PDA

View Full Version : W.A. Game Nights Are Back!

itsallgoodie
Feb 6th, 2012, 06:18 AM
With W.A. getting back into full swing, its about time we get the online community revived.

Lets talk Game Nights!

We have focused primarily on Xbox in the past as more people seem to have that console. We have also focused on Halo 3/Reach as a game because it has a larger player party available and it has great custom games. Check in and lets get a tentative list going so we can figure out who wants to play and more importantly, what YOU want to play.

I hope to hear for a lot of you guys!

Adventureless_Hero
Feb 6th, 2012, 06:30 AM
I'm often on Halo Reach. Though I think you are the only person on WA who has added me.

But in truth I totally suck at Reach. So I would be a liability on a team.

itsallgoodie
Feb 6th, 2012, 06:33 AM
That's fine, it isn't like we are playing MLG, its a way to kick back and relax, not to rage about whose team is better.

looney
Feb 6th, 2012, 09:11 AM
I'm down for a session some time. When you guys have a schedule, I'll see how it lines up with work/school since those own my life. I've got Reach and enjoy it, but I haven't played in forever. I played semi-competitive COD:MW3, but got kind of sick of it. TF2 might be fun, even though I suck at that as well. I'm open to anything really.

Edit: Gamertag on Xbox live is lessthanluke if anyone wants to add me. I'm playing through Fallout 3 and then Red Dead Redemption, so I'm not very social at the moment, but add me if you want.

reaper239
Feb 6th, 2012, 09:34 AM
Bf3

Bray
Feb 6th, 2012, 10:22 AM
Bf3

Everyone needs this game in their life!

itsallgoodie
Feb 6th, 2012, 11:29 AM
I agree, we could try and get a BattleField3 game going, but we may not have enough forum members with the game.

AdrianHD
Feb 6th, 2012, 11:54 AM
But in truth I totally suck at Reach. So I would be a liability on a team.

It's okay! StepLaugh and I would make up for you :P

--

I've got Battlefield 3, Reach (no Anniversary maps), and Gears 3 that we could play. If that's hard, I recommend the indie game ZP2KX. Very fun multiplayer game with up to 12 people games (if I recall correctly) and it's only a buck.

StepLaugh
Feb 6th, 2012, 02:14 PM
It's okay! StepLaugh and I would make up for you :P

SO TRUE!

And that other game sounds like it could be fun. I have the anniversary map, just havent DL'd them yet .

Hellbringer
Feb 6th, 2012, 06:51 PM
SO TRUE!

And that other game sounds like it could be fun. I have the anniversary map, just havent DL'd them yet .

CUCUMBER GATORADE!!!!

I'm still around... got my gamertag running all over the following playsets:

Halo: Reach (all but Anniversary)
Battlefield 3 (B2K maps)
Homefront (all maps)
Gears of War 3 (no DL maps)
Transformers: War for Cybertron
The Orange Box

and for the less than normal stuff:

FIFA 11
FIFA 10
MTG: BotPW
MTG: 2012
Rock Band 2
Dead Island (no DL... yet. Still deciding on that part)

ComradeNarf
Feb 6th, 2012, 09:38 PM
I'm always up for Reach (haven't tried the Anniversary stuff yet). I don't have BF3 though I'm totally up for nabbing it when it's on sale again.

Also, Gotham City Imposters is out in the near future; anyone looking at picking that up?

AdrianHD
Feb 7th, 2012, 04:10 AM
CUCUMBER GATORADE!!!!

UNGH. Don't ever mention that God-awful drink. Seriously, I haven't forgotten about that taste. I was never so inclined to RETURN a drink. Bleh.

I'm always up for Reach (haven't tried the Anniversary stuff yet). I don't have BF3 though I'm totally up for nabbing it when it's on sale again.

Also, Gotham City Imposters is out in the near future; anyone looking at picking that up?
Definitely get BF3. You can play with Goodie and I. He tends to yell and stuff when he gets killed, it's funny.

As for Gotham City, I'm not a big Batman fan. Same reason I'm sketchy on Asylum and City, but it looks neat!

VidjaGamez
Feb 7th, 2012, 04:28 PM
I wouldn't mind joining in on a game night!

I'm up to play...
CoD:MW3
Gears of War 3 (Horde Mode preferably at the moment.)
Halo Reach

I played during the beta, game is pretty fun. If someone gave it to me for free I'd play the living heck out of it.

Razorw1re
Feb 7th, 2012, 05:18 PM
Im up for BF3. But, I doubt that there is anyone here who can compete with me, since I am truly the best there is (And by "best" I mean "having the lowest possible score for the most consistant amount of time"). Gamer tag : BloodyRazorw1re (be sure to note that ur on the WA forum, since I ignore most friend requests)

itsallgoodie
Feb 8th, 2012, 06:45 AM
So the consensus sounds like BF3 or Teh Halos. We can do either, I'm at school and stupidly forgot my copy of Reach and Halo 3 at home but they are being mailed to me and should be here in the next week or so. The next question becomes which days work best for the great people of this internet forum?

Hellbringer
Feb 9th, 2012, 03:54 PM
Most of the people on my friends list play BF3 (which is a nice change from seeing everyone pop up for MW3... a game I don't own).

I am available for just about any day. Ever since December, I've been back on a normal work schedule (yea, me). So I can play when everyone else wants to play... unless I'm off on some trip and I'm stuck in a hotel that has terrible internet (like the one I was in last month).

looney
Feb 9th, 2012, 04:34 PM
My nights are kind of weird, but the best nights are Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Then again, if we're playing BF3, I won't be playing since I don't own it and won't be purchasing it anytime soon. If we do play, I will probably be drunk, which just means I'll be totally awesome.

itsallgoodie
Feb 13th, 2012, 06:20 AM
It looks like we might try halo or BF3. If enough people have it we should play BF3 for a change. What nights work best for people?

Hellbringer
Feb 13th, 2012, 06:49 AM
It looks like we might try halo or BF3. If enough people have it we should play BF3 for a change. What nights work best for people?

I'll find out in a couple of days if I got any 24 hour duty for this month, but I think I'm free during the entire President's Day weekend.

riskbreaker23
Feb 13th, 2012, 11:40 AM
Before I was all pissed that I couldn't play with you guys, but now I have an Xbox! Sign me up! I'm on Halo Reach. Don't have Halo 3 yet. But I'm not bad at Halo reach :D so it could be some fun! I want BF3, but I don't have the moeny yet. But in a few weeks I get a bonus from my work. Maybe I can splurge a little??

I may pick up Dead Island. I have it on my PC, but I'd get it for Xbox if enough people on the forums play it.

reaper239
Feb 13th, 2012, 01:55 PM

usually like monday night, or saturday night, or wednsday night or something like that. also, in bf3 you only need four to fill out a squad. i'd love to have eight like in mag, but nooooooo dice has decided that that's not what they want to do.

oh, i also now has dead island on xbox. and l4d2, just saying.

Gilbert
Feb 13th, 2012, 03:27 PM
Dead Island and Halo Reach are the multiplayer games im playing at the moment.

Hellbringer
Feb 13th, 2012, 04:47 PM
I'm good for any night in Feb... and maybe the first two weeks in March.

Name the game, I'll say the same.

Solanine
Feb 15th, 2012, 12:05 PM
Friday and saturday nights would be best. @ItsAllGoodie you should get in contact with Daredevil, see about making one of the game nights a Minecraft night (for the opening of the new server to the public.).

itsallgoodie
Feb 20th, 2012, 06:16 AM
I have been in touch with Daredevil and we are very much intrested in a minecraft game night. He will notify me when the server is ready and we will make it happen. As for xbox nights how about we aim for Saturday evening of this week? I figure we can play halo only because its the big party game and we can make an effort to play BF3 soon. How does that sound? I was thinking around 10PM Saturday night EST. so 7PM PST. Hows that sound?

Hellbringer
Feb 20th, 2012, 09:21 AM
I have been in touch with Daredevil and we are very much intrested in a minecraft game night. He will notify me when the server is ready and we will make it happen. As for xbox nights how about we aim for Saturday evening of this week? I figure we can play halo only because its the big party game and we can make an effort to play BF3 soon. How does that sound? I was thinking around 10PM Saturday night EST. so 7PM PST. Hows that sound?

Saturday night sounds good to me, but I have to replace my disc first. Apparently, someone cracked the middle of it and it won't work any more.

Solanine
Feb 20th, 2012, 10:58 AM
Great to here that bout minecraft, Unfortunately due to time difference I will probably not be able to partake this time, 3am is a little early :P have fun all those whom are doing it.

itsallgoodie
Feb 20th, 2012, 11:14 AM
We can potentially change it. If west coasters are down with playing earlier we could move it all forward to like 12 your time.

Solanine
Feb 20th, 2012, 11:15 AM
's okay, I might join you for the odd night if I feel up for it.

Hellbringer
Feb 20th, 2012, 11:42 AM
Just replaced the Halo disc... man, that thing had cracks where I didn't think it could have them.

itsallgoodie
Feb 20th, 2012, 11:52 AM
LOL glad to hear it.

AdrianHD
Feb 20th, 2012, 04:43 PM

My Xbox HDD is dead again... so I'll have to hold off on that.

itsallgoodie
Feb 25th, 2012, 04:02 PM
We don't really have enough people to do this this weekend. I'll get on a few people who may have missed the thread and we will do this soon. Sound good?

Hellbringer
Feb 25th, 2012, 06:59 PM
My brother just got back from the field and is guilting me into playing Battlefield around 9:30ish. Guess it's bonding time.

Hoff4D
Feb 27th, 2012, 12:32 PM
Just throwing my hat in the ring. I don't have Battlefield 3, but am down for Halo 3/Reach whenever. Go ahead and add me, just be sure to note you're from WA forum, as most random friend requests get ignored.

I'm randomly on live, so you guys plan something and I'll do my best to make that day

symon_r
Mar 21st, 2012, 03:42 PM
Just wondering if anyone is up for a slightly different spin on this; mostly because I'm a selfish PS3 only type.

Would there be any love for an SSX event? Could even set up custom events on the same peaks with the same rules on both PS3 and xBox and publish the results here. The asynchronous style of play may suit the many timezones of the forum although I grant it means its not quite a game night :)

You can all feel free to add me on psn (id: symon_r) even if we don't go down this route.

I don't think I've ever noticed noticed a shout out for the game night threads on WND - could help participation?

StepLaugh
Mar 21st, 2012, 03:44 PM
Once we get something solid down, then we should ask britt and greg to promote it on WND

awkwardalex
Mar 21st, 2012, 06:05 PM
I've been thinking that we should look into Computer since we all have access to that clearly, primarily MMORPG's are a good place to group up several people at once, when we did dead island we were limited to four.

Personally I'm on Star Wars: The Old Republic, server Darth Sion. Come find me if you want to play my main is a Gunslinger, Smuggler named: MissionV currently lvl 25.

I also think that Mass Effect 3 has a large multiplayer thing, but I haven't had the time to play that one yet.

itsallgoodie
Mar 21st, 2012, 09:49 PM
This is a good idea. It's hard because there is no way everyone has the same consoles or games *obviously* so we need to find the balance. We can make multiple threads for different game nights if that works. You guys let me know how you want to move forward with this.

reaper239
Mar 22nd, 2012, 05:45 AM
if anyone has operation racoon city on the ps3 pm me. i'm a little stuck on the nemesis right now.

awkwardalex
Mar 22nd, 2012, 03:13 PM
Just an update to Star Wars: The Old Republic, they are having a free weekend this weekend starting now! Tis limited so go go go!

http://www.swtor.com/weekendpass?sourceid=title-exact_wk_star_wars_of_the_old_republic_exact_72_sw tor_-_accolades_wkndpass_msn