PDA

View Full Version : Walking Dead action figures!

Pteranodon
Nov 8th, 2011, 07:48 PM
Wasn't interested in these till I watched youtube reviews of the Zombie "Lurker" and "Roamer" and now I want both! I'm gonna 'haunt' TRU till I find these.... The one's fully dismemberable, the other has a lever on its back that makes its head explode!

jwaj2002
Nov 8th, 2011, 08:38 PM
tru? whats that? links?

Pteranodon
Nov 9th, 2011, 11:42 PM
TRU is short for Toys R Us....

Had my choice of all 4 figures- Roamer, Lurker, Blood-spattered Rick Grimes, or some chick from the comic book (haven't read the comic yet) Sherrif Rick is supposed to be harder to find but they had about 17 of him (and he costs $3 more than the other figures), but only 2 of each Zombie.

I'm only gonna blow $17 on a 4 1/2 inch action figure once, so it was a VERY tough choice- I got the "Zombie Roamer" cause of the "Head-Splitting Action" and it rules!!! I'd post a video review on youtube if only I knew how....So I'll ramble about it here instead...

Haven't bought a new McFarlane figure since (probably) the "Nightmare Spawn" several years ago (I avidly collected Spawns back in the late 90s-mid 00s) This little guy hearkens back to the 'glory days' of McF comic book/horror figures and they've really outdone themselves. The packaging is beautiful, the sculpt is awesome, the figure would be disturbing even without the action feature but that just sends it WAY over the top. You have to take it out of the package to appreciate the full gruesome awesomeness: the "Head-Splitting" elevates this immensely cool zombie figure all the way up to Legendary status in my book! They haven't done an action feature this cool since the Violator Clown's transformation-action (way back in Series One!). My only complaint? The head's a little too loose to hold the axe- yes, there's an axe that's supposed to fit into the huge gash in the zombie's split skull- but it comes packed with a clear rubber band so you could display it with that, maybe paint it to resemble a headband.

This is one of the coolest McFarlane figures EVER, despite the diminutive size (shorter than my 5" Dr Who figures) Yeah I'm a sucker for 'gimmicks', but the sculpt would hold up even at a larger scale- if they released a 12" version without the exploding head I'd probably buy it.