View Full Version : V had it right...

gaijinpunk
Nov 5th, 2011, 10:33 AM
Remember, remember the Fifth of November,

the Gunpowder Treason and Plot,

I see no reason

why Gunpowder Treason

should ever... be... forgot.

"People shouldn't be afraid of their governments, Governments should be afraid of their people..." (so some wack-a-doo in a military research lab doesn't think it's a good idea to cross the black plague with mad cow disease, screw up and start the zombie apocalypse then wipe out humanity! Just saying...) :zombie:

nikvoodoo
Nov 5th, 2011, 11:18 AM
Happy Guy Fawkes day England!

reaper239
Nov 8th, 2011, 06:10 AM
“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure.” — Thomas Jefferson

if they're doing it wrong, start a revoloution.

DISCLAIMER: ATTENTION GOVERNMENT, I AM NOT ADVOCATING A REVOLOUTION AGAINST THE CURRENT REGIME. THIS IS A COMMENT MADE IN JEST.

just in case big brother's watching ;)

Creem_Filling
Nov 8th, 2011, 07:06 AM
ATTENTION GOVERNMENT, I AM ADVOCATIONG A REVOLUTION AGAINST THE CURRENT REGIME.

I have always been a strong believer in anarchy, but I'm also not complaining about the current state of things. If a revolution were to happen, so be it. If it were not, whatever.

Luna Guardian
Nov 8th, 2011, 07:07 AM
ATTENTION GOVERNMENT, I AM ADVOCATIONG A REVOLUTION AGAINST THE CURRENT REGIME.

I have always been a strong believer in anarchy, but I'm also not complaining about the current state of things. If a revolution were to happen, so be it. If it were not, whatever.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the lazyest anarchist ever!

Creem_Filling
Nov 8th, 2011, 07:08 AM
Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the lazyest anarchist ever!

Hey! I just don't wanna stir up trouble with the really patriotic Americans that we have laying about.

Luna Guardian
Nov 8th, 2011, 07:10 AM
Hey! I just don't wanna stir up trouble with the really patriotic Americans that we have laying about.
"Laying" being the (in)operative word ;)

reaper239
Nov 8th, 2011, 07:16 AM
anarchy is appealing to the libertarian in me, however, the pragmatist in me knows that anarchy would be wildly impractical, and would merely serve to bring us under the rule of a foriegn power. i do advocate a return to the original limitations of our government set by the constitution BUT NOT BY REVOLOUTION *yelling at the satelites overhead :tinfoil:* ah big brother, feeding paranoia since the revoloutionary war.

edit: btw, true patriots (patriotism as established by the founding fathers) are resoundingly anti-government. the founders sought a place where individual liberties would flourish, with the absolute minimum ammount of government required to defend those freedoms. oh the irony that what was made to defend, now offends.

mem
Nov 8th, 2011, 10:53 AM
put on your foil hat
find a baseball bat

yell at the man
no matter where you are at

get on the news
express your views

hear the others chantin and hummin
revolution she be a comin

Pteranodon
Nov 8th, 2011, 08:39 PM
Two great quotes from the greatest Patriots ever:

"Those are governed best who are governed least."
-- Thomas Jefferson

"Government is not reason, nor eloquence. It is force. And like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearsome master."
-- George Washington

nikvoodoo
Nov 8th, 2011, 08:47 PM
Two great quotes from the greatest Patriots ever:

"Those are governed best who are governed least."
-- Thomas Jefferson

"Government is not reason, nor eloquence. It is force. And like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearsome master."
-- George Washington

Since this thread was originally talking about a UK Holiday.......these quotes would technically be from traitors to the crown from their perspective. :p

reaper239
Nov 9th, 2011, 03:45 AM
oh i didn't know this was about a UK holiday. well, happy holiday in the UK.