PDA

View Full Version : Where was the Mallers moving to? Fort Irwin also?

zzfist
Sep 7th, 2011, 03:14 AM
When Micheal and Saul found out that the mallers left the strip mall. All i kept wondering was where are they going? They obviously are planning a long trip, if a rat was still at the tower maybe they found out about the tower's plan to fort irwin. What a crazy event if when Micheal reaches Fort Irwin, Durai is already there.

dontkillburt
Sep 22nd, 2011, 10:43 PM
Well, if Durai is at the fort, he's pretty much there alone. It sounds like all the major maller players were at the tower and are now they are sifting through debris. But if it's the mallers our friends are worried about, now would be a good time to possibly rethink their destination. There was definitely at least one maller rat, and a road trip to Ft Irwin has been in the tower's plan for quite a while. I'm sure the mallers know their next step.

nikvoodoo
Sep 22nd, 2011, 11:02 PM
Durai isn't at Fort Irwin. Fort Irwin is North East of where the Tower is located. He's been identified as being down south somewhere.

7oddisdead
Sep 22nd, 2011, 11:22 PM
Lets make a couple assumptions to build a possible scenario....durai= at the colony...final maller destination however= ft Irwin

That would mean durai is down south looking for supplies/recruits/slaves while scratch and co are tying up loose ends at the "old stomping grounds", then everyone is gonna meet up somewhere in the middle and head north to ft. Irwin?....sorry but this just doesn't seem smart to me...why bother taking out the hive in this area if your just gonna move 150 miles away?

7oddisdead
Sep 23rd, 2011, 02:10 AM
*Hermit senses tingling*

Or perhaps, durai is not in the equation for scratches group at all...at the end we were given some early indication of dissention among the mallers...what if scratch and co DON'T go down south....instead, they use their lifted trucks and the sewer canal system to escape la and head to fort irwin?...

Possible scenario...not my fave...but possible

Grognaurd
Sep 23rd, 2011, 06:19 AM
I also believe Durai was heading south to The Colony. The mallers seemed to have contact with someone in the tower. The discussion between Tar and Scratch lead me to believe they have someone...

nikvoodoo
Sep 23rd, 2011, 07:31 AM
As a person who overhears conversations in foreign languages all the time (Thank you New York City), I can attest personally that when you hear an Anglican word in the midst of what your mind interprets as gibberish it will latch on to it. I think it speaks more towards Pegs not understanding the language that she picked out Marcus' name only. It's also a nod to Kc's storytelling style that he allowed Marcus' name to gain importance by the way Victor/Fernando delivered the line ("Marcus" followed by a long beat of silence...because whatever you say after a long pause......................

It carries the more weight and importance.

^^Much like that sentence gained weight and importance by being separated from the rest of the paragraph. I think Pegs was used as a device to put over the idea of Marcus as the mysterious leader of the Colony.

GeneTwo
Nov 15th, 2011, 09:12 PM
I think Durai and the Mallers are headed to the second bigger tower that fell to the Paul zombie. Kalani was the spy at that tower and once he didn't report in the Mallers checked it out, saw that it was better defended and set up better than the We're Alive tower (WA tower) decided to move in. Also its a better choice once you consider how well the WA tower defended itself with only 4 trained soldiers and like 20+ people.
This fits into my theory that the WA tower's spy defected and stopped reporting to the Mallers. Bill -not the spy- steals the food and ammo because he's a dick. But the Mallers don't attack because they don't know about the theft. Kalani is rescued and when he gets to the WA tower calls the Mallers to see if his Hanna is still alive. He has no loyalty to the tower so he spills the beans about the lack of ammo and the party, then the war with the Mallers happen.
The Mallers decide to move to the second tower because Kalani tells them that its been cleared out. The second tower happens to be in the south, which happens to be close to the Colony. Just my hypothesis about what is gonna happen next. A nice jumping off point for an eventual Maller v. Colony war. Gong to war with the Colony without any place to fall back to that is close by doesn't seem like a great plan. It didn't work out too well for the Mallers when they attacked the WA tower.

Zombiphobe
Nov 16th, 2011, 08:32 AM
I think Durai and the Mallers are headed to the second bigger tower

My first thought was that the Mallers were headed to the Colony. Michael had sent out that directed message from the Colony over the CB radio, and we know the Mallers monitor all of the channels. If they heard the message, they would know there was some established base in the South worth pursuing.

However, after you and other people have mentioned, the Other Tower also seems like a possible destination for the Mallers. We haven't had a confirmed location for the Other Tower and it is could very possibly be located South as well.

Rob.I.Am
Nov 28th, 2011, 12:46 PM
This is just me,
but why would the maller's blow up the arena if they were going to leave?
If they were headed for distant Ft. Urwin,
why would they set precious gas a'burnin'?
They must be headed to the colony or somewhere close,
that's why they want the zombies to roast.
But we all know Kc and his abundant tricks,
I'm sure that he'll fool us, and make us look thick

GeneTwo
Nov 30th, 2011, 01:45 AM
I don't know if this question hasn't been asked before but why aren't the Mallers based at the prison. Saul, Angel, and Burt at least thought it was a good idea at first. Its got thick walls, guard towers, enough food to feed... well a prison, and it must have its own emergency generator just in case the public utilities went down, like in a zombie outbreak for example.

It just seems weird that the Mallers would try to take over the WA tower instead of going back to the prison that's like a million times more secure. What could be in the prison that a bunch of the baddest of the baddest wouldn't even try to go up against. The Mallers had guns, tanker bombs, and an RPG.

Is it the prison guards, instead of abandoning the prison to go to their families, they had their families go to the prison to be safe? Left the prisoners in their cells, rather than share resources.

Did a behemoth take up residence in the prison? Uses the place like a home base like the behemoth at the stadium?

awesumjon
Nov 30th, 2011, 06:59 AM
Hmm. . . Good question.

I think a prison is built to keep people in not out. That's sort of the problem that the other, fallen, tower had when they were jumped by the zombies and the one in the pin-striped suit, remember?

I think they left because i'm sure i'd jump at the chance to be free from prison. I'd imagine they weren't exactly kept up to speed on the whole Zombie Apocalypse thing.

Maybe the just used up all the available resources, that could explain why they tried to take over the WA tower. A bunch of helpless pedestrians low on ammo in a big safehouse ripe for the picking? Then when they lost they had to find other means.

So, Idk where they could be going. Everything's based on real locations right? Maybe that could help us somehow

Anhysbys
Dec 14th, 2011, 02:24 PM
Another idea for why the might be headed for the colony is when Michael broadcasted the long range CB message towards LA, we know the Mallers have tons of CB's (all the tankers they have at the gas depo) and keep them tuned to every channel they can (one of the main reasons the tower still talks in code). They probably picked up the message too. Seems pretty likely they'd check out what was up with that.

Zombiphobe
Dec 15th, 2011, 07:53 AM
Another idea for why the might be headed for the colony is when Michael broadcasted the long range CB message towards LA, we know the Mallers have tons of CB's (all the tankers they have at the gas depo) and keep them tuned to every channel they can (one of the main reasons the tower still talks in code). They probably picked up the message too. Seems pretty likely they'd check out what was up with that.

And if the Mallers are heading to the Colony with Lizzie and whoever else in tow, it would set the stage for another stand-off with the Colony and any potential rescuers from the Tower.

Hollomandious
Dec 15th, 2011, 08:28 AM
Just a note. When i was watching the justinTV broadcast of KC working the audio tacks over, he asked a some question.

"Who in here things Marcus' is dead?" and then he went bck to working and said nothing else about it. I used that moment to state my thoughts about the mallers and the colony. I mentioned that i thought that maybe Gatekeeper was a spy sent to take over the Colony, and he attempted to open the way for the move of the mallers, and i was met with a very quickly and stern, "no... gatekeeper is not a maller."

I just wanted to throw that into the mix.