PDA

View Full Version : Idea for growing on twitter

StepLaugh
Feb 15th, 2012, 11:47 AM
Hey guys,

It's been a while since I've been active in here, but life sucks right now :/

So onto my idea.

What do you guys think of the idea of having a We're Alive Twitter account that post memorable quotes from the show?

I was thinking we could retweet them, and stuff like that.

This isn't big by any means but we could start using hashtags more, and just an overall twitter presence?

What do you guys think?

ComradeNarf
Feb 15th, 2012, 09:24 PM
I think it's a great idea! We've got a lot of good quotes to pull from. I know some of the Twitter clients allow you to set 'future posts,' does anyone know exactly which clients they are?

On an exposure-related idea, I'd really like to get Chris Hardwick's (Nerdist.com) attention for the show. He's a fan of zombies, so I bet he'd love We're Alive. I'm thinking maybe contact him by physical mail because he looks pretty bombarded on the digital media front.

Kc
Feb 15th, 2012, 10:24 PM
Love the quote idea and I know of the nerdist, but he didn't seem too interested in the show. I gave him a copy once, but he didn't listen to it. Should we start making a list to quote? And we use tweetdeck most of the time.

ComradeNarf
Feb 16th, 2012, 12:06 PM
Curse you, Nerdist! I'll still try dropping him a letter insisting he doesn't know what he's missing. We've got several 'top quotes' threads kicking around the forum, and this will give me an excuse to start over in listening to the series again. Shucky-darn. ;)

Anyone know any other figures a la Nerdist that would be good to send a letter to?

Kc
Feb 16th, 2012, 04:14 PM
Curse you, Nerdist! I'll still try dropping him a letter insisting he doesn't know what he's missing. We've got several 'top quotes' threads kicking around the forum, and this will give me an excuse to start over in listening to the series again. Shucky-darn. ;)

Anyone know any other figures a la Nerdist that would be good to send a letter to?

Here's the thread of quotes: http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?45-Favorite-Quote&highlight=quotes

I sent one today:
"These Cheetos might have just saved our asses!" #burt #werealivequotes

Does that look like a good format? Any suggestions on the hash tagging?

Any other figures? Felicia Day... good luck with that one. Um... I dunno, any nerd bloggers.

ALSO: Should we move this outside the admin section? No one can see it here but moderators and admins.

nikvoodoo
Feb 16th, 2012, 04:45 PM
Here's the thread of quotes: http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?45-Favorite-Quote&highlight=quotes

I sent one today:
"These Cheetos might have just saved our asses!" #burt #werealivequotes

Does that look like a good format? Any suggestions on the hash tagging?

Any other figures? Felicia Day... good luck with that one. Um... I dunno, any nerd bloggers.

ALSO: Should we move this outside the admin section? No one can see it here but moderators and admins.

Yes. I think we should move it. Someone may come up with a good format we don't think of. Or at least an amusing quote we might have missed. Crowd Sourcing FTW!

Kc
Feb 17th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Yes. I think we should move it. Someone may come up with a good format we don't think of. Or at least an amusing quote we might have missed. Crowd Sourcing FTW!

Go for it! Last time I moved something, bad things happened.

StepLaugh
Feb 20th, 2012, 08:04 AM
I was just wondering if this has moved yet?

StepLaugh
Feb 20th, 2012, 08:05 AM
Orrrrr... Should I just started a new thread?

nikvoodoo
Feb 20th, 2012, 09:39 AM
Nah, lets just move it. I'll put it in top news now.

So here you go community at large! We've moved this topic from the super secret handshake area for your support. Lets hit the twitter-verse with all we got with great quotes!

AdrianHD
Feb 20th, 2012, 02:57 PM
I was thinking something like this, but more viral. Having a We're Alive ARG start on Twitter would be marvelous. Twitter is a huge place. We haven't even touched the surface with potential though.

StepLaugh
Mar 21st, 2012, 02:42 PM
Is there a bot program you can use that post random quotes to a certain twitter account?

Something like this?

http://www.neilkodner.com/2010/12/my-twitter-bots-tens-of-thousands-of-followers-cant-be-wrong/

Mikeyd2tall
Mar 21st, 2012, 03:37 PM

Michael dodd @ this week in geek?

abayarts
Mar 21st, 2012, 05:34 PM

The Geekbox? They like zombies and all stuff geek.