PDA

View Full Version : Zombies vs. Vampires

Grognaurd
Sep 9th, 2011, 07:37 AM
A show that I really enjoy is the "Deadliest Warrior". It is on Wed. on Spike. Usually they do a generic like Spartan vs Nija or East Coat Mafia vs West Coast Yakuza. Recently they are doing more "named" characters like George Washington vs. Napolean. Zombies vs. Vampires is their first way-out fantasy fights. I will watch. I hope it is good and they are not Jumping the Shark (I even remember the original jumping the shark) and the show collapses to Godzilla vs Bambi (I remember that short film also).

If it is good, I will let you know. I imagine they will do a rebroadcast the last week of October

nikvoodoo
Sep 14th, 2011, 12:12 AM
Aside from the obvious love of the Joan of Arc episode (GO CLAIRE!) I really enjoyed the Mafia v. Yakuza episode.

CNN caught wind of it too and posted an article on their homepage (http://geekout.blogs.cnn.com/2011/09/13/un-deadliest-warrior-battle-show-pits-zombies-vs-vampires/?hpt=hp_c2)

Good for Spike TV. Now they have something else getting main stream coverage other than Horror Movie/Video Game awards and TNA wrestling (which no self respecting wrestling fan can watch because it sucks so hard).

Grognaurd
Sep 15th, 2011, 06:08 AM
Listened to most of it. I will watch this weekend from the DVR.

Romero-Zombies as championed by Max Brooks.

Vampires are the modern day version ala 30 days of night, TrueBlood etc. Super strength, celerity, genius level intellect and limited bestial transformation (Lots of sharp teeth and claws).

Fight was setting up to be ~60 zombies to one vampire. With the weight of numbers if the vampire foregoes Situational Awareness and fights in one spot it will be taken down. However, if Fire and Maneuver and Hit and Run tactics are adopted the zombies do not stand a chance. The celerity displayed could be tracked by the human eye, barely. The stat value was 6 x the World’s fastest Olympic sprinter. So, the vampires can instantaneous go from standstill to about 200mph in a blink of an eye. Travel the distance desired and then go from 200mph to 0 in a second blink of an eye.

I wrote this in November last year.

LOL, I just had another out of the box idea. Wouldn't it "suck" to be a vampire in a class 4 outbreak (worldwide). I can imagine classic vampires (not some love-struck teenage blood-bag of angst) trying to fight back against the tide of the zombies. Would it go so far that humans may offer themselves as a sacrificial blood doll as a peace offering to one or more vampires? A close quarters assault force teamed up with a zombie to clear out a small town. How soon would they turn on each other? How much disruption to day to day functions does the distrust ferment? Depending on the power level of the vampire it may be thought of or pose as just another urban Goth.