PDA

View Full Version : We're Alive Timeline

Th3_T3ch
Oct 26th, 2011, 05:14 PM
I have a rough timeline that I would like input and help on.

May 8- Outbreak Begins/ Tower Secured/ Riley and Pegs Saved/ Bill found

May 9- Lizzie Found/ Lobby Re-Secured/ Mr. Whiskers Found/ Store Made

May 10- Plans made for Scavenging Mission/ Gun Training/ Pegs starts on sign

May 11- Scavenging Mission/ The New Arrivals find Tower/ Roof Accessed/ The Flower Pot Overrun/ Burt Saved

May 12- Tower Re-Secured/ Rules made

May 13- Jobs Implemented/ Bill Infection Problem/ Journals started

May 18- Kalani crashes at LAX

May 19- Kalani enters the Other Tower/ Convoy Ambush

May 22- Other Tower overrun/ Kalani enters Arena/ Samantha Enters the Arena/ Hope, Sean, James escape to the Colony

June 26- Power runs out/ Pumping station team leaves/ Convoy Ambush found

June 27- Saul tails the Mallers/ Burt and Lizzy save Saul from the hybrid

June 28- Saul Returns/ Scent idea started/ Sweat Experiment/ Ant idea

June 29- Tagging Mission/ Lizzy knocked out/ Riley tells Michael they have two years/ Latch and Scratch come to the Tower

June 30-Water station recon/ Michael goes missing/ Water stops working/ Skittles warns recon group about Arena

July 1-

July 2- Datu enters the Arena

July 3- Datu and Kalani saved from Arena/ Pinstripes enters the Tower/ Kalani tells his story/ Michael returns

July 4- Kalani on Guard Duty/ Party

July 5- War with Mallers/ Bill died/ Tommy died/ Saul shot

July 19- Simon Killed/ MPK head south

July 20- Boat crash/ Victor finds MPK

July 21- Colony discovered/ Angel and Kalani head out to get MRE's

July 22- Angel and Kalani escape from the behemoth/ Lizzy kicked out of the Tower

July 23- Latch's Body dropped off/ Skittles saves Angel and Kalani from the behemoth/ Lizzy captured by Mallers

July 24-

July 25- Michael wakes up/ Victor, Tanya, Kelly, Michael, Pegs, Hope leave the Colony/ Marcus killed

July 26- Saul gets treatment from his mom/ Saul and Burt head out in search of Lizzy/ Mallers not in Mall/ Pippin enters the Tower/ “Hen” found/ Mallers ambushed by Pinstripes/ Mallers blow up Arena

July 27- Pippin killed/ Datu and Kalani head out to “Hen”/ Victor and Pegs go near ground zero/ Victor and Pegs arrive at LAX (“Hen”)/ Kalani trains Pegs/ Lewis takes the fall for Pippin's death/ Roofs cleared

July 28- Hospital crew go to hospital/ “Rooster” found/ Saul runs off/ Saul finds remains of Arena/ Saul contacts Mallers/ Exchange set up/ Tower attacked by Scratch/ Kalani dies/ Tower destroyed/ Saul and Victor go missing/ Burt and Angel almost (might have) died/ Michael, Pegs, Datu, Riley, Hope, Tanya, and Kelly fly away from the remains of the Tower

Problems include-
Datu, Angel, and Riley spent an extra day out of the tower.
The last three or four days aren't determind.
The other towers attack is a rough estimation.
The towers activity during the venture in the colony isn't proper.

nikvoodoo
Oct 26th, 2011, 06:12 PM
Looks good to me for the most part! <br />
<br />
There are some order issues (like the water station mission is listed before the water cuts out) but those are minor adjustments. <br />
<br />
I think there might be...

Kc
Oct 27th, 2011, 08:54 AM
EDIT: We are in August as of Chapter 18 according to Kc. (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?83-Time-of-year&p=844&viewfull=1#post844)

End of Chapter 24 we are at August 2nd. So you can just do some minor tweaks.
//// SCRATCH THAT. My dates were off.

Grognaurd
Oct 27th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Nick, I think the wreckage of the convoy was found in the day, but, it was raining heavily.

They leave the Tower, come across the convoy, pick up Lady and booze, drive past the Prison on the way to the fuel station, find and start to fill a tanker. Saul makes the comment, and there it goes... or something like that as the sunsets. Or, that is how I remember it anyway.

Roliden22
Oct 27th, 2011, 02:28 PM
hello everyone, i am new here.. when does the new season begin.. i finished "this is it", chapter 24 and cant wait for more!!

nikvoodoo
Oct 27th, 2011, 02:30 PM
hello everyone, i am new here.. when does the new season begin.. i finished "this is it", chapter 24 and cant wait for more!!

There is not a set date. Vote here to guess when it comes back (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?2525-We-re-Alive-Return-Contest-2.0-%28REMIX!%29)

And you are correct Arthur. Like I said I was never sure if I made it a night time encounter simply because it's creepier/I'm pretty sure the power went out at night. I might be mistaken and if I get more than 10 seconds to myself sometime tonight I'll listen again. But I was pretty suite incident with forcing Kelly outside and that rainstorm (which was the same one) happened at night.

Pikepaw
Oct 28th, 2011, 01:59 PM
I hate to be nit-picky and I appreciate the hard work that went into this approximate timeline. However you mixed up the helicopters. The LAX coastguard helicopter is code named "Rooster" and the hospital Bell helicopter is the "Hen".

As Victor puts it, "The Green Rooster is the big coastguard one and the Bell Hen is the one from the hospital"

nikvoodoo
Oct 28th, 2011, 03:55 PM
I listened again and I think the collection of candles threw me off. I know it makes sense when power goes out and Kelly trying to lead an exodus on foot makes no sense at night at all.

Todd Wainio
Oct 30th, 2011, 08:52 AM
Hello there. Here's my attempt at a timeline, hope it's helpful(I've highlighted the episodes where a date is mentioned):

Season 01:
08.05.2009: wa-1-1-itbegins, wa-1-2-itbegins, wa-1-3-itbegins, wa-2-1-thetwothings
10.05.2009: wa-2-1-thetwothings, wa-2-2-thetwothings, wa-2-3-thetwothings
11.05.2009: wa-2-3-thetwothings
12.05.2009: wa-2-3-thetwothings, wa-3-1-thenewarrivals, wa-3-2-thenewarrivals, wa-3-3-thenewarrivals
13.05.2009: wa-3-3-thenewarrivals, wa-4-1-rulesandregulations
14.05.2009: wa-4-2-rulesandregulations
15.05.2009: wa-4-3-rulesandregulations, wa-5-1-ladyandthetink, wa-5-2-ladyandthetink, wa-5-3-ladyandthetink
16.05.2009: wa-5-3-ladyandthetink, wa-6-1-theremainsofeasternbay, wa-6-2-theremainsofeasternbay, wa-6-3-theremainsofeasternbay
17.05.2009: wa-6-3-theremainsofeasternbay
28.06.2009: wa-7-1-bloodsweatandfears, wa-7-2-bloodsweatandfears
29.06.2009: wa-7-3-bloodsweatandfears, wa-8-1-wheredoyougotosleep
30.06.2009: wa-8-2-wheredoyougotosleep, wa-8-3-wheredoyoutosleep, wa-9-1-theroadtolivingdeath, wa-9-2-theroadtolivingdeath, wa-9-3-theroadtolivingdeath
01.07.2009: wa-9-3-theroadtolivingdeath, wa-10-1-purgatory, wa-10-2-purgatory, wa-10-3-purgatory, wa-11-1-randr, wa-11-2-randr
03.07.2009: wa-11-2-randr, wa-11-3-randr
04.07.2009: wa-11-3-randr, wa-12-1-thewar, wa-12-2-thewar, wa-12-3-thewar, wa-12-4-thewar

Season 02:
04.07.2009: wa-13-1-separatedyingembers, wa-13-2-separatedyingembers, wa-13-3-separatedyingembers
05.07.2009: wa-14-1-outoftheashes, wa-14-2-outoftheashes, wa-14-3-outoftheashes
24.07.2009: wa-15-1-desperatetimes, wa-15-2-desperatetimes, wa-15-3-desperatetimes
25.07.2009: wa-16-1-overtheairwaves, wa-16-2-overtheairwaves, wa-16-3-overtheairwaves, wa-17-1-theremightbeothers, wa-17-2-theremightbeothers, wa-17-3-theremightbeothers
26.07.2009: wa-18-1-noplacelikehome, wa-18-2-noplacelikehome, wa-18-3-noplacelikehome
01.08.2009: wa-19-1-the-catalyst, wa-19-2-the-catalyst, wa-19-3-the-catalyst
02.08.2009: wa-20-1-aboutlastnight, wa-20-2-aboutlastnight, wa-20-3-aboutlastnight, wa-21-1-markofthebeast, wa-21-2-markofthebeast, wa-21-3-markofthebeast
03.08.2009: wa-22-1-ourdoubtsaretraitors, wa-22-2-ourdoubtsaretraitors, wa-22-3-ourdoubtsaretraitors, wa-23-1-thedevilsworkshop, wa-23-2-thedevilsworkshop, wa-23-3-thedevilsworkshop, wa-24thehardertheyfall

Th3_T3ch
Nov 12th, 2011, 05:49 PM
Todd, I'm glad I'm not alone with this want to get the story in a timeline. What you've failed to see is that there are events that are missing when going by the chapter titles. Good work though, I shall compare notes now. Also thanks Nik and others. Also Kc, you've just made it easier to figure out NOTHING!!! I still don't know how many days went by since MPK left the colony.

Th3_T3ch
Nov 12th, 2011, 06:18 PM
The timing of Lizzy departing the Tower is off. The chapter title was "About Last Night" meaning/assuming Lizzy was kicked out the night of the Colony rebellion and hostile take over. So as MPKVTH were escaping the Colony, back in LA Lizzy was being booted from the Tower. She was captured in the morning/afternoon The Colony crew returned. So in your timeline, that puts Lizzy being kicked out comes on July 25, and gets kidnapped on the 26th.

The other obvious issue arises where we know that the Colony storyline and the Kalani/Angel storyline, while told simultaneously, did not occur at the same time. Otherwise Angel wouldn't have necessarily have been so spry when he met everyone down in the garage. He's had time to heal from his gashes.

EDIT: We are in August as of Chapter 18 according to Kc. (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?83-Time-of-year&p=844&viewfull=1#post844)

So... I appreciate the help. Lizzy had to be kicked out at least a day before MPKVTH left the colony. The proof is that Burt says he was out most of yesterday and last night looking for her. Kelly says in the first part of "desperate times" that it has been two weeks since she last wrote in her journal.

nikvoodoo
Nov 12th, 2011, 09:27 PM
You're right on both counts. I didn't listen far enough when I was checking. He first only mentions being out that night, then says after that he'd been out the previous day.

And I totally forgot Kelly gave us a time frame. What does throw me off horribly is Kc saying back when we were listening to chapter 18 the story was in August, but that obviously can't be the case. i think Kc giving the chapter 24 date is very helpful. At least there's a solid end date to count backwards from. we have far more accurate timings in the last few chapters vs 16-19 (or so).

shananala8
Dec 12th, 2011, 12:23 AM
Ok, I know I've been gone for quite a while, and I know I've said I would get it up on here before, BUT to those who are interested, I have a crazy detailed timeline for the story already written up. Problem is, it's in a notebook (kind of fitting now that I think about it) and I took a break between recording all of the details on paper and transferring them to a clean, attractive, electronic format. Between two new jobs, school, personal stuff, and the off-season, WA kind of got pushed onto the back burner for a bit.
Now that things have calmed back down and the semester ends this week, I'm determined to finish this project I started months ago. If anyone has any suggestions on a good program to use for making a timeline or has anything they would like to see included, I would love to hear it.

Right now, the timeline is organized by day and from there breaks down into approximate time that events in the story happened. Looking at the story this way gives a pretty good feel for what a day in the tower is like and how action packed some days could be for them. My notes also include where in the timeline characters are first introduced, where characters leave us, and a couple other little things like that. It also notes where individual episodes start and end, so that may help with tracking down events in the story when you want to re-listen to something.

Kc
Jan 3rd, 2012, 07:23 PM
I'd love to see someone move forward with this and maybe make it part of the wiki. Any volunteers? Something that everyone can edit and put in the pieces. Heck, even I might contribute ;)

nikvoodoo
Jan 3rd, 2012, 07:27 PM
I'd love to see someone move forward with this and maybe make it part of the wiki. Any volunteers? Something that everyone can edit and put in the pieces. Heck, even I might contribute ;)

Love it! Do we know if there's a way to make a graphic timeline in the wiki? or do we need to do it list format like th3_t3ch did originally?

Grognaurd
Jan 4th, 2012, 06:27 AM
I have been thinking about this. I think we can have several versions.

1) Have things documented in a very organized for as a list. We have to start somewhere.
2) Almost the same as (1), but constructed laterally. |------>
3) Take the events out of the list and write them on a "monthly planner". The ones that have a blank box for each day and fits on a single piece of paper.
4) More rigorous, but what I have already been thinking about in my mind is a hybrid. A Project Manager variant. Important events are given their own "line" and major milestones are shown. It kinda would look like this where " . " is actually a spacebar keystroke. I do not know if this interface compresses spaces etc.

[-----Event 1 -----|| milestone 1 || -------- || milestone 2 || ---------------]
...........................[---------------- Event 2 ---------]...............................
......................................[---Event 3 --].................................................
........................................[ -- Event 4 ---- || milestone 3 || ------------]..

We can see how things overlap. Like when Edward Scissor Kitty prepares to go all Jason like on the upcoming Friday the 13th. Meanwhile Lady is singing should I stay or should I go now....

Kc
Jan 4th, 2012, 08:31 AM
Love it! Do we know if there's a way to make a graphic timeline in the wiki? or do we need to do it list format like th3_t3ch did originally?
Not sure, but the person who would know is from the Vault Wiki site. We could contract him out to help us make a template possibly.

Kc
Jan 4th, 2012, 02:05 PM
Just talked with the Wiki guru. No can do. We can do the ordered list like we have here.

shananala8
Jan 10th, 2012, 04:09 PM
Ok, it may not be perfect for fitting in with the Wiki, but I found some software online that I think could work well with the information I've collected for it. Check it out and let me know what you guys think. I'm entering Season 1 into it now to see how it looks so hopefully I can share that soon. Here's the link to the software along with a few examples at the bottom:

http://timeline.cer.jhu.edu/

Kc
Mar 12th, 2012, 10:53 AM
I have made a wiki page called Timeline. With a link here. Amongst everyone's editing skills I think it can become refined.

Adventureless_Hero
Mar 12th, 2012, 11:37 AM
I have listened to WA from start to finish so many times I have lost count (in the double digits), but episodes 27-2 has just slapped me in the face and said, "you don't know shit! go back and put the pieces together!"

Thanks! Time to dust of my WA Note Pad.

Adventureless_Hero
Mar 12th, 2012, 01:17 PM
Okay, so in 10-2 Samantha makes brief mention that the convoy was attacked in the rain. Can we go back and listen to the chapters where it was raining. From memory alone I know it rained during 4-3 when Michael was threatening to kick Kelly to the curb.

Grognaurd
Mar 20th, 2012, 07:54 AM
Hero,

The rainstorm:
We hear the rain clearly and Michael references it as you say with Kelly
When Samantha relates to Datu the events regarding the loss of the convoy we can hear the yells, gunshots and rain

Indirect, When Saul/Burt/Lizzy (SBL) find the ambush site, there is no mention of blood stains. Additionally, It is also mentioned "What happened to all the bodies". This is the first time we hear of that behavior. Although, it is later repeated at the tower.

I think we hear a second raistorm when Michael, Saul and Angel are in the tower. I think it is when they are going over the Time Ripples, although it may be the guard came and they come up with the concept of the nest.

So, I think the convoy is ambushed in the AM on the day SBL go out for fuel and find the aftermath of the attack.

Adventureless_Hero
Mar 20th, 2012, 08:53 AM
Hero,

The rainstorm:
We hear the rain clearly and Michael references it as you say with Kelly
When Samantha relates to Datu the events regarding the loss of the convoy we can hear the yells, gunshots and rain

Indirect, When Saul/Burt/Lizzy (SBL) find the ambush site, there is no mention of blood stains. Additionally, It is also mentioned "What happened to all the bodies". This is the first time we hear of that behavior. Although, it is later repeated at the tower.

I think we hear a second raistorm when Michael, Saul and Angel are in the tower. I think it is when they are going over the Time Ripples, although it may be the guard came and they come up with the concept of the nest.

So, I think the convoy is ambushed in the AM on the day SBL go out for fuel and find the aftermath of the attack.

That makes some sense and I can see you are using your best judgement. I would also be inclined to say the same thing had I not been working on the timeline very thoroughly the passed week or so. I can't in good judgement say that the convoy was attacked the same day SBL go out for the fuel, or even the night prior, only because of this: that day is June 25th, four days prior to Riley specifically mentioning the date of June 29th.

If the convoy was attacked the same day Kalani arrived at CJ's tower, then that means Kalani arrived at CJ's tower on June 25th. This creates all sorts of havok in the timeline since we know Kalani didn't arrive at the Arena till three days after he arrived at CJ's tower, which would be June 28th. That is just two days prior to Datu showing up. I just can't imagine Kalani arrived at the Arena two days prior to Datu. That would mean Samantha was likely in there for just a day or two.

I'm going to say that between May 14th and June 25th, we have a huge window of possibility. I'm still working on the timeline though and hope that I can have something strong by the time I am done.

Kc
Mar 20th, 2012, 08:59 AM
I just can't imagine Kalani arrived at the Arena two days prior to Datu. That would mean Samantha was likely in there for just a day or two.

He definitely wasn't. BUT it definitely wasn't 20 days as Samantha suggests. In that one room with no light or something to do, she loses track of time very easily.

ALSO: There's a lot of days missing from Michael's Tower that aren't covered in the beginning because nothing happened on those days. Large gaps, that weren't eventful for our survivors, but were for CJ. In other words, the rains aren't going to line up. Saul, Lizzy and Burt find the convoy a while after they were attacked.

Adventureless_Hero
Mar 20th, 2012, 09:32 AM
He definitely wasn't. BUT it definitely wasn't 20 days as Samantha suggests. In that one room with no light or something to do, she loses track of time very easily.

ALSO: There's a lot of days missing from Michael's Tower that aren't covered in the beginning because nothing happened on those days. Large gaps, that weren't eventful for our survivors, but were for CJ. In other words, the rains aren't going to line up. Saul, Lizzy and Burt find the convoy a while after they were attacked.

That's actually quite comforting to know. In the timeline I'm working on here (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showwiki.php?title=Timeline&viewfull=1&page=1&do=comments#post36178), you can see that I didn't have actual dates for when the convoy was attacked, when kalani arrived at CJ's tower or at the arena. Knowing that there was a large portion of our towers events not being covered, I feel more confident leaving May15 through June 10th as uneventful times. In my head I can see the events of I mentioned above occurring mid-June.

Although the way I had it set up kind of worked out to where Samantha was in the Arena roughly 20 days. I believe she did have her info wrong since she couldn't see the light of day, but so far it would still work out pretty nicely if she were right.

Grognaurd
Mar 23rd, 2012, 03:25 AM
Great! I was not able to link that day anywhere. I knew there was a gap, but could not connect to early or late, so in my mind, I placed it closer to the outbreak than the war

Todd Wainio
Apr 3rd, 2012, 09:35 AM
Glad to see that the “official” timeline is matching to at least 95% with my own. But I have one last question. In episode 11-2 (at approximately 09:00) Lizzy says: “Those are the sweat jars and you almost knocked them over. That’s like three weeks’ worth of work.” So my question is, if the creation and the testing of the sweat jars were all on the same day according to the official timeline, where does these three weeks of work mentioned by Lizzy fit in?

Raven
Apr 3rd, 2012, 09:46 AM
5 minuets before Lizzie scratched Kelly's eyes out and 15 before she goes to Kelly's room?
Honestly I think they were continuing gathering sweat jars when they could but after the tagging events they didn't do any more experiments.

Todd Wainio
Apr 3rd, 2012, 09:56 AM
The tagging events were happening just one day after they tested the sweat jars, so that isn't an explanation for the three weeks either.

Adventureless_Hero
Apr 3rd, 2012, 10:32 AM
Glad to see that the “official” timeline is matching to at least 95% with my own. But I have one last question. In episode 11-2 (at approximately 09:00) Lizzy says: “Those are the sweat jars and you almost knocked them over. That’s like three weeks’ worth of work.” So my question is, if the creation and the testing of the sweat jars were all on the same day according to the official timeline, where does these three weeks of work mentioned by Lizzy fit in?

You are absolutely right. That is an inconstancy, but we should take her quote with a grain of salt. If you look at the timeline, the sweat jar experiment takes place on June 29th. That day they dumped all the sweat jars out that Lizzy took with her for the experiment. We have no idea if she took ALL the sweat jars with her for that first experiment. So perhaps she left some behind. Either way, the jars were being filled beginning on June 28th. The day that Kelly searches Lizzy and Riley's room takes place on July 3rd. That is only about one week for them to be filling jars. Perhaps Lizzy was mistaken. When you have no TV and are living in the zombie apocalypse, perhaps one day feels like three?

The short answer, with all the dates I looked at, and recorded, it seems that Lizzy and the tower folk had only one full week to fill sweat jars before Kelly went searching through there room that day, not three. So yeah, Lizzy either was wrong, or her quote throws the whole schedule out of whack. KC, care to chime in?

tarcher
May 24th, 2012, 01:13 AM
May 11- Scavenging Mission/ The New Arrivals find Tower/ Roof Accessed/ The Flower Pot Overrun/ Burt Saved

I failed miserably on that one over and over again. I blame the flower pot. Something wasn't just right with it - somebody must have sabotaged it. If it would have been from serenetaflowers.com (http://www.serenataflowers.com) I wouldn't have had any problems at all but the damn flower pot -.-