PDA

View Full Version : Zombie Survival Game

IamPaul
Jan 23rd, 2012, 09:07 AM
I just listened to KC on Fearless Ghosthunters pod, and he had mentioned something that I have been wanting since i was a young pup in the 90's. A GTA style zombie survival game. I have always though, why have they not made one. A 3rd person game, sandbox style, where you can do whatever you want or do missions. Never forced to do anything just like GTA. I play GTA IV just to run around and do mindless things. never figured out why Rockstar never made a Zombie DLC. Then I realized, We're Alive is the perfect story for this. I would love to play as any character just going out and killing monsters or saving survivors. What do we all think? I want it, bad!

Wilsas
Jan 23rd, 2012, 09:33 AM
SOOOOO TRUE!
I wanted a REALISTIC (yes, underlined, bold, italic) zombie survival game. Something RPG type a combination of Fallout, Gothic, GTA, Elder scrolls, mafia, killing floor, zombie panic! source and on and on... I do not want another "pick up object and press LMB repeatedly to kill zombies" (dead island, dead rising, maybe l4d and so on). Now I need to calm down and when i do I'll continue :D

IamPaul
Jan 23rd, 2012, 09:38 AM
SOOOOO TRUE!
I wanted a REALISTIC (yes, underlined, bold, italic) zombie survival game. Something RPG type a combination of Fallout, Gothic, GTA, Elder scrolls, mafia, killing floor, zombie panic! source and on and on... I do not want another "pick up object and press LMB repeatedly to kill zombies" (dead island, dead rising, maybe l4d and so on). Now I need to calm down and when i do I'll continue :D

Yea, I do not want something repetitive. But I would have fun just trying to survive without doing missions. Until I needed more weapons, then i would have to do missions of course.

IamPaul
Jan 23rd, 2012, 09:39 AM
I like Dead Rising and all. But I hate the way weapons are used in it, and I hate the stupid got to take pictures part to. SO I guess that means I do not like Dead Rising.

IamPaul
Jan 23rd, 2012, 09:42 AM
Also, It has got to be 3rd Person view. I hate 1st because i feel like I do not get a feel for the surroundings for some reason. Plus FPS pose a hazard fo rmy eyes for some reason. I guess that you could choose what view you take.

Wilsas
Jan 23rd, 2012, 10:15 AM
fallout 3 approach would be great :) you get first person and third person, also switching the side would be a big plus (like left/center/right) having companions or a whole squad would be awesome too, as well as having a tactical overhead view (maybe something like Commander in battlefield 2), the stealth aspect should be added too (sneaking like in deus ex, hitman or Thief series or even something as simple as sneaking in Gothic) having freedom to build custom barricades and traps (something like in Garry's Mod) would be highly appreciated by a lot of creative people (for instance to make tough a wall you need wood, bricks, cement, armature and water)
Well i just hope somebody will begin making such a game :D
And don't look at me, I know next to nothing about making games :D

Raven
Jan 23rd, 2012, 10:23 AM
Anyone ever play Brainbread back in the day? People made that for steam as a fan project like this :) Just sayin'

Kc
Jan 23rd, 2012, 10:27 AM
Rockstar games needs to contact us. Can you imagine finding different safehouses you could secure with survivors there? Different cars that need repair in the garage, unless you rescued a mechanic, but then again what about the mechanic's level of expertise. Only some can do some. Of course, a Pegs-like character who knows how to grow food. Then again you could have the opposite, and play a "Maller" type survivor, who takes what they need instead.

IamPaul
Jan 23rd, 2012, 12:34 PM
Rockstar games needs to contact us. Can you imagine finding different safehouses you could secure with survivors there? Different cars that need repair in the garage, unless you rescued a mechanic, but then again what about the mechanic's level of expertise. Only some can do some. Of course, a Pegs-like character who knows how to grow food. Then again you could have the opposite, and play a "Maller" type survivor, who takes what they need instead.

KC, that is exactly why you are so awesome. That'd be cool. You collect supplies while you are out. And if you got to get to a safehouse, you can only use what is in there and what you have on your person to secure the place. Maybe a mode where you start on your own, and find your own survivors and your own safehouse, unless on your journey you see a we're alive sign on a tower, and you get there and instead of being one of the characters, you play as yourself in the tower.

IamPaul
Jan 23rd, 2012, 04:51 PM
I was thinking while listening to Chapter 24 again, this would be a great way to get We're Alive (insert region or city). We're Alive Kansas (where I am) would consist of alot of flatland and small towns. I have always wondered how a small town would fare in this type of situation.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=silver+lake,+ks&hl=en&sll=39.059201,-95.721934&sspn=0.131961,0.3368&vpsrc=0&hnear=Silver+Lake,+Shawnee,+Kansas&t=m&z=14

That is the link, if it works, to the town I am in. Small. One local grocery store, 2 gas stations, a mexican place(awesome!) pizza place, liquor store and that is about it. I would love to see a situation where small towns are inbetween bigger ones.

Wilsas
Jan 23rd, 2012, 05:00 PM
Yeah, you fortify in a small town and then the city zombies start flowing in cuz they need braaains and then sh*t gets serious. i mean the lack of guns, ammo, general supplies you name it. so i figure huge open world would be great for you could choose any kind of place and each pace would have its pros and cons. in general epic...

Professor Woland
Jan 25th, 2012, 10:34 AM
fallout 3 approach would be great :) you get first person and third person, also switching the side would be a big plus (like left/center/right) having companions or a whole squad would be awesome too, as well as having a tactical overhead view (maybe something like Commander in battlefield 2), the stealth aspect should be added too (sneaking like in deus ex, hitman or Thief series or even something as simple as sneaking in Gothic) having freedom to build custom barricades and traps (something like in Garry's Mod) would be highly appreciated by a lot of creative people (for instance to make tough a wall you need wood, bricks, cement, armature and water)
Well i just hope somebody will begin making such a game :D
And don't look at me, I know next to nothing about making games :D

There are quite a few elements of zombies in the Fallout games, look at the ghouls.

IamPaul
Jan 25th, 2012, 02:13 PM
I thought of a new mode or two today. Tower Defense or Attack the Tower. You can play as either the tower folk defending the tower from the Zeds or Mallers, or you can play as the Mallers or Zeds attacking the tower.

Jorch72
Jan 25th, 2012, 04:12 PM
I thought of a new mode or two today. Tower Defense or Attack the Tower. You can play as either the tower folk defending the tower from the Zeds or Mallers, or you can play as the Mallers or Zeds attacking the tower.
:) I love Tower Defense games! :)
That would be great!

IamPaul
Jan 27th, 2012, 04:36 PM
I got a great suggestion! Dead Pixels on Xbox Live. It is a great, 8-bit zombie survival game. Very fun! Great presentation and only 80 points I think. It was when i bought it anyways.

Pteranodon
Feb 3rd, 2012, 06:41 PM
Ever play the "Zombies!!!" boardgame? You run around a destroyed city with a shotgun and shoot zombies, pick up more ammo, and screw over the other players. . . Not a video game, but it reminds me of the original 2D GTA game.

Adventureless_Hero
Feb 6th, 2012, 07:08 AM
Ever play the "Zombies!!!" boardgame? You run around a destroyed city with a shotgun and shoot zombies, pick up more ammo, and screw over the other players. . . Not a video game, but it reminds me of the original 2D GTA game.

Sweet! I'm having a game night on Friday. I've got a few bucks in Amazon gift cards (Christmas) and was wondering what to pick up. Can you tell me which of these games it is?

Amazon.com:Zombies Board Games (http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=zombies+board+game&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=4197948737&ref=pd_sl_2jbak98cqq_b)

turbo
Mar 13th, 2012, 03:39 PM
For those that want to train for the actual Zombie Apocalypse, they came out with a "running game" app based around zombies. It's no GTA but could be fun for anyone who runs!

http://lifehacker.com/5892625/zombies-run-turns-your-exercise-routine-into-a-game-of-survival

IamPaul
Mar 24th, 2012, 10:05 AM
This game would be awesome with zombies instead of crazy humans. What do you think? I played the demo, just felt like there should be Zombies.

http://www.gamespot.com/i-am-alive/reviews/i-am-alive-review-6364711/

awkwardalex
Mar 24th, 2012, 07:00 PM
For those that want to train for the actual Zombie Apocalypse, they came out with a "running game" app based around zombies. It's no GTA but could be fun for anyone who runs!

http://lifehacker.com/5892625/zombies-run-turns-your-exercise-routine-into-a-game-of-survival

I have been waiting for this to come out sadly my itouch is not compatible, damn old thing

Mikeyd2tall
Apr 21st, 2012, 09:01 AM
YES! we need this! the zombie cheat in saints row: The third just aint cutting it! :(

moten711
Jan 6th, 2016, 11:19 AM
i found the perfect game if possible try state of decay. if something like this could be madeto the tune of were alive i would never leave my house. as a future game developer i doubt it would take much to make a very successful game out of we're alive. really hope someone makes this!!!b see check youtube it plays exactly how everyone wants to just look...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QKB2LOtugU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edVYXynxzio ...if no one does this im gonna make a fan mod of this game i swear

bluestarred
Feb 3rd, 2016, 07:12 AM
[QUOTE=moten711;80676]i found the perfect game if possible try state of decay.
This game does looks great; will definitely try it out. I'm about to start playing Left 4 Dead- are you familiar with that one? I think it's mostly a shooter, but I hope not.

turbo
Feb 3rd, 2016, 07:18 AM
This game does looks great; will definitely try it out. I'm about to start playing Left 4 Dead- are you familiar with that one? I think it's mostly a shooter, but I hope not.

Left 4 Dead is great for killing zombies. IT really is just a shooter but you're getting to the end of the map to escape from the area. It's quite enjoyable, especially trying to get all the achievements.

Side note, just noticed your in Illinois! where abouts?

bluestarred
Feb 3rd, 2016, 08:06 AM
Just south of Chicago, right where the cornfields start.

turbo
Feb 3rd, 2016, 09:45 AM
No shit! I'm west of Chicago, about 45 minutes, right on the edge of the cornfields as well.

bluestarred
Feb 3rd, 2016, 11:13 AM
Haha! We could be in bad shape if the ZA does happen! Hope you have a good plan. I know I do.:D

turbo
Feb 3rd, 2016, 12:02 PM
Haha! We could be in bad shape if the ZA does happen! Hope you have a good plan. I know I do.:D

As long as the plans are good, we're safe ;) Headed south for mine!

bluestarred
Feb 3rd, 2016, 04:04 PM
As long as the plans are good, we're safe ;) Headed south for mine!

If need be i will let you know where we are holed up. You might go right past us. Do you fish?

turbo
Feb 3rd, 2016, 06:54 PM
If need be i will let you know where we are holed up. You might go right past us. Do you fish?

Haven't really fished in years, but don't mind it! Nice and quiet.

Burgerbros
Aug 27th, 2016, 03:42 PM
State of Decay is a great zombie game.

Windsor995
Aug 27th, 2016, 05:52 PM
7 Days to Die, I find it is pretty good. It has zombies, crafting and defense strategy. I the only thing I find annoying about it is the lack of instruction on how to find and build things. I had to Youtube alot of things

Merlin1274
Feb 21st, 2017, 09:57 AM
I know its an old thread but I play H1Z1 on PC.. We like it with all its bugs. Build a base, fend off Zombies, Raid other peoples bases. It makes a good time.

Miapia
Feb 23rd, 2017, 03:59 PM
Are they making one?

Ike
May 11th, 2017, 07:39 AM
If you want a fairly realistic zombie survival game, I would recommend DayZ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPJ37khFJWI&index=1&list=PLuMTZBpxpB0cB3p3ewQT3KTdZ6szpBYSZ