PDA

View Full Version : Inc/ink - "The Marked One" & Radon Labs & Prison Experiments

wh33t
Dec 2nd, 2011, 08:59 AM
Like many, I'm listening to the entire series again to be nice and current for January 2nd and I'm having some thoughts.

I'm probably really slow to the starting line (perhaps at an imaginary race too haha) here but I realized that there was a lot of foreshadowing about Ink. I can't remember which episode it is but you hear a newscaster talking about some mental patient called Ink or something to that affect.

Then we have Durai, the notorious other antagonist which seems remarkably in the know about how the Zombies operate (he attempts to kill the local Zombie HQ). From what I remember Latch and Scratch discussed how Durai had "plans" for the tankers which caused the conflict between the two groups of survivors. This conflict began well before we actually witness the attack on Zombie HQ indicating that perhaps Durai had known for sometime what was going on at the Arena which makes me think even more so that he's somehow much more in the loop than has been revealed to us.

Is it possible that Radon labs, Ink, Duria are linked? Perhaps the ex-prisoners are much more in the know than we give them credit for? My general theory for this is the short reference to Radon Labs, my short but what I believe to be very real knowledge of prison experimentation, the foreshadowing of Ink and of course Durais' apparent uncanny comfort and confidence in this whole fiasco?

Where my theory falls apart is that according to Kalani there was a Zombie outbreak in Hawaii too, possibly at the same time. So if that is true I can't see how any experimentation on the local prison population could affect Hawaii so quickly.

So my theory needs more research. Is there any current thread where all of our "Ink" information is gathering in one place? If not I may have to start it here. Please feel free to voice your support/critque against my theory and also post Episode numbers and times in the episodes where Ink like information is revealed.

nikvoodoo
Dec 2nd, 2011, 09:45 AM
There is indeed a thread or two concerning Sir Pimp Ass Zombie. As this thread primarily concerns itself with the Mallers and what they know (specifically Durai) we'll leave it alone and let it stand on its own instead of rolling it into one of those.

But for your viewing pleasure!

Colored and Marked and Tattooed Ones Oh My! (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?1254-Colored-and-Marked-and-Tattooed-Ones-Oh-My!)

Isn't it Odd the Pinstripe Guy was alone (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?2083-Isn-t-it-odd-that-the-Pinstripe-suit-guy-was-alone-.....-Theories)

Ink is a "good guy"? (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?2080-Ink-is-a-quot-good-guy-quot)

There's just a couple of the threads in the Zombie Theory Section (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?77-Zombie-Theories) concerning ye olde Pimpin'.

wh33t
Dec 2nd, 2011, 09:51 AM
There is indeed a thread or two concerning Sir Pimp Ass Zombie. As this thread primarily concerns itself with the Mallers and what they know (specifically Durai) we'll leave it alone and let it stand on its own instead of rolling it into one of those.

But for your viewing pleasure!

Colored and Marked and Tattooed Ones Oh My! (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?1254-Colored-and-Marked-and-Tattooed-Ones-Oh-My!)

Isn't it Odd the Pinstripe Guy was alone (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?2083-Isn-t-it-odd-that-the-Pinstripe-suit-guy-was-alone-.....-Theories)

Ink is a "good guy"? (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?2080-Ink-is-a-quot-good-guy-quot)

There's just a couple of the threads in the Zombie Theory Section (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?77-Zombie-Theories) concerning ye olde Pimpin'.

Excellent! Thanks Voodoo!!

nikvoodoo
Dec 2nd, 2011, 10:09 AM
Excellent! Thanks Voodoo!!

I am here to serve. :)

Grognaurd
Dec 6th, 2011, 07:24 AM
To add to this,

Latch and Scratch and maller red shirt #1 (cant remember his name) are talking about the theft of the tanker and how He had plans for the tankers.

A later plan was to blow up the arena. Are they related?

Durai talks really smooth how many times have you said " Oh, come now" -- outside of the bedroom? ; ) He also has a lot of Charisma. Not unheard of in Max-Security Prison. But, certainly not common. Albeit that this is an assumption that Durai was there as a convict...

Burt talks about the wall safe and said he had some of his best pieces in that wall safe and that he had a buyer.

Saul's Mother was at the colony. Hopes Mom was at the Arena. In this story I do not think of coinicidence, I think design.

Burt has some serious hardware. Life is not like a roleplaying game where you walk into a bar and meet five people that become your best friend in the whole wide world and then stroll across the street to ask the Inn Keeper where is the first dungeon and could you mark it on my map. As a survivalist, Burt could get the stuff. Alternatively, if Raydon is under an "Umbrella" megacorporation and Burt was connected in some way is another. Also, Raydon Labs has to be linked to something big with lots of "Labs" because the outbreak happens in many cities and international.

Ground Zero is located in a really crappy (Real Life) Neighborhood. Raydon Labs is probably linked to ground zero. Lizzy thinks Saul's apt is a dump. Burt thinks it is the ritz compared to his. Why would a high end black market arms dealler (think Nicholas Cage in God of War movie) live next door to a crack house?

In the first episode, the first zombies (Sorry Michael) sees have scars and bruises at 11:00 AM. Not long after the initial outbreak. Seems to me these are "Old Zombies"

Ink is in custody at outbreak. Recently convicted. His family was shocked or devasted or asshamed or something. Maybe TOWTM = Ink = Jeffery Dalmer before outbreak.

Lastly is more general. In good short story or episodic writing, there are very few throw away lines. There just is not room for them. To Wit:

The first time we hear of evidence of zombies dragging away live and or dead is at what Burt calls One hell of a firefight. This (1) Links Zombies to Traps. (2) Puts in place pieces for Second Tower. (3) Reinforces that both Burt and Lizzy are damn good at shooting. (4) and most important for everything is connected... It is Raining. So, there is no way to track where the zombies dragged away the casualties because the blood trail was washed away

nikvoodoo
Dec 6th, 2011, 09:24 AM
Rain doesn't wash away blood. We had that conversation during chapter....22 I think? in regards to finding the gory mess at LAX. Had they not been chased from the area they might have been able to follow the trail

wh33t
Dec 6th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Rain doesn't wash away blood. We had that conversation during chapter....22 I think? in regards to finding the gory mess at LAX. Had they not been chased from the area they might have been able to follow the trail

It's possible they cleaned the blood up then isn't it? I mean they are setting traps, one of them can talk and possibly experiment and plan... Cleaning up a little blood doesn't seem like much of a stretch. However I'm not sure if you are trying to make a point or just clarifying.

nikvoodoo
Dec 6th, 2011, 12:31 PM
It's possible they cleaned the blood up then isn't it? I mean they are setting traps, one of them can talk and possibly experiment and plan... Cleaning up a little blood doesn't seem like much of a stretch. However I'm not sure if you are trying to make a point or just clarifying.

Clarifying. Blood doesn't get clean without a heavy duty chemical cleaner. If it goes uncleaned, it gets discolored and stains. Especially going into cracks of the pavement would make it a nightmare to try to clean up.

And I sincerely doubt the zombies carry around the industrial strength cleaner needed to clean blood off the sidewalk.

wh33t
Dec 6th, 2011, 12:36 PM
Clarifying. Blood doesn't get clean without a heavy duty chemical cleaner. If it goes uncleaned, it gets discolored and stains. Especially going into cracks of the pavement would make it a nightmare to try to clean up.

And I sincerely doubt the zombies carry around the industrial strength cleaner needed to clean blood off the sidewalk.

I wouldn't think that the Zombies would carry it. But perhaps Ink himself might do something to clean it up. Or perhaps there is some other unknown entity(s) that we don't know of yet.

Grognaurd
Dec 6th, 2011, 01:14 PM
I think the LAX was more about the Hydrolic stuff not washing away. That was my bad. I think the copter gore was limited to the inside of the chopper.

But, Didn't you know the fire fight took place in the Rain. LOL, My post, my rules. It also muffled the sounds of the gunfire. Any posters or lurkers know about gunfire in a closely packed low level (less than 3 floors) urban environment? I live in the wild and even though the Skeet shooting range is more than a couple of miles away, I hear it. Ok, do not like that one? It started to rain shortly after or because it was raining, they could not see the blood stain on the asphalt (roads). IS there asphalt or is it concrete (sidewalks) out there? heck, where I live we do not even have side walks.

Thanks for doing all that you do Nik!

Grognaurd
Dec 13th, 2011, 07:22 AM
So, I was listening to “Purgatory.” When Samantha describes her tower, she explicitly states the ambush occurred “in the rain” The rain can also be heard in the background along with screams and gunfire. In the rain, the red blood cells will break open and all the hemoglobin (red) will diffuse and be washed away in the rain. So, I am doubling down on my belief that even the rainstorm was there for a reason.

Ray
Apr 5th, 2012, 02:14 PM

Not true. Rain can and will easily wash away blood if it's raining is hard enough. It had been raining for quite awhile before they even went out, the team from the other tower was attacked earlier in that same downpour, so them being attacked and blood going everywhere it's very possible that the blood did wash away. Quite easily given how hard it was raining and that they were ambushed because of the inclement weather being perfect for springing a trap. Blood stains if it sits and has a chance to dry, it was pouring when they went out so it didn't have any time to dry or sit in one spot. It would have inside the cars, but not on the pavement.

I think the LAX was more about the Hydrolic stuff not washing away. That was my bad. I think the copter gore was limited to the inside of the chopper.

There was a hydraulic leak, but they were cleaning up the guys that got attacked inside the helicopter. They even talked about the pilots head still being inside his helmet. That's why Saul said he couldn't help since he had an open wound, and Victor gave him shit about not helping, hydraulic fluid wouldn't hurt him but infected blood would. Plus, the cleaning materials they had wouldn't clean up a hydraulic spill and they wouldn't really worry about it further than wiping excess fluid away to prevent a slip hazard. They were cleaning up gore, not hydraulic fluid.

nikvoodoo
Apr 5th, 2012, 04:18 PM
And you're certain it was raining when CJ's team was ambushed?

And if the evac team at Lax was in the first two days when we know it didn't rain, there's no way blood cleans off in rain alone without a cleaning agent.

Grognaurd
Apr 6th, 2012, 03:50 AM
Nik, when Samantha relates her story to Datu, it is raining in the background of the flashback.

reaper239
Apr 6th, 2012, 06:19 AM
I am here to serve. :)

how bout a coke with ice? maybe a cheeseburger and some fries to go with that? i'm sorry, i couldn't stop myself

nikvoodoo
Apr 6th, 2012, 10:22 AM
how bout a coke with ice? maybe a cheeseburger and some fries to go with that? i'm sorry, i couldn't stop myself

Will that be for here or to go sir?

Can I interest you in super sizing your order for an additional $1.49?

reaper239
Apr 6th, 2012, 10:26 AM
Will that be for here or to go sir?

Can I interest you in super sizing your order for an additional $1.49?

where do i swipe my credit card? :excited::omgomg::excited:

Ray
Apr 10th, 2012, 12:32 PM
And you're certain it was raining when CJ's team was ambushed?
Yes, Samanthas flashback was about that ambushed and the rain can clearly be heard.

And if the evac team at Lax was in the first two days when we know it didn't rain, there's no way blood cleans off in rain alone without a cleaning agent.
They were'nt cleaning up blood, they were cleaning the gore and mess in the back of the chopper. Cleaning up dried blood on the ground would be a waste of time, that's why they went into the chopper and cleaned that up. Saul didn't help because of his PIC line and instead went to go get cleaning supplies (then stole a car and ran off looking for Liz)

EDIT TO ADD:

Why would they even look for a trail coming from LAX? By that time they had already known that the Arena was where they concentration of them was, and they had tracked Datu down and saved him from there. Following a trail from LAX wouldn't gain them anything that they didn't already know without risking too much. I don't see why that's relevant or important, because by that time they had already established their base so to speak and they were planning on leaving anyway. I don't get why this is important to the story or plot. Is there something I'm missing in your comment?

nikvoodoo
Apr 10th, 2012, 03:50 PM
Yes, Samanthas flashback was about that ambushed and the rain can clearly be heard.

Been a while since I listened to chapt 10. I think I always associated the rain with the attack on the other tower.

They were'nt cleaning up blood, they were cleaning the gore and mess in the back of the chopper. Cleaning up dried blood on the ground would be a waste of time, that's why they went into the chopper and cleaned that up. Saul didn't help because of his PIC line and instead went to go get cleaning supplies (then stole a car and ran off looking for Liz)

I'm not talking about the interior, I'm talking about outside and blood being present on the pavement/Tarmac. Point being the bodies from the evac attempt are gone. We know zombies steal bodies. We know rain cannot completely wash blood away from pavement (though you dispute that aspect of my assessment which is fine). What you quoted and responded to was in my response to arthur who was saying there's no way anyone could follow a blood trail from the ambush of the convoy because of the rain.

EDIT TO ADD:

Why would they even look for a trail coming from LAX? By that time they had already known that the Arena was where they concentration of them was, and they had tracked Datu down and saved him from there. Following a trail from LAX wouldn't gain them anything that they didn't already know without risking too much. I don't see why that's relevant or important, because by that time they had already established their base so to speak and they were planning on leaving anyway. I don't get why this is important to the story or plot. Is there something I'm missing in your comment?

Here's the failure to communicate: the ambush sight is well before Datu is captured. If BSL wasn't chased from the scene by TOWTM maybe they find a clue about the arena earlier.

Ray
Apr 10th, 2012, 04:31 PM
I'm not talking about the interior, I'm talking about outside and blood being present on the pavement/Tarmac. Point being the bodies from the evac attempt are gone. We know zombies steal bodies. We know rain cannot completely wash blood away from pavement (though you dispute that aspect of my assessment which is fine). What you quoted and responded to was in my response to arthur who was saying there's no way anyone could follow a blood trail from the ambush of the convoy because of the rain.

I agree that rain can't completely wash away blood, but if it's hard enough then it can make following a trail very difficult. Don't forget that one of the Mallers did say that they had 40 radios and could hear everything the Tower guys were saying. They could have picked up the location of the Arena from those radio messages. (just a theory)

Here's the failure to communicate: the ambush sight is well before Datu is captured. If BSL wasn't chased from the scene by TOWTM maybe they find a clue about the arena earlier.

Ah, okay. I see what you mean now, I completely missed that exchange. Had it not been raining I'm sure it would have been clear which direction they left the ambush site from. Might have changed the whole sequence of events if they decided to pursue that course of action. I think they had more pressing matters with the hospital and power issues to find out the direction the zombies dragged the dead and turned though.