PDA

View Full Version : We're Alive Nominated for BEST Audio Drama at the Audies!!!

Kc
Feb 20th, 2012, 11:14 AM
http://www.audiopub.org/images/audiesgala10/apawinnerscircle1_16.jpg
We're Alive Season 1 has been nominated for Best Audio Drama at the Audies!!!
For those of you who don't know, The Audies are like the Academy Awards for audio publishing!

There are Five nominations in the category:

AUDIO DRAMA

The Arthur Miller Collection, by Arthur Miller, Narrated by Stacy Keach, Richard Dreyfuss, Ed
O’Neill, Brian Cox and a full cast, L.A. Theatre Works

The Graduate, adapted for the stage by Terry Johnson, based on the novel by Charles Webb and
the screenplay by Calder Willingham and Buck Henry, Narrated by Bruce Davidson, John Getz,
Jamison Jones, Devon Sorvari, Linda Purl, Matthew Rhys and Kathleen Turner, L.A. Theatre
Works

I, Claudius, by Robert Graves, Narrated by Derek Jacobi, Tim McInnerny, Harriet Walter,
AudioGO/BBC Audio

The Mark of Zorro, by Johnston McCulley and Yuri Rasovsky, Narrated by Val Kilmer and a full
cast, Blackstone Audio

We’re Alive, by Kc Wayland, Narrated by a full cast, Blackstone Audio

For Full press release:
http://www.audiopub.org/press/2012 Audies Finalists press release.pdf (http://www.audiopub.org/press/2012%20Audies%20Finalists%20press%20release.pdf)

The awards are held on 5 June 2012 in New York. I'll start planning/saving for the trip so I can go.

Oh hey, look at that! I might get to meet Tina Fey!

Solanine
Feb 20th, 2012, 11:16 AM
Scoop!

Britt
Feb 20th, 2012, 11:28 AM
This is so unbelievably awesome.

Hey, you guys need a bag girl? Someone to haul around your stuff? Cuz, like, HI.

;) Seriously though, major congrats.

nikvoodoo
Feb 20th, 2012, 11:40 AM
Kick ass dude! Drop me a line when you're in town!

Kc
Feb 20th, 2012, 11:41 AM
I will. I was just thinking about that. I get to meet Voodoo! And invite myself into his home... And crash on his couch... And eat his food... But seriously, we have to meet up! It's been a while since I've been to New York, will be fun!

itsallgoodie
Feb 20th, 2012, 11:49 AM
This is great and now that Im on a laptop I can say it much easier. Congrats KC we all know how much hard work you put in and I'm sure everyone on the site would agree that you deserve more recognition for it! How do we vote or whatever? Or is it like judged by judges? I am twelve and how does this work?

Kc
Feb 20th, 2012, 11:52 AM
This is great and now that Im on a laptop I can say it much easier. Congrats KC we all know how much hard work you put in and I'm sure everyone on the site would agree that you deserve more recognition for it! How do we vote or whatever? Or is it like judged by judges? I am twelve and how does this work?

It's like the academy awards... they have judges and a panel.

itsallgoodie
Feb 20th, 2012, 11:54 AM
I think thats much better because although we have a large following its hard to organize people for the shortys...much better being judged I think.

nikvoodoo
Feb 20th, 2012, 11:59 AM
I will. I was just thinking about that. I get to meet Voodoo! And invite myself into his home... And crash on his couch... And eat his food... But seriously, we have to meet up! It's been a while since I've been to New York, will be fun!

I'll run it by the Mrs. Voodoo......but it's those cats you'd have to worry about......

......and the screaming baby (soon to be)........

Hellbringer
Feb 20th, 2012, 12:07 PM
The Arthur Miller Collection, by Arthur Miller, Narrated by Stacy Keach, Richard Dreyfuss, Ed

Holy Cow, you might to meet these folks as well?!? You're going up against a bigot father, a music teacher, a shoe salesman who dreams of his high school football days, and state trooper. I think you got them beat. Even Iceman can't compete.

I hope you guys win, KC!!!

abayarts
Feb 20th, 2012, 12:53 PM
Congrats. Very exciting time. :)

StepLaugh
Feb 20th, 2012, 02:30 PM
This is awesome news!

Is there any way we could help seal the deal on this award?

Also this is a nice sticker you can put on the box :p

AdrianHD
Feb 20th, 2012, 02:55 PM
Congrats! This is awesome! Fingers crossed We're Alive takes home the win!

Kc
Feb 20th, 2012, 02:59 PM
Is there any way we could help seal the deal on this award?

Not Really, but RT's and comments help :)

Nick_89
Feb 20th, 2012, 07:19 PM
Congrats! That's really cool

Phayz
Feb 20th, 2012, 07:50 PM
Awesome!! Well deserved :] It's gotta feel good to get this recognition. Truly hope you guys win.

clem131
Feb 21st, 2012, 12:13 AM
That's great news! Hopefully this will also make WA known to more people!

7oddisdead
Feb 21st, 2012, 12:51 AM

Holy Cow, you might to meet these folks as well?!? You're going up against a bigot father, a music teacher, a shoe salesman who dreams of his high school football days, and state trooper. I think you got them beat. Even Iceman can't compete.

/\this...some really big names in this. (more BIG names in the audiobook catagories) just being nominated among people like this really speaks to what you've accomplished...best of luck

Kc
Feb 21st, 2012, 08:41 AM

Maybe! But not Arthur Miller. He's dead.

Hellbringer
Feb 21st, 2012, 08:31 PM
Maybe! But not Arthur Miller. He's dead.

touche. and you just made me laugh so hard I almost woke up one of my kids.

muraii
Apr 18th, 2012, 08:16 AM
Well, let me just repeat what others are saying: it's a well-deserved nomination. While you're standing on the shoulders of giants, you've taken an opportunity to make something really special. I think We're Alive could easily have fallen apart, could have rested on tropes without pulling out their foundations and renewing them, but it hasn't. The We're Alive team does so many things well I'm afraid someone's going to bring you money and break it. We've seen it happen.

Without the nuanced, well-paced writing, your actors wouldn't have much to work with. Without the actors' gifts for executing the subtlety, and not just the big drama but even conversational ticks and rhythm, the writing wouldn't shine. And without the sound design and foley work, the immersion would be thinner, the tension would be weaker.

I started We're Alive last week, Wednesday maybe. I'm now waiting for Chapter 28 Part 3.

Litmaster
Jun 6th, 2012, 02:23 PM
Dammit.... first we get hosed at the PARSEC awards, and now again by the Audies!

The stupid bastards don't even know the difference between an 'Audio Drama' and a 'Full-Cast Dramatization' of an audio book.

These people wouldn't know good audio drama if it licked them up and down...

nikvoodoo
Jun 6th, 2012, 04:03 PM
These people wouldn't know good audio drama if it licked them up and down...

Maybe not, but I bet you would get their attention.

ClearSights
Jun 6th, 2012, 06:45 PM
Who won the best audio drama?

nikvoodoo
Jun 6th, 2012, 06:49 PM
Who won the best audio drama?
Claudius by the BBC (http://www.amazon.com/Claudius-Full-Cast-BBC-Radio-Drama/dp/1408427559)

Robzombie
Jun 7th, 2012, 10:13 AM
I was wondering what happened, thanks for the update. What a piss off though, I was really wanting them to get it.

Although I am somewhat ticked off with We're Alive as it's pretty much ruined the potential for me to enjoy any other podcast or audio drama that I've found. Nothing has yet compared to the professionalism and exceptional quality of this podcast that very much deserves many accolades and much praise, and I'm happy that this is the one and only podcast I've come to enjoy over such a long time.

Being nominated in the first place hopefully should be a big honour in itself and I'm sure that if it were up to us fans they deffinatley would have won it, but let it be known to KC and the gang that they are #1 to us and have given us something that we all enjoy very much. KC and company, thank you.