quality talent at that age, but these girls are just horrible actors. I mean bad, like they could have picked any two random girls at the same age and got about the same result. The scene where Lizzy was trying to smother the baby was only disturbing because of the content, but the acting was unconvincing.

- Stupid Decision-Making: So Tyreese's best idea at hearing a noise in the distance is to leave 2 kids and a baby alone in the woods? And Glen somehow manages to get up on the 2nd level of the prison before he crashed for the night, but didn't bother securing the door behind him, even with a prison full of walkers? Then Sasha is just about to open the back door of the bus and let a stream of walkers loose, so she decides to lay her assault rife down JUST UNDER THE DOOR where it will be inaccessible to her once they emerge??

- General Bullshit we're expected to swallow:
So Daryl can cap 15,000 walkers with the same 5 arrows, and NONE of them ever break or become unusable after so many repeated head shots?

Then Glen can armor up and barrel his way through 50-odd walkers, only to pass out after killing just four, even though he had time to rest?

Speaking of Glen, what the hell was he even doing up on the 2nd floor of the prison in the first place? How did he even get up there? And how was it that he was alseep/passed out? It's as if the show-runners just came up with the initial idea of staging the shot pictured above ("Hey guys! I've got a great idea!! Let's have a shot of Glen, hanging off the edge of a ledge, with a horde of zombies down below, reaching up for him!!"). So great, they stage the shot, without ever bothering to justify how the fuck Glen got into that compromising position in the first place. As a viewer, I considering this lazy and insulting to my intelligence, as if the show runners don't feel the need to justify their shit, plot-wise, because all we idiot viewers really want to see is some cool kill scenes with zombies. So we're all dumb-asses, according to AMC.

And the medic dude can take a bullet through his shoulder, and the only thing that needs to happen is to splash the wound in whiskey, wrap it (badly) in a dirty t-shirt, and he's good to go? This is apparently all you need to know in Hollywood medical school...

AMC, in all their infinite wisdom, SHOWED US THAT GLEN WAS ALIVE in their promos, then proceed to WASTE OUR TIME with the 10-odd minute 'Maggie looks for Hubby on the Bus' scene, which featured the most anti-climactic reveal in the history of tv with that walker at the end, which of course coincidentally had black hair just like Glen.

Speaking of that, so you have a whole busload of prison redshirts who escape the carnage at the prison, only to somehow get overrun a few miles down the road? How exactly did that happen? And how the fuck did NONE of them manage to even get off the bus, despite there being two exits? Why? Because FUCK YOU, VIEWER... that's why. That is AMC's answer.

I could keep going, but I'll cap it there. :mad::mad::mad:

Witch_Doctor
Feb 17th, 2014, 07:55 AM
I hear you Litmaster.

Litmaster
Feb 17th, 2014, 04:22 PM
One of the people who has greatly shaped my view of art, and of storytelling in particular, is the late American novelist John Gardner (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Gardner_%28American_writer%29), who was well known for being a very good novelist and critic, a balance that many artists find difficult to maintain. At any rate, his critical work The Art of Fiction (http://www.bibliotecah.org.uy/escribir/biblioteca/John%20Gardner%20-%20The%20Art%20of%20Fiction.pdf) still influences me today (if you have the time, I highly recommend reading the entire PDF linked there), particularly Gardener's notion that fiction should create, in the mind of the reader (viewer), a "vivid and continuous dream" from which the reader should not awaken from until the conclusion of the story. If anything disrupts that dream, jarring the reader 'awake' and reminding him/her that this is merely fiction and not reality, if any false note on the author's part disrupts the reader's suspension of disbelief.... then the author has failed. The quality of the art depends on the number of times the author, through his clumsiness, has 'awoken' his readers through various mishandling of the material.

I consider "The Walking Dead" poor art because it does nothing BUT wake the viewer from that vivid, continuous dream. "We're Alive" is much better, in that there have been relatively few times where I have 'woken up' from the story to think, "Wait a minute... that couldn't have really happened..." These jarring moments of awareness function like static on a radio transmission; the more static, the more difficult it is to focus on the transmission (story). At it's best, artistic technique is 'invisible' in that is calls no attention to itself, but only serves to augment, strengthen, and support the story being told...

Bullethead
Feb 18th, 2014, 09:33 AM
I don't expect everyone on this forum to be in love with TWD. It's like expecting everyone on the Coca Cola forums to love Pepsi. But good lord Litmaster lol.

Seasons 2 and 3 were a total shit show. I agree with everything you ranted about in those seasons. (Daryl riding a damn chopper and no one is worried about the noise that makes?). If you read through my prior posts in this thread I even ranted about the show!

This Season however, from what I've read, there is a new show runner. The first half of this season was spent giving the viewers the ending that season 3 should have had. Thats why we had 2 filler episodes of the Governor and him essentially getting Woodbury back and attacking the prison once again. The new show runner wanted a proper ending to that saga.

This half season has started off, eh, ok for me. I like it a lot more than the last 2 seasons. Yes there were some dumb decisions made but lets be honest, not everyone reacts the way they should in high stress moments. If I was Tyreese i don't think I would have told those kids to come with me as I inspect the noise, what happens if i have to run in the other direction and those kids are right behind me? They probably can't run as fast as I can. Then you'd be raging about why he took the kids with him to inspect the noise.

Sasha laying her gun down, admittedly was stupid. But then again so was the idea to let them out, why not just look through the damn windows, stab them through said windows, any number of ways to handle that situation. Not all of them are going to be ideal.

Maggie searching through to find Glen, yes we know he's alive, but she doesn't. Would you rather us not go through that part of her character progression and just skip to the part where they meet up? Is Maggie not supposed to think her fiance didn't make it out? Lets compare this to Saul and Lizzy, why did KC bother with all the episodes of Lizzy leaving messages on her tape recorder, we already know she's ok at the colony. Saul's ok to so lets just skip to where he finds her at the colony.

The bullet wound through the shoulder. He knows Whisky and a dirty rag aren't enough, but what else do they have at they're disposal? They had to run and leave everything remember? Its good enough for the night.

These first two episodes of the season I think were pretty good. Everyone is scattered its very easy to get killed at any turn because there is no longer a safe four walls of a prison. And Tank blasts probably attracted walkers from everywhere in a 10mi area for gods sakes. So yes I think you can escape the prison only to be gotten 2 miles away in the woods. Not everyone is Bear Grylls, the ultimate survivor.

I get it this show is annoying more often then not, but if its not a show your liking, you have to do yourself and your stress a favor and stop watching ha. I am giving this show some more leeway as there is a new show runner. And FINALLY some new characters. Abraham and the Hunters have arrived.

7oddisdead
Feb 18th, 2014, 10:43 AM
amen, bullethead

I think too often people try to take any story within the television medium too seriously. the walking dead (t.v.) is based from a comic book. the storytelling within that medium is nowhere near as intense as -say- novels...or even a properly written, scripted movie, or hell-an original story'ed television show for that matter. the idea of the show has been flawed from the beginning of season two in my opinion. when frank darabont left the show, the whole "too many cooks spoil the soup" factor kicked in...and this show went from something possibly great to what could arguably the best shitty show on television.

that said, I liked season three...and ive liked everything we have gotten in season four, including this last episode. why? how? I don't take a show like this too seriously.... this show is good eye candy. for me its never going to be something amazing. if I want amazing television, ill watch x-files reruns.

Question for you litmaster. have you read the novels? I personally have not either, and im only mid-way through the actual comic series...but one thing I do hear consistently is ; Robert kirkman is not actually a good writer..he's just telling a unique story. from what ive read in the comics, I would tend to agree.....and THAT is (some of) the source material for the show

Bullethead
Feb 18th, 2014, 11:38 AM
I've never read the comics. I started with watching the show and I'd like to live in that "reality" same with Game of Thrones (although my lady is slowling trying to convert me to a book reader).

That said there are plenty of things I find that I don't like about the show. (Where did the Winter go? We just glossed over that at the start of Season 2. I find that not many would survive when you can't grow crops and your food started to die off or what have you in the winter) But I have come to terms with what the show is and what it isn't...Still an enjoyable 45 minutes of my Sunday.

Now would anyone (mostly a show watcher not a comic reader as you know about everything I could possibly theorize) like to discuss the show? What were your thoughts of the first two episodes?

Anyone happy that Bob made it? I am. Sure he put lives at risk, but I can't get mad at a man wanting to get his drink on. Its the end of the world dangit, I'd be looking for liquor every night as well. We can't all be Daryl.

Litmaster
Feb 18th, 2014, 01:29 PM
I don't expect everyone on this forum to be in love with TWD. It's like expecting everyone on the Coca Cola forums to love Pepsi. But good lord Litmaster lol.

I get it this show is annoying more often then not, but if its not a show your liking, you have to do yourself and your stress a favor and stop watching ha. I am giving this show some more leeway as there is a new show runner. And FINALLY some new characters. Abraham and the Hunters have arrived.

Heh heh.... yeah, sorry. I was again annoyed at the show and had no one else to rant to so I just crapped out all my aggravation on this thread. You made some good points, but I guess Todd is right in that I'm just expecting too much from the show and taking it too seriously. I guess I WANT to like the show more than I actually do. Or, maybe I just feel some perverse satisfaction from hating the show's stupidity. :nik:

Question for you litmaster. have you read the novels? I personally have not either, and im only mid-way through the actual comic series...but one thing I do hear consistently is ; Robert Kirkman is not actually a good writer..he's just telling a unique story. from what I've read in the comics, I would tend to agree.....and THAT is (some of) the source material for the show

I read about half of "The Road to Woodbury" last Christmas when I went to visit my sister's family. Also, I read through all the comics up until about last October (I rent them free from the library; wouldn't actually pay for them myself). I agree that Kirkman is not really a great writer, but he has come up with a compelling (if not unique) story concept [zombie apocalypse]. Perhaps that is part of my frustration: here you have an interesting story concept, but a poorly told (TV) story, disrupted at various points with some poor acting, poorly setup scene situations, inconsistent character development, story decisions being influenced by economics and not story (i.e., lingering at the Farm and the Prison because new sets are expensive), etc.

The comic books are better than the tv version of TWD, but I have never really gotten much of the emotional impact reputed to be conveyed by the story, for all their graphic-ness at times (the Michonne torture scene, etc.). I think the comic format is just a weak medium to convey a serious, well-told story. It's like trying to paint a realistic portrait with finger paints...

In my opinion, no art form is perfectly able to tell a story, but if I had to rank some of them, I'd have to go with
1. the novel (especially for its ability to convey the thought of characters and potential for omniscient narration)
2. oral storytelling (live in a room with a skilled teller)
3. long-form motion pictures (i.e. mini-series or full series)
4. film (meaning a typical 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hour movie)

Keep in mind this is best forms FOR TELLING A STORY. If conveying an emotion is the goal, then I would say music is the strongest art form in this regard. I know many would claim that film is best for storytelling because it combines both audio and visuals, with embedded music, etc. However, I disagree because film invariably forces things to get cut from the story and the pacing generally moves too fast to adequately develop character and situations. Also, film can't get around the reality that, no matter how good the story being told, it is limited by the fact that it is visual in nature: the audience is still watching everything on a rectangular box (whether in a theater or on a TV at home), which by it's very nature distances the viewer from the story. With literature, on the other hand, the story is created largely in the mind of the reader, and so it can be far more immersive than film can ever be.

With that in mind, I'd say video games are a medium that have a lot of potential to tell a great story, although this has largely gone underutilized, with most video games historically consisting of flashy visuals and exercises in hand-eye coordination. With advances in graphics and technology, video games are evolving to the point where they actually can be a vehicle for telling a great story, and are more 'immersive' than film in that the 'viewer' actually participates in creating the outcome of the story. I'd say Naughty Dog's "The Last of Us" is a good example of this trend:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWzcYbtZQrk

Of course, the Walking Dead again fucks up in this department, with their stupid "Survival Instinct", a half-assed release panned by the majority of reviewers for being what it was: a quick money-grab. The Tell-Tale version was much better.

Grognaurd
Feb 23rd, 2014, 05:27 PM
I still do not think Carol murdered those two people that were sick. I think she was covering for the psycho child. Both of the people that were killed were fence duty and killed "Nick" the one with the name tag that the psyco child was infatuated with.

Litmaster
Feb 23rd, 2014, 05:34 PM
I still do not think Carol murdered those two people that were sick. I think she was covering for the psycho child. Both of the people that were killed were fence duty and killed "Nick" the one with the name tag that the psyco child was infatuated with.

Yep... I think so, too. Looks like they're setting it up that psycho Lizzy is going to kill her sister, or maybe even Judith (?!), then Carl is going to kill her off while the grown-ups are trying to figure out what to do.

Let's see how much I end up ranting about the stupid shit in tonight's episode...

Windsor995
Feb 23rd, 2014, 08:10 PM
I have to agree, Lizzy is a little psycho. I think she will kill again before Carol does something.

Bullethead
Feb 25th, 2014, 12:33 PM
That scientist...me no trust...him have something brewing in head.

Litmaster
Feb 25th, 2014, 02:47 PM
That scientist...me no trust...him have something brewing in head.

His bitch ass has got to learn to wield a rifle before spouting off any of his scientific theories.

Bullethead
Feb 26th, 2014, 05:29 AM
His bitch ass has got to learn to wield a rifle before spouting off any of his scientific theories.

Part of me thinks he did that on purpose. :tinfoil: The other part of me thinks I'm going too far down the rabbit hole on that one. He did have an issue just priming the rifle. We're a year or so into the Apocalypse, you've used a gun once or twice ok.

REZombie
Mar 16th, 2014, 07:39 PM
Best episode of the season tonight...

Bullethead
Mar 18th, 2014, 07:14 AM
Best episode of the season tonight...

Certainly a gut check episode...How would you react, honestly? I am amazed Tyrese did not stop her. Powerful stuff.

Robzombie
Mar 18th, 2014, 11:33 AM
Totally the right and I think, only, thing to do with her. Tyrese didn't stop her because he must have felt the same way, right? I hope I'd be as resolute as Carol is and capable of doing the same.

Hoff4D
Mar 24th, 2014, 08:48 AM
Anyone else notice this gem last night?

http://i.imgur.com/YBIrEfh.jpg

Bullethead
Mar 25th, 2014, 03:58 AM

I can't see the image here at work, could you describe it?

EDIT:

Was it this? 3098

Because if so I did not catch that, had to find it on the interwebz...I want to say this woman is a cannibal and Terminus is a cannibalistic colony. I mean the signs are brilliant, your food wanders in to you. But then why didn't she eat her family that she straight up murdered.

Robzombie
Mar 25th, 2014, 10:59 AM
Oh shit, what a great find! Only watched the recent episode last night and haven't really thought much about it yet, but man this sure gives something to think about.

Terminus: I'm thinking that it's giong to be the first really religious (cult-ish) based place that we've encountered yet in the show, and will therefor be totally f'd up. I base this on absolutely nothing, lol. I need to watch the episode where they go through that home with the painting again. Her mouth (and yes one eye) is one of the two main spots x'd out on the painting which might mean that her words are poison, a liar, deceiver, ?? The crossed out eye, maybe whoever marked this up knows she's blind to reality, or to someone elses lies, a follower???

EDIT:

Was it this? 3098

Because if so I did not catch that, had to find it on the interwebz...I want to say this woman is a cannibal and Terminus is a cannibalistic colony. I mean the signs are brilliant, your food wanders in to you. But then why didn't she eat her family that she straight up murdered.

Merlin1274
Mar 25th, 2014, 11:45 AM
I am thinking this is the Cannibal Group they run into. But I thought that happened while they were still at the prison..
But I do like the Theory by Rob about it being a Religious Cult or something of that nature.

Robzombie
Mar 25th, 2014, 02:30 PM
...or it could be a cannibal group, haha. I know nothing of the story from the comics. How many "groups" are there supposed to be that have to do with our main characters?? From the comics that is.

I am thinking this is the Cannibal Group they run into. But I thought that happened while they were still at the prison..
But I do like the Theory by Rob about it being a Religious Cult or something of that nature.

Litmaster
Mar 25th, 2014, 04:22 PM

Nah, I think that girl in the picture was Lizzy, who already got blasted. I mean, it was meant to symbolically allude to/foreshadow Lizzy's death... NOT that the actual person is the portrait is Lizzy.

But I agree about the Cannibal Terminus theory. Seriously, an unlocked chain link fence.... no guards about... ?

I seem to be channeling Admiral Ackbar at the moment...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4F4qzPbcFiA

Bullethead
Mar 25th, 2014, 06:41 PM
I'm looking for the cadillac that drove off with Beth in this next episode. I'm wonder what exactly is on that grill, haven't seen cattle in a long ass time so maybe some Beth Briskets for dinner? I'd ask if thats too dark but we just had a kid murdered in cold blood 2 weeks ago so no holds bar right?

Merlin1274
Mar 26th, 2014, 06:10 AM
I do not think that was Beth they were cooking. I think whoever was living in the Mortuary took her..

There was only one cannibal group that they ran into so far. It was short lived cause Rick killed them all.. They were chowing down on Herschel's other leg..

If you have not read the comics you need to. Its darker and more sinister then the show.. Plus there are a lot of things left out the comics. Also gives you some insight on what could be going on too..

Bullethead
Mar 26th, 2014, 07:13 AM
I'm not interested in the comics. Various reasons. I rather like that this show is not identical. Because try as they might when people try to spoil the show the writers take it in another direction.

Show is slow moving no doubt, but compare it to other shows on television its good.

Merlin1274
Mar 26th, 2014, 07:42 AM
I have learned a long time ago. Not to compare Books to movies. Same goes with this show.. But I like them both for various unique reasons..

Hoff4D
Mar 26th, 2014, 10:37 AM

EDIT:

Was it this? 3098

Yep, that was the picture, sorry, I should've thumbnailed it or something

Hoff4D
Mar 26th, 2014, 10:40 AM
Nah, I think that girl in the picture was Lizzy, who already got blasted. I mean, it was meant to symbolically allude to/foreshadow Lizzy's death... NOT that the actual person is the portrait is Lizzy.

But I agree about the Cannibal Terminus theory. Seriously, an unlocked chain link fence.... no guards about... ?

I seem to be channeling Admiral Ackbar at the moment...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4F4qzPbcFiA

If that painting was in the background of an episode, I'd agree with you, but the similarities between this painting and the terminus lady, and the fact that Michonne uncovered the painting and it was given to us that way....I think it's got to be the terminus chick. Although, like has been said...why wouldn't she just eat her family? I think this might be before she went cannibal (if thats the case) and somewhere along the way decided YUMMY HUMANS!

Merlin1274
Mar 26th, 2014, 11:48 AM
Actually if you go back and watch that Episode you will see a corpse in the Bedroom she closed with a woman in a chair with her hair over her should like that.. Unless she had a Twin or younger sister and they wore their hair the same.

Robzombie
Mar 26th, 2014, 12:37 PM
After looking up Terminus on Wikipedia, then reading up on the religion of the Roman god Terminus, I'm gonna add that to my previous thought that this group is a religious group, which based on some of this religion believe that their boundaries are protected through sacrifice. Maybe thats why there are only latches on the gates and no locks. I understand I may be completely 1 million percent wrong, but it's something.

Footbutt
May 14th, 2014, 07:09 AM
just started watching TWD over the weekend.
made it through to the 4th episode of the 2nd season.

maybe i have to 'wait and see' but it isn't blowing me away yet.
acting is OK.

i think i'm just spoiled with We're Alive....

NickShades
Oct 12th, 2014, 11:20 PM
What an awesome first episode of the season!!!!

The first 10 seconds reminded me of Negan's first introduction to Glenn. SO GOOD!!!

Merlin1274
Oct 13th, 2014, 06:11 AM
Yes was by far the best premier for the WD.. It was a Great Episode. I am so glad they did not drag it out..

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Oct 14th, 2014, 12:06 PM
Great episode, tension, pace. What a start of a season!