PDA

View Full Version : Apartment Photos

Kc
Sep 23rd, 2011, 11:46 AM
The Apartment section is currently under construction, graphically. Here's a small preview of where it is right now. Obviously, more to come...

j0be
Sep 23rd, 2011, 11:52 AM
So... ideas to fill it.

Different type of entertainment stands, (all the same height)
Different TVs (crt, projection, flat-screen)
Entertainment Consoles (Xbox, Wii, PS3, NES)
Seating (Couch, Recliner, Folding chairs)
Defenses (guns, knives, etc.)
Rugs
Stuffed animals
Posters
Different colors of wallpaper?

Kc
Sep 23rd, 2011, 11:54 AM
So... ideas to fill it.

Different type of entertainment stands, (all the same height)
Different TVs (crt, projection, flat-screen)
Entertainment Consoles (Xbox, Wii, PS3, NES)
Seating (Couch, Recliner, Folding chairs)
Defenses (guns, knives, etc.)
Rugs
Stuffed animals
Posters
Different colors of wallpaper?
Oh! That's all covered ;) I have a stack of stuff to import... Lots of good stuff.

j0be
Sep 23rd, 2011, 11:57 AM
Please tell me there's a zombie stuffed animal. I'd have him tossed in the corner.

Kc
Sep 23rd, 2011, 11:59 AM
Please tell me there's a zombie stuffed animal. I'd have him tossed in the corner.
You find it, I'll put it in: http://www.turbosquid.com
When you look, find things that are compatible with 3ds Max. That's the system I use. Oh and V-ray if it matters, but most of the time I can convert it if it's not. V-ray is jsut the material type inside of 3ds max.

Lavitz
Sep 23rd, 2011, 12:04 PM
I'm a 3d modeling student and I can pretty much model anything that would be put into an environment and make it realistic.
So let me know if you want some 3ds models. I can even show WIP in my forum in the art section for the models if you want.

Kc
Sep 23rd, 2011, 12:06 PM
I'm a 3d modeling student and I can pretty much model anything that would be put into an environment and make it realistic.
So let me know if you want some 3ds models. I can even show WIP in my forum in the art section for the models if you want.
That'd be great! You use 3ds max?

Lavitz
Sep 23rd, 2011, 12:07 PM
Yep, and I have a week left of break so I'll need the practice before classes start back up.

Kc
Sep 23rd, 2011, 12:11 PM
Yep, and I have a week left of break so I'll need the practice before classes start back up.
Can you think of something super specific that you would want to include in the room that's part of the show? There's a few items in the Survival items in the wiki that might be handy- Oh! Like a Composition book!

Lavitz
Sep 23rd, 2011, 12:12 PM
Here are some models I did for a studio where I'm living:
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q239/Leviathan-ryder/Renders.png
So let me know if you need any models, and of course for free.

nikvoodoo
Sep 23rd, 2011, 12:32 PM
If we want to make it truly accurate to the story and the Tower, I think we should transform the two windows into the balcony sliding door. That might screw up a lot of the plans for decorations, but just a thought.

Or maybe eliminate the windows where they are and make that a solid wall and the wall that's currently solid to the right turns into the balcony entrance.

Kc
Sep 23rd, 2011, 12:35 PM
If we want to make it truly accurate to the story and the Tower, I think we should transform the two windows into the balcony sliding door. That might screw up a lot of the plans for decorations, but just a thought.

Or maybe eliminate the windows where they are and make that a solid wall and the wall that's currently solid to the right turns into the balcony entrance.
Yeah, I hear that. I am thinking about that... I might put something on the far right. This could be a corner apartment. All the layouts are a little different.

Kc
Sep 23rd, 2011, 01:04 PM
Update #2. Yes. It might have been a quick update, but I've been working on scale for a little while. Little things still need to be fixed, and various options will come about. But this is a good place to start. 1228

nikvoodoo
Sep 23rd, 2011, 01:12 PM
Oh. My. God....who ever lives in that apartment.....their feng shui is all wrong.

;)

Kc
Sep 23rd, 2011, 02:20 PM
Oh. My. God....who ever lives in that apartment.....their feng shui is all wrong.

;)
feng shui is bullshit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrkmN3MLTAM

Kc
Sep 28th, 2011, 12:00 PM
Working on the outside view. Pay no attention to lighting ATM, and some details have been removed for fast rendering.

Kc
Sep 28th, 2011, 12:44 PM
1246 had to change a few camera parameters, so I have more tweaking to do, but here's something.

Creem_Filling
Sep 28th, 2011, 12:47 PM
What program are you using for this? Because you're getting amazing results compared to the one I use.

abayarts
Sep 28th, 2011, 02:12 PM
Wow. really nice. Can't wait to see the final outcome. Wish I can do 3D models. Looks fun.

Kn1ckerb0cker33
Sep 28th, 2011, 02:22 PM

;)

Assuming you might are being serious (I can't tell sometimes), you do realize this is a "zombie apocalypse" don't you? Aside from that, it doesn't take feng shui to create a cohesive "flow" in a house/apartment.

But if you aren't being serious, it's a zombie apocalypse!

Also I have a feeling that most people "who do feng shui" aren't doing it "right" (if there is a "right way" to begin with).

Kc
Sep 28th, 2011, 03:44 PM
What program are you using for this? Because you're getting amazing results compared to the one I use.
3ds Max with V-ray. I've been doing this for a while now, and while I don't do the modeling, I know enough to know how to make what I have work, knock out walls, fix textures, etc...

Much better Feel, with Sliding door in place and better atmosphere.

nikvoodoo
Sep 28th, 2011, 04:29 PM
My name is Nikvoodoo, and I approve of the previous message and associated picture.

Kc
Sep 29th, 2011, 08:33 AM
1249 Still doing some adjusting, but here she is so far. The first image had a few mistakes in it. I left a cup that was half hanging out of the couch and the sliding door was REALLY blue. 1250Second image is much better. But, I made it darker, which I'm not sure if the best idea. It's harder to see things.

Kc
Sep 29th, 2011, 09:00 AM
Playing with lighting again...

Kc
Sep 29th, 2011, 09:29 AM
NightLight 1252

Kc
Sep 29th, 2011, 09:50 AM
1253 OK< I think this is our lighting scheme. Now for Prop manipulation now and options.

reaper239
Sep 29th, 2011, 11:03 AM
is there any way to make a lounge that each group can customize?

Kc
Sep 29th, 2011, 04:42 PM
Ok, Here she is. A few more final touches to go. I might put a water bottle in there or a few swap outs, but I think she's ready.

Amisiel
Sep 29th, 2011, 05:03 PM
EEE its so well done!

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Sep 29th, 2011, 05:05 PM
I'm digging the last picture KC. Love the weapon choices, but the MRE boxes had me laughing pretty good. I haven't seen a TV like that since I was 11. LOL.
Great job as always man.

Ziggi
Sep 29th, 2011, 05:09 PM
Shaw shank redemption

reaper239
Sep 30th, 2011, 05:59 AM
Ok, Here she is. A few more final touches to go. I might put a water bottle in there or a few swap outs, but I think she's ready.

so will everyone get their own apartment, will it be customizable?

7oddisdead
Sep 30th, 2011, 06:38 AM
so will everyone get their own apartment, will it be customizable?

hopefully someone who knows better than i will answer, but i believe they have said no. though i wonder, and this just me throwing ideas at the wall..

how difficult would it be to reduce the number of weapons in the room, then give the members the ability to choose what they have? could do that with the movie posters as well. again, just thinking aloud.. :)

Kc
Sep 30th, 2011, 11:47 AM
hopefully someone who knows better than i will answer, but i believe they have said no. though i wonder, and this just me throwing ideas at the wall..

how difficult would it be to reduce the number of weapons in the room, then give the members the ability to choose what they have? could do that with the movie posters as well. again, just thinking aloud.. :)

There will be SOME customization. That's the overall plan, but We'll see how that goes.

Kc
Oct 3rd, 2011, 12:09 PM
12851286 Here are some of the baseline images. More to follow with a variation of options.

Kc
Oct 12th, 2011, 04:52 PM
1307 The Objects and Shadows and now separate!!!! Full control over the objects in the scene!

smalls kenobi
Oct 12th, 2011, 04:53 PM
looks awesome! cant wait

Kc
Oct 12th, 2011, 04:57 PM
1308 Within seconds the scene can change entirely...

Photoshop file with layers: https://files.me.com/waylandprod/cze8se
Password to download file? Send me an e-mail.

Kc
Oct 14th, 2011, 04:30 PM
I uploaded all the posters to test out. They're in newartwork folder, then AP and posters.

Zombiphobe
Jun 26th, 2012, 11:26 AM
I was just wondering if anything ever come of this? Did it ever get added as a feature to the wesite/forum?

Kc
Jun 26th, 2012, 11:58 AM
Not yet. The photos are done, but the backend wasn't programmed yet. J0be was working on it, but he doesn't have much time any more

Duffusmonkey
Aug 23rd, 2012, 05:42 PM
Thats cool! You have skills in 3D modeling in all the areas that I don't have. I am always impressed with people that do things that I am not good at.
I need to learn a new 3D modeling program, that is more photo realistic.

I have been using Solidworks for over 10 years but its focus is on engineering design not so much on surfacing.
The home copy didn't have the photoworks package so everything looks rough.

I converted a spare bedroom into my hobby/Dork Den but first I designed it in Solidworks

http://pissmeyer.com/Images/DorkDen3.JPG

I even modeled the PC, keyboard and monitor, That's a Coolermaster Storm PC case I used when building my PC.

http://pissmeyer.com/Images/DorkDen4.JPG

I was almost done, I just needed to stain the wood.

http://pissmeyer.com/Images/DorkDen4_real2.jpg

But like everything else in my life it soon was taken over by kids and dogs :)

http://pissmeyer.com/Images/DorkDen3_real.jpg

Duffusmonkey
Aug 23rd, 2012, 06:20 PM
At work I have access to better version of the software so I designed this truck and did some renderings for customer approval.
I had a lot of fun on that project because it was the first time I used the photoworks add on software.

http://pissmeyer.com/Images/TruckSolid.jpg

The only major change on the Prototype vehicle was to replace the molded bumper with a tough steel bumper

http://pissmeyer.com/Images/Truckreal1.jpg