PDA

View Full Version : TV Show Suggestions

Creem_Filling
Nov 29th, 2011, 01:04 PM
Lately my main form of entertainment has been tv show, basically what I can find on Netflix. Like, really good story stuff, not that reality tv crap. Since the general "tv" tab here didn't really give suggestions, I'm looking for some new shows. Some really good one I've found (and have known about in some cases) are:

Doctor Who
Being Human (UK)
The Walking Dead (of course)
Dollhouse
Warehouse 13

I offer those off the top of my head for any new suggestions. I'm going to be trying Caprica, Being Human (US), Torchwood, Firefly, and Full Metal Alchemist in the coming weeks.

reaper239
Nov 29th, 2011, 02:18 PM
dude, you've never seen firefly? anyhow, try the good guys, and burn notice is on netflix now.

nikvoodoo
Nov 29th, 2011, 02:43 PM
dude, you've never seen firefly? anyhow, try the good guys, and burn notice is on netflix now.

Burn Notice is clutch. Check it out.

If you're into Ye Olde English stuff....but what a healthy dose of sex and violence with it check out the Tudors.

MancheeLivesOn
Nov 29th, 2011, 02:44 PM
The only way I can summarize Firefly is pure awesomeness extract... and space zombies too.

Wicked Sid
Nov 29th, 2011, 05:43 PM
A third vote for Burn Notice.

And also, check out Breaking Bad. Great show.

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Jan 24th, 2012, 07:25 AM
I just got hip to this show on BBC America called "The Fades."
I caught the last 10 min of an episode the other night and i'm hooked already. Something about the dead trying to break into the land of the living and a group of people trying to stop them. Saw some guy get chomped by a group of zombies/ghouls type creatures. Nice!

Creem_Filling
Jan 24th, 2012, 07:30 AM
I just got hip to this show on BBC America called "The Fades."
I caught the last 10 min of an episode the other night and i'm hooked already. Something about the dead trying to break into the land of the living and a group of people trying to stop them. Saw some guy get chomped by a group of zombies/ghouls type creatures. Nice!

I've seen commercial for that while watching Doctor Who. It does intrigue me. I've also been wanting to try Lost Girl on Syfy.

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Jan 24th, 2012, 10:02 AM
I've seen commercial for that while watching Doctor Who. It does intrigue me. I've also been wanting to try Lost Girl on Syfy.

Lost Girl has some promise. I've watched both episodes so far and the banter is very crisp and you need to be hip to a lot of pop culture to follow some of what the characters say or stuff they reference. It's also adult oriented. The action could be improved, but it's not "Hercules" campy either.

The whole Fey angle is refreshing. No more Vamps, Werewolves or wack witches.

smalls kenobi
Jan 26th, 2012, 06:59 PM
where do i start!

The 4400 - a show about people with super powers that was 10x better than Heroes

Terminator: TSCC - it started off weak but brace yourself for the epicness that is season 2

The IT Croud - Funniest nerd show i've ever watched, don't believe me, i'll fight you for it!

The Unit - the Allstate Guy + the T-1000 = Awesome spec ops military show

MST3k - Just for Fun ;P

Ugly Americans - it's funny...

Workaholics - it's a lot funnier than you think, i blew it off for a while, it didn't interest me. then i watched episodes 1&2 out of boredom, and i was HOOKED. it's really good

Game of Thrones - need no introduction

Razorw1re
Jan 26th, 2012, 09:36 PM
Breaking bad (really, watch a "malcolm in the middle" first just to see Bryan Cranston, then compare his characters.)
The Walking dead (however I think WA is a better story (no offense to the comic fans)
American horror story (Great and very twisted. I was going to make it a drinking game in which you take a drink everytime a ghost comes on screen... but I dont have a big enough liver for that)

GodofInsanity
Jan 27th, 2012, 12:51 AM
I have bit into this Alcatraz right now. Firefly is a must. If you like Burn Notice, try some other USA stuff, Royal Pains and Necessary Roughness were good. I like Being Human both UK and US versions (UK has more meat to it imo). Plus my old standouts, NCIS, Criminal Minds, and House. Sanctuary and Eureka also are worth the time.

Hellbringer
Feb 12th, 2012, 06:46 PM
Lost Girl has some promise. I've watched both episodes so far and the banter is very crisp and you need to be hip to a lot of pop culture to follow some of what the characters say or stuff they reference. It's also adult oriented. The action could be improved, but it's not "Hercules" campy either.

The whole Fey angle is refreshing. No more Vamps, Werewolves or wack witches.

We just had ourselves a Lost Girl marathon this afternoon while waiting for the Walking Dead.

What a nice lazy day we had.