PDA

View Full Version : Idea for forums - Don't show the forum name in the main screen.

Daddy Doom Bar
Sep 5th, 2011, 02:52 PM
I was just browsing the recent threads, and it showed me that someone had posted in the 'Tower Collapse - who survived' thread. Great, I'm two chapters away from finishing season 2 and now I've had it spoiled. Now I know the tower collapses. Also, someone posted on Facebook that they noticed that Micheal was left in the water tower like you guys had forgot about him. Thanks to that idiot as well. Wish Facebook would add in spoiler tags.

nikvoodoo
Sep 5th, 2011, 03:18 PM
I was just browsing the recent threads, and it showed me that someone had posted in the 'Tower Collapse - who survived' thread. Great, I'm two chapters away from finishing season 2 and now I've had it spoiled. Now I know the tower collapses. Also, someone posted on Facebook that they noticed that Micheal was left in the water tower like you guys had forgot about him. Thanks to that idiot as well. Wish Facebook would add in spoiler tags.

We just want to be clear about the situation: Where did exactly did you see the title that contained the spoiler? on the Forum main page? In the "What's New" search window? As you were browsing Episode discussions?

j0be
Sep 5th, 2011, 03:42 PM
We really can't help facebook, but also, I promise you that that guy doesn't know what he's talking about. And I'm not really sure on what you mean by 'recent threads'. If you mean you were looking at the 'new posts' section, I don't think we're going to change that, because it would be very counter intuitive to encouraging discussion. If you meant the 'last post' on the main page of the forum, I now have a method in place that I think will work for everyone. The thread titles in the discussion forum on the main page of the forum now have a black background with black text. When you hover over them, they reveal themselves.

Daddy Doom Bar
Sep 6th, 2011, 11:34 AM
The tower collapse thing was in the last post of the main page. I finished season 2 about ten minutes ago...christ it was good, but it kinda spoilt it as I knew the tower was going to collapse.

Ra1th
Sep 6th, 2011, 03:21 PM
the tower collapse thing also shows up in the what's new page.