PDA

View Full Version : metro?

7oddisdead
Feb 16th, 2012, 01:10 AM
so..i've been studying this map of los angeles for a few days now, and it makes me wonder....

http://www.metro.net/riding_metro/maps/images/System_Map.pdf

to me, having a map such as this would make travel within the city quite easy. routes that are blocked..placement of said bottleneck could easily be marked out on the map leaving only the clear, open paths on the map.

for those unfamilar with metro-link. this is a map of the bus routes and "subway" rails (metro rails run partily underground, partially above...some at street level..some high and out of the way). so in addition to the normal street paths..you also open up a whole new route of travel via train lines within the city... this all came about from chinwe's seemily popping up out of nowhere during 26-2...many of us questioned the sewer system or subways...well, here ya go

the thing i would love to try, though my photoshop skills are somehow non-existant...is take a copy of this map..and overlay a copy of the w/a universe map...would we see any connections?

who knows..im off to let my irish setter chew on my headphones..enjoy

zombeh-kitteh
Feb 17th, 2012, 02:04 AM
I wondered about this briefly myself. However, it does stand to reason that the survivors wouldn't consider this option for one reason: "You don't go out at night when you can't see them coming." --Burt. The underground bits would pose a problem, because of the darkness. Any zombie worth its salt is going to see a group of bobbing, dancing lights and attack; everything echoes in tunnels...including footsteps and whispers.

Also, since "Ink" aka "Bill Roberts" is the assumed ringleader of the horde, with the "brains" to back him up...I think they would have groups of biters stationed in these areas for this specific reason.

But, I would still consider this a reasonable risk, especially if it meant a chance to escape LA, and it's definitely a resource that people shouldn't overlook as a means for escape...who knows, perhaps Saul and Victor (and whoever else) will try it out this season?

Grognaurd
Feb 17th, 2012, 03:21 AM
Thanks 7odd. I have been meaning to and have not gotten around to it

I also will change my opinion on my Rattenkreig and agree with Crowbar and others. It most case in the NE the sewer and storm drains are linked. In LA the storm drains are concrete river beads.

7oddisdead
Feb 17th, 2012, 03:28 AM
Eh...this just struck me as a much more effective method for convoy, and more importantly..scavenger missions to be planned out..and keep track of where their headed...a simple bus map...readily available if ya know where to look...still need yo look into how this corresponds with say...location of the water plant

reaper239
Feb 17th, 2012, 07:18 AM
even if you have a flashlight, i know i don't want to find myself in a tunnel that's suddenly dead ended with the echoes of zombies coming up behind me.