PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 27- The Thirty-First Part 1

nikvoodoo
Mar 4th, 2012, 06:01 PM
It's been gone for nearly a month: But now it's back!

15 hours away from a new episode of We're Alive! What do you think is going to happen??? Put those thoughts and thoughts about the episode here!

wh33t
Mar 4th, 2012, 11:32 PM
It's been gone for nearly a month: But now it's back!

15 hours away from a new episode of We're Alive! What do you think is going to happen??? Put those thoughts and thoughts about the episode here!

Kalani's journal has been sitting idle in Hopes bag. I hope we get to read it!

clem131
Mar 5th, 2012, 01:28 AM
this, AND I hope somehow Tanya will say what she was about to say before being knocked out by the zombies. Trouble is, I will be working late tonight, in a hospital where I can't access wifi, so at 6 p.m. I will know that the new WA is out but I won't be able to reach it. ARGHGHHGHGH!

reaper239
Mar 5th, 2012, 05:21 AM

it's not nice to snoop in other people's belongings, you're a bad bad... boy? girl? it's hard to tell overthe internet. if you are a girl, i volunteer to administer punishment. if not, you're on your own. you and clem both. naughty naughty people.

DeeKay86
Mar 5th, 2012, 05:31 AM
I can't wait any more its driving me insane!!!!!!!!

Raven
Mar 5th, 2012, 06:32 AM
I expect us to open up at Irwin. Lets see if Michael has a repeat of early on and sleep for 24 hours and what kind of trouble the rest can get themselves into while the cat is away. Pegs will hover Riley will be busy getting poked and prodded by military men (oh noes) and Kelly will be envious of Riley's getting poked and prodded :)
Victor puts a gag on Saul, and has an intelligent if hostile conversation with Chinwe asking the questions we have all been wondering and she evades for the 10 mins or less of the episode we get from the LA survivors

Adventureless_Hero
Mar 5th, 2012, 07:28 AM
I want to see some artwork. Where is the chapter artwork?

Raven
Mar 5th, 2012, 07:56 AM
The cat ate it.

DeeKay86
Mar 5th, 2012, 08:31 AM
new episode is up!!!!!

TCM Revolver
Mar 5th, 2012, 09:22 AM
So kilani has more connection to the mallers than we thought... but KC and his G.D. plot twists, it doesn't mean that he is the rat!! Damn you KC!!!

Grognaurd
Mar 5th, 2012, 09:40 AM
Hmmm.... Kalani has not picked up on Sean.

Guitar -- Roaches check in, but they don't check out. If there is a lot of stuff in that room, there are a lot of them.

Blood & Ice Cream
Mar 5th, 2012, 09:42 AM
bingo!

Raven
Mar 5th, 2012, 09:49 AM
Guitar -- Roaches check in, but they don't check out. If there is a lot of stuff in that room, there are a lot of them.[/QUOTE]
IS THAT why Pegs was being so itchy? I thought she was just being typical whinny Pegs

awkwardalex
Mar 5th, 2012, 10:03 AM
So kilani has more connection to the mallers than we thought... but KC and his G.D. plot twists, it doesn't mean that he is the rat!! Damn you KC!!!

It doesn't mean he is the Rat but this does increase his chance of being THE SHOOTER.

Pandora
Mar 5th, 2012, 10:06 AM

And so does Chinwe...One of our teams picked them up.

awkwardalex
Mar 5th, 2012, 10:19 AM
And so does Chinwe...One of our teams picked them up.

I caught that to.

In the words of Michael:This is a cluster-fuck.

There are all tangled up together, and Pippin! At 14:33 I was like HOLY-SHIT!

reaper239
Mar 5th, 2012, 10:24 AM
oh, that was def the best one yet. and the end...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdhhQhqi_AE

Blood & Ice Cream
Mar 5th, 2012, 10:28 AM
what the heck is a speedletter? something that opens letters? and why would the tower occupants have one in their bags?

micheal is not really into pegs is he? nothing to do, got their own room, hell i'd know what i'd be up to! :)

awkwardalex
Mar 5th, 2012, 10:33 AM
oh, that was def the best one yet. and the end...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdhhQhqi_AE

I know I did not realize it was latch the first time he spoke, lot of background noise then I heard him speak the second time I was like #$%

Zombiphobe
Mar 5th, 2012, 10:45 AM
I haven't listened yet, but I must say the cover artwork is super cool and creepy.

7oddisdead
Mar 5th, 2012, 10:48 AM
Sooooooo goooood. I refuse to analyze this one for like, the next..
8 hrs...gotta let this soak in

awkwardalex
Mar 5th, 2012, 11:06 AM
Sooooooo goooood. I refuse to analyze this one for like, the next..
8 hrs...gotta let this soak in

PSH, bitch please

reaper239
Mar 5th, 2012, 11:14 AM
what the heck is a speedletter? something that opens letters? and why would the tower occupants have one in their bags?

micheal is not really into pegs is he? nothing to do, got their own room, hell i'd know what i'd be up to! :)

speed loader, it alows you to load firearm magazines quickly and easily, though it is most commonly used for revolvers where reloading can be a somewhat time consuming process.

DeeKay86
Mar 5th, 2012, 11:14 AM
Sooo epic... like... sooo f*cking amazing.

Pippin, Kalani etc - such an amazing episode!

Cabbage Patch
Mar 5th, 2012, 11:23 AM
what the heck is a speedletter?

I don't know if this is the same thing they're referring to in the story, but when I was in the Army we had something that was sometimes called a Speedletter. It was a packet consisting of 4 thin sheets of paper, with carbon paper sandwiched between the sheets, all bound together at the top. You wrote your message on the top sheet and it gave you 3 instant copies thanks to the carbon paper. They came in handy if you needed to share information in the field where you didn't have access to photocopiers.

Although, on re-listening, it did sound more like "speed loader" to me than "speed letter". Makes sense they would have those, we know that at least one of Burt's guns was a revolver.

reaper239
Mar 5th, 2012, 11:29 AM
I don't know if this is the same thing they're referring to in the story, but when I was in the Army we had something that was sometimes called a Speedletter. It was a packet consisting of 4 thin sheets of paper, with carbon paper sandwiched between the sheets, all bound together at the top. You wrote your message on the top sheet and it gave you 3 instant copies thanks to the carbon paper. They came in handy if you needed to share information in the field where you didn't have access to photocopiers.

Although, on re-listening, it did sound more like speed loader than speed letter.

besides, when tanya set it down, it sounded heavy and mettalic, not like paper.

AdrianHD
Mar 5th, 2012, 11:31 AM
Oh my God. Okay, I think I can say I'm a fan of flashback episodes, and this one was awesome. So many familiar voices back again. I love it!

It's nice to finally see everything fall into place. My Riley theory was battered and destroyed :| Haha.

ALSO, SCRATCH <3 <3 <3

Adventureless_Hero
Mar 5th, 2012, 11:48 AM
I can't believe the first image of a speed loader that came to my mind was the tiny plastic ring with a nub that you slip onto your thumb to load ammo into a magazine faster. I completely forgot about a revolver speed loader. :S

Anyway, great fucking episode!

One interesting thing that I did not expect was the mentioning of Sean. I am pretty sure it is the same Sean that ate it at the colony through Gatekeepers treachery. It would be lame if it just ended up being some red-shirt Sean.

So I guess the Mallers picked up Kalani, Hannah, and Pippin, kept Pippin as he is a douch and likely sided with them with some heavy ass licking. Then they used Hannah as a bargaining chip to force Kalani to be a spy? That's my assumption. There could be some crazy plot twist where Kalani and Hannah try to escape and Pippin rats them out to the Mallers, thereby causing Hannah's death, which would give Kalani motive to put a sun roof in Pippin's noggin. OR Hannah is still alive at this moment. Scratch did tell Angel, during the final assault, that she would return two captives. We know they have Lizzie, but who is the other captive? Hannah?

So I guess Sean later picked up Kalani on a road near the tarmac at LAX, but the question remains, was Kalani planted there by the Mallers, or did he wander there after escaping the Mallers?

I loved Saul in this episode. He's always been my favorite. His passion drives him and I can relate to that, even when he's being a stubborn idiot. Anyway, it was bad ass that he decided to be done with all the secret-keeping bullshit. Brilliant move, buddy!

So it was also confirmed that Pinstripes was responsible for the fall of CJ's fortress. That bastard is quite the villain. I loved that the focus was on Kalani. When I heard Michael playing guitar I was worried the focus of the story would shift over to the Ft. Irwin group. BTW, good job on the guitar Mr. Gleason!

I currently feel like this is one of the best episodes yet!

Devilish Pizza
Mar 5th, 2012, 11:54 AM
This theory is based on the title:
To me, it seems like Kalani's plane landed in LAX on May 31st. The Mallers could mess him about for around 10 days, then send him back to LAX with some of their slaves (not Hannah and Pippin). When at the airport Shaun's group could have found them and picked them up, taking them back to the 2nd tower (about June 11th). Three days later (June 14th), TOWTM comes along, and invades the place. Kalani, Samantha and others are taken to the Arena, and Datu shows up about two weeks later (June 28th), and Kalani and Datu get rescued the next day (June 29th). Then shortly after that The War happens on July 4th.

HardKor
Mar 5th, 2012, 12:00 PM
Well I think I'm about to have to admit final defeat on my "Riley is the rat" theory. I think Kalani's chances of being the rat just shot up to about 99% or so. Can't declare it for sure until we hear the rest, but I imagine its just going to be the details of how he came to be the rat. I can at least feel glad that I called Pippin being in Kalani's group that came over from Hawaii.

Adventureless_Hero
Mar 5th, 2012, 12:15 PM
My questions revolve around Hannah. Is she alive? Folks I talk to seem to be under the impression that the red-head on the golf course was indeed Hannah, but I can't buy into that theory yet. Did anyone tell Kalani about the red-head on the golf course? His whole "...that girl, that was my Hannah" line confuses me. Did he mean that dead girl on the golf course or did he mean that girl you will read about in my journal?

Also, what's going to happen when the group at Ft. Irwin reading Kalani's journal finds out that Lewis wasn't Pippin's shooter. Will group members lose trust in Michael and blame him for Lewis unnecessary death? Craziness.

awkwardalex
Mar 5th, 2012, 12:26 PM
Oh and let's not forget SKITTLES! After this episode I immediatley went back to ch.11.2 and recalled skittles "being the only one from the other tower to have seen the man in the pinstripe suit and survive." I then remebered when Skittles, angel and Kalani meeting at the base and Skittles saying he knew Kalani, but Kalani denied it.

/the plot thickens

Pikepaw
Mar 5th, 2012, 12:47 PM

I agree completely with that Revolver. darn iPhone, doing this at work, episode too exciting. Since chapter 24 came out I felt Hannah was Kalani's daughter instead of girlfriend. Something for me in the way he said "my Hannah". I also said in the live chat they may bring back Kevin Flood when they read the journal. About time! I've been waiting since the end of July to read this journal. Pippin was on the plane? Did NOT see that coming. Good to know that Brit was always unlikable.

I still cite Kalani as too fat for assassination though. I also like that these side/back stories from season 1 are coming back around in relevance. I also think Michael could use some therapy...

7oddisdead
Mar 5th, 2012, 12:50 PM
Oh and let's not forget SKITTLES! After this episode I immediatley went back to ch.11.2 and recalled skittles "being the only one from the other tower to have seen the man in the pinstripe suit and survive." I then remebered when Skittles, angel and Kalani meeting at the base and Skittles saying he knew Kalani, but Kalani denied it.

/the plot thickens

Indeed it does...but look at it this way
What purpose would denying knowing skittles serve? Angel knew kalani was from the other tower, I'm thinking he was under the impression that skittles was from the other tower as well. So knowing just what we know now, what purpose of covering that up would kalani have?....first conclusion my mind jumps to is...skittles was not with the other tower. But with a faction of the prison. Just a lil free thinking, make what you want of it. We got sooooo damn much info in this episode this thread could reach 50 pages

Blood & Ice Cream
Mar 5th, 2012, 12:59 PM
speed loader, it alows you to load firearm magazines quickly and easily, though it is most commonly used for revolvers where reloading can be a somewhat time consuming process.

ah! thank you

awkwardalex
Mar 5th, 2012, 01:00 PM
Indeed it does...but look at it this way
What purpose would denying knowing skittles serve? Angel knew kalani was from the other tower, I'm thinking he was under the impression that skittles was from the other tower as well. So knowing just what we know now, what purpose of covering that up would kalani have?....first conclusion my mind jumps to is...skittles was not with the other tower. But with a faction of the prison. Just a lil free thinking, make what you want of it. We got sooooo damn much info in this episode this thread could reach 50 pages

I agree cause what we are thinking on now is that somehow Chinwe is linked to atleast Scratch and Latch "we sent out one of our teams"

7oddisdead
Mar 5th, 2012, 01:08 PM
I agree cause what we are thinking on now is that somehow Chinwe is linked to atleast Scratch and Latch "we sent out one of our teams"

o.0

no I think latch and scratch got to them first...cj's group only found kalani. Meaning by the time the other tower got there, scratch and co had left with hannah and pippin.

Its very awesome to finally put pips origin to rest...i think several of us speculated on pippin being the third plane member...but to actually hear it? Awesome...i def let out a "f#ck yea!, I knew it!" right then..:)

Adventureless_Hero
Mar 5th, 2012, 01:10 PM

Nah. I believe she sent out a team that included Sean and a few others, but Latch and Scratch were not part of that team. Remember, Kalani did say he wasn't lying that he was picked up on a road by the tarmac, just after taking a little "detour". I believe that detour is his reference to getting picked up by the mallers. At some point Kalani made it back to LAX. What I'm not certain of is whether or not he was dropped off and planted there by the Mallers, or if he escaped.

Laura
Mar 5th, 2012, 01:47 PM
Oh mah gosh. My head is still reeling. Maybe I'll skip class to have a re-listen. Hmmmm...

God, it was great to hear Kalani again! But not in this context. I'm majorly bummed that his chances of being the rat just skyrocketed.

Mikeyd2tall
Mar 5th, 2012, 02:02 PM
oh god that was great :D hearing kalani and pippin again was pretty great!

Litmaster
Mar 5th, 2012, 02:24 PM
Ok, so Kc went back to Irwin, as expected, but he surprised me by flipping it back to Vic/Saul and giving all that juicy back-story into Kalani. So maybe he's not quite as much of an asshole as I thought...:D

This was an awesome episode, right up to the Scratch appearance at the finale. Quick reaction:

ROACHES COME IN, BUT THEY DON'T COME OUT
Yes, Arthur... all the leftover junk in the Irwin 'roach motel', together with the huge fortification surrounding it, is suspicious. Still leads me to believe that this is how Irwin dealt with previously infected newcomers, which is why I still think they'll make some gruesome discovery on that floor they were told to stay off...

SEAN AND HANNAH MAY MAKE AN APPEARANCE
No body = No Dead, right? We heard about Sean getting betrayed, but never got the details about what went down, or who, or how. This leaves the door open for a late Sean appearance, which would be awesome to add this piece, say, right before a climactic attack on the Colony or something.

And with Hannah... I was one of the first that subscribed to the dead Hannah at the golf course thing, as Kalani wouldn't sacrifice himself for his new tower buddies if he thought that Hannah was still alive. So HE thought she was dead, but was that redhead really her?? Wouldn't be surprised if she turns up later.

KALANI WAS BLACKMAILED
This one seems like a slam-dunk by now: Scratch and Latch pick up Kalani, Hannah, and Pippin, then promply separate them and threaten to beat/rape Hannah senseless unless Kalani plays ball by acting as a spy on CJ's tower, which the Mallers probably already knew about and messed with before. Or perhaps they didn't actually know where the tower was located, but planted Kalani on the road to dupe Sean's team into taking him back there.

Think about it: why would the Mallers go after our shitty tower if they could have taken over CJ's much better tower across town? The only explanation is that they tried to attack it an failed (no evidence of that so far), the tower was already overrun / unuseable (unlikely, given that CJ is currently living there and the main defenses still seem to be intact), or that they didn't know where it was located. Still, I'm not sure..

CJ IS GOING TO GIVE SAUL/VIC MAD INTEL ABOUT THE ZOMBIES
Again, it seems that CJ's biggest enemy wasn't the Mallers, but the Bill Roberts led zombies (that's Ink, or TOWTM for you newbies). I bet CJ has a ton of files about not just Ground Zero but also the Zombie variants, origin, etc. I think we are in for a nice juicy episode where CJ shares all her stuff about what she's learned about the Zombies, and this is going to set in motion a plan that is eventually going to lead them back to the hospital for a showdown with Bill and the Gang.

Still , there are lots of unresolved questions, like:

Why didn't the Mallers attack CJ's Tower???

Why did the Mallers use Fat-Boy Kalani as a spy, if they knew he was a valuable pilot? How could Kalani have hid this from them when it was obvious they just came off a plane?

How long are Vic/Saul going to be separated from the group?

And where the hell is Burt and Angel??? (Come on, KC... how long are you going to keep stringing us along with this plot-line, goddamn...)

nikvoodoo
Mar 5th, 2012, 02:32 PM
Marvelous!

Remember the words of caution I threw out during the latest WND: Kalani's alibi for the shooting is Datu. Just because Datu thinks they were together the whole time doesn't mean they were. If Kalani is the shooter exclusively (ignoring the rat portion) Pippin is about to do some more dastardly shit to warrant Kalani shooting him in the face. That could be what he meant by things coming to a head.

If there's anything in those journals about past tense shooting Pippin I have a logic fail because he never re-entered the tower from what we were told, and I don't know when he'd have been able to stash them

Adventureless_Hero
Mar 5th, 2012, 02:46 PM
Marvelous!

Remember the words of caution I threw out during the latest WND: Kalani's alibi for the shooting is Datu. Just because Datu thinks they were together the whole time doesn't mean they were. If Kalani is the shooter exclusively (ignoring the rat portion) Pippin is about to do some more dastardly shit to warrant Kalani shooting him in the face. That could be what he meant by things coming to a head.

If there's anything in those journals about past tense shooting Pippin I have a logic fail because he never re-entered the tower from what we were told, and I don't know when he'd have been able to stash them

I agree completely. I doubt we will see anything in the journal that says, "then I shot that Pippin mother-fucker in the face." but we will likely be provided with a strong motive for Kalani shooting him. This is why I am currently cultivating the notion that Pippin will betray Kalani and Hanna in some most dastardly way. Hell, I am even of the opinion that Kalani and Hanna orchestrate an escape from the Mallers but in the process Hanna could be killed. Though it is more likely that the Mallers were holding Hanna ransom and forcing Kalani to be their agent.

7oddisdead
Mar 5th, 2012, 02:46 PM
Marvelous!

Dammit!...your right! So the one thing we probly could point a finger at kalani for with confidence, is the one thing kalani can allude to, but not confess...geez

nikvoodoo
Mar 5th, 2012, 02:49 PM
And has anyone ever proposed the "Kalani the rat on accident" theory? The on accident theory we tie to Pegs not knowing any better. What if Kalani accidentally sets up the tower while trying to orchestrate an exchange of Hannah? "hey there's going to be a big party tonight, bring here to location x and I'll meet you there." then once he realizes he got screwed fires the shot heard round the world trying to hit scarface in the eye...

If that be the situation, I'm far more at ease with Kalani being the rat. It provides motivation for the tower to avenge Kalani and Hannah in a future meeting. It also goes to show how big a bitch Scratch can be if you didn't already know.

Adventureless_Hero
Mar 5th, 2012, 02:57 PM
And has anyone ever proposed the "Kalani the rat on accident" theory? The on accident theory we tie to Pegs not knowing any better. What if Kalani accidentally sets up the tower while trying to orchestrate an exchange of Hannah? "hey there's going to be a big party tonight, bring here to location x and I'll meet you there." then once he realizes he got screwed fires the shot heard round the world....

I do believe he is the one that fired that shot but I don't believe the accident theory is likely. I need to go back and listen to the Kalani chapters; I want to see if there is a strong urge to avoid the Mallers or to "stumble" into them. It could be that Kalani lost Hannah early on, before we were introduced to him. He may have resigned himself to death when in the Arena but when he realized his chance to survive had come, he decided upon revenge. It could be that he contacted the Mallers from the tower, then purposely fired the shot to start a war. Again, I'm just looking at the possibilities but I don't think this one is very likely either.

7oddisdead
Mar 5th, 2012, 03:03 PM
And has anyone ever proposed the "Kalani the rat on accident" theory? The on accident theory we tie to Pegs not knowing any better. What if Kalani accidentally sets up the tower while trying to orchestrate an exchange of Hannah? "hey there's going to be a big party tonight, bring here to location x and I'll meet you there." then once he realizes he got screwed fires the shot heard round the world trying to hit scarface in the eye...

If that be the situation, I'm far more at ease with Kalani being the rat. It provides motivation for the tower to avenge Kalani and Hannah in a future meeting. It also goes to show how big a bitch Scratch can be if you didn't already know.

I THINK I cooked up something along those lines at one point. But that was prior to us knowing of Hannah, most of the ideas involve him being the patsy to the real mastermind of the tower..would i still buy kalani as the shooter?...yea, most likely...the rat?..doubtful

cupcakezombie
Mar 5th, 2012, 03:46 PM
I loved that episode. It was really good to get some pieces put together, but by no means do we know all yet.

It will be interesting to find out what Kalani was supposed to do at the other Tower before he got interrupted by TOWTM storming down the gates. Because he wasn't trusted it would have been harder for him to get into a position where he could have pulled what he did with 'our' Tower, so maybe it would have been more intel.

One other thing I was wondering about was Tanya being cold. KC doesn't seem to put in much that isn't of importance, so he is either letting us know winter is coming, or Tanya being cold is important. I am not huge on the Tanya and Saul 'immune to being zombiefied theory' but not sure what other direction to run with the cold option.
Or it could just be in passing to let us know that the place is a cold barracks and they have enough power to run heaters. :)

zombiesurvivor
Mar 5th, 2012, 03:48 PM
when Kalani is in the plane u find out that Pipin is also in the plane. We find out also who Hannah is somewhat. I think Scratch and Latch were watching the plane go down and they see people coming out of the crashed plane. So what is going on with Kalani before he was trapped in the Arena?

Litmaster
Mar 5th, 2012, 03:50 PM
HANNAH WAS NOT THE REDHEAD AT THE GOLF COURSE
Ok, I just flip-flopped on this one, but two major pieces of evidence contradict this one:
1. Kalani is Polynesian. Unless Hannah is an adopted daughter, I think the chances of a Polynesian daugher ending up a redhead is about 0.0000000
2. Kalani was already going forward with helping the Tower guys with the flight plans prior to the golf-course incident. So he didn't suddenly turncoat the Mallers out of spite for her death, unless he had believed that she was already dead for awhile. So sometime between the ill-fated R&R Party (where it was likely Kalani on the radio, not Bill) and Kalani & Angel's buddy-bonding road trip, he seems to have sided totally with our guys and stopped helping the Mallers. He would only do this if he believed that Hannah was already dead--thus, the Mallers would lose their hold against him and he would likely be out for revenge.

Any evidence to what might have actually happened to change Kalani's allegiance?

TIDBIT: Listened again to a bit of Ch. 21-3 "Mark of the Beast": Burt actually sees the plane Kalani/Pippin came down on... He mentioned a crashed Hawaiian airlines plane at 6:26.

cupcakezombie
Mar 5th, 2012, 03:57 PM
HANNAH WAS NOT THE REDHEAD AT THE GOLF COURSE
Ok, I just flip-flopped on this one, but two major pieces of evidence contradict this one:
1. Kalani is Polynesian. Unless Hannah is an adopted daughter, I think the chances of a Polynesian daugher ending up a redhead is about 0.0000000
2. Kalani was already going forward with helping the Tower guys with the flight plans prior to the golf-course incident. So he didn't suddenly turncoat the Mallers out of spite for her death, unless he had believed that she was already dead for awhile. So sometime between the ill-fated R&R Party (where it was likely Kalani on the radio, not Bill) and Kalani & Angel's buddy-bonding road trip, he seems to have sided totally with our guys and stopped helping the Mallers. He would only do this if he believed that Hannah was already dead--thus, the Mallers would like their hold against him and he would likely be out for revenge. Any evidence to what might have actually happened to change Kalani's allegiance?

TIDBIT: Listened again to a bit of Ch. 21-3 "Mark of the Beast": Burt actually sees the plane Kalani/Pippin came down on... He mentioned a crashed Hawaiian airlines plane at 6:26.

I think that it was during the Angel Kalani trip that he became more buddy buddy. Remember just before he sent the helicopter into the tanker he apologised to Angel for the flat tyre, that seems to me like he did it on purpose. What if he was supposed to have the flat happen so that the Mallers could come and pick them both up. But then Angel and Kalani bonded and after that I think the bromance was on.
Also, do we know that Kalani is Polynesian?

not_infected
Mar 5th, 2012, 04:28 PM
Amazing episode, just fantastic. I was gasping, laughing, and calling encouragement at my desk, much to the disgust of my coworkers. I wish all episodes could be as packed with information, but on the other hand, it was so satisfying after a long wait! More!

Re: Michael being nuts for not getting with Pegs asap -- Michael needs some serious decompression time. He seems like someone that would benefit from it anyhow, he's been under intense stress, he's getting a chance to just chill with a guitar, and Pegs comes in to suck all the oxygen out of the room. If she were someone like Riley, who can sit and be comfortable with silence, he might have been able to deal. But Pegs wants to bond.

Agree. I don't recall anyone mentioning Kalani's lineage. However, I DO remember Datu writing in his journal: "He didn't look like his name would be called Kalani." I always noticed this, namely because it's one of the few times the Datu-speaks-broken-English thing seemed really natural, but on subsequent relistens, I wondered if there was more going on -- is Kalani who he says he is, etc.

However, as someone who has been accused by strangers of lying about my ethnicity, I have no problem believing that Kalani's name is really Kalani, and also that he doesn't look like it would be.

Pandora
Mar 5th, 2012, 04:41 PM
I caught that to.

In the words of Michael:This is a cluster-fuck.

There are all tangled up together, and Pippin! At 14:33 I was like HOLY-SHIT!

I was wrong..I dont think Chinwe was with the Mallers...she said Sean picked up Kalani..just him. Prisoners did something to Hannah. I wonder if prisoners called Kalani 'Poncho'

richrockx
Mar 5th, 2012, 04:42 PM
so the whole Pippin part of this is really what interests me, this almost definitely confirms that Kalani killed Pippin and not some weird Angel something or other involvement, and if the mallers picked the two of them up together, only makes sense that they'd send Pippin in to talk to Kalani inside the tower, but why so late, So0o many unanswered question!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pandora
Mar 5th, 2012, 04:45 PM
so the whole Pippin part of this is really what interests me, this almost definitely confirms that Kalani killed Pippin and not some weird Angel something or other involvement, and if the mallers picked the two of them up together, only makes sense that they'd send Pippin in to talk to Kalani inside the tower, but why so late, So0o many unanswered question!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont think Mallers knew Kalani was in the Tower. They sent Pippin in to find Pegs cause she killed John (Latch). Pippins passport was real then I guess hua?

cupcakezombie
Mar 5th, 2012, 04:56 PM
I dont think Mallers knew Kalani was in the Tower. They sent Pippin in to find Pegs cause she killed John (Latch). Pippins passport was real then I guess hua?

My thought is that they knew that Kalani was in the Tower. They had contact with someone because Scratch mentioned that the other person they had in there hadn't been in contact for a while (When talking to Tardust at the end of last season). I am thinking that Kalani was on their side for a while but when they turned and they stopped hearing from him they sent Hannah to the golf course as a kind of 'f%#k you to Kalani. If you don't want to play our game we will just kill your girl. Remember they had no idea the extent to which Kalani had turned (if he was the rat, which I firmly believe he played some part in), or how much he had spilled to the Tower. So as far as they were concerned he was gone, and what a way to let him know.

Litmaster
Mar 5th, 2012, 05:07 PM

Okay...some speculation there. But damn, he's from Hawaii. His name is Hawaiian (meaning "Heaven/sky/chief"). He's fat (okay, this is a racial stereotype). And how many ginger-headed Irishmen are named friggin' Kalani??!?

I'm interested where, exactly, Datu says that Kalani doesn't look like his name. Which chapter?

Pandora
Mar 5th, 2012, 05:09 PM
Why was Scratch so shocked when she saw the helicopter. I just dont know without knowing what conversation they had on the way back to save the tower (in the helicopter..plan c) too little too infrequently..I am not going to try and figure it all out anymore. Just bugs me.

7oddisdead
Mar 5th, 2012, 05:13 PM
Okay...some speculation there. But damn, he's from Hawaii. His name is Hawaiian (meaning "Heaven/sky/chief"). He's fat (okay, this is a racial stereotype). And how many ginger-headed Irishmen are named friggin' Kalani??!?

I'm interested where, exactly, Datu says that Kalani doesn't look like his name. Which chapter?

Purgatory pt2 I believe

Pikepaw
Mar 5th, 2012, 05:24 PM
Ok Cupcake, I am going to try what I can for your questions. Tanya being cold could just be an old lady thing. I know several women of all ages who seem to be cold all of the time (Later poster insert joke here about the land from which I originiate). So an older woman complaining about the temperature isn't weird to me. But maybe it means something who knows.

I really doubt the flat tire was intentional because it happened while they were fleeing for their lives from a Behemoth and nearly got them killed. Kalani was actually telling Angel to save himself when they got cornered, so the flat tire did nothing to help any secret goals. Plus it was revealed on We're Not Dead that Kevin Flood improvised the "Sorry about that flat tire" line. I apologise for my mistakes, don't you?

Pandora, of course Scratch was shocked to see the helicopter. The Mallers had been to LAX as established in this last chapter, so they know that there was just the one damaged chopper. This is a pristine helicopter that the Mallers had no clue the Tower had access to. Burt mentions they took routes to make sure the Mallers couldn't see them. It was an unadded element that threw a wrench in a plan that depended on the travel delay by car from the golf course to the Tower. Plus, zombie apocalypse, you are fighting against a few soldiers and a bunch of civilians, are you really going to expect them to have a helicopter?

nikvoodoo
Mar 5th, 2012, 05:40 PM
Um...so remember how Scratch said "both of them" during chapter 24 and no one in the tower knew what the f*** she was going on about?

Kalani may have killed himself for no reason. If the second person was Hannah, Scratch might still have her and she might still be alive.

Ra1th
Mar 5th, 2012, 05:41 PM
Um...so remember how Scratch said "both of them" during chapter 24 and no one in the tower knew what the f*** she was going on about?

Kalani may have killed himself for no reason. If the second person was Hannah, Scratch might still have her and she might still be alive.

17 year old hannah may be better off dead...

Litmaster
Mar 5th, 2012, 05:51 PM
Plus, zombie apocalypse, you are fighting against a few soldiers and a bunch of civilians, are you really going to expect them to have a helicopter?

You do if you know they have a pilot among their ranks, which is why Scratch shouldn't have been totally surprised. I think she was just more pissed that her plan was being foiled.

Ok, regarding the Kalani / Blackmail theory...

KALANI / BLACKMAIL THEORY 2.0

A. Kalani was picked up by the Mallers, who used Hannah to blackmail him into being a spy

B. Perhaps the Mallers couldn't use one of their original gang to spy on CJ's tower because they were already well-known to CJ's bunch and the ruse wouldn't have worked

C. The Mallers wanted Kalani to strip them of their arms and set make CJ's tower vulnerable much the same way that Bill did it to our guys

D. However, Zombie Bill had his own plans, and sacked CJ's tower before Durai's plan could come to fruition. That made moving into our tower Durai's Plan B

E. After Zombie Bill invasion, CJ's remaining crew was demolished, leaving the Mallers to assume that Kalani was dead. No more mole, so no reason to keep his girl alive, either.

F. Durai and the gang then focused on Plan B--taking over our Tower-- by using Bill as the mole, who hid our ammo and laid open the welcome mat for Scratch.

G. Right before the shit went down, though, Kalani (on guard duty) uses his access to the radio to contact Scratch and ask about Hannah. Having no further need for Kalani as a mole (as Bill was already doing that over at our place), Scratch makes some snarky comment to Kalani that his little girl's bones have made fine necklaces for the whole crew, etc, etc.

H. Kalani goes ape-shit with rage, and heads to the upper balconies to try to take a pot-shot at Scratch when they arrive. So he is the shooter from the tower, even though Bill is the Rat that sided with the Mallers.

I. Durai moves in expecting and easy takeover, but doesn't count on Burt & the Gang being SuperBad, and the underdog wins the day...

J. That left Durai to go to Plan C, a riskier move of trying to find new digs in the Colony, down South, but they would first have to blow-up the Arena to keep Bill's gang from following them right to their new doorstep.

K. And Kalani, believing that Hannah is dead, now pledges his loyalty to our gang, even giving his life to ensure their survival.

L. But. the comment about two prisoners by Scratch leads me to believe that Scratch only told Kalani that Hannah was dead, but didn't actually kill her. Also, I mentioned that the redhead at the golf-course probably wasn't her.

Whew! So that's the current theory. It isn't perfect, I know, but I hope it gets some others thinking, or improving it in some way. Two things that don't jive with this theory are:

1. Why did Durai give up on CJ's tower so easily after Bill Zombie cleared the way for him? Why didn't he just wait a few days for the Zeds to clear and then move right in??

2. Why did Landlord Bill risk his life to fight for our guys if he was really thinking of getting in good with Scratch and the new regime?

3. Why would the Mallers use Kalani as a spy, when he would be much more valuable as a pilot--or more valuable at least to force him to train several other Mallers to be pilots. Can't believe Durai didn't consider this.

4. Why keep Hannah alive? Why keep Lizzy alive? It seems that Scratch is protecting them, somehow...but for what reason?

So yeah... anyone can help me out with these?

7oddisdead
Mar 5th, 2012, 05:59 PM
Purgatory pt2 I believe

CORRECTION: 10-1 round the fifteen minute mark

Pandora
Mar 5th, 2012, 06:12 PM

it is the Purgatory chapter go in about 5 mins. not sure if it is 1 or 2

Litmaster
Mar 5th, 2012, 06:21 PM
it is the Purgatory chapter go in about 5 mins. not sure if it is 1 or 2

I found it. It's in 10-1 "Purgatory" at 9:56.
Kalani is described as late 30's with thinned out grey and brown hair, "as if he had just dyed it a month ago and the greys were starting to take over" and "I woudn't have guessed his name was Kalani.

Ok, but not sure what Datu meant by that. Anyone happen to know, genetically speaking, what lineage you need to come up with a redhead? I know it's the rarest of natural hair colors (of course, the redhead at the golf course might have colored it, but it would have roots showing by now, right?

Holy crap... now I'm looking at hair dye for evidence. We're gone from listening to this thing, to studying it! Take over, Arthur! You're much better at this kind of thing than I am... Peace out, brothers. :cool:

nikvoodoo
Mar 5th, 2012, 06:28 PM
I found it. It's in 10-1 "Purgatory" at 9:56.
Kalani is described as late 30's with thinned out grey and brown hair, "as if he had just dyed it a month ago and the greys were starting to take over" and "I woudn't have guessed his name was Kalani.

Ok, but not sure what Datu meant by that. Anyone happen to know, genetically speaking, what lineage you need to come up with a redhead? I know it's the rarest of natural hair colors (of course, the redhead at the golf course might have colored it, but it would have roots showing by now, right?

What I think we have here is an over analysis of the situation.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar and sometimes a White man born in Hawaii or with Hawaiian ancestry gets named Kalani and then mates with a person with red haired genes and gets a ginger offspring.

There's also the possibility (after being prodded here by Kc) that sometimes a cigar is simply a box of red hair dye.

Pandora
Mar 5th, 2012, 06:40 PM
You do if you know they have a pilot among their ranks, which is why Scratch shouldn't have been totally surprised. I think she was just more pissed that her plan was being foiled.

Ok, regarding the Kalani / Blackmail theory...

KALANI / BLACKMAIL THEORY 2.0

A. Kalani was picked up by the Mallers, who used Hannah to blackmail him into being a spy

B. Perhaps the Mallers couldn't use one of their original gang to spy on CJ's tower because they were already well-known to CJ's bunch and the ruse wouldn't have worked

C. The Mallers wanted Kalani to strip them of their arms and set make CJ's tower vulnerable much the same way that Bill did it to our guys

D. However, Zombie Bill had his own plans, and sacked CJ's tower before Durai's plan could come to fruition. That made moving into our tower Durai's Plan B

E. After Zombie Bill invasion, CJ's remaining crew was demolished, leaving the Mallers to assume that Kalani was dead. No more mole, so no reason to keep his girl alive, either.

F. Durai and the gang then focused on Plan B--taking over our Tower-- by using Bill as the mole, who hid our ammo and laid open the welcome mat for Scratch.

G. Right before the shit went down, though, Kalani (on guard duty) uses his access to the radio to contact Scratch and ask about Hannah. Having no further need for Kalani as a mole (as Bill was already doing that over at our place), Scratch makes some snarky comment to Kalani that his little girl's bones have made fine necklaces for the whole crew, etc, etc.

H. Kalani goes ape-shit with rage, and heads to the upper balconies to try to take a pot-shot at Scratch when they arrive. So he is the shooter from the tower, even though Bill is the Rat that sided with the Mallers.

I. Durai moves in expecting and easy takeover, but doesn't count on Burt & the Gang being SuperBad, and the underdog wins the day...

J. That left Durai to go to Plan C, a riskier move of trying to find new digs in the Colony, down South, but they would first have to blow-up the Arena to keep Bill's gang from following them right to their new doorstep.

K. And Kalani, believing that Hannah is dead, now pledges his loyalty to our gang, even giving his life to ensure their survival.

L. But. the comment about two prisoners by Scratch leads me to believe that Scratch only told Kalani that Hannah was dead, but didn't actually kill her. Also, I mentioned that the redhead at the golf-course probably wasn't her.

Whew! So that's the current theory. It isn't perfect, I know, but I hope it gets some others thinking, or improving it in some way. Two things that don't jive with this theory are:

1. Why did Durai give up on CJ's tower so easily after Bill Zombie cleared the way for him? Why didn't he just wait a few days for the Zeds to clear and then move right in??

2. Why did Landlord Bill risk his life to fight for our guys if he was really thinking of getting in good with Scratch and the new regime?

3. Why would the Mallers use Kalani as a spy, when he would be much more valuable as a pilot--or more valuable at least to force him to train several other Mallers to be pilots. Can't believe Durai didn't consider this.

4. Why keep Hannah alive? Why keep Lizzy alive? It seems that Scratch is protecting them, somehow...but for what reason?

So yeah... anyone can help me out with these?

Zombie Paul right, not Bill? I hadnt put too much credit to Scratch saying she had two of the towers ppl, now that you put it that way...duh yeah your right it prolly is Hannah and Lizzy. I dont get why Kalani can fly a plane and not drive thru a fence. Maybe Kalani didnt say he could fly a chopper, trying to keep that as a backup in case he could get Hannah out. NEVER MIND...It is BILL! Bill Roberts...DIRRR...when I have been up too late I dont think well and should not post!

cupcakezombie
Mar 5th, 2012, 06:40 PM
I really doubt the flat tire was intentional because it happened while they were fleeing for their lives from a Behemoth and nearly got them killed. Kalani was actually telling Angel to save himself when they got cornered, so the flat tire did nothing to help any secret goals. Plus it was revealed on We're Not Dead that Kevin Flood improvised the "Sorry about that flat tire" line. I apologise for my mistakes, don't you?

Awww man, I totally missed that, goes back to listen to WND.

Hmmm, still not totally sold on the cold thing, it sounded quite intentional to me, but as we just had with the hair, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

cupcakezombie
Mar 5th, 2012, 06:47 PM

Right and she didn't know that Kalani wasn't in the Tower and was possibly trying to provoke him into making contact, especially if she thought that he had turned and told the Tower everything.

Hellbringer
Mar 5th, 2012, 08:09 PM
daaaamn!

I know it doesn't contribute to the overall conversation. But wow, man, wow!!! Heck, I'll even throw in a Nature Boy "Wooooooooooo!!!!" for good measure. That was fantastic!

nikvoodoo
Mar 5th, 2012, 08:21 PM
daaaamn!

I know it doesn't contribute to the overall conversation. what?!
But wow, man, wow!!! what?!
Heck, I'll even throw in a Nature Boy "Wooooooooooo!!!!" for good measure. wooooooo!
That was fantastic!

What?!

[/wrestlinghumor]

kingdatutheresourceful
Mar 5th, 2012, 08:23 PM
My mind has been totally blown. Well not really..mostly confirmed a few of my long standing suspicions. But I still want to know how it all happened for a long time. Finally getting there =)

Z Sniper
Mar 5th, 2012, 09:37 PM
This episode makes me giddy!!!!! (clapping hands, curling toes)

awkwardalex
Mar 5th, 2012, 10:40 PM
I think this calls for a certain favorite guest star one We're Not Dead...and I ain't talking about nikvoodoo

Eviebae
Mar 5th, 2012, 10:59 PM
I just so don't care about the whole rat plot and I'm not sure why. intellectually I know it's a plot point that has some importance in the storyline. It seems kind of soap opera-like. Maybe because it just seems like a distraction from the big picture parts of the story that interest me more--like the how and why of the infection and/or survival techniques.

Plus, it's the end of the world and the first instincts of the Mallers was to make new and creative ways to hurt other people...which is just sad. s'why there was an apocalypse in the first place.

MyPiMpIsAzOmBie
Mar 6th, 2012, 12:19 AM
I have to relisten tomorrow at work. So much to absorb!

clem131
Mar 6th, 2012, 01:51 AM
Just amazing, thanks KC.
Fact about Kalani/the shooter of Pippin: yesterday I was working late without access to the new episode, so I relistened to everything, almost. So, I was listening when Burt is trying his little explosive contraption at LAX while they wait for Kalani to come, and the noise attracts a zombie, the silenced pistol is already not in the bag. Saul and Burt were already out when Pippin arrives at the Tower, and Kalani sees him from the security monitors. So, if as it seems the case, he's the shooter, he already had the silenced pistol stowed away. Just wondering when did he take it and why. Just as a precaution, being the rat and not knowing what could happen? Wasn't that an unnecessary risk, as he was by then probably trying go set things straight and siding up with the tower?

(sidenote: I was performing tedious tasks on medical machinery late yesterday night, and I listened to the old episodes to pass time. It wasn't until I got to the Mark of the Beast chapter, that I realized I was all alone, in a dark hospital ward, with lights off except in the room I was in. Kalani and Riley exploring the mental hospital... Damn, not doing that EVER AGAIN)

Litmaster
Mar 6th, 2012, 02:16 AM
What I think we have here is an over analysis of the situation.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar and sometimes a White man born in Hawaii or with Hawaiian ancestry gets named Kalani and then mates with a person with red haired genes and gets a ginger offspring.

There's also the possibility (after being prodded here by Kc) that sometimes a cigar is simply a box of red hair dye.

Oh boy... yeah, that was not my finest deductive reasoning, I'll admit, so I banned myself from posting for the rest of the evening. Ha ha... about 5% actual evidence and 95% my bullshit freestyling speculation about name origins, genetics, and red hair dye! Whooooooo! :D:D:D I had to stop myself before I started analyzing Mr. Whisker's pee for evidence of where the Mallers took Lizzy!

I'm afraid this is just going to encourage Kc's manipulative nature, and he's gonna start throwing in all these little hints and tidbits that don't mean shit. Can you imagine? Saul is going to come across someone's old T-Shirt for the MALL of America... or some old pack of GATEKEEPER cigs... or a big ZERO spray painted on a dumpster... and saps like me will be going apeshit trying to decypher what it means! Meanwhile, Kc will be doing his evil villain laugh next Monday night, shaking his head at all the foolery...

A cigar is sometimes just a cigar... got it. But wait a minute--Victor smokes cigars, right? Doesn't that mean that--

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH! (THUMP, THUMP)

[Litmaster shoots himself in the head]

Mikeyd2tall
Mar 6th, 2012, 04:53 AM
(sidenote: I was performing tedious tasks on medical machinery late yesterday night, and I listened to the old episodes to pass time. It wasn't until I got to the Mark of the Beast chapter, that I realized I was all alone, in a dark hospital ward, with lights off except in the room I was in. Kalani and Riley exploring the mental hospital... Damn, not doing that EVER AGAIN)your a one brave (or stupid :D) dude.

Arkum
Mar 6th, 2012, 06:19 AM
I’m thinking Pippen convinced Latch and Scratch to dump Kalani on the side of the road or plant him near LAX and keep his daughter as motivation for Kalani to do what they want.

Scratch has that voice that is iconic. The second you hear it all the emotion it can stir up in you goes crazy. Excellent job casting her KC.

I don’t think the Mallers thought flying was a viable option anymore, or they thought that Kalani being a pilot would make it that much easier for him to be accepted into a new group. Scratch and the leader of the Mallers (Sorry I am blanking on his name at the moment) seem to always have a good plan so I doubt they would just hand a pilot over to “the enemy” without a concrete plan.

VidjaGamez
Mar 6th, 2012, 06:26 AM
Aw, so bummed I couldn't jump on here sooner! (Yay 12 hour work day and crashing instantly once I got home!)

Great episode! Excited to see at least some of my theory be true for once. Kalani, Hannah and Pippen being picked up by the Mallers prior to Kalani going to The Other Tower (CJ's Tower). I'm sorry Nickvoodoo, but I refuse to believe he was a Rat my accident, that man is a good ol' fashioned blackmailed rat! Why would he lie to CJ about being the only survivor off the plane? He was going to assist the Mallers in infiltrating CJ's Tower in order to get his daughter back from their captive hold.

Of course it could have very well been an accident at Michael's Tower, I do like NickVoodoo's theory there. Obviously finding himself alive and well he wanted to get in to contact with the Mallers again because let's face it, your daughter is in trouble, you're going to continue to try to save her. I guess we'll see, did he intentionally screw over Michael's Tower... or was it just pure accident?

But Kalani being the rat has to be a definite at this point, why would we be focusing on it so much. I was actually kind of bummed the theory wasn't even touched up on on the last We're Not Dead Podcast.

Now Pippen, I have a funny feeling that man screwed over Kalani a lot more, more than just leaving him at the fence during the airport escape. I have a feeling Pippen is the reason Kalani is in the situation... Even willing to bet he was rat number two for the Mallers. It will be interesting to see if Kalani was the shooter, even though it hasn't been said, I have a feeling Pippen really screwed him over at some point. REALLY need to go back and listen to those episodes.

I'm also insanely interested to see if Kalani is even alive. I remember someone saying his body wasn't in the helicopter... Did he walk away from it? Did the Mallers snag him out of there, do they have more use out of him? Could be interesting..

awkwardalex
Mar 6th, 2012, 07:49 AM
(sidenote: I was performing tedious tasks on medical machinery late yesterday night, and I listened to the old episodes to pass time. It wasn't until I got to the Mark of the Beast chapter, that I realized I was all alone, in a dark hospital ward, with lights off except in the room I was in. Kalani and Riley exploring the mental hospital... Damn, not doing that EVER AGAIN)

Same thing happened to me last week my grandma was having six hour surgery on her shoulder. I was loitering and the lights to the shop behind me shut off. :''0

Adventureless_Hero
Mar 6th, 2012, 07:58 AM
VidjaGamez summed up my thoughts rather well, with the exception being at the end there. I'm am not at all inclined to believe Kalani is still alive, however, Scratch may have collected his body just to be a bastard, thinking she can return it to Michael the way John's body was returned to her.

But yes, I agree with VidjaGamez and most of what Nik is theorizing; Kalani may have contacted the Mallers when arriving at Michael's Tower, then realized that he could possibly use his new allies to take out the Mallers completely. I am assuming he fired the shot that jump started the inevitable war.

My biggest questions center around Hannah and her current state. Is she dead or alive? Here is what keeps me wondering:

1) Girl at the Golf Course This seems to be a popular theory; that Hannah was the red headed girl at the golf course who was taken in place of Lizzie. Of course if this was Hannah she is now worm food on a par 4, and this would certainly lead Kalani to sacrifice himself, both out of vengeance of his deceased daughter and to protect his good friends in the Tower. But I'm not quite sold on this thoery yet because I have no evidence that Kalani was ever told the details of what took place on the golf course. I'll have to go back and listen to chapter 24 very thoroughly. It could be that as little as "they swapped some red headed girl for Lizzie at the golf course." If Kalani heard that I imagine he could assume his Hannah was killed, but we don't have evidence that anyone told him this, yet. It would suck if the Mallers had more than one red headed girl (if Hannah is indeed a red head) and Kalani, assumed his daughter was executed but it just ended up being some random red head. This leads me to the next possibility:

2) Hannah is still Alive Not much has been mentioned about Scratch's comment in chapter 24. Nik mentioned it and forgive me if anyone else did, but anyway Scratch says she would be willing to swap two Tower members in her captive for Pegs. We know Scratch has Lizzie, but the other person in her keep is a mystery. It could be Lizzie's unborn child, Skittles, or Hannah. I'm willing to bet my Batman boxers that it is Hannah. But Kalani's line just before he kamikazes, "that girl...that was my Hannah" really throws me for a loop as it sounds as though he is talking about her as though she were deceased. Which leads me to my last possibility:

3) Hannah is D-E-D, dead When Kalani says, "that girl...that was my Hannah" my gears get turning so much that I can actually grow dizzy contemplating the meaning of this. I sometimes interpret it as though Angel is supposed to know who that girl is. I then think what girl did Angel come into contact with? Did they tell him about the red head who received a field lobotomy? Or could it be some other gal? It is a very slim chance, but I was thinking what if that girl that Riley and Angel tried to save outside the Arena was Hannah. While trying to escape the Arena Kalani may have seen her corpse. It's a very slim chance though since we didn't get any kind of emotional reaction from him at the time so I very, very much doubt this possibility. If Hannah is dead and Kalani knows it, then it would make sense as to why they find him in such a terrible state at the Arena. He could have resolved to let himself die, then settle on vengeance on the Mallers. Also, at some point he may have come to terms with her death and decided he could live on. That would explain his want to get the hell out of the Tower and go to some place else, far away from the Mallers. "That girl...that was my Hannah" could also be Kalani referencing to her in his journal, as if to say, "Hey, that girl you are going to read about, that was my Hannah...my little angel." Or it could be a reference to the red head on the golf course. It is too hard to say.

I am still leaning towards very likely possibility that Pippin is very much involved with the Mallers blackmailing Kalani into being a rat. Hell, Pippin is kind of a skeevey bastard. We may end up hearing a very difficult-to-bear rape scene. :( I really hope not though.

brad1
Mar 6th, 2012, 08:00 AM
ohh god i cant wait for the next part of this chapter ohh god it needs to come out today.. that would be way better....:mad:

brad1
Mar 6th, 2012, 08:07 AM
ohhh god u guys hear the last part of that podcast? ohhhh god i cant believe scratch... scratch as in johns sister.....

Zombiphobe
Mar 6th, 2012, 09:40 AM
I really enjoyed the flashback episode. It reckons back to the beginning and hearing what people did to survive. It would be nice to hear more of these flashback stories, like Victor's. I'm sure he has an interesting story. Didn't Kelly spot a wedding ring tan line?

I also really liked how Kc juxtaposed the two story lines Saul/Victor/Chinwe and Michael/Tanya/Kalani's Journal. Even though the groups are seperated, they are both discovering more about Kalani's history and by extension, the listeners also.

Things seem to be lining up nicely to peg Kalani as the Rat/Shooter. I look forward to hearing more to see what else will be prove to be true and what will be shot to pieces.

Adventureless_Hero
Mar 6th, 2012, 09:47 AM
So, in the next episode I think perhaps we can expect more from Kalani's journal. According to him he was picked up by Sean the day after he crash landed. This could be a lie but I'm going to assume it's true. So he spent a night with the Mallers.

Bulldog711
Mar 6th, 2012, 10:49 AM
The funny thing is I hated most things about Kalani once we got to know him wayyy wayyy back. Now, I love the guy. I now believe that he is the best acted character, maybe close 2nd to Scratch. Being an Englishman I am a lil peeved that Pippen is really English and his accent is supposed to be genuine. His accent stinks and sounds super annoying and I was excited to find out he was faking his accent so he could be a spy. Now he is just a Scumbag.....major scumbag. I am so excited to find out what CJ has to say about the zombies. It appears as though they had tons of time at the tower to study the zombies and had plenty of scout teams who took detailed reports. I wouldnt be surprised if CJ had some reports about our tower. I expect the Bohemoth battle at the water tower will be on there as will the Arena.

I will be really upset to find out that the zombies were created by a voodoo curse..... LAME! With all of the attention to details and logic, so bring in the supernatural would be very un-natural.

Also....is there any relevance to the songs Michael was playing on his guitar...I recognized the songs but wouldnt be able to figure them out.

Well....all for now....this episode was top notch cant wait for more!

Bulldog711
Mar 6th, 2012, 11:08 AM
OK.....I just had an interesting idea;

Something BAD happened to Hannah. I figure Hannah was killed when Kalani and Hannah tried to escape the mallers once they realized it was all male inmates and Kalani tried to get Hannah away from them. So Kalani became infatuated with revenge. So yes, Kalani was the rat....but he wasnt WORKING FOR THE MALLERS....he was working on a way to get back at them. He probably fired the shot during the party. So He got on the radio, lured scratch and co to the tower, and tried to take her out. Pippen got "a sunroof put in his skull" because he had a part to play in Hannah's death. So the grande finale; Kalani flies the chopper into the tanker as his last shot at getting back at the mallers and a way to payback Michael and co for thier hospitality.

Point is, I dont think Kalani changed alligence from mallers to the tower but I think Kalani's motives changed from selfish revenge to the great cause........

Adventureless_Hero
Mar 6th, 2012, 11:34 AM
OK.....I just had an interesting idea;

Something BAD happened to Hannah. I figure Hannah was killed when Kalani and Hannah tried to escape the mallers once they realized it was all male inmates and Kalani tried to get Hannah away from them. So Kalani became infatuated with revenge. So yes, Kalani was the rat....but he wasnt WORKING FOR THE MALLERS....he was working on a way to get back at them. He probably fired the shot during the party. So He got on the radio, lured scratch and co to the tower, and tried to take her out. Pippen got "a sunroof put in his skull" because he had a part to play in Hannah's death. So the grande finale; Kalani flies the chopper into the tanker as his last shot at getting back at the mallers and a way to payback Michael and co for thier hospitality.

Point is, I dont think Kalani changed alligence from mallers to the tower but I think Kalani's motives changed from selfish revenge to the great cause........

?!?!?!?! Are you Dopple-Ganger Adventureless_Hero?!?!?!

lol, I posted the same idea and even used the sun-roof quote. Wtf? LOL!

My post on page 3 (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?2956-Chapter-27-The-Thirty-First-Part-1&p=35323&viewfull=1#post35323)

cupcakezombie
Mar 6th, 2012, 12:55 PM
Oh yeah, not sure if we have discussed the chapter art. Is Ink going to come back or will he be discussed this chapter? Besides the snakes and various other bits and pieces there are a couple of interesting things I thought when I looked at it.
- The blue kind of staining over the hand. Is that because of being a zombie?
- The chemical structure drawing on the wrist and on the pinkie finger. Seems a weird thing to be tattooed on someone's hand without a reason to back it up. If this is ink I am guessing this might give us an insight into his back story.
Can anyone make out anything else of significance?

awkwardalex
Mar 6th, 2012, 01:04 PM
just a side note, anyone think that Pippin was poking a little fun at Kalani's weight @ 14:42

Not important I just kind of found that Pippin was a dick from the get-go

7oddisdead
Mar 6th, 2012, 01:05 PM
Oh yeah, not sure if we have discussed the chapter art. Is Ink going to come back or will he be discussed this chapter? Besides the snakes and various other bits and pieces there are a couple of interesting things I thought when I looked at it.
- The chemical structure drawing on the wrist and on the pinkie finger. Seems a weird thing to be tattooed on someone's hand without a reason to back it up. If this is ink I am guessing this might give us an insight into his back story.

there's a thread started about the tats in the chapter section. Most if it appears to be voodoo based...im hesitant to do my usual over-analysis because who knows if it's actually significant what the "markings" are...

Litmaster
Mar 6th, 2012, 01:08 PM

Yeah, the backstory on Ink is going to be very interesting, especially because CJ is going to be so motivated to get baypack.

Uh, just for clarity's sake, when we all refer to
- Ink
- Pinstripes
-The One With The Markings
- Bill Roberts

We are all talking about the same zombie dude, right? Perhaps you've seen him? Tall, blue, tattooed... snappy dresser... likes howling commands from rooftops??

Devilish Pizza
Mar 6th, 2012, 01:13 PM
I just realized, but the two groups (Saul, Victor, CJ & Fort Irwin peeps) will be hearing different information about Kalani's past. The people at Fort Irwin will be getting nothing but the truth, straight from the horse's mouth. Whereas the other 3 won't have even started reading at this point, as all their info will be from when Shaun picks Kalani up. I'm really interested to see if there will be differing points of information from the two groups.
I would like to see if the groups have different reactions. The fort Irwin group forgiving Kalani, and understanding his choices and actions, whereas Saul and Victor could be angry with him, and throw him some post-mortem hate.
It would be cool if somewhere down the line (when they regroup), they have a little argument, or if they fill each other in on the blanks.

Raven
Mar 6th, 2012, 01:28 PM
And then Saul will fly off the handle in the face of your so called "facts" and "reason" and continue on his merry way leaving Micheal and Victor to trade WAR with Saul stories.

nikvoodoo
Mar 6th, 2012, 02:07 PM
- Ink
- Pinstripes
- Bill Roberts

We are all talking about the same zombie dude, right? Perhaps you've seen him? Tall, blue, tattooed... snappy dresser... likes howling commands from rooftops??

Are you sure about that? Everyone has a different way to describe the Pimp Ass Zombie in their own way....No one has the same description...

7oddisdead
Mar 6th, 2012, 02:13 PM
I am I the only one that speculated that, bill Roberts created himself some doppelgangers? Its a totally silly notion, but so is idea of us using so many different names for one person. People are different...they use different names /ways to describe the same thing. Why would ink/bill/towtm/pinstripes be any different?

IamPaul
Mar 6th, 2012, 02:14 PM
That was a great episode! I like the backstory of Kalani's. And nice to hear Latch's voice again and to a lesser extent Pippin. Some of the stuff Pippin was saying makes me think he knew more than we thought. Especially about the outbreak. Maybe it was just the actors way of saying it, but it was suspicious to me when he was talking about the outbreak spreading over to the states so quickly. Anyways he is dead now so who cares. Maybe we will get more where were they when it happened episodes. I like that stuff.

Adventureless_Hero
Mar 6th, 2012, 02:15 PM
Yeah, the backstory on Ink is going to be very interesting, especially because CJ is going to be so motivated to get baypack.

- Ink
- Pinstripes
- Bill Roberts

Are you sure about that? Everyone has a different way to describe the Pimp Ass Zombie in their own way....No one has the same description...

That and I'm not sure if everyone has come to a general consensus that The One With Markings and Pinstripes/Ink are the same one. It seems likely but its unconfirmed. Remember even Angel and Kalani were demanding that answer from Skittles?

I have this badass mental image of a flesh toned behemoth with all these strange Aboriginal designs imbedded on it's skin as being The One with Markings while Pinstripes/Ink is a tall dude with green eyes and bluish skin, and tattoos.

Jordan531
Mar 6th, 2012, 02:22 PM
This might seem a trivial question, but Saul and Victor found the "directions" to the garden at the tower rubble. Now that we know the garden was CJ's, who at the tower battle would've had those directions?

nikvoodoo
Mar 6th, 2012, 02:26 PM
This might seem a trivial question, but Saul and Victor found the "directions" to the garden at the tower rubble. Now that we know the garden was CJ's, who at the tower battle would've had those directions?

Not uberly trivial. Just may not ever get the answer until the series is over....

It honestly could be anyone since it was a freshly turned Zombie. One of CJ's people (though that is seeming pretty unlikely right now), a Maller, another group, but we know it can't be a Tower member. Saul would have recognized him most likely....

.....then again he also thought "It's Paul" was actually Paul....

cupcakezombie
Mar 6th, 2012, 02:35 PM
Yeah, I agree. It seems likely that they are all one in the same, but we have no nail in that coffin yet

Eviebae
Mar 6th, 2012, 03:16 PM

Here's the link (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?2959-Episode-Artwork-Has-Voodoo-images&p=35381#post35381)
It seems a mix of concepts that are meaningful if you think he's the creator of the plague in some way. So, is he being possessed by a Voodoo Loa, or is he just rambly crazy?...or both?

Blues_127
Mar 6th, 2012, 03:24 PM
An expieriment gone awry. No voodoo, bad science done on degenerates of society. The same thing happens in real life. That's my theory :)

Not convinced Pin stripe is tattoed/blue. Would trained soldiers used to looking for weapons not have noticed his hands? even with his back turned? I live in a bad neighborhood and always check peoples hands.

Nathan.Luiz
Mar 6th, 2012, 03:49 PM
I feel that now it is virtually certain Kalani was the shooter, but unsure on rat. I think Saul and Victor will hear an incomplete story on Kalani as they only have a 3 day period where he was in contact with CJ to hear about, but Michael etc will hear everything from the journal. Speaking of journals, I think we will find out what Tanya found out from reading the journals at some point in this chapter, maybe as the end of chapter cliffhanger, as we are on the subject of journals so it would, in my opinion, be a logical step forward.

Eviebae
Mar 6th, 2012, 03:59 PM
I'm sort of dreading this part of the story because I have a daughter and the inklings I have about what is going to happen tell me it will make me deeply unhappy.

Th3_T3ch
Mar 6th, 2012, 04:26 PM
Win! I even got a very large portion of the details correct! Kalani is most certainly the shooter and can be assumed to be the rat! KC if you mess with my victory I will be very sad. Please tell me there are some Rep points coming my way.

Litmaster
Mar 6th, 2012, 04:37 PM
That and I'm not sure if everyone has come to a general consensus that The One With Markings and Pinstripes/Ink are the same one. It seems likely but its unconfirmed. Remember even Angel and Kalani were demanding that answer from Skittles?

I have this badass mental image of a flesh toned behemoth with all these strange Aboriginal designs imbedded on it's skin as being The One with Markings while Pinstripes/Ink is a tall dude with green eyes and bluish skin, and tattoos.

Oh damn... really? I didn't even realize there had been any debate about it. All this time I've just assumed that this was all the same zombie dude with different names to go by. I mean, how many blue tattooed MFers can there really be walking about LA??!?

They've gotta all be the same guy. And I have a hunch the back -story on Bill Roberts (aka Ink aka Pintripes aka Pimp Daddy Zombie aka Hospital Psych-Ward Arrow-Catching Dude) is closely interlocked with the back story of how the Zombie Outbreak started in the first place... and it may be one of the last things revealed as the story finally comes to a close at Season 4.

abayarts
Mar 6th, 2012, 06:08 PM
Damn. If Chapter 27 part 1 was a Dubstep mix, the story with Kalani is where it drops and the ending is all "wub wub" mix..
Really enjoyed the writing in this episode. :yay:

Sorry, been watching the Boarderland 2 trailer too many times on my Roku. ;)

VidjaGamez
Mar 6th, 2012, 08:56 PM
VidjaGamez summed up my thoughts rather well, with the exception being at the end there. I'm am not at all inclined to believe Kalani is still alive, however, Scratch may have collected his body just to be a bastard, thinking she can return it to Michael the way John's body was returned to her.

But yes, I agree with VidjaGamez and most of what Nik is theorizing; Kalani may have contacted the Mallers when arriving at Michael's Tower, then realized that he could possibly use his new allies to take out the Mallers completely. I am assuming he fired the shot that jump started the inevitable war.

My biggest questions center around Hannah and her current state.

I've never pondered too much on Hannah, and I should. I'm just safely assuming that she was the girl killed when they were trying to make the switch. After realizing this he "made things right" and wrecked the helicopter in order to attempt saving everyone in the tower.

And I know! I know! Kalani still being alive is a reach, I really could care less after we learn everything that episode 27 has to offer. But man would that be interesting. But you're right, I highly doubt the Mallers have the medical personnel needed in order to stabilize and care for a man who has just wrecked a helicopter.

awkwardalex
Mar 6th, 2012, 09:43 PM
Total random little tidbit, but I have an ear for voices and I am pretty sure I heard Hope's voice as they were escaping the plane, do I think that Hope (and by association Samantha) was on the plane w/ them. NOPE, but it's a random tidbit.

Cabbage Patch
Mar 6th, 2012, 10:32 PM
Total random little tidbit, but I have an ear for voices and I am pretty sure I heard Hope's voice as they were escaping the plane...

The actress who plays Hannah sounds an awful lot like Hope. Maybe the same performer is doing double duty.

7oddisdead
Mar 7th, 2012, 01:29 AM
So totally random thought, Michael is typically a bit backwards when it comes to dealing with pegs. But the way he wanted to be left alone playing the guitar kind of gave me an idea, perhaps someone he actually lost is who taught him...like his father or something. Its a small detail, but it could lead to something.

also something of note. It sounds like the other tower gave kalani the same treatment that our tower gave to pippin.(gawd that dudes a scumbag!) could be a good explanation as to why skittles recognised him but not vice versa

Pandora
Mar 7th, 2012, 06:00 AM
My thought is that they knew that Kalani was in the Tower. They had contact with someone because Scratch mentioned that the other person they had in there hadn't been in contact for a while (When talking to Tardust at the end of last season). I am thinking that Kalani was on their side for a while but when they turned and they stopped hearing from him they sent Hannah to the golf course as a kind of 'f%#k you to Kalani. If you don't want to play our game we will just kill your girl. Remember they had no idea the extent to which Kalani had turned (if he was the rat, which I firmly believe he played some part in), or how much he had spilled to the Tower. So as far as they were concerned he was gone, and what a way to let him know.

Kalani wasted NO time at all getting in contact with prisoners. He had been in the Arena with no contact w prisoners for 20+ days(prolly some type of shock as he would be lucid for awhile and then out like a light) He had been at our tower for what ONE day before they were attacked? He was prolly desperate to know that Hannah was alive since he supposedly failed at 1st tower. Kalani was all for the party that lead to War and definitely knew their supplies had been stolen..no where to be seen in the War chapters. I think he took the shot at Mallers when Duria was considering 'being reasonable' I am still making the call he was referred to as 'Poncho' by the prisoners. While on way to golf course he was prolly in touch with them too. Scratch was pretty confident Pegs was in tower and not at golf course...Kalani was prolly hoping trade could be made for Hannah since he knew they were not about to trade out Lizzy.

Pandora
Mar 7th, 2012, 06:02 AM
lol...I thought the exact same thing...but I dont think it is same person. KC doesnt seem like he would take short cuts. If you look at some of his behind the scenes vids he takes NO shortcuts even when he easily could.

Bulldog711
Mar 7th, 2012, 06:17 AM
The sunroof was a nod to you!!!!! @Adventureless_Hero

beezball
Mar 7th, 2012, 06:43 AM
It's a good time to be a Kalani fan. Who knew he would be so pivotal?

Adventureless_Hero
Mar 7th, 2012, 07:04 AM
Still relistening to some old chapters and when you know what we know now, it makes all the Kalani moments all the more intriguing. For instance, I noticed in 15-1 when he comes to the meeting with Burt, he is discussing options for a new location. He says, "...but I was thinking somewhere further to the East might be a bit better..."

He would suggest going East when he knows full well the Mallers are lurking about to the West.

[EDIT/ADDITION]

I'm also coming closer to the conclusion that Hannah is dead. She may have died as early as Kalani's departure from the Mallers, but more likely around the time of The War. I say this because Kalani is very adament about getting the hell out of there. He even mentions the flying option. I very much doubt it that he would be willing to leave everything behind if he knew his daughter were still alive.

[2nd EDIT/ADDITION]

In 16-2 Kalani mentions to Angel that they can use Latch's body as a bargaining chip. After Angel ignores him and reveals the location of Latch's body, Kalani says, "C'mon! Are you ever going to listen to anything I have to say?! You think they wouldn't hold something like this over your head? You better believe they would!" The tone of his voice even suggested that he speaks from personal experience.

Bulldog711
Mar 7th, 2012, 09:05 AM
Do we have any idea how Kalani got to the Arena?

Adventureless_Hero
Mar 7th, 2012, 09:15 AM
Do we have any idea how Kalani got to the Arena?

Supposedly he was pounced on while making an escape down a metal fire-escape from CJ's tower after it had been over run when Pinstripes "popped the floodgate". After a flesh biter pounced on him, he remembers waking up in the Arena and the rest is history. Now this may be a lie, but I don't see why it would be. I believe that Kalani only spent a few days at CJ's Tower before it was over run and that he is telling the truth about being pounced on by a zombie.

Raven
Mar 7th, 2012, 09:27 AM
Being a firm believer in the closer to the truth you are the easier it is We really have no reason to doubt what Kalani said about being brought to the arena and CJ seemed to collaborate with what he said. Samantha also said she was on the run for a few days days before she got caught and that Kalani was there before she was.
Kalani being out of shape as well as not knowing the area well would have been a easy target for zombies hunting for snackums

Eviebae
Mar 7th, 2012, 09:44 AM
[QUOTE=Adventureless_Hero;35472]Still relistening to some old chapters and when you know what we know now, it makes all the Kalani moments all the more intriguing. For instance, I noticed in 15-1 when he comes to the meeting with Burt, he is discussing options for a new location. He says, "...but I was thinking somewhere further to the East might be a bit better..."

He would suggest going East when he knows full well the Mallers are lurking about to the West.

It seems like since West was where Hannah was being held, the only reason Kilani would go East is if he thought Hannah was already dead. Otherwise, he'd have tried to rescue her.

Adventureless_Hero
Mar 7th, 2012, 09:48 AM
[QUOTE=Adventureless_Hero;35472]Still relistening to some old chapters and when you know what we know now, it makes all the Kalani moments all the more intriguing. For instance, I noticed in 15-1 when he comes to the meeting with Burt, he is discussing options for a new location. He says, "...but I was thinking somewhere further to the East might be a bit better..."

It seems like since West was where Hannah was being held, the only reason Kilani would go East is if he thought Hannah was already dead. Otherwise, he'd have tried to rescue her.

Exactly! I totally agree. I am of the belief that Kalani thinks Hannah is dead. Now that doesn't necessarily mean she is, just that he believe she is. Did you get to see the two edit/additions I had on my previous post? I was trying to avoid posting every time I had a new bit of evidence. :S

My continually evolving post. (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?2956-Chapter-27-The-Thirty-First-Part-1&p=35472&viewfull=1#post35472)

Zombiphobe
Mar 7th, 2012, 10:07 AM
Still relistening to some old chapters and when you know what we know now, it makes all the Kalani moments all the more intriguing.

Also, when Angel tells Kalani they are transporting Latch's body back to the Mallers, Kalani quickly says "never heard of him" Clearly he is covering his tracks since we know from his journal now that he was picked up by Latch and Scratch. He's also really quick to turn around and accuse Angel of being the Rat.

Michael is typically a bit backwards when it comes to dealing with pegs. But the way he wanted to be left alone playing the guitar kind of gave me an idea, perhaps someone he actually lost is who taught him...like his father or something.

Interesting, I hadn't thought of that. Here I thought Michael was just being a jerk.

Adventureless_Hero
Mar 7th, 2012, 10:24 AM
Okay, here is another interesting find relating to Kalani.

In 17-3, when Skittles recognizes Kalani, or thinks he recognizes him, I always assumed that was because they might have crossed paths at CJ's Tower. Actually, if you consider that Skittles says he ran away from Angel and Kalani at first because he thought they might be "the bad people", that suggests Skittles had a run in with the Mallers. Could it be that in the brief one day that Kalani was in camp with the Mallers that he bumped into a captive Skittles?

7oddisdead
Mar 7th, 2012, 11:21 AM
Okay, here is another interesting find relating to Kalani.

In 17-3, when Skittles recognizes Kalani, or thinks he recognizes him, I always assumed that was because they might have crossed paths at CJ's Tower. Actually, if you consider that Skittles says he ran away from Angel and Kalani at first because he thought they might be "the bad people", that suggests Skittles had a run in with the Mallers. Could it be that in the brief one day that Kalani was in camp with the Mallers that he bumped into a captive Skittles?

Could be...or perhaps skittles wasn't a captive...dun dun dunnnn
(we have never heard directly that he actually is from the other tower).
Or he could be, and they treated kalani much the same way we did pippin..and they didn't really meet

Sadly this would be a good time for a skittles cameo...if only Bergen wasn't such a busy man.

awkwardalex
Mar 7th, 2012, 12:19 PM
The actress who plays Hannah sounds an awful lot like Hope. Maybe the same performer is doing double duty.

No there was a new female actress credit on the end.

Raven
Mar 7th, 2012, 12:22 PM
Funny Cuz I was thinking can we please exchange the actress who plays Hannah for Hope because I think she did a much better job. But I know that is what a 14ish year old is supposed to sound like...?
"Sombody help me....." Maybe my Greg Miller is showing

awkwardalex
Mar 7th, 2012, 01:06 PM
haha, I love Greg's version of that scene:
"Hope come out here"
"I'm blind jackass!" That may be my new ringtone *ring ring* I'm blind jackass, fuck you.

That being said, I hopped on the forum because I think we should demand that Kevin Flood come visit WND this week!

Random I know, but I want's it.

7oddisdead
Mar 7th, 2012, 03:39 PM
I second that emotion. BUT!...id say wait till the end of the chapter. We have way more to learn me thinks..and it will be a bit more dramatic"then" -vs- now

Zombiphobe
Mar 8th, 2012, 10:03 AM
More thoughts on Michael giving Pegs the brush off:
Back at the party, Pegs told him she liked him and he told her he couldn't really think of that sort of thing when there was so much going on, but perhaps if there were some downtime later ... Well here we are with plenty of downtime waiting to hear from the authorities at Fort Irwin and he just wants to be alone. I know Pegs can be clingy and drove Riley nuts following her around. But come on, you just slept with her and now you're brushing her off?

Michael also seems alot more complacent about his situation. When he got to the Colony, he was very adamant about getting information and was obsessed with getting medical help for his friend Saul. Now he's waiting around to hear back from Corporal Puck and doesn't seem particularly concerned about where Riley is, her condition, or when they could hope to see her again. I don't know if it's because Fort Irwin is military and he's settling into the ranks as it were.

Adventureless_Hero
Mar 8th, 2012, 10:29 AM
Okay...this shit just keeps evolving. More developments on Hannah.

Originally I had suspicions that she was killed before Kalani even made it to Michaels Tower. I am now very certain that wasn't the case. If she was the red-head on the golf course then of course she is dead, but I very much doubt she died before then. In episode 20-3, in that famous scene where Scratch is talking about dropping Pippin off, Tardust asks, "What about the other one?" to which Scratch replies, "We still have her." Her! So at that point in the story line I think we can safely assume Hannah was still alive.

Raven
Mar 8th, 2012, 10:35 AM
Now the obvious question would be did Scratch play switch at the golf course twice? Since if we assume Kalahni is the rat who contacted the mallers would she have had this fake Hannah-fake Lizzie shot as a message to Kalahni to get back in line ? I really like this idea but that is just because I like Scratch and think she is too smart to waste a leverage piece like a guys daughter.

Adventureless_Hero
Mar 8th, 2012, 11:07 AM
Now the obvious question would be did Scratch play switch at the golf course twice? Since if we assume Kalahni is the rat who contacted the mallers would she have had this fake Hannah-fake Lizzie shot as a message to Kalahni to get back in line ? I really like this idea but that is just because I like Scratch and think she is too smart to waste a leverage piece like a guys daughter.

That and we hear her in Chapter 24 say that she has two hostages she can exchange. One would be Lizzie and the other could possibly be Hannah. Kalani may have kamikaze'd too soon. :(

So who will adopt Hannah? Is Datu going to be the father of two orphaned daughters?

Mimi
Mar 8th, 2012, 04:19 PM
This is my theory...

I think latch and scratch were in the plain that kalani, pippin, and hannah were in. While every one is trying to get out of the plain, I think I heard latch talking in the background. Also, when pippin rescues kalani and Hannah, pippin says "look who I found" like as if they would know latch and scratch already.

That's my two cents..

Cabbage Patch
Mar 8th, 2012, 09:10 PM
This is my theory...

I think latch and scratch were in the plain that kalani, pippin, and hannah were in.

That conflicts with things we've already heard, such as Latch being locked up in Eastern Bay Prison at the time of the Outbreak, and Scratch being the one who broke the Mallers out.

pokoey13
Mar 9th, 2012, 05:34 AM
I think that Kalani might have been being forced to work the mallers because they decided hold Hannah hostage. Oh and good thinking about the golf course girl I totally didnt think of that but it definitely has probability.

My questions revolve around Hannah. Is she alive? Folks I talk to seem to be under the impression that the red-head on the golf course was indeed Hannah, but I can't buy into that theory yet. Did anyone tell Kalani about the red-head on the golf course? His whole "...that girl, that was my Hannah" line confuses me. Did he mean that dead girl on the golf course or did he mean that girl you will read about in my journal?

Also, what's going to happen when the group at Ft. Irwin reading Kalani's journal finds out that Lewis wasn't Pippin's shooter. Will group members lose trust in Michael and blame him for Lewis unnecessary death? Craziness.

pokoey13
Mar 9th, 2012, 05:47 AM
OMG your crazy pro I've listened to the whole story about 3 times and I still didn't pick up on that!!

Okay...this shit just keeps evolving. More developments on Hannah.

Originally I had suspicions that she was killed before Kalani even made it to Michaels Tower. I am now very certain that wasn't the case. If she was the red-head on the golf course then of course she is dead, but I very much doubt she died before then. In episode 20-3, in that famous scene where Scratch is talking about dropping Pippin off, Tardust asks, "What about the other one?" to which Scratch replies, "We still have her." Her! So at that point in the story line I think we can safely assume Hannah was still alive.

nikvoodoo
Mar 9th, 2012, 07:09 AM
OMG your crazy pro I've listened to the whole story about 3 times and I still didn't pick up on that!!

I also mentioned earlier in the thread about how there are two people Scratch has and we all assumed it was Lizzy with Child but we should carefully consider it's Hannah and Lizzy.

Raven
Mar 9th, 2012, 07:47 AM
Dangit Nik just once I would like to have a theory that doesn't fall in line with yours or be buried six pages back and on another thread:P
But yes before it hits Voodoo Lounge I agree that Hannah is still alive and Lizzie will somehow make get the pieces to put some stuff together before Saul and Victor even get to where the Mallers currently are stowed away.

nikvoodoo
Mar 9th, 2012, 07:51 AM
Dangit Nik just once I would like to have a theory that doesn't fall in line with yours or be buried six pages back and on another thread:P
But yes before it hits Voodoo Lounge I agree that Hannah is still alive and Lizzie will somehow make get the pieces to put some stuff together before Saul and Victor even get to where the Mallers currently are stowed away.

As I have over 3000 posts....it's hard to find a theory I haven't endorsed at one point or another ;)

Raven
Mar 9th, 2012, 07:55 AM
I must have missed the one where Hope is the mole and only pretending to be blind... /hides

nikvoodoo
Mar 9th, 2012, 08:01 AM
I must have missed the one where Hope is the mole and only pretending to be blind... /hides

I should ammend my previous statement to clarify: I do not endorse 99.9% of the theories contained in the Crackpot thread.

And at one point I tried to post this and I don't know that it ever actually posted...but did anyone else find it amusing to see Kalani in a role reversal? Remember all the annoying questions he was asking Angel and Angel kept telling him to STFU....I found it funny to see him in that same position with Pippin.

7oddisdead
Mar 9th, 2012, 11:34 AM
I should ammend my previous statement to clarify: I do not endorse 99.9% of the theories contained in the Crackpot thread.

And at one point I tried to post this and I don't know that it ever actually posted...but did anyone else find it amusing to see Kalani in a role reversal? Remember all the annoying questions he was asking Angel and Angel kept telling him to STFU....I found it funny to see him in that same position with Pippin.

Firstly, hey! Crackpot has some decent stuff in between all the b.s.!

Second. Yea, kalani as the good guy was quite awesome to hear. Makes me fear just how screwed he's gonna get in the coming sections of this chapter

Pikepaw
Mar 11th, 2012, 09:41 PM
I don't know if I said it before, but I liked hearing Kalani as the pilot. Hearing him in command, in his element was sweet.
Still the prick he always was, but for me it is different when you are a prick and correct.

rottenash
Mar 17th, 2012, 12:49 PM
scratch could also have Lizzy and Skittles

Also is it possible that Scratch may think that the tower and CJ's tower are the same place? Because Kalani hasn't (to thid point anyways) given them a location of Cj's tower. Just a thought.

stat
Oct 10th, 2012, 10:02 PM
micheal is not really into pegs is he? nothing to do, got their own room, hell i'd know what i'd be up to!
You know that's right.

17 year old hannah may be better off dead...
Yeah, I saw 28 Days Later. I know that young girls+men+zombie apocalypse=bad news bears.

Back at the party, Pegs told him she liked him and he told her he couldn't really think of that sort of thing when there was so much going on, but perhaps if there were some downtime later ... Well here we are with plenty of downtime waiting to hear from the authorities at Fort Irwin and he just wants to be alone. I know Pegs can be clingy and drove Riley nuts following her around. But come on, you just slept with her and now you're brushing her off?
For me, the brush off/need for decompression is a lesser sin than asking Pegs to leave in the morning so that no one sees them together. I don't get the impression that Michael means to hurt Pegs. He's being maladroit when he tries to get some time alone. But it seems uncharacteristically cold for him to kick her out of his room.

And this line of thought leads me to my question: why doesn't Michael want people "waking up and seeing...well, you know?" I've formulated a few ideas but I haven't put my finger on the right one.

Idea #1: Michael's straight up ashamed to be with Pegs.
Everyone in the tower knew that they had a thing (even if it wasn't a sleeping together thing.) Kelly knows for a fact that they got it on. Hope and Datu might not know. And I was going to say that Tanya knows for sure but the way that she kept busting into Michael's room when he was with Pegs seems to indicate that she doesn't know, doesn't care or is horrible with social cues.

Idea #2: Michael's ashamed to be with Pegs now that there's a chance of a "normal life."
Maybe Pegs was okay when there were ~30 people but he's hoping for something better now that the dating pool has expanded. He wants to get some on the regular but doesn't want to ruin his chances with other women by hanging out with Pegs.

Idea #3: Michael's unsure about the base and doesn't want Ft. Irwin to know anything about him until he's sure that the Towerfolk won't be used as meat shields against the zombies.
At this point, Michael seems pretty sure that the base is legit. However, he might be stock piling supplies (like the loader) just in case they need to flee.

Idea #4: Pegs is Michael's weak spot and he doesn't want to expose that.
Pegs is Michael's six. He can't watch it at all times. He's thought of every eventuality: the commander of the base uses her as leverage to get him to do something nefarious, Michael pisses off someone and that person takes it out on Pegs, people say shit to Pegs about being kept. Pegs is vulnerable, he doesn't want others to see her in the sense that he wants to keep her protected. He doesn't mean to be overprotective but if he could lock her in a closet until everything was safe, he'd do it. He has no idea how to keep people safe in a zombie apocalypse. So he's trying everything. Including making her do the walk of shame at oh-dark-thirty.

Idea #5: Michael had a conservative/religious/traditional up bringing and feels bad about premarital sex.
Hahahahaha. Well, it's possible but it might even be less likely than #2.

Idea #6: He doesn't want to become Megs. (Where "Megs" is a portmanteau of Michael and Pegs.)
He doesn't want every "hello" to be followed by, "But where's Pegs?"

Ideas #7: Michael is a robot.
Okay. That was a dumb joke and actually still more likely than #5. What I really mean to say is this: Michael cannot describe his emotions or predict how is actions will impact others. This seems unlikely as he is pretty good at planning (IMHO.)

Idea #8: He thinks they're just friends with benefits.
He doesn't want her to get any ideas about them being in any kind of romantic relationship. Because they're totally not. So, she can sleep with him but they're never going to hold hands or kiss in public.

Idea #9: Do you see how terrible these ideas are? Won't you please lift the veil on this one for me? I know that someone must have the answer. (Also, if you need it, I made a transcript of the conversation between Pegs and Michael. Because of reasons.)

At this point, I've officially put more thought into the Michael/Pegs relationship than Michael has. I'm going to do the walk of shame out of this thread now.

Cabbage Patch
Oct 10th, 2012, 11:59 PM
At this point, I've officially put more thought into the Michael/Pegs relationship than Michael has. I'm going to do the walk of shame out of this thread now.

I think you covered all the bases there. Nicely done!

Keithrob
Dec 15th, 2013, 12:14 PM

Speed loader... For loading rounds into a magazine