PDA

View Full Version : Burt said that piloting doesn't look hard

L8on
Oct 20th, 2011, 09:18 AM
I think that Burt maybe could fly, he's not dead

7oddisdead
Oct 21st, 2011, 02:09 AM
Burt also thought running the tower wouldn't be that hard....and that only helped to compound the situation they are in now....much as I love Burt....i highly doubt he could pilot a chopper

Miss
Nov 5th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Ive recently done a re-listen of season one and two and Ive noticed that Burt seems to have a major issue of letting go of control, externally and internally. The comment about how easy flying looks could be just a way of feeling in control

nikvoodoo
Nov 5th, 2011, 12:57 PM
Ive recently done a re-listen of season one and two and Ive noticed that Burt seems to have a major issue of letting go of control, externally and internally. The comment about how easy flying looks could be just a way of feeling in control

Burt also has trust issues. He's always questioning things especially when they involve him and dangerous situations (like bringing Lizzy along for the Gas Tanker mission). He knows he can trust himself, but he's never exactly sure he can trust anyone else. And even lately, he can't trust himself with the shakes....though that problem may have worked itself out after he left the airport.

Miss
Nov 5th, 2011, 10:57 PM
Burt also has trust issues. He's always questioning things especially when they involve him and dangerous situations (like bringing Lizzy along for the Gas Tanker mission). He knows he can trust himself, but he's never exactly sure he can trust anyone else. And even lately, he can't trust himself with the shakes....though that problem may have worked itself out after he left the airport.
You do have a point about trust with Burt, still in the process of figuring him out and I hadnt thought of that at the time of my last post, but now that I think about it, could be a combination of control AND trust issues

Grognaurd
Nov 29th, 2011, 09:02 AM
I have to relisten, but I think I am right...

One thing that rings in my mind is when Burt and Saul are out looking before finding the chopers. Saul wants to keep looking even if everyone else leaves. Burt reminds Saul about the advantages of searching from the air and then says he will stay with Saul until they find Lizzy.

These types of fragments grab me. If everyone leaves, who is going to fly?

Nothing is written in stone and even if it is, I have not had access to the stones to read them. But, there are to independent incidents linking Burt to flight. Although it is a stretch and can be easily dismissed, he references another location that could have small choppers. Info that could easily be known as an everyman skill that news chopppers fly out of van nynes??? But, he would also be more likely to know it if he did have that connection.

What I hope does not happen is that Burt learned enough watching the demo to fly it himself. I have been told that they are not as easy as it looks and links the amount of input / feedback required akin to that of riding a unicycle on a bowling ball.