PDA

View Full Version : Mass Effect 3 - Starting character

Hellbringer
Mar 1st, 2012, 01:13 PM
The release is in a couple of days. Got me thinking about something: What is everyone going to be playing as?

I have two characters I have started from the first Mass Effect and moved through into the 2nd Mass Effect. I got a male paragon soldier and a female renegade engineer. Of course, because I was anticipating running around the galaxy trying to unite various species against the reapers, I couldn't bring myself to killing off the Rachni queen. I figured I'd be trying to recruit the Rachni race to help fight off those crazy squid ships.

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Mar 2nd, 2012, 06:21 AM
The release is in a couple of days. Got me thinking about something: What is everyone going to be playing as?

I have two characters I have started from the first Mass Effect and moved through into the 2nd Mass Effect. I got a male paragon soldier and a female renegade engineer. Of course, because I was anticipating running around the galaxy trying to unite various species against the reapers, I couldn't bring myself to killing off the Rachni queen. I figured I'd be trying to recruit the Rachni race to help fight off those crazy squid ships.

I don't even know what I played as in either games. I know I preferred the skill sets in the first game over the second. I DO know I have my game preordered and i'll be at Gamestop monday..er, Tuesday evening to get my copy!

reaper239
Mar 2nd, 2012, 07:11 AM
skraight up you, i am all about that soldier class. i tried to play as something else, several something elses in fact, but i could never force myself to play past omega station. i'm not about those...

Grognaurd
Mar 2nd, 2012, 10:55 AM
Paragon Soldier Survivor still loyal to whats her name from Mass 1. Ash?

Started another game last night. There has been some downloadable content. Last I did was Kasumi. I should check the notes for Mass 3. Is it input the character from Mass 2 / Mass 1 or is it import a character and all his/her friends and stuff?

Oh yea. I was on Xbox. I do not know if I bought the PC version if an character imput can be laundered through the cerberus account. I forgot about that. I will have to go back to the webpage

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Mar 2nd, 2012, 12:08 PM
paragon.. Yah! That's the ticket!! I blew the relay station up as well. Sure wish I hadn't made Miranda mad. I was looking forward to showing her my... new weapon. I was thinking about starting all over just so I could.

So... is Tuesday night gonna be a WA Mass Effect III game get together then? I'm picking mine up right after work and probably gonna piss the wife off and start playing before I take off my boots!!

reaper239
Mar 2nd, 2012, 12:24 PM
skraight up yo. i did the miranda thing, she loved my captains log HEY-O. i'm thinking of nameing my guy jim. "it's kobayashi for you there's no way you can win, when your weak crew sees me coming they'll be like 'damnit it's... jim' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBzoBgfm55w)" i beat ME 2 on ps3, and now i can't decide what to get me3 for. if i get it on ps3 i can import my old character but if i do it for xbox i can play with the peeps on the site. i so conflicted.

Hellbringer
Mar 2nd, 2012, 03:28 PM
skraight up yo. i did the miranda thing, she loved my captains log HEY-O. i'm thinking of nameing my guy jim. "it's kobayashi for you there's no way you can win, when your weak crew sees me coming they'll be like 'damnit it's... jim' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBzoBgfm55w)" i beat ME 2 on ps3, and now i can't decide what to get me3 for. if i get it on ps3 i can import my old character but if i do it for xbox i can play with the peeps on the site. i so conflicted.

Trust your feeling, young padawan.

I'm fulling expecting to get some benefit for importing my two characters. I did play the multiplayer demo and while it's fine, and it feels like Horde/Firefight. Fun, but not to extent that the single player has been on previous iterations.
I do picture quite a few people on here jumping on multiplayer because it is such a good thing they have crafted there.

AdrianHD
Mar 4th, 2012, 09:39 PM
How in the HELL am I the only Vanguard here? I like to get all up in dat action. STEP IT UP, GUYS! :P (btw I beat Insanity ME2 as a Vanguard, OMG NEVER DO THAT)

Also, we need to make an official ME3 thread without too many different ones. Want to make this one the official one? Spoilers and all?

reaper239
Mar 5th, 2012, 04:21 AM
oh, i thought the multi would be like, co-op campaign or something

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Mar 5th, 2012, 06:32 AM
I'm playing the demo right now and not exactly feeling it. I'm playing as a Vanguard and the powers are "off". The Throw looks like a little blue ball that only knocks down a character. Unlike the first game, when you threw.. you really THREW them. they went tumbling.
Reaper.. I think the game play would be better for you if you just went ahead and got it for your PS3. You'd miss too much by not having an imported character.

We need to find out who actually wants to play and on what console.
Do a mass (hhee.. no pun intended) email with available times, and gametags of those who want to play.

Grognaurd
Mar 5th, 2012, 06:55 AM
Got half way through the game and pretty much all downloadable content over the weekend. Clock is ticking, might not finish Game ME2 number 2 with Character import from ME1.

I have been so leary of spoilers that I pretty much no nothing. I do not even know if the Multiplayer is COP, PvE or PvP.

reaper239
Mar 5th, 2012, 07:13 AM
I'm playing the demo right now and not exactly feeling it. I'm playing as a Vanguard and the powers are "off". The Throw looks like a little blue ball that only knocks down a character. Unlike the first game, when you threw.. you really THREW them. they went tumbling.
Reaper.. I think the game play would be better for you if you just went ahead and got it for your PS3. You'd miss too much by not having an imported character.

Do a mass (hhee.. no pun intended) email with available times, and gametags of those who want to play.

yeah, see if it was co-op campaign, then i'd consider it, but if it's just like horde mode or something then i'm def going ps3

reaper239
Mar 5th, 2012, 07:24 AM
i just googled the me3 multi and i gotta say, it actually looks really cool. the way each battle plays into the overall war, and how it ties into the multiplayer, i'm back in the air. well, i will decide tomorrow.

AdrianHD
Mar 5th, 2012, 09:57 AM

Are you sure it's not just a leveling issue? It might be a bit weak since we're all back on low levels again.

Grognaurd
Mar 7th, 2012, 07:29 AM
Finished ME2 (second playthrough to go with a lvl 30) and Imported to ME3 last night.

ZOMG!~!

I did not realize the Xbox was capable of such awesome graphics in game.

OMW to Mars...

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Mar 7th, 2012, 08:45 AM
Got the game yesterday. Gonna break it in tonight!! Yay!!

Hellbringer
Mar 7th, 2012, 06:49 PM
Ok, I imported my maxed out Soldier from ME2 last night. And ME3 started me off at Level 30. I just hit the Citadel and I got like 35k in credits.

Did anyone else end up with different amounts for their level and money? I'm trying to figure out all that went into the ME2 import file and stuff.

Grognaurd
Mar 8th, 2012, 12:59 PM
Minor Spoilers prior to first Space Jump on the Normandy. Mostly related to Character Transfer

Spoiler Fair Warning...

I think I read that resources are not imported. I do not seem to have access to my cool weapons, but I will have to explore the Normandy some more. The "bonus" power from another class does not transfer. I took a look at navigation in the CIC. Map Locations are not transfered. I do have some on my map. But, most went Poof! That was not what I expected. I wanted to setup the shadowbroker ship as the resistance HQ. Maybe I can later. I do knot know.

Grognaurd
Mar 8th, 2012, 01:02 PM
Got the game yesterday. Gonna break it in tonight!! Yay!!

What do think of the graphics and game play compared to Demo?

Hellbringer
Mar 8th, 2012, 01:58 PM
What do think of the graphics and game play compared to Demo?

I played the demo before I played the game and the graphics look the same to me. No differences that I noticed.

Grognaurd
Mar 9th, 2012, 07:17 AM
So, I tried a bronze match solo. Got my ass kicked. I did not know the maps so I did not even know where they were coming from. I probably have to go to more of an AOE. My thumbs are not as smooth as most of the kids today. When I solo, I go slow and cautious. The multiplayer is also so match faster.

ALso, for some reason, the hard wire from my modem crapped out. I will have to look into that. The wireless works fine with the exception that xbox told me my NAT is moderate and I have to play with the firewalls.

Grognaurd
Mar 10th, 2012, 01:28 PM
Me3 retool

So, I was not all happy with my stats, so I transferred in again. But, before doing so, I wiped all skill points. I entered the game and was able to assign points anywhere I wanted. Skills that had preconditions, like two points in the skill above, etc.

As a soldier I had access to cryogenic rounds without needing inferno. But, I earned the Armor piercing bonus power, so even that was available.

So I loaded up AP and Disrupt to have something great against both armor and shields in the early game.

Grognaurd
Mar 12th, 2012, 06:14 AM
Shepard & Cerberus

Minor Spoilers

Ditto

One thing that I really hated was the creation of the seven trillion dollar man. I do not want to open a thread of speculation. But, if I was him, I would be second guessing a whole lot of things. Like Ash says, I knew the old Shepard.

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Mar 12th, 2012, 10:27 AM
Ok..
First impression:
1. Glitchy. Example. Shepard is talking to Liara with his head turned so his chin is damn near over his left shoulder. Mind you, their having a "Face" to face convo. Other times the transitions to and from cut scenes look crappy. Already I like the 2nd game better. I even have trouble getting my guy to take cover at times.
Lastly.. my game 1&2 shepard didn't transfer. I had to create his face all over again. Didn't come close
2. The weapons:
When you're at any weapons kiosk, you don't have a clue if the weapon you have is better or worse than the one on disply.

3. The weapons table.
WTF is that? Why not just be able to buy the mods and they're instantly on the weapon like in game 1? I didn't even know what the hell it was for until last night and I'm at the save the academy part.
Also, why mod up your weapon if you can just buy a better on if you have the credits? You're running around with a Vindicator 2 with mods when 70k will get you the Vindicator superduper 30??

4. Powers (Vanguard).
Wack! Cool down: too long.
What's the point in transferring from the two pervious games if your powers don't?

5. Graphics are much of an improvement over game 2.

I wonder if I hit on the reporter will it mess up me and Liara? hhah. Can I be a pimp?

So far, I give the game a 3

reaper239
Mar 12th, 2012, 10:40 AM
dude, i am a pimp. i'm running up every skirt in the game. i had no problems transfering in my me2 character. i like the mod system because i can really set up my squad how i want. i use all guys with assault rifles, sniper rifles and shotguns, so being able to jack up the mag count and stabalize the weapon gives me someone who can not just spray, but be accurate too. i can add a scope and rechamber the gun for a larger caliber and have something that can reach out and touch someone like a sniper rifle, but have the rapid fire of an assault rifle. i like it.

Grognaurd
Mar 13th, 2012, 07:08 AM
I also find it glitchy. I will be in one position and a squadmate will push me to were I am not supposed to be and then I cannot move from it. <br />
<br />
I hate that I can hop up or seek cover on that...

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Mar 13th, 2012, 08:05 AM
dude, i am a pimp. i'm running up every skirt in the game. i had no problems transfering in my me2 character. i like the mod system because i can really set up my squad how i want. i use all guys with assault rifles, sniper rifles and shotguns, so being able to jack up the mag count and stabalize the weapon gives me someone who can not just spray, but be accurate too. i can add a scope and rechamber the gun for a larger caliber and have something that can reach out and touch someone like a sniper rifle, but have the rapid fire of an assault rifle. i like it.

Here's what I'm saying man.. just buy the upgrades like in the first game and not have to worry about it? When I mod'd my weapons, It doesn't show you the finished product. It only shows you the last thing added. So if your shotty shows you have 4 modifications available, does it take all four at the same time?

I put an extended barrel on my sniper rifle and added a larger magazine after that, when I added the mag application, the longer barrel went away on the bench.

The other thing I was saying or.. should have said it about the weapons and armor you get with the presale.. Null and void since they aren't special. You can buy better armor and weapons by the time you get to Mars.

Unlike in Dead Island you got the "Ripper" mod and only a few had it and it gave you an instant advantage. Not so with the N7 Armor and the two weapons.

I'd much rather have my Collector death ray available again. I carried that puppy around in game 2 and put it to good use.

Speaking of Pimpage.. Reaper, you're saying you're hitting every skirt in the galaxy with no reaper (ahah)cussions? (that was double pun.)
The mack in me is still pissed I messed up the chance with Miranda in Game 2.

Hellbringer
Mar 13th, 2012, 06:47 PM
That recharge rate is for the Powers option, I think. I'm playing as a Soldier as well, and after a couple of missions, I said to Hell with it and outfitted myself with all the guns. I'm not...

reaper239
Mar 14th, 2012, 05:54 AM
Here's what I'm saying man.. just buy the upgrades like in the first game and not have to worry about it? When I mod'd my weapons, It doesn't show you the finished product. It only shows you the last thing added. So if your shotty shows you have 4 modifications available, does it take all four at the same time?

I put an extended barrel on my sniper rifle and added a larger magazine after that, when I added the mag application, the longer barrel went away on the bench.

The other thing I was saying or.. should have said it about the weapons and armor you get with the presale.. Null and void since they aren't special. You can buy better armor and weapons by the time you get to Mars.

Unlike in Dead Island you got the "Ripper" mod and only a few had it and it gave you an instant advantage. Not so with the N7 Armor and the two weapons.

I'd much rather have my Collector death ray available again. I carried that puppy around in game 2 and put it to good use.

Speaking of Pimpage.. Reaper, you're saying you're hitting every skirt in the galaxy with no reaper (ahah)cussions? (that was double pun.)
The mack in me is still pissed I messed up the chance with Miranda in Game 2.

it wouldn't let me whore myself out in game 2, i had to pick one broad and stick with her, but here i'm telling all the ladies what they want to here and so far, no problems.

reaper239
Mar 14th, 2012, 06:03 AM
see, i don't use a lot of powers anyway, mostly grenades and guns (thank God they took grenades off the cooldown timer and let you carry a reloadable number) so i just carry one of everything and...

Grognaurd
Mar 14th, 2012, 09:15 AM
I thought I heard something about iPad aps and MA 3 and them adding to rediness. I downloaded the free one. I do not even know what it does yet. LOL. I will check it out and report back. If there is not one for Android, there should be one soon. Not nearly as many legacy issues to deal with and social / mobile games are a big push for game developers

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Mar 14th, 2012, 10:26 AM
see, i don't use a lot of powers anyway, mostly grenades and guns (thank God they took grenades off the cooldown timer and let you carry a reloadable number) so i just carry one of everything and take the hit. on the powers i do use the cooldown has been reduced enough that if i wanted to just carry a smg and assault rifle i would perpetually be in slomo. i am falling in love with the multi, lot's of fun. i haven't played in a few days so i'll proly get on tonight.

hahah. well, see, I think I figured something out from your post. I'm like -200 for weight. ROFL! I'm carrying some beasts apparently.

I just found a handgun that shoots frigg'n sticky grenades. I enlongated the barrel and threw a scope on that puppy! Sheeeeetttt, now all I do is use that and my sniper rifle. Running around straight Merc'n cats!
I still have an issue with not knowing WTH what weapons are what. You don't know until you buy or pick it up. Sucks culo! You should be able to see automatically if it's better or worse than what you're carrying or in your inventory.
I wish you could sell or unequip stuff. I still have one weapon slot and can't figure out what would go there since I have a shotty, handgun, SMG, and Rifle. The Plasma gun is considered as an SMG for game... so pfft!

reaper239
Mar 14th, 2012, 10:48 AM
sniper rifle, or assault rifle. you didn't mention one or the other. yeah, that sticky pistol is beast ain't it?i gave all my guys that gun. when you pick up a new weapon you should have an option to go to the loadout screen. once there you can make the comparisons, but you can't switch back if you decide to switch. on the plus side your mods transfer from one gun to the other when you switch.

Grognaurd
Mar 15th, 2012, 08:07 AM
I thought I heard something about iPad aps and MA 3 and them adding to rediness. I downloaded the free one. I do not even know what it does yet. LOL. I will check it out and report back. If there is not one for Android, there should be one soon. Not nearly as many legacy issues to deal with and social / mobile games are a big push for game developers

OK, messed with this a bit yesterday.

It has several parts

1) Is like a TwitterFeed. People send something to MassEffect blah blah and get a reply. So, this is real life people. I do not know if it is with or without spoilers
2) An game email. Like your private terminal. You do a Mish or talk to people and make a choice and later you get a little email that references the choice you made.
3) Codex. A portable codex llike you have in game, but on your mobile
4) A cheezy game. LIke Mafia Wars and other very simple first gen mobile games. You have a map of the galaxy. There are places of interest. You can send a fleet to do something. No further input fromm the player. These mish take time to finish. This AM, I set a fleet to do an action. It will take 8 real life hours to complete, before I can use that fleet again. Rewards are currency used in game to skill-up your fleets as well as 1% or so increase in readiness.

There is probaby more, but I did not look too extensively at it this AM.

It is free, but requires cerberus account to link the game to your account. It is worth it. Send the fleet out while the game is loading on xbox. It is not a high maintenance thing.

There is another game, but it seems to be more hands on action. It is like 6 or 7 bucks.

Grognaurd
Mar 19th, 2012, 07:04 AM
So, I finished my first play through. War rediness only at 50%. I have started second play through and will try to up my war readiness to get a better ending.

I do not like the multiplayer maps. Because, they are multiplayer maps. What I mean is that there are so many different ways to come and go on the maps it is built for PVP. This is a mistake, IMO. A horde PVE assault will not have the life-span of a PVP map no matter how complicated. MY guess they were trying to get to PVP and ran out of available RAM for the engine or just time and money or ambition.

Late in the game, there are some pretty dark urban street maps. Now those would make really good Horde maps.

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Mar 21st, 2012, 11:36 AM
sniper rifle, or assault rifle. you didn't mention one or the other. yeah, that sticky pistol is beast ain't it?i gave all my guys that gun. when you pick up a new weapon you should have an option to go to the loadout screen. once there you can make the comparisons, but you can't switch back if you decide to switch. on the plus side your mods transfer from one gun to the other when you switch.

on the Xbox you either, pick up, equip or leave it on the ground. That's it.
as far as the mods, I'd rather not have the same upgrades for every weapon. My Shotty should have extra damage and recoil reduction, while the assault should have a larger clip and..BUT, the argus shouldn't have the same crap the Vindicator does. Two different.
LOL. what idiot upgrades his AK with the same stuff on his AR??

I keep hearing about the crappy endings.. I may just go back to playing "Borderlands" and wait for them to fix this mess.

reaper239
Mar 21st, 2012, 11:53 AM
rocking that racoon city right now. speaking of which...

AdrianHD
Mar 21st, 2012, 02:38 PM
Completed all on disc achievements. Mass Effect 3 Insanity is soooo much easier than Mass Effect 2's Insanity. Probably because of the extra 30 levels you can upgrade.

So, I finished my first play through. War rediness only at 50%. I have started second play through and will try to up my war readiness to get a better ending.

I do not like the multiplayer maps. Because, they are multiplayer maps. What I mean is that there are so many different ways to come and go on the maps it is built for PVP. This is a mistake, IMO. A horde PVE assault will not have the life-span of a PVP map no matter how complicated. MY guess they were trying to get to PVP and ran out of available RAM for the engine or just time and money or ambition.

Late in the game, there are some pretty dark urban street maps. Now those would make really good Horde maps.
Really? I like pretty much all of the maps. I don't groan or any particular one. I complain about the massive amounts of glitches as opposed to map design.

Hellbringer
Mar 21st, 2012, 07:27 PM
I heard about the bad endings, but I also saw there's like 16 of them. Are all the endings bad? I'm probably about 2-3 hours away from finishing and I am playing in off-line mode because I cannot connect my Xbox to the internet at the hotel right now. Guess I keep a special save file for when I get back on Xbox Live and see if they have updated this ending business.

I'm still having a blast getting through the story, though.

AdrianHD
Mar 22nd, 2012, 02:52 AM
If you or anyone else has doubts about the ending, watch this and be happy.

MAJOR SPOILERS, OBVIOUSLY. DO NOT WATCH UNLESS YOU WANT IT SPOILED.
http://youtu.be/ythY_GkEBck

Raven
Mar 22nd, 2012, 04:42 AM
Still haven't picked it up buttttt this came out yesterday and my twitter kinda 'sploded. Here's hoping
http://blog.bioware.com/2012/03/21/4108/

Grognaurd
Mar 22nd, 2012, 06:11 AM
Most likely, there are a spectrum of endings. The one I got was not horrible, but could be better and I only had about 50% readiness, so ther is likely to be a better one. However, with my ending, it rolled me back. In Mass Effect 2, it would be like going through the Omega Relay, finishing the game and then being rebooted to before the crew is taken so you can do Dowloadable content or mission which were skipped.

One thing I REALLY hated was one of the sub-bosses.

I see this dude trying to look all bad ass. I just shake my head. What the hell! did they really write this for 15 yearolds? This cat looks as if he stepped off the pages of some cheap-ass japanese movie / comic book. It would be hard for them to make it more cliche if they tried. Then, the final confrontation gets even worse! The dude runs his moth in typical bad guy monolog. Runs, Jump, growls in a fake kia (spelling) and puts his fist through the floor and halts expecting me to be intimidated. If it was in game rather than a cinematic, I and my team would have "Pulp Fictioned" his ass. So, I kill him. Upon doing so, it again goes to a cinematic and my team and I walk away singing the smurf song no longer paying any attention to the most dangerous threat encountered in the game so far. You guessed it. He pulls a Jason (or, insert whatever the current back from the dead again agiain badguy)

Games and movies etc can do somethings so well and then pull this crap. Here is a hint, if it is cliche' it is not dramatic. I would like it to be fresh or admit the cliche' with parody. In the incredibles, the retired superheroes talking about the bad guy having them and then starts talking and the heores regain the upper hand or the hitch-hicker in Zombieland gets into "woody's" truck and glances over his shoulder. Great inside jokes.

AdrianHD
Mar 22nd, 2012, 02:48 PM
DUDE! That was quite possibly my favorite cinematic in that game! C'mon! I loved that! :D

The ending isn't as "epic" as Mass Effect 2. But let it sizzle and think about it, a lot. You'll love it.

Grognaurd
Mar 23rd, 2012, 04:28 AM
Too each their own. They did what they wanted to do very well. But to me that whole japanimation is much more about looking cool rather than getting something done. Japan was a very closed culture. They spent 1000s of years without actually accomplishing much of anything talking about how superior they were.

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Mar 28th, 2012, 06:13 AM
I've started playing the multiplayer levels and having a little fun, but the weapons i'm stuck with SSSSSUUUUUUUCCCCKKKK!!!
Now, I could f'n pay some real cash to up my Xbox points to buy the latest and greatest stuff (so tempted to) or I can keep playing with a lvl 2 shotgun and machine gun, keep dying and slowly gain 50k points (i think that's the amount) to buy the special package.
Anyway, my war readiness is about 65 or so.
So, I have my arc pistol. Pretty damn cool. Too bad I can't... wait, can I??? Can I wield two diff pistols at the same time? Can I possibly have my sticky grenade AND the Arc pistol at the same time?? Dual wield?? Anyone? Hellooooo.. is this thing on?

Hellbringer
Mar 28th, 2012, 08:33 AM
No dual wielding in ME3. If i wasn`t stuck in a hotel for the next five weeks, i would join one of your games to help out. I have a lot of fun playing multiplayer and was able to promote two of my characters to the single player, which helps with that effective military strength.

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Mar 29th, 2012, 09:47 AM
I played for a few hours yesterday and decided to use my 240 microsoft/Xbox bucks to get some good weapons. NOT! I tried the "Special" pack and got the crappy "Disciple" shotgun. Later I decided to buy the recruit package and got the "Graal Striker" which is slow as fugg, but deals death with one shot.
So, needless to say, I was and still am PIIIIIISSSEEED that I actually wasted real money (could have used it on Vudo movie) and got a better weapon with the frigg'n credits accrued from simply playing the game.

I do have part of my war map at 100%, which helps my readiness a LOT!
Since I'm stuck on the campaign part with Shep trying to kill the Reaper with the orbital laser (keep dying), I've decided to step up my multiplayer game.

Grognaurd
Mar 30th, 2012, 12:38 PM
Strategy Spoiler

I run side to side and watch the Beam, after it tracks a bit, it fouls and goes up above you, I run under the beam and light up the reaper. I also did not always paint the target to completion. Pull the trigger to start the targeting and if you see the red beam again, start running. After the reaper beam is out of the way, Light it up again. Since you have already started the targeting, the second painting will be much shorter

AdrianHD
Mar 30th, 2012, 12:48 PM
I played for a few hours yesterday and decided to use my 240 microsoft/Xbox bucks to get some good weapons. NOT! I tried the "Special" pack and got the crappy "Disciple" shotgun. Later I decided to buy the recruit package and got the "Graal Striker" which is slow as fugg, but deals death with one shot.
So, needless to say, I was and still am PIIIIIISSSEEED that I actually wasted real money (could have used it on Vudo movie) and got a better weapon with the frigg'n credits accrued from simply playing the game.

I do have part of my war map at 100%, which helps my readiness a LOT!
Since I'm stuck on the campaign part with Shep trying to kill the Reaper with the orbital laser (keep dying), I've decided to step up my multiplayer game.

Never spend money on those micro-transactions, man. I could've told you that. Just get a group of friends and play a Silver challenge. You'll get about 30,000 credits if you complete it.

Also, some different advice for that part. Strafe the opposite way that you want to run and when the beam starts shooting roll the opposite direction. The beam tracks which way you're headed so you have to psych it out. You can continue painting the Reaper as you roll out of the way.

Hellbringer
Mar 30th, 2012, 08:04 PM
Strategy Spoiler

I run side to side and watch the Beam, after it tracks a bit, it fouls and goes up above you, I run under the beam and light up the reaper. I also did not always paint the target to completion. Pull the trigger to start the targeting and if you see the red beam again, start running. After the reaper beam is out of the way, Light it up again. Since you have already started the targeting, the second painting will be much shorter

That was the hardest part for me while playing on Insanity level because the beam loved tracking me in addition to the fact that after the 2nd or 3rd shot, the reaper would start shooting as soon as I started up my targeting laser.
Pissed me off big time, but I stayed the course and finished on Insanity.

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Apr 9th, 2012, 08:19 AM
I haven't gone back to the campaign since I'm kinda hooked on Mulit player now. I started a couple new characters and the weapons have started to get better... kinda. Phaeston AR has crappy damage,...

Grognaurd
Apr 10th, 2012, 05:19 AM
I have completed the solo campaign 4 times. I have every weapon at "X", every addon at "V", every suit and each piece of armor.

Not sure if I should try insanity as is, or go hard core. No roll backs to a save. Die, restart.

I think there is new Multi-player content today. New races, weapons, maps etc.

Hellbringer
Apr 10th, 2012, 08:28 AM
I have completed the solo campaign 4 times. I have every weapon at "X", every addon at "V", every suit and each piece of armor.

Not sure if I should try insanity as is, or go hard core. No roll backs to a save. Die, restart.

I think there is new Multi-player content today. New races, weapons, maps etc.

I did Insanity from the onset (achievement hound), and the if your weapons are already at X and V then you'll do fine. The biggest thing you need is patience. I'm tempted to go through again with my character in order to buy the other two Spectre weapons I didn't purchase. Once I bought that sniper rifle, that's all I pretty much used, although I carried a weapon in every slot as a Soldier... just in case.

I'll be so glad to be back home and play online again. This hotel internet and xbox blocking is kind of killing me.

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Apr 10th, 2012, 11:32 AM
Proof that they most def upped the settings for the weekend...
just knocked off 3 rounds in Silver with minor issues with a random team, where I could barely make it to round 5 (Period) this past weekend.
Got a Krogan unlocked and he already had crazy points to put towards powers. He's all but maxed out without playing a round. 4 empty slots is all that's left. Gonna give him a try today.

Flame_Alchemist44
Apr 17th, 2012, 08:19 AM

Just thought I'd say that my two playthroughs are exactly the same. Of course who didn't play as a soldier at some point?

Flame_Alchemist44
Apr 17th, 2012, 08:22 AM
Anyone else create a Wrex style Krogan Battlemaster when they released the new vanguard class character?

Hellbringer
Apr 17th, 2012, 12:51 PM
Anyone else create a Wrex style Krogan Battlemaster when they released the new vanguard class character?

I still have a file that is a renegade engineer, but I can't access it until I get back home in May. I COULD start a whole new game and play as that, but my save file from ME2 would bring things around better, from what I gathered in other forums.

I have thought about trying as a vanguard, but I'll probably leave that to the multiplayer aspect of the game.

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Apr 18th, 2012, 06:28 AM
I've fallen in love with the human engineer and gave up on using my Vanguard. My Turian soldier is my second fav. I'm trying to figure out. Gonna work on my 3rd guy this weekend.
I'm also looking for some cats to run the 45K glitch with me so we can uncover more...better weapons.

Hellbringer
May 3rd, 2012, 09:56 AM
So I hook up my xbox to the internet last night after being disconnected for over a month. And guess what? My stats for the Veteran Achievement reset back to zero. I was at over 4600 and wanted to hit 5000 kills this weekend while playing multiplayer. I shot EA an email about the situation and they sent me two solutions. Neither worked, so I let them know. I am currently awaiting another response from EA about the whole ordeal, but right now, I'm expecting that I'll have to build up my total kill count from scratch.

Not thrilled about this at all. Especially since it's the last achievement I need, and I really wanted to do it this weekend.

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
May 8th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Still haven't gone back to single player. I was just surprised with the "Indra (sp?)" sniper rifle. Not much of a sniper rifle, but more of an assault rifle with a hella good scope. Joint has f'n sick muzzle climb though. Stupid for a "sniper" rifle. Anyway, it's fun to use. LOL.
Got my Krogan Battlemaster the other day. I'm not really a melee dude, but it's started to get fun backhanding badguys in the grill, but I'll add that using the Bataarian and punching heads off is way more fun!
Sure are a lot of dickheads/professional gamers on there. I laughed at one kid for an entire game after he mouthed off about his character level being higher than mine, hence, he couldn't be told anything.... he was pretty pissed 20 min into the game (because i was still having trouble breathing). Guess he wasn't too smart that he didn't mute his mic. I did revive him the times he died though.
...cause i'm cool like that.....

Hellbringer
May 10th, 2012, 11:27 AM
Got an email from EA and it definitely sounds like my previous kill count is lost forever. 'Sorry for the inconvenience' type email, without saying the company was sorry.

Anyway, I'm at 1900 kills. I always promote my team when I hit level 20, but when I do, I notice my kill count goes down. While that hurts my time to get that very last achievement, I have too much fun playing multiplayer to let that get to me. Besides, after a couple of level promotions, I get back into my kill-groove. Kind of like Chumbawomba... "I get knocked down, but I get up again."

I have that Revenant rifle, but I much prefer my Geth rifle couple with that Graal Spike Thrower shotgun when I play as a Soldier class. Damn the powers, it's all about the weapons with that guy! But I still like my little Disciple Shotgun for the other classes.

Hellbringer
May 20th, 2012, 06:22 PM
FINALLY unlocked that 5000 kills, without EA's help. That was a lot of multiplayer, but I feel well rounded playing all the classes and promoting them a couple of times. If anyone needs help or what not, I'll play with you; just shoot an invite or something.

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
May 29th, 2012, 06:21 AM
New maps, weapons and characters out today.

Hellbringer
May 29th, 2012, 06:39 AM
New maps, weapons and characters out today.

Damn you, Bioware. I'm still Ghost Recon'ing like a Future Soldier.

I haven't heard how much this one will cost. As much as I like the multiplayer, I really prefer DLC that would be single-player (read: expand the story like in ME2).