PDA

View Full Version : Quick question about the behemoths

StickUpKid
Dec 29th, 2011, 01:59 PM
hey i was listening to the first season again and in the arena riley puts and arrow through a big ones head. but it doest kill him. are they immune to headshots in a sense or is it the leather hide they have that may have stopped the arrow.

nikvoodoo
Dec 29th, 2011, 03:45 PM
Well, we know they aren't immune since Kalani dispatched two with shots to the head. The lower velocity of the arrow in addition to the thicker skin means riley's arrows aren't the ideal behemoth killing weapon. She got that one in the weakest part of the skull, so it seems (as of now at least) that its bullets or nothing.

panzerfaust
Dec 29th, 2011, 09:41 PM
Or she barely grazed the brain of the thing or its vital point is somewhere else

Eviebae
Jan 2nd, 2012, 07:05 PM
Well, we know they aren't immune since Kalani dispatched two with shots to the head. ...

Was it two shots to the head or into the mouth? It reminds me of pioneer stories I've read. The main character is menaced by a bear and has to shoot into the mouth because their skulls are so thick.

Kc
Jan 3rd, 2012, 10:02 AM
Was it two shots to the head or into the mouth? It reminds me of pioneer stories I've read. The main character is menaced by a bear and has to shoot into the mouth because their skulls are so thick.
Kalani did say "Open Wide" and refereed to Jaws a lot in the scene. So, yes, he shot it in the mouth.

yarri
Jan 3rd, 2012, 10:08 AM
My 2 cents as well as I've got my tin foil hat on this morning so... here goes...

I think that a behemoth has a very tiny brain it can do like 4 things.. Eat, breath, kill, and poop. I think its brain has been sucked down its neck hole and consists of a brain stem and a very limited amount of brain tissues maybe something the size of a walnut so its hard to hit. It's also in cased in a large amount of muscle, as it bares a strong resemblance to a muscle bound gym rat and I've not met many of the steroid popping crowd that had many brains to start with.

Eviebae
Jan 6th, 2012, 08:21 PM
My 2 cents as well as I've got my tin foil hat on this morning so...

But it's a lovely tin hat and the crinkles really set off the rabid gleam of insanity sparkling in your eyes!
O_o