PDA

View Full Version : Release season set before podcast?

chrisbrow
Dec 8th, 2011, 01:44 PM
Ok so here is my question will you guys be selling season 3 prior to the the planned release schedule of the POD cast? I ask because it seems you would be able to offer a bit of suppy and demand to us listeners that would gladly shell out 15 or 20 dollars for the season to prevent from waiting out the release schedule.

nikvoodoo
Dec 8th, 2011, 03:11 PM
Moved from top news.

This isn't possible because the podcast gets recorded a chapter at a time and gets released as the podcast. Only when the season is fully released will a chapter set be possible.

Litmaster
Jan 19th, 2012, 04:54 PM
Ok so here is my question will you guys be selling season 3 prior to the the planned release schedule of the POD cast? I ask because it seems you would be able to offer a bit of suppy and demand to us listeners that would gladly shell out 15 or 20 dollars for the season to prevent from waiting out the release schedule.

Christof is trying this approach over at Leviathan Chronicles. It's a good idea if the story is something that has been totally conceived, written, and recorded in full before you ever decide to publicize it. But yeah, as it stands now, Leviathan hasn't come out with anything new in a year or so, and I wonder how many fans from the first season have just lost interest waiting around for Season 2 to come out.

What about recording an 'extended version' of each episode for purchase-- say, 30 minutes of content instead of just 20, and the extra 10 minutes covers certain tangents and sub-plots not totally essential to the main story, but interesting for real fans.

Example: a 10 minute scene that shows how Michael escaped from water works...

Of course, there's still the problem of having a deadline, and enough time to make this happen, but I'd pay for the extended versions if Kc ever came out with such a thing.

Wicked Sid
Jan 19th, 2012, 05:03 PM
That would create the problem of an increased workload for all involved. The actors do this pretty much for free, Kc has to work another job and plan his editing around that, not to mention recording times, extra studio costs, increased server hosting costs and a segregation of the audience.

Although it may be a good idea, it's just not feasible at present time.