PDA

View Full Version : Way out there before you open this. On the suject of: My Hannah.

awkwardalex
Jan 31st, 2012, 10:35 PM
Now if you read my last theory you probably know that they are half baked ideas. This one is about Kalani's mysterious line in his last scene.
"That girl? That was my Hannah."

Like most of you I was re-listening to the show front to back and I go a wondering:

What if his Hannah was CJ? The female leader of the Other Tower.

Why:

-It's the only female I can recall(right now) that he has mentioned.

I don't know, I'm tired tell me what you think.

ilanagl
Feb 10th, 2012, 11:27 AM
I doubt it but only because I think the one in the hoodie is CJ

Hellbringer
Feb 10th, 2012, 07:42 PM
No, no, no... we all know that the only HANNAH is from MONTANA. I couldn't resist... so I'll probably get flamed or something. Do kids these days use that word or am I dating myself with pre-Y2K jargon?

Anyhoo... I don't think it's CJ because if I remember correctly, CJ had the only tower up and running before Kalani got there from Hawaii. I guess he could have gotten to know CJ on a more personal level, but time is the We're Alive universe is much more limited compared to us getting the podcasts on a weekly basis. (not a complaint to KC, btw) I don't think he had enough time to build an emotional bond with her, but watch... someone will probably prove me wrong. (this is why I'm not a televised-election-analyst)

Litmaster
Feb 11th, 2012, 04:05 AM
The only thing I can think of is that Kalani's journal is going to mention the tragic death of some girl--Hannah-- who was his daughter that he brought over with him from Hawaii.

OR, maybe Kalani just thought that she was dead, but it will turn out that this Hoodie is really Hannah, Kalani's daughter, who escaped the fall of the other tower even then her dad thought she was a fer sure gonner...

Grognaurd
Feb 12th, 2012, 12:11 PM
These are what brainstorming sessions. What was written got me thinking. Kalani speaks in the past tense. Not a good sign for a new character. The mallers did just shoot a girl, but there was not a lot of time to hash things out. So, I am stuck with past tense.

My best guess now is that Kalani did come with a significant other daughter girlfriend wife etc. Much like Angel would not admit to knowing Datu or who Cindy was right away, Kalani could not deal with it and suppresses the emotional part of the relationship in journal. I also think there is a picture.

YoungBlood
Feb 13th, 2012, 04:54 PM
I think Hannah could be the second person that scratch mentioned that she had back in chapter 24

awkwardalex
Feb 13th, 2012, 05:00 PM
No, no, no... we all know that the only HANNAH is from MONTANA. I couldn't resist... so I'll probably get flamed or something. Do kids these days use that word or am I dating myself with pre-Y2K jargon?

Anyhoo... I don't think it's CJ because if I remember correctly, CJ had the only tower up and running before Kalani got there from Hawaii. I guess he could have gotten to know CJ on a more personal level, but time is the We're Alive universe is much more limited compared to us getting the podcasts on a weekly basis. (not a complaint to KC, btw) I don't think he had enough time to build an emotional bond with her, but watch... someone will probably prove me wrong. (this is why I'm not a televised-election-analyst)

***This whole thought and thread came to me BEFORE chapter 26.1***
Haha, I thought that to, but I was thinking maybe he knew her before and that's why he choose LA. I mean when you have to choose a place to go, to get off the island, where would you go. You have hundreds of cities to land in.

zombeh-kitteh
Feb 17th, 2012, 01:36 AM
SPOILER WARNING> If you haven't listened to Chapter 24, then don't read...

I don't think "Hannah" is CJ...Kalani was only in the other tower for 3 days. He tells Michael so. I believe that Hannah was the girl the Mallers shot, as punishment for helping instead of hindering the Tower lot. She was expendable, and served the extra purpose of teaching Kalani a lesson. I believe that's also why he didn't hesitate in crashing...(spoiler spoiler).

reaper239
Feb 17th, 2012, 07:20 AM
the problem we run into is i don't think anyone told kalani what happened at he golf course did they?

Pandora
Feb 17th, 2012, 12:45 PM

I don't think "Hannah" is CJ...Kalani was only in the other tower for 3 days. He tells Michael so. I believe that Hannah was the girl the Mallers shot, as punishment for helping instead of hindering the Tower lot. She was expendable, and served the extra purpose of teaching Kalani a lesson. I believe that's also why he didn't hesitate in crashing...(spoiler spoiler).

I am wondering if Hannah is Kalanis Daughter and Tar got a hold of her. I cant help but think that 'No Response' 20-3 is her.

Tandem25
Feb 17th, 2012, 01:10 PM

Wow. I hadn't thought about that sub-subplot since the end of last season. It might change my opinion of Kalani. I never liked him but if this theory pans out... I dunno. He could have come clean with the tower leadership and tried a rescue mission to get his daughter back but who knows how anyone would act in that situation.
Look at Saul. He's lost Lizzy and is doing what he thinks is best, for better or worse.

zombeh-kitteh
Feb 20th, 2012, 09:01 PM
the problem we run into is i don't think anyone told kalani what happened at he golf course did they?

Well, Kalani did pick up Michael, Burt, and Riley...they must have filled him in on the way back to the tower. He must have asked them why they needed to get back in a hurry.