PDA

View Full Version : We're Alive Audie Tickets fundraiser.

Kc
Mar 7th, 2012, 09:30 AM
SEND US TO THE AUDIES!

So here's the story. The Audio Publishers Association does not give out any comp tickets or even discounts for anyone coming to the award show in New York. SO, we've decided to run a fundraiser since each ticket is $400!

http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1687&d=1331141479

The travel costs we have covered, so we're good there, just looking to raise funds for tickets.

We're Alive Season 1 First Printing Disk Set Signed! (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Were-Alive-Season-1-First-Printing-Signed-by-the-Entire-Cast/160756804103?ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1&ih=006&category=29792&cmd=ViewItem)

We're Alive Chapter Signed by the Author (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Were-Alive-Full-Chapter-Script-Signed-by-the-Author/160756811954?ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1&ih=006&category=377&cmd=ViewItem)

UPDATE! New Item Added!

Win a walk-on role with We're Alive and your name in the series! (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160757059159)

OR, if you simply would like to make a donation the link is here:

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post"> <input name="cmd" value="_s-xclick" type="hidden">
<input name="hosted_button_id" value="CTBMSNAASNDY2" type="hidden">

<input src="https://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/btn/btn_donate_LG.gif" name="submit" alt="PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!" border="0" type="image">
https://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/scr/pixel.gif

</form>

Full disclosure:
The fundraiser is to cover the cost of tickets to the event for Kc, Blaire and Grayson. All additional funds will be used to purchase tickets for the actors in the chance that they can attend as well.

Adventureless_Hero
Mar 7th, 2012, 09:44 AM
$400 a ticket?! That's rowdy. Who would be going?

Raven
Mar 7th, 2012, 09:48 AM
$400 a ticket?! That's rowdy. Who would be going? Correction that NYC for you. There is a reason I GTFO (sorry Nik) And darn you KC now I gotta pretend like my tax return didn't just come in while I gaze at this longingly

Kc
Mar 7th, 2012, 09:49 AM
$400 a ticket?! That's rowdy. Who would be going?

Correction that NYC for you. There is a reason I GTFO (sorry Nik) And darn you KC now I gotta pretend like my tax return didn't just come in while I gaze at this longingly

I just updated the information at the bottom.

Adventureless_Hero
Mar 7th, 2012, 09:50 AM
Correction that NYC for you. There is a reason I GTFO (sorry Nik) And darn you KC now I gotta pretend like my tax return didn't just come in while I gaze at this longingly

Damn you for having a tax return! I ended up owing. I so want the Season 1 signed set. That is just too fracking awesome. I can see this bid getting ugly real soon.

Makee
Mar 7th, 2012, 09:57 AM
So i just got postage rates for the UK, and apparently it'll cost me another $40 on top the item doesn't really seem fair for international bidders :/

Kc
Mar 7th, 2012, 10:03 AM
So i just got postage rates for the UK, and apparently it'll cost me another $40 on top the item doesn't really seem fair for international bidders :/

Stupid calculator. I'll try and fix that.

ANY international orders we'll make sure it's under $15 shipping. Not sure why the calculator listed it that high.

Joe Bonselaar
Mar 7th, 2012, 10:03 AM
Ouch $400 a ticket. I certainly do like what you have and am going to place my bids!

Merlin1274
Mar 7th, 2012, 10:05 AM
I placed a Bid.

dmedellin
Mar 7th, 2012, 10:29 AM
Just bid on both items and am currently the highest bidder. LOL.. Of course, I don't know if others'll let me win but let the games begin! All Deep pockets welcomed to play Bwa hahahaha ..
P.S. Love your stuff guys! We're Alive rocks and is more addictive than crack!

Kc
Mar 7th, 2012, 10:53 AM
Thank you everyone for bidding! May the best fan win! And if you're in the NY area, we can meet up when we're there.

Raven
Mar 7th, 2012, 11:13 AM
Aw no Shane? My girlish hopes dashed ah-well I shall bid tonight if it is not tooo crazy high. But for your guys sake I hope it is that high and then I can just send KC my monies direct.

nikvoodoo
Mar 7th, 2012, 11:20 AM
Raven.....that's uh....that's crap. I've been party to many an award show before in this town and never have I ever had to pay full retail price if I was nominated....This is more a sign of the times than a NYC thing.

Kc
Mar 7th, 2012, 11:28 AM
Aw no Shane? My girlish hopes dashed ah-well I shall bid tonight if it is not tooo crazy high. But for your guys sake I hope it is that high and then I can just send KC my monies direct.

Just put it in the comment if you want the donation to support a single ticket if you like.

Raven
Mar 7th, 2012, 11:46 AM
Raven.....that's uh....that's crap. I've been party to many an award show before in this town and never have I ever had to pay full retail price if I was nominated....This is more a sign of the times than a NYC thing.
You of course know way better than I in this regard to shows and how they operate I was thinking more bar hoping and price spikes in the city since 400 tickets is a hella lot for a group flying out from Cali on their own bill.

Just put it in the comment if you want the donation to support a single ticket if you like. Lets get you three on this coast first :)
Keep bidding people Ra Ra Ra

Kc
Mar 7th, 2012, 12:05 PM
You of course know way better than I in this regard to shows and how they operate I was thinking more bar hoping and price spikes in the city since 400 tickets is a hella lot for a group flying out from Cali on their own bill.

Lets get you three on this coast first :)
Keep bidding people Ra Ra Ra

Oh, I'm already planning on going to New York, I set plans before I found out I had to pay for admission. Those costs I'm covering. So I'll be there, and I'm looking to meet up with Voodoo, so if you're in the area you can come as well.

cupcakezombie
Mar 7th, 2012, 12:08 PM
Wow, first bids on ebay. We have a NZ site that we use over here for online auctions.

7oddisdead
Mar 7th, 2012, 12:48 PM
Enjoy the show sir, you deserve to be there...did what I could :) :nods:

Litmaster
Mar 7th, 2012, 01:44 PM
Done. I put in a 'private' bid of $50.00 for the signed edition.

nikvoodoo
Mar 7th, 2012, 02:10 PM
Done. I put in a 'private' bid of $50.00 for the signed edition.

.....that.....that defeats the purpose of a private bid.....what with the whole....you.....telling us about it......;)

Litmaster
Mar 7th, 2012, 02:46 PM
I know, Nik. But I was thinking about the people bidding on EBay... If it was me, I would be really disappointed if I thought I made the highest bid, but then got trumped at the last minute by some private bidder. So I decided to go public with it.

Besides... I've got enough login/ passwords to worry about without adding another one with friggin EBay!

nikvoodoo
Mar 7th, 2012, 04:11 PM
I know, Nik. But I was thinking about the people bidding on EBay... If it was me, I would be really disappointed if I thought I made the highest bid, but then got trumped at the last minute by some private bidder. So I decided to go public with it.

Besides... I've got enough login/ passwords to worry about without adding another one with friggin EBay!

:D

I feel your pain about the logins/passwords....every time I want to log in to my bank account I have to reset my password.

lectio
Mar 7th, 2012, 07:12 PM
My donation is in. Pony up, everybody!

nikvoodoo
Mar 7th, 2012, 07:27 PM
$24.50 in bidding alone until one ticket is purchased....that doesn't include any pay pal donations dropped today....

KEEP IT UP Y'ALL!!!!!

lectio
Mar 7th, 2012, 07:46 PM
That's one ticket, then - I sent in $50 this evening. Hurray!

Drogon Malice
Mar 7th, 2012, 11:57 PM
urgh i feel so useless right now i would happily buy 2 or 3 tickets if it ment getting on the show, but i don't have the funds to do so WHY DOES THE WORLD HAVE TO BE IN SUCH A BAD FINACIAL STATE! CURSE YOU UNEMPLOYMENT!

seriously i can't even donate $5 because i'm unemployed, hopefully this will happen again at some point later in the year and i'll be working then. i wish the WA Team all the best on this and offer my deepest appologies

7oddisdead
Mar 8th, 2012, 12:12 AM
-----------------------------------just a friendly suggestion!------------------------------------------------------

for those of you who have bid on the items at auction, but you have reached your "spending limit". why not take the money you were gonna bid with and donate it instead? every little bit helps! just think, if forty of us donated ten dollars...thats one ticket! lets make it happen!

again...just a suggestion. every little bit helps!

nikvoodoo
Mar 8th, 2012, 07:20 AM
$507.50 in bids alone now! Community=Winning!!

MenashaCorpse
Mar 8th, 2012, 07:47 AM
This is so cool. I'd love to have a character named after me!! Too bad my name's Kilani.... (jk)

We'll get this done, KC. Love the show.

j0be
Mar 8th, 2012, 07:47 AM
Curse you @Kc, just when I start getting money, you pull an auction for a walk on role. :D

brad1
Mar 8th, 2012, 08:33 AM
i wish i could do it but im probably too yung to do it.. and also i dont hav a credit card or debit or any way to donate or be in an auction but if i did i would

Ddc2003
Mar 8th, 2012, 06:39 PM
Thank god I'm the top bidder right now on the signed script. I would sell my soul for a signed copy of Chapter 1.

nikvoodoo
Mar 8th, 2012, 06:59 PM
Thank god I'm the top bidder right now on the signed script. I would sell my soul for a signed copy of Chapter 1.

With 8 days left to bid you just might have to....

$743 in bids! on $57 away from two purchased tickets on bids alone!

Ddc2003
Mar 9th, 2012, 07:30 AM
Lol just brought in way more then $57.

Whoever is bidding on the signed season 1, good luck, lol im done. Had a nice $100 bidding war though.

TCM Revolver
Mar 10th, 2012, 07:44 AM
Looks like you got your tickets paid for!!!! (plus a little to cover other expenses)

MINI TRIBAL!!

edit* (So my math is a little off. Whatever, I am still going to dance.)

clem131
Mar 12th, 2012, 08:33 AM
I donated something instead, it's more affordable to me :)
Let us know how it goes!

Litmaster
Mar 13th, 2012, 03:30 PM
Man... these bids are getting into rarefied air...

Can I just donate a kidney or something instead? :p

Thomas Daigle
Mar 14th, 2012, 05:22 AM
It would be awesome to get any of the above, but... my pocket it is empty

TCM Revolver
Mar 17th, 2012, 09:02 AM
After looking at the updated bids, I reinstate my call for a mini-tribal!!!

MINI TRIBAL!!

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_loc0v0qtuq1qdezf9o1_500.gif

MenashaCorpse
Mar 17th, 2012, 11:29 AM
Some mysterious person has put in a rather high max bid. Hmmm... How much will it take and who is the mysterious high bidder? CJ? Scratch?...

My marital bliss hangs in the balance (She's frugal).

Kc
Mar 17th, 2012, 04:15 PM
Wow! What a great response! We did it! We raised enough for tickets! Thank you everyone for your continued support and I cannot express my gratitude and surprise at the amount of amazing fans we have!

clem131
Mar 19th, 2012, 01:32 AM
You deserve this! Is there enough to pull in someone from the cast too?