PDA

View Full Version : We're Not Dead #29

nikvoodoo
Feb 18th, 2012, 06:24 PM
So it's out there! Enjoy!!

beezball
Feb 19th, 2012, 05:45 AM
So it's out there! Enjoy!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=n6MzQ7kpU8o#!

Enjoy it!

Pikepaw
Feb 21st, 2012, 07:57 AM
First off, I know the Canadian jokes was just a show of love. I love it
Canadians can pronounce Chinwe BTW, we're on that.
King Datu's first confirmed zombie kill was in Chapter 10 when he pulverized that zombie's head with the chair leg after Samantha was taken. It was so brutal Angel commented on the condition of the corpse.

Fun part, every time Brit asked Brad what he thought I would perk up more or start to respond since his name is my name too. Intransit74 is cool, we can share our name

Adventureless_Hero
Feb 21st, 2012, 07:59 AM
Another great episode!

I agree with Comrade Narf, Buffalo Wings rule. In response to his question, "Who will eat it when Saul makes a brash move to save Lizzy," I want to say that Bricks will. I feel he is going to be one of those characters who is misguided and actually has a heart of gold. In time we'll see that he actually treats Lizzy quite well and will become a lovable character. Then when Saul is going to rescue her, he puts a bit of lead between Bricks eyes. It will be sad as fuck all and will create tension between Saul and Lizzy. That or Saul's brash move will end up getting Lizzie killed in which case he will then pointlessly sacrifice himself, very much like Nik feels. But Bricks is my first choice.

Nik's abrupt sign off could only be attributed to one thing: Skyward Sword beckoned!

I'm just going to say you three did a great job. I don't know how else to compliment you all since each show has been rock ass. So rather than risk sounding like a suck I'm just going to say, good job, again. I liked the length of the show, it was nice and meaty, lots of girth. Kudos.

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3199/2911821213_de39c08d4b.jpg

Adventureless_Hero
Feb 21st, 2012, 02:08 PM
Okay, seriously, how come hardly anybody posts in regards to We're Not Dead?! Is nobody listening anymore? What the eff scott fitzgerald?!

One suggestion I would make that would possibly draw more folks to the "after thoughts" of the show could be that you try to get another cast member to interview? I personally would greatly enjoy hearing you interview Nate Geez or Otto Sturcke. Although I think Blair Byhower is owed an episode considering how she was totally ignored the last time she was on. What sayeth you?

Nathan.Luiz
Feb 21st, 2012, 02:14 PM
I think a lot of people (like me) listen but don't comment on it. Also, I listened before I came onto the forums as it told me all the theories being brought up on here, so this may be a significant chunk of the audience.

This week I have something to comment on though. My admittedly crap theory got mentioned on WND! Woo!

nikvoodoo
Feb 21st, 2012, 02:15 PM
First off, I know the Canadian jokes was just a show of love. I love it
Canadians can pronounce Chinwe BTW, we're on that.
King Datu's first confirmed zombie kill was in Chapter 10 when he pulverized that zombie's head with the chair leg after Samantha was taken. It was so brutal Angel commented on the condition of the corpse.

True, though I think the unwritten aspect of what we were talking about was shooting one. Though I will readily admit beating one to death with a chair leg skipped my memory at the time we were recording.

Nik's abrupt sign off could only be attributed to one thing: Skyward Sword beckoned!

No...as much as I wanted that to be true.....I sincerely had my internet go away for like 10 minutes. There were times my internet dropped out mid conversation too, which is why I repeated the emailer's Dick Van Dyke comment without acknowledging that they said it first. I didn't hear britt say it at all.

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3199/2911821213_de39c08d4b.jpg

SEE! I TOLD YOU SOMEONE WOULD KNOW WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT!!

Raven
Feb 22nd, 2012, 08:50 AM
Yes Nik I knew the Secret Squirrel I also think I heard a few Mel Brooks lines thrown in but these youngin's just don't know good stuff

nikvoodoo
Feb 22nd, 2012, 09:02 AM
Yes Nik I knew the Secret Squirrel I also think I heard a few Mel Brooks lines thrown in but these youngin's just don't know good stuff

To be honest, I wouldn't even be able to ID the Mel Brooks lines....nor would I be able to catch Monty Python lines except for "And now for something completely different." I've absorbed them so deeply into my soul I can't tell where they end and I begin. :p

Raven
Feb 22nd, 2012, 09:03 AM
Okay okay Hero said the same thing, Maybe I totally made that up putting my own twisted warped humor onto you :)

audiodramadirectory
Feb 22nd, 2012, 02:35 PM
Currently listening to episode #29. It was kind of jokingly thrown out there earlier during the show about the "files" literally being mugshots and dossier-like. I realized in hindsight that that could very well be possible actually. If Chin Wei is so resourceful and clever, what's preventing her from going back to the prison and getting the literal files on the prisoners, you couldn't ask for more thorough info than that with who you're having to deal with. I think this is unlikely, Saul or Victor surely would've said something about it since it would've been so formal and out of the norm but technically possible.

Adventureless_Hero
Feb 22nd, 2012, 02:45 PM
That could be a possibility, and I would love it if Chinwe turned out to do something that badass. Though I am not sure that the Mallers would have allowed the files to survive. They likely would have burned them. This was their chance to start anew and leave the old behind. In their eyes I doubt they see themselves as doing anything wrong. As Tardust said, everything this there for the taking, why not enjoy the finer things?

audiodramadirectory
Feb 22nd, 2012, 02:57 PM
Still listening and just paused again to make a comment. The conversation is currently about how killing Pippin was a selfish act that doesn't click with a sacrifice like Kalani did. Maybe I'm misremembering but didn't it turn out that Pippin actually WAS a plant by the mallers? He might very well have been a slave and all that but he could have been compelled to infiltrate (along the same lines as the 'using Hanna as leverage to make Kalani a mole' theory) and in that case killing Pippin might not have been to hide Kalani's identity but to protect the tower?

AdrianHD
Feb 22nd, 2012, 03:23 PM
Still listening and just paused again to make a comment. The conversation is currently about how killing Pippin was a selfish act that doesn't click with a sacrifice like Kalani did. Maybe I'm misremembering but didn't it turn out that Pippin actually WAS a plant by the mallers? He might very well have been a slave and all that but he could have been compelled to infiltrate (along the same lines as the 'using Hanna as leverage to make Kalani a mole' theory) and in that case killing Pippin might not have been to hide Kalani's identity but to protect the tower?

It might be a bit of both. Kalani obviously had a change of heart when dealing with the tower. He's not an evil person, just wrong place, wrong time for whatever happened to him. I don't think he killed Pippin purely to conceal his identity, but I'm sure that played a role.

JahMas Roozell
Feb 27th, 2012, 02:38 PM
Brit here's something that got looked over by your double entendre mind:
Ep 9-1 @ 6:30 bullets... not the kind we need (except Kelly).
Discuss.

great stuff. Been with you since Ep 12.

JahMas Roozell
Feb 27th, 2012, 02:41 PM
forgot to add...
Chinwe has the files because she worked at the prison.
explains the files and the baton she used and the choke hold.

beezball
Feb 29th, 2012, 11:43 AM
bullets... not the kind we need

Took me a minute, but lol.

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Feb 29th, 2012, 12:01 PM
Why are we still talking about Kalani killing Pip? That cat was too fat to move around all Sho Kushogi (google him) plus he needed to beat feet down at least 4 flight of stairs and get out to Datu. His big azz would be weezing for days and sweating like two fat dudes stuck in a phone booth fighting over a snickers.

Pikepaw
Mar 3rd, 2012, 09:56 PM
Most people can figure out how to do a basic chokehold, but yes law enforcement, military or martial arts can teach you to perfect the manuever. To have my little stereotype moment, Chinwe is Asian, clearly she is born with martial arts super powers.

Former prison guard is possible, but so is a former law enforcement or military career. Considering how organized Chinwe is, she is skilled at adapting and seemed knowledgable about Saul's training, asking about the rifle, then driving around in circles to mess him up. However she could be like me, who loves to learn as many things about how armies work as I can and trains martial arts. I got a guy to tap when I was just using one arm, it isn't that hard once you have their neck. While I like the other theories, my bet is that Chinwe is a survivalist nerd.

Also I agree with Crowbar and Nikvoodoo who said it long ago. Kalani was too fat to have been Pippin's killer. This is one twist I have no idea how to come at it and I think KC will throw us all on our heads. I expect to be surprised for why Chinwe has a Kalani file