PDA

View Full Version : saul's gunshot wound.

werewolf
Sep 17th, 2011, 07:53 PM
something had occurred to me after listen to the series again for about the 10th time. If Michael knew how to make home made chloroform. Why didn't he make some more, to take out bullet out of Saul's wound? That's how it was done for a long time before morphine.

nikvoodoo
Sep 17th, 2011, 07:59 PM
This got covered in some other conversation somewhere else on the forum...though I don't recall where.

The chloroform Michael made was highly unstable and exceptionally dangerous. He knows how to make chloroform that can kill you and warned them in just about as many words when they ran the experiment. If they had tried to do the same with Saul using that same concoction it would have killed him.

werewolf
Sep 17th, 2011, 08:38 PM
even the safest made chloroform can kill. if administered incorrectly.
i am still new here, so if rehash something that was already covered sorry about that.

nikvoodoo
Sep 17th, 2011, 08:48 PM
even the safest made chloroform can kill. if administered incorrectly.
i am still new here, so if rehash something that was already covered sorry about that.

No you're fine....I was saying more for the hope that someone else might remember where it was covered and link to it. There hasn't been a thread dedicated to it anywhere that I'm aware of. That's why I can't find it.

yarri
Sep 18th, 2011, 10:48 AM
something had occurred to me after listen to the series again for about the 10th time. If Michael knew how to make home made chloroform. Why didn't he make some more, to take out bullet out of Saul's wound? That's how it was done for a long time before morphine.

Cause homemade chloroform is unstable and he likes Saul and doesn't want to accidentally kill him off. As a nurse I have a hard time listening to that particular section I hear all the "mistakes" being made in Saul's care and the technique of removing it with actual hardware like pliers and the cauterization with a hammer of all things. . ARGH! It makes me weepy.

Cabbage Patch
Sep 18th, 2011, 10:52 AM
This subject came up in the Loopholes & Inconsistencies thread, and it was acknowledged as an oversight.

werewolf
Sep 18th, 2011, 04:43 PM
come on folks its just fiction.

yarri
Sep 18th, 2011, 04:51 PM
come on folks its just fiction.

Its REALLY good fiction

nikvoodoo
Sep 18th, 2011, 04:54 PM
This subject came up in the Loopholes & Inconsistencies thread, and it was acknowledged as an oversight.

Kc never acknowledged the conversation about the chloroform. We as forum members discussed it, but Kc never weighed in. Thank you for reminding me where the conversation had taken place though.

Devilish Pizza
Sep 18th, 2011, 06:39 PM
Does anyone else think that Saul could be infected with zombie Tommy's blood, but is only a carrier?
A lot like the basis of the re-outbreak of zombies in 28 weeks later.
My belief is that if someone were to get his blood in them then they might turn.

nikvoodoo
Sep 18th, 2011, 07:08 PM
Does anyone else think that Saul could be infected with zombie Tommy's blood, but is only a carrier?
A lot like the basis of the re-outbreak of zombies in 28 weeks later.
My belief is that if someone were to get his blood in them then they might turn.

There is an entire thread dedicated to that subject here: http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?944-Saul-s-quot-Illness-quot

Devilish Pizza
Sep 18th, 2011, 07:15 PM
Ok. Thanks

nikvoodoo
Sep 18th, 2011, 07:19 PM
Ok. Thanks

Mais oui, mon ami.

luna
Sep 18th, 2011, 09:02 PM
I never really got this part either... you would think he would turn, but i hope they keep him on.

awkwardalex
Feb 26th, 2012, 11:57 PM
I know this thread is old but something occured to me listening to the (remastered) Ch. 12 scene where Burt shot Tommy and Saul. I am not sure exactly what gun Burt was using, I just know it was not Shirley (cause he confirms it later) but I distinctly heard TWO rounds, meaning one could have hit Tommy and one could have hit Saul. Is this possible? I mean I know nothing about guns, I am going to learn soon but maybe I'm wrong.

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Feb 28th, 2012, 05:58 AM
Ugh!! Of all the threads, this is the one next to the "Samatha's still alive/Sam's a Zombie" that really gets my goat Burt missed and hit Saul. No through and through. Saul asking him the question about never missing before he passes out is the proof.

reaper239
Mar 1st, 2012, 12:50 PM
Ugh!! Of all the threads, this is the one next to the "Samatha's still alive/Sam's a Zombie" that really gets my goat Burt missed and hit Saul. No through and through. Saul asking him the question about never missing before he passes out is the proof.

idk man, i think they just think he missed because it wasn't a kill :tinfoil: :)