PDA

View Full Version : favorite post-apocalyptic movie

reaper239
Jan 4th, 2012, 12:45 PM
name says it all, so POST UP!!!!!!

one of my favs is prolly a boy and his dog. of course i love fallout 3 and new vegas, and there was a lot of draw from that movie, but still.

abayarts
Jan 4th, 2012, 04:07 PM
Children of men is one of my favorites. For some reason I can't think of anymore at the moment. O_o

Cabbage Patch
Jan 4th, 2012, 04:35 PM
Night of the Comet. It's got zombies, fast cars and Valley Girls toting submachineguns! What's not to love?

Wilsas
Jan 5th, 2012, 02:54 AM
I guess my favorite would be The Road. The atmosphere must have got me :)

smalls kenobi
Jan 28th, 2012, 12:25 PM
Miracle Mile is my Favorite PRE-Apocalyptic movie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1N5FBXs1ZWw

Lukas A.
May 31st, 2012, 01:03 PM
I'm guessing u guys have never seen any of the Mad Max movies? Fallout was inspired by Mad Max

7oddisdead
May 31st, 2012, 02:29 PM
Book of Eli gets my vote...though most everything else mentioned is a close second

Osiris
May 31st, 2012, 04:14 PM
Rain Man.

VEE
Jun 1st, 2012, 12:25 AM
http://content8.flixster.com/movie/25/61/256198_det.jpg

BoomerXL
Jun 1st, 2012, 04:54 PM
Haven't seen a lot of older post-apocalyptic movies, but of the newer ones I really enjoy The Road, Children of Men, Book of Eli and The Dead, oh yeah I almost for about 28 Days Later

Loyal Retainer
Jun 2nd, 2012, 06:02 PM
Rain Man.

Definitely, definitely K-Mart.

zombietime
Jul 10th, 2012, 09:07 PM
for me its 28 days later..

To those who keep saying this is a "ZOMBIE MOVIE", get a grip and face reality please. The general consensus of zombies in fiction is that they are reanimated corpses who feast on the living and act on the instinct to feed alone. The infected in 28 Days Later do neither. While they've been shown to bite people, this is merely a way for them to infect non-infected. There's a huge difference between being dead and having been reanimated, i.e a zombie, and being infected with a virus that makes you overflow with rage against anyone non-infected. The only real goal the infected have in 28 Days Later is to infect or kill any non-infected. The infected are also not dead as they are very much alive, the Rage virus has merely made them lose all capability of reason and even self-preservation. As the virus name suggests, they act on Rage alone. However, they are NOT DEAD, they do NOT FEED ON THE LIVING and as thus they are NOT ZOMBIES and it is therefore NOT A ZOMBIE MOVIE. It's merely a viral outbreak movie. No matter what anyone says the fact is it's not a zombie movie. Deal with it. As for the movie itself, it's really good and if you haven't watched it you need to, immediately. As many others have said the ending is meh but overall the movie is good and deserves a watch.

VEE
Jul 11th, 2012, 01:24 AM
for me its 28 days later..

To those who keep saying this is a "ZOMBIE MOVIE", get a grip and face reality please. The general consensus of zombies in fiction is that they are reanimated corpses who feast on the living and act on the instinct to feed alone. The infected in 28 Days Later do neither. While they've been shown to bite people, this is merely a way for them to infect non-infected. There's a huge difference between being dead and having been reanimated, i.e a zombie, and being infected with a virus that makes you overflow with rage against anyone non-infected. The only real goal the infected have in 28 Days Later is to infect or kill any non-infected. The infected are also not dead as they are very much alive, the Rage virus has merely made them lose all capability of reason and even self-preservation. As the virus name suggests, they act on Rage alone. However, they are NOT DEAD, they do NOT FEED ON THE LIVING and as thus they are NOT ZOMBIES and it is therefore NOT A ZOMBIE MOVIE. It's merely a viral outbreak movie. No matter what anyone says the fact is it's not a zombie movie. Deal with it. As for the movie itself, it's really good and if you haven't watched it you need to, immediately. As many others have said the ending is meh but overall the movie is good and deserves a watch.

It's a Zombie Movie