PDA

View Full Version : 4.1.9 Upgrade.

Kc
Jan 12th, 2012, 08:40 AM
We've upgraded to 4.1.9. I'm looking around at bugs now. I backed up everything before we did it, so if we need to roll back we can. The CMS front page is back for now, but that could go soon.

Wicked Sid
Jan 12th, 2012, 06:48 PM
One kind of bug, I've been smacked with the mobile style and can not return to default.

reaper239
Jan 13th, 2012, 06:06 AM
all the buttons above the text editor box has disappeared, and i do mean all of them, the img tag, the video tag, all of it, gone. just thought you should know in case anyone else is having that problem. i even went into the settings and adjusted the editor format in general settings, no dice. es ist kaputt.

yarri
Jan 13th, 2012, 07:15 AM
all the buttons above the text editor box has disappeared, and i do mean all of them, the img tag, the video tag, all of it, gone. just thought you should know in case anyone else is having that problem. i even went into the settings and adjusted the editor format in general settings, no dice. es ist kaputt.

You're not alone... I got nothing too. :(

Kc
Jan 13th, 2012, 08:44 AM
Ok, Now this is REALLY weird. Apartment OLD now has a textbox that's fine, and yet Apartment 1.9 does not. I'm on it.

Kc
Jan 13th, 2012, 08:50 AM
FOUND THE GLITCH! Ok, so if Any admin switches the setting: Default Style for Modern Mobile Browsers
And puts it at any of our Apartment Styles, the edit bar goes away.

Kc
Jan 13th, 2012, 08:56 AM
One kind of bug, I've been smacked with the mobile style and can not return to default.

Fixed it. The link somehow invalidated itself. The button "return to default" now works properly.

reaper239
Jan 13th, 2012, 10:51 AM
problem fixed, vielen dank.

Hellbringer
Jan 13th, 2012, 09:00 PM
I presume what I'm seeing is because of the upgrade, but what is the "Rep Power" that shows up under our stats when we post something?

nikvoodoo
Jan 14th, 2012, 10:35 AM
I presume what I'm seeing is because of the upgrade, but what is the "Rep Power" that shows up under our stats when we post something?

That is the amount of points you give/take away when you use the rep system.

I don't think the mobile theme is fixed. I tried to get back to default and it didn't work. Once I clicked anything, it went back to mobile. I also couldn't post anything.

Kc
Jan 18th, 2012, 10:41 PM
Is that mobile browser only?

Wicked Sid
Jan 19th, 2012, 12:39 PM
Yes, I believe so.

Kc
Jan 19th, 2012, 02:12 PM
Yes, I believe so.

Ok. Anyone with Mobile Theme problems, just post them here IN DETAIL and we'll see what we can do. There's some fixing we obviously need to do and the more specific the better.

Wicked Sid
Jan 19th, 2012, 04:44 PM
When I visit the forum homepage, I'm in the apartment style. But when I move to any other page, it reverts to the mobile format. Reproducible, every time ~

If I open the chatbox full from the apartment style, the chatbox is reverted to the new mobile chat. Reproducible

When visiting chatbox full from mobile style, the chatbox may revert to the old chatbox style. Reproducible, not often ~

When trying to edit a post, the edit post page will show up but after the changes were made the changes are not realized on the following page. Reproducible, often ~

These are the problems that I've come across following the 4.1.9. Upgrade.

Kc
Jan 20th, 2012, 12:15 PM
I'm experimenting with a new style called mobile 1.9~

Kc
Jan 20th, 2012, 12:17 PM
The 1.9 seems better. Let's keep testing

Kc
Jan 20th, 2012, 04:44 PM
Fixed a lot of glitches. There was a problem in a cookie for mobile browsers: Index: includes/init.php
================================================== =================
--- includes/init.php (revision 57017)
+++ includes/init.php (working copy)
@@ -577,11 +577,11 @@
$vbulletin->GPC[COOKIE_PREFIX . 'skipmobilestyle'] = 0;
}
}
-elseif ($mobile_browser_advanced && $vbulletin->options['mobilestyleid_advanced'] && !$vbulletin->GPC[COOKIE_PREFIX . 'skipmobilestyle'])
+elseif ($mobile_browser_advanced AND $vbulletin->options['mobilestyleid_advanced'] AND !$vbulletin->GPC[COOKIE_PREFIX . 'skipmobilestyle'] AND !$vbulletin->GPC[COOKIE_PREFIX . 'userstyleid'])
{
$styleid = $vbulletin->options['mobilestyleid_advanced'];
}
-elseif ($mobile_browser && $vbulletin->options['mobilestyleid_basic'] && !$vbulletin->GPC[COOKIE_PREFIX . 'skipmobilestyle'])
+elseif ($mobile_browser AND $vbulletin->options['mobilestyleid_basic'] AND !$vbulletin->GPC[COOKIE_PREFIX . 'skipmobilestyle'] AND !$vbulletin->GPC[COOKIE_PREFIX . 'userstyleid'])
{
$styleid = $vbulletin->options['mobilestyleid_basic'];
}

Kc
Jan 20th, 2012, 05:00 PM
OK! Mobile should be fixed. Let me know what you think. Be sure to use 1.9 version of mobile.

Kc
Jan 20th, 2012, 05:15 PM
Just a quick glitch to add. The mobile chat has a grey box behind the time stamp. Not a big deal. I'll fiddle with it Monday.

nikvoodoo
Jan 20th, 2012, 05:17 PM
oh dear god thank you. I was getting so tired of the mobile theme and the generaly inability to like post

Kc
Jan 20th, 2012, 05:24 PM
Whenever you post from mobile devices it now says it in the post too

nikvoodoo
Jan 20th, 2012, 05:25 PM
oooo nice touch

nikvoodoo
Jan 20th, 2012, 05:26 PM
Test!

Kc
Jan 20th, 2012, 05:39 PM
(but you only see it from the full forum if you post via mobile. Any other bugs?

Wicked Sid
Jan 20th, 2012, 08:13 PM
I'm pretty sure that's all the ones I've come across.

Thanks for the fix up!

nikvoodoo
Jan 21st, 2012, 07:30 AM
Here's a new one: If you're set up for PMs when you get new reputation, the link to the post in the PM doesn't take you to the actual post. It just links you to the top of the thread page the reputation was posted on.

Kc
Jan 21st, 2012, 09:05 AM
Here's a new one: If you're set up for PMs when you get new reputation, the link to the post in the PM doesn't take you to the actual post. It just links you to the top of the thread page the reputation was posted on.You might need to help me test that on next week. That's very specific

nikvoodoo
Jan 21st, 2012, 12:27 PM
You might need to help me test that on next week. That's very specific

Gladly. :) It may have been going on longer, but since the forum was basically dead during that time and very little rep was given its hard to say.