PDA

View Full Version : A Far-Fetched, Alternative Hannah Identity Theory

Jake
Aug 13th, 2011, 05:51 PM
We know that Kalani knew a girl by the name of Hannah. We know that an indeterminate amount of time before his sacrifice, an event occured which gave him reason to tell Angel "That girl? That was my Hannah." Many speculate that this is the redhead whom the Mallers shot in place of Lizzy.

I propose something harder to back up.

We know that two Mallers, named Latch and Scratch, have appeared multiple times in the series. Upon Latch's death, his true name, John, was revealed. As of this point in the series, Scratch's true name has not been revealed. I propose that Scratch's original name was Hannah, and that both her and Kalani were friends, acquaintances, relatives, or lovers before the outbreak began, or else met at some point prior to Kalani's affiliation with the Tower. I also propose that he felt the need to point this out upon hearing Scratch via radio and recognizing her.

The following are assumptions used within this theory: That Kalani knew Scratch, that Kalani had not heard or seen Scratch before The Harder They Fall, that if they met after the outbreak, they became close enough for her to share her real name with him, that Kalani is not the rat as he has not been affiliated with Scratch, that Kalani felt that this would be important as his last words, or useful information to Angel, that Angel does not know Scratch's real name and thus was not well acquainted with her prior to the outbreak.

Can anyone offer evidence for this theory, or shoot it down with Burtesque accuracy?

dontkillburt
Aug 14th, 2011, 12:12 AM
Definitely an interesting take on Hannah's identity, Jake.

My only question would be, Kalani never seemed to be the self-sacrificing type. If his girl was (the still alive) Scratch, then what motivated him to fly his helicopter into the tanker and certain death?

It couldn't have been out of desperation, since we all knew Kalani just curled up in a ball when all hope seemed lost...like he did in the area. Something really serious had to happen for this guy to fold his hand. Witnessing his girl (or maybe daughter) being executed would probably do it. A casual acquaintance with Scratch would not. She's been pretty much a bitch to everyone, including her dead brother.

But maybe you have some thoughts that I'm not considering. This is an interesting alternative Hannah theory for sure.

Jake
Aug 14th, 2011, 06:42 AM
My reasoning is that Kalani and Scratch had a "falling out" of sorts. Her existence is not the reason for his sacrifice, but something he feels he should tell Angel. If Angel had previously known Scratch, he might have also known her name, but wouldn't feel obliged to explain that fact during or after Kalani's sacrifice.

I'd have to take "daughter" out of the potential answers, as there's only an eleven-year difference between the two.

I also have to say that the Hannah as Fake-Lizzy Theory seems a bit tenuous to me. Mine isn't much/any better, but in order for Hannah to be the one shot, the following assumptions must be made: Scratch was holding Hannah as a prisoner, Scratch managed to keep her when everyone evacuated the Mall, Scratch felt that the best use of her was as a dispensable fake Lizzy, that the Tower members present could properly identify her despite her being shot in the head, that they recounted her appearance to Kalani upon returning to him, that he could tell that it was Hannah by their descriptions, and that he felt that he should tell Angel "That girl? That was my Hannah.".

Cabbage Patch
Aug 15th, 2011, 06:35 PM
Far fetched Hannah theories? Maybe Kalani was a big Hannah Montana fan, and the death of the woman at the golf course made him realize that the old world was truly gone, hence no more Hannah. With nothing left to live for he decided to go out in style!

Jake
Aug 16th, 2011, 08:23 AM
I think I prefer that theory.

h3half
Aug 16th, 2011, 09:35 AM
Well this is more of an argument towards the "Hannah got shot" theory, but:

Kalani wasn't at the golf course. He didn't know what happened there. Him, Datu and Pegs were messing around with the helicopter while Saul, Burt, Michael, Riley, and Victor went to the golf course for the trade-off.

That's the problem I have with all these theories. Kalani wouldn't have been like, "What happened at the golf course? A redhead got shot? Oh god that was my Hannah time to kill myself." Because there is no way he could have known, he wasn't there.

reaper239
Aug 16th, 2011, 10:09 AM
i gotta say i don't think hannah had anything to do with kalani killing himself, i think he did it because of the bond he formed with some of the tower people. hannah was just a bonus.

zzfist
Sep 7th, 2011, 03:03 AM
that Kalani is not the rat as he has not been affiliated with Scratch, that Kalani felt that this would be important as his last words, or useful information to Angel, that Angel does not know Scratch's real name and thus was not well acquainted with her prior to the outbreak.

kalani heard scratch's voice when angel dropped off the latch's body. If he really wasn't affiliated with the mallers why would he never point out that he knows who scratch is? rhetorical question! If Scratch ever knew Kalani she would have taunted him like how she always taunts angel for just looking familiar. Unless Kalani was a rat.

asterisk
Oct 2nd, 2011, 03:11 PM
I actually was just thinking about this today (and accidently posted about it not knowing this was here lol) But i totally agree with the "Hannah is Stratch" theory" mainly because we have no idea what Stratch's real name is unlike Latch (John). I'm thinking they had a fling or something special in hawaii untill Stratch did something horrible and ended up being sent away to Eastern Bay.

Teethingbiscuit
Nov 5th, 2011, 05:30 PM
That's the problem I have with all these theories. Kalani wouldn't have been like, "What happened at the golf course? A redhead got shot? Oh god that was my Hannah time to kill myself." Because there is no way he could have known, he wasn't there.

How would he not have asked? He was in on the day to day activities and gave Micheal a ride back to the tower. We didn't follow that conversation, we were at the tower. The conversation very likely did happen.

teeth