PDA

View Full Version : Have the "rules" changed? A Maller conflict with left over Military?

HorrorHiro
Aug 29th, 2011, 06:31 PM
I think the remnants of the former tower residence are going to run into some pocket of government/military force and certain...events will lead to a confrontation between them and the Mallers. I don't see them fighting the Mallers because of what happened to the Tower though. But regardless do you think that this is at all likely to occur? And if so do you think it would be a conflict consisting of small squad skirmishes between the soldiers and the Mallers, or full on battles between them? And last but not least do you think that knowing that they had an enemy that poses a bigger threat than they'v been faced with up to now would make the Mallers think twice about the "slaves"? What I mean by that is do you think Durai and the other Mallers would start training more of the found survivors and...well...put a gun in their hands for lack of a better term, doing something like this could possibly turn the tides of the conflict if they are going to the Colony.

Cabbage Patch
Aug 29th, 2011, 07:24 PM
I think a lot would depend on the larger picture.

If we're talking about a military force that is essentially another survivor group I think they're likely to be sympathetic toward the Tower survivors and antagonistic toward the Mallers. I can't see much value to going to war with the Mallers unless the Mallers start it. How such a conflict would procede would depend on where the military survivors are located and how they're equipped.

Things change if the military force is part of a larger organization, such as a surviving government trying to re-establish control over Los Angeles. While I still think they would be sympathetic to the Tower survivors, their attitude toward the Mallers would be dictated by political considerations. I can see circumstances in which the military might choose to support the Mallers with supplies and weapons. After all, they are humans and they're fighting the zombies; their various crimes could be sorted out after order is restored. Or the military could be out to eliminate all opposition, zombie or human. In that case the first thing the Mallers might know of the threat is that moment between when the JDAMs pierce the skylight and they explode.

HorrorHiro
Aug 30th, 2011, 01:50 PM
I think a lot would depend on the larger picture.

If we're talking about a military force that is essentially another survivor group I think they're likely to be sympathetic toward the Tower survivors and antagonistic toward the Mallers. I can't see much value to going to war with the Mallers unless the Mallers start it. How such a conflict would procede would depend on where the military survivors are located and how they're equipped.

Things change if the military force is part of a larger organization, such as a surviving government trying to re-establish control over Los Angeles. While I still think they would be sympathetic to the Tower survivors, their attitude toward the Mallers would be dictated by political considerations. I can see circumstances in which the military might choose to support the Mallers with supplies and weapons. After all, they are humans and they're fighting the zombies; their various crimes could be sorted out after order is restored. Or the military could be out to eliminate all opposition, zombie or human. In that case the first thing the Mallers might know of the threat is that moment between when the JDAMs pierce the skylight and they explode.

If the Mallers did get any kind of support from any remaining Military/government survivor groups I doubt that they would actually "join" them so to speak. I think they would amuse the thought of actually helping them in any way, shape, or form other than killing zombies. I doubt that they would immediately consider the Military/government survivors a threat they has to be taken care of sooner than later, but that would most likely result in the Military/government survivors starting a war with the Mallers simply because they aren't on their side. Like when the Confederate states seceded from the union and had every right to do so but the union states waged the war against them they never actually had to do so much as leave their land the union states brought the war to them which is what I think would end up happening. The Mallers would just defend the perimeter of their ever growing territory and not have to do much else until they decided to bring the war to the Military/government group.

Cabbage Patch
Sep 3rd, 2011, 09:35 PM
If the Mallers did get any kind of support from any remaining Military/government survivor groups I doubt that they would actually "join" them so to speak. I think they would amuse the thought of actually helping them in any way, shape, or form other than killing zombies.

I actually imagine a military/government faction would think of a group like the Mallers as cannon fodder. As long as they're taking the fight to the zombies why not provide them with a life-line of munitions and supplies. The moment their utility goes away things will change.

Solanine
Sep 16th, 2011, 09:29 AM
I agree. I would think they would arm the group on the condition that they remained in a certain area and obeyed some other loose regs. That way their could be a relative "safe zone" formed. With so many groups out there, any organised force with a bee in their bonnet about re-forming society would need to absorb/ adopt groups of survivors. Crim's have been used for manual labour for years.

StickUpKid
Sep 20th, 2011, 08:03 PM
i sorta figured if any military would be left they would be at fort irwin, knowing its a safe place essentially