PDA

View Full Version : Crossed

Hellbringer
Dec 1st, 2011, 06:24 PM
Just read an issue of this from the Austin ComiCon. Wow, this is a disturbing series. I picked it up thinking there would be similarities the plague in the series and a zombie apocalypse, and let me just say that I hope zombie survivors don't act like the Crossed folks.

Oh, and Garth Ennis is one sick puppy.

Eviebae
Aug 5th, 2012, 06:13 PM
I started to read that series and decided to wait till a compilation. They were too short. And, yeah, he's one sick puppy and a half.

Loyal Retainer
Aug 23rd, 2012, 12:50 AM
There are a ton of them out now seeing how they started back in 2008. There's Crossed Volume One (2008), Crossed: Family Values (2011), Crossed: Psychopath (2012) which is probably the most fucked up of them all which is really saying something, Crossed: Badlands (2012), and Crossed: Wish You Were Here (2012) which comes out next month as an entire volume if I'm not mistaken. They also just started a new arc in one the series (I can't remember which one off the top of my head) where it follows a teenage kid as the outbreak starts at a carnival.

With all that said I think they are some of the most twisted, depraved, and crazy comics I've ever read. They're good if you don't mind being highly disturbed by the depths of human evil.

Deacon_Tyler
Oct 23rd, 2012, 12:29 PM
Ugh, the survivors are worse than the crossed. Truly disgusting and non enjoyable series and my heart sank every time I read one of their horrible stories :/

Hellbringer
Oct 23rd, 2012, 02:34 PM
Ugh, the survivors are worse than the crossed. Truly disgusting and non enjoyable series and my heart sank every time I read one of their horrible stories :/

It does make you wonder if there could ever be a happy medium between blind hope and optimism and down right depressing negativism which focuses on the worst aspects of human behaviour.

Deacon_Tyler
Oct 23rd, 2012, 08:36 PM
It does make you wonder if there could ever be a happy medium between blind hope and optimism and down right depressing negativism which focuses on the worst aspects of human behaviour.

SO true! Zombie stories are maddening for that very reason - the vast majority of them are all exactly the same! Normal person encounters zombies, meets survivors, some die, one gets bitten and turns, meets up with a villain, more die, realization that the humans are worse than the zombies, zombies take over, most or all die, the end.

Night of the living dead
Dawn of the dead
Day of the dead
Walking dead
Dead world
Crossed
Zombie
Etc etc etc