PDA

View Full Version : Tanya?

Raven
Mar 7th, 2012, 08:47 AM
Okay I know most of the conversation about this episode will be about Kalani followed by CJ followed by Micheal/Pegs awkwardness but I can't be the only one who noticed this in the last episode.

Please someone correct me if I am wrong but she was wearing a sweatshirt ...in the middle of the dessert in the middle of the summer and I don't think the barracks have air conditioning on... And no one questioned this

My first thought is the scratches she got from Randi and his group have started to fester? I know she couldn't have stitched herself given them being on her back but it was never mentioned again after the finale? I know I am probably opening up a can of worms since there are threads wondering if Saul and Tanya have some immunity which I don't believe but I also think this was put there for us to ponder.O_o

Grognaurd
Mar 7th, 2012, 10:18 AM
I saw that and have it in mind. The other wildcard is the bandage on her arm noticed by Michael at the colony only a few days ago

Eviebae
Mar 7th, 2012, 09:52 PM
Good call! I didn't notice that at all. All in all it was a compact episode chock full of interesting bits and hints. I'm wondering what's up with Riley too. <br />
<br />
Is Michael 12? Emotionally obviously....

cupcakezombie
Mar 7th, 2012, 11:36 PM
Good idea making a thread about this. We had a discussion about this in the normal chapter discussion.
KC doesn't seem to give us information just by chance.

7oddisdead
Mar 8th, 2012, 12:01 AM
hmm....so more of a question than a statement. we now have a cold tayna, with a bandage on the arm. whos a vet...that is interested in experiementing on the undead?

how crazy would it be for tayna to try "experiements" on herself? sort of a bizarre form of an anti venom serum? its totally rediculous....but, shit...shes still walking around. and if a had to guess..its been about a week since the colony, maybe more.

abayarts
Mar 10th, 2012, 08:40 AM
hmm....so more of a question than a statement. we now have a cold tayna, with a bandage on the arm. whos a vet...that is interested in experiementing on the undead?

how crazy would it be for tayna to try "experiements" on herself? sort of a bizarre form of an anti venom serum? its totally rediculous....but, shit...shes still walking around. and if a had to guess..its been about a week since the colony, maybe more.

So she might of found the cure for the virus? interesting...

7oddisdead
Mar 10th, 2012, 10:54 PM
So she might of found the cure for the virus? interesting...

cure? nah..doubtful, something about the set-up of tanya with a bandage on her arm...and now being cold in the desert has my brain thinking something along the lines of withdrawls..or the final stages of a virus vacination....who knows. just trying to give rhyme to reason. and i cant think in boxes ;)

rottenash
Mar 17th, 2012, 12:13 PM
Safe to assume Tanya knows a ton about the infected from her reading all the journals seems very interested in going thru them,maybe she has reason to be interested. Maybe she needs to figure a way to stop the virus from spreading within herself/or has found a way to slow down the process. IDK if i was a doc, i'd be very interested in experimenting..why not start experimenting on herself. Of course this is all a load of shart if she indeed is not infected. Did i mention i'm a male in my thirties and i used to have red hair?

Eviebae
Mar 21st, 2012, 08:15 PM
I would have expected the military to have done blood testing by now. Heck, I would have expected them all to have been debriefed by now. I don't know what the protocol would be on that though.

reaper239
Mar 22nd, 2012, 05:58 AM
see, it's important to have some decompression time. you can't always be in the action, or you lose it. i made a thread about the effects of combat fatigue. i'm still learning more about it, and i'll...

reaper239
Mar 22nd, 2012, 06:02 AM
I would have expected the military to have done blood testing by now. Heck, I would have expected them all to have been debriefed by now. I don't know what the protocol would be on that though.

you gotta remember too, irwin is a training base. aka NTC or the national training center, they focus on desert warfare, not medical training, so while they would have a medical center and staff to deal with injury and sickness, they wouldn't have anything close to a virology research department. plus you have to take into account the reduction in staff due to the apocalypse, desertion, etc. plus, their priority would be the soldiers, not some drunk french chick. if i was them i'd keep her locked up until i had a free moment and felt like dealing with her.

Eviebae
Mar 22nd, 2012, 11:29 AM
i'd keep her locked up until i had a free moment and felt like dealing with her.

Argh, that's a hard call for me. The whole AA approach given a zombie (or any kind of) apocalypse. You are supposed to let them fall so you don't enable. But I don't know if that applies in this rather unique situation.

So, in the military do they let you sit before they debrief you? I'd want to know from her (and them) WTF is going on--what info they had--asap. Unless you already knew what was going on and didn't need their info. Would it be reading too much into it to think there must be a largish group of survivors so that they wouldn't have an urgency towards rescue?

I think Pegs is far less trusting than Michael in this situation. He's having a "Phew, that's over" reaction because on some level he either trusts the military or is just glad for the familiarity. Pegs is still in high alert and wants some attention and protection. That makes her needier than him; but also maybe clearer thinking. I mean, why did someone leave their guitar behind?

reaper239
Mar 22nd, 2012, 12:55 PM
i wouldn't imagine that normally they would, but it depends on whether or not they are under seige from zed

abayarts
Mar 22nd, 2012, 03:34 PM
cure? nah..doubtful, something about the set-up of tanya with a bandage on her arm...and now being cold in the desert has my brain thinking something along the lines of withdrawls..or the final stages of a virus vacination....who knows. just trying to give rhyme to reason. and i cant think in boxes ;)

I like the parallel story with his own son Saul if she is/isn't "infected" by something. Burt was ready to kill Saul when he assumed he was infected. I want to see what they'll do to Tanya if that's the case. I see KC writing some well told stories and some have Parallel arcs in a way, like Hanna and Hope having their parents trap at the Arena and now both are alone because Kalani and Samantha are dead.