PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Chapter so far?

IamPaul
Feb 21st, 2012, 07:29 AM
So it has been 2 seasons and change so far. What is your favorite full chapter? Mine would have Chapter 1, because I love beginnings. But I love chapter 3 because it is the first major attack. Plus it is the debut of Burt. I love alot of chapters, but the beginning of the series has always been my favorite.

minty
Mar 2nd, 2012, 09:05 AM
chapter 24 ftw, so dark and it is a new era for everyone!

Sushin
May 31st, 2012, 12:51 PM
Scratch is one of the coolest villains I've ever seen.
She just has an awesome way of talking, and she scares all the men she's around. It's awesome.

Osiris
May 31st, 2012, 04:27 PM
Scratch is one of the coolest villains I've ever seen.
She just has an awesome way of talking, and she scares all the men she's around. It's awesome.

:love:

ClearSights
May 31st, 2012, 06:00 PM
Thats a tough one. Gona have to think about it. But i'm saying the Hospital chapters (Forget number) just because it was creepy and we found out stuff about the zombies

Kram
May 31st, 2012, 08:53 PM
Chapter 19 is definitely a candidate. We got to know Victor a lot better (he's one of my favourite characters), as well as Tanya and Hope. Kelly is also really great -- in this chapter, and the rest of the MPK expedition, she becomes another one of my favourites. I love the suspense leading up to the Tower group's escape -- Part 3 may have been the tensest episode for me, on first listen.

Also: shovel!

gh0va
May 31st, 2012, 10:49 PM
Thats a tough one. Gona have to think about it. But i'm saying the Hospital chapters (Forget number) just because it was creepy and we found out stuff about the zombies

I'm with you man. Awesome.

VEE
Jun 1st, 2012, 12:51 AM
The Arena was great, and got better when I listened again knowing what I now know.

Z Sniper
Jun 1st, 2012, 02:23 AM
Thanks KRAM, much appreciated!!!

wh33t
Jun 1st, 2012, 11:53 AM
The first chapter is really good. One of my favourites for sure. It definitely reeled me into the whole series.

I think my favourite chapter is probably the one where they test out the sweat jars. I like it because I'm a geek and a bit of Scientist... I could see myself coming up with some kind of test like that once I knew I was secured inside of a building.

Robzombie
Jun 2nd, 2012, 07:17 PM
I really like the very first episode. I love going through the whole transition from normal life, which I wish we could have seen just a bit longer, to the holy crap wtf is this crazyness going on, aahhhhh!! Many other episodes are awesome but I think thats my favourite.

YoungBlood
Jun 7th, 2012, 09:41 PM
My favorite chapter is chapter 30 because it's takes place on November 27 which is my birthday jk but I realy like all of season 1.

scbubba
Nov 27th, 2012, 02:40 PM
I would say that my favorite is a toss up between Chapter 23 and 27 (with 23 getting a slight edge for the hospital discoveries). Chapters 33 and 35 are gaining on them quickly though as I've been running through Season 3 again....

IamPaul
Nov 29th, 2012, 02:44 PM
Season 3 has been a consistant back to back great chapters season. Not a single weak one.

fridginators
Nov 29th, 2012, 03:45 PM
Hmm, I don't think anyone could have a particular favourite overall, but some of my highlights and biases:

Chapter 23 - if anything, this is my favourite. I love how it begins and ends (Angel's "HI GUYS" is the fucking funniest thing on this entire show), Burt's narration is amazing, it's quite a heart clenching chapter particularly with Angel and Riley's relationship and the sacrifice that he and Burt are willing to make, not to mention the sheer creepiness when Kalani and Riley encounter Pinstripes (AND WHY DOES HE LEAVE THEM?), and then the C4... just the classic We're Alive chapter imo, and the last one of that kind really, as the Tower would fall in the next episode.

Chapter 24 is similarly amazing. Interactions between Tardust and Scratch, Kalani's sacrifice, the epic nature of the Chopper coming in, all that good shit.

I'm not a fan of Purgatory, Chapter 11, but the third episode of it is just amazing, when Angel and Riley (you may be able to tell I love those two) are saving Datu, and then Michael and shit show up, absolutely sick.

Chapter 27 deserves a special mention because Kalani's backstory is excellent listening - not only his but CJ's recollections as well just open up so much about We're Alive and all these secondary characters; Randy, Sean and of course, Skittles.

I would also throw out that I absolutely love the end-game chaos that is Chapters 20-24. Just everything going on everywhere, full throttle all the way. But honestly, this show is just amazing, it's all so great. The second half of Season 3 has been similar - particularly 33-35. I absolutely love the episode with Carl and Robbins killing Inkling, 33-2.

I don't love Chapter 19 quite as much as everyone else does, but it is a great chapter too. The shoveling of Bixby is perhaps the finest moment of We're Alive.

Deacon_Tyler
Nov 29th, 2012, 09:24 PM
Yeah I'm going to have to say Chapter 1. The first time I listened to WA, I thought it was going to be cheesy, but I gave the first chapter a second listen the next day and it was the first time an audio reading actually made me feel as though I was completely immersed in the story. I could see the locations, the times of day, etc. WA is by and far the finest audio story (including books and dramas in this) that I have ever had the pleasure of listening to.

Witch_Doctor
Nov 30th, 2012, 01:20 AM
Chapter One. That's when I was hooked.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Nov 30th, 2012, 02:12 AM
Chapter One. That's when I was hooked.

Yeah, me too. It is funny, my birthday presents (28th of November) included the first two seasons of The Walking Dead on Digital Versatile Disc (sounds more sophisticated, does it not) and it is interesting how many different ways there are to tell a zombicalypse.

Litmaster
Nov 30th, 2012, 02:42 AM
Probably Chapter 12 & 13... the whole thing with the War and defending the tower is just action packed and fun listening.

scbubba
Nov 30th, 2012, 05:43 AM
Probably Chapter 12 & 13... the whole thing with the War and defending the tower is just action packed and fun listening.

Those are definitely good ones. I'm making my way back through Season 1 right now (gonna listen to Season 2 again this weekend and Season 3 in the beginning of next week before the live show) and Chapter 12 is queued up for my drive home today. I'm probably more excited to listen to again each time than I was the first time since I know just how cool it is now....

Footbutt
Dec 6th, 2013, 07:28 AM
mine would be a toss-up between the Season 2 opener or "The Devil's Workshop".
there's something about the dynamic of Burt, Riley, and Angel (and Kalani in the first one) that makes for great scenes.
both chapters end with the 3 (or 4) victorious after engaging in fast-paced action, death-defying heroism, and lotsa zombies dying.