PDA

View Full Version : Kony 2012

kingdatutheresourceful
Mar 8th, 2012, 08:52 PM
Howdy. Uh hopefully I am not double posting something that's already been brought to everyone's attention. Or hopefully so because it's about a real method to bring down a murderer and tyrant of children. It takes 30 minutes of your time to watch a video, and decide what to do from there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4MnpzG5Sqc

Sorry if someone else has posted about it already, I'm not exactly the most regular member to the forums. Thank you for your time.

7oddisdead
Mar 8th, 2012, 10:58 PM
Powerful stuff...everyone needs to watch this.

Litmaster
Mar 10th, 2012, 06:10 AM
Hang on before you guys start plastering the town with posters.... there are a lot of people claiming that Kony 2012 is really just right wing propaganda in disguise and is designed to foster support for US military presence in Africa. In other words, that it's really about getting Uganda's oil. Google "Kony 2012 scam" and you'll find lots on this.

I have no idea what the truth is. I do think that anyone doing that stuff to kids should have his balls cut off and fed to him, but I also despise the idea of manipulating young people to a cause when your real motivation is not transparent. Check it out before you make a decision.

Cabbage Patch
Mar 10th, 2012, 02:30 PM
I've met with people who've seen the ravages of the LRA firsthand, including aide workers, US Military and a former child soldier. I believe the stories from the video are true, and that they barely scratch the surface of the true horror that LRA has wrought. A zombie outbreak would have been kinder.

reaper239
Mar 12th, 2012, 10:13 AM
Hang on before you guys start plastering the town with posters.... there are a lot of people claiming that Kony 2012 is really just right wing propaganda in disguise and is designed to foster support for US military presence in Africa. In other words, that it's really about getting Uganda's oil. Google "Kony 2012 scam" and you'll find lots on this.

I have no idea what the truth is. I do think that anyone doing that stuff to kids should have his balls cut off and fed to him, but I also despise the idea of manipulating young people to a cause when your real motivation is not transparent. Check it out before you make a decision.

two things: one, i agree with you to a point, never just dive into some cause without doing your due diligence, always research organizations before you decide to throw money at them, and simply throwing money at a problem is rarely the answer (threw that one in there myself). but: two, the problems with the LRA aren't propoganda, children are being abducted and forced to fight, and it really is a self propagating problem.