PDA

View Full Version : Help with a L4D2 WA Tower map?

kernelsploit
Feb 8th, 2012, 07:55 PM
So I've been listening to We're Alive since this summer and I decided I'd like to do something for the community. I'm planning on making a complete L4D2 map of "The Tower." I don't have too much experience with Source mapping, but I'd like to start with something I'm going to enjoy doing. Attached is an image of "The Tower" with most of the information I could find on the wiki annotated (just using ms paint.) There is still a lot I don't know so Kc, If you see this could you post information such as the approximate dimensions of the tower, the location of the stairwell, the location of the second tower that the zip line was connected to in relation to the image, and any corrections or improvements to my picture of the tower. Thank you so much for the podcast! I'd love to do this! Also, just to make sure, do I need your permission to do this? Thanks!

Joe Bonselaar
Feb 27th, 2012, 10:59 PM
I've been working on a similar mod. I've made a mission for arma 2 Combined Operation. I've added some pics from WA and few bases with We're Alive written outside it. It's a modified version of a mod for Arma 2 CO. Unable to upload here, but if anyone has this PC game I can host a server so we can play.

kernelsploit
Feb 29th, 2012, 08:37 PM
Could you post a link to your mod? Thanks!

Joe Bonselaar
Mar 1st, 2012, 04:11 PM
This is the mod I used as a foundation for my We're Alive Mod. As and indie filmmaker I don't have much time to commit to editing arma 2 so this is still a WIP. There is a bug that if you do not have a quad core processor, you will begin to have experience reduced FPS drop. I have a fix for that, but have not been able to update due to my daily life. However I intend to work on it soon!

http://www.fileswap.com/dl/cSHUyJXfIa/DZS_We're_Alive.Chernarus.pbo.html

to install:
drag .pbo file into c/programfiles/Bohemia Interactive/arma2/mpmissions