PDA

View Full Version : Zombie Origins --> Psych hospital

dijon_mustard
Mar 9th, 2012, 12:05 PM
I don't know if someone's already put this idea forward but I think that the origins of the zombie apocalypse have something to do with the Psych hospital and the murderer named ink who escaped. I believe whoever was working at that facility was experimenting on patients (electroshock treatment, torturing patients, or injections of somekind).
This might explain the scarring on the initial "zombies" Michael saw on the freeway in the first chapter. If Ink (the zombie) was able to resist electroshock it would explain why he was smarter than the others.

On the We're Not Dead podcast, they discussed this but couldn't figure out how the people from the tower would figure any of this out.

I think they will at some point return to the hospital, for further exploration, and find a journal of one of the scientists/ psychiatrists/ psychologists, ect. Don't these kinds of people always keep notes?

Ninjachicken
Mar 9th, 2012, 02:45 PM
Intresting theorie. This would explain how the "zombies" had scars so early in the apocalypse and why "ink" was at the mental institute when kalani and riley had to go through there to get to the hospitals generators. "ink" may have a role to play in the institute.

Wicked Sid
Mar 9th, 2012, 06:07 PM
Ink and Bill Roberts are one in the same but, it doesn't necessarily say that The One With The Markings or The Suited One and Bill are.

Ink, ergo Bill, may not even be a zombie.

One more thing, how would he resisting electro-shock therapy cause him to retain his intelligence?

Nathan.Luiz
Mar 10th, 2012, 03:00 PM
I don't think it would really have anything to do with the origins of the Zombies as Ground Zero seems to be the focus of that, for me its just the base that Ink and the zombies hole up in now the Arena is destroyed.