PDA

View Full Version : Forum Redesign Timeline

TCM Revolver
Aug 10th, 2011, 10:04 AM
Phase 1 - Due Date 9/1/11

Start initial designing of Tower Template - KC,J0be
Take out forum home page and add contents to forum front page - Scott
Polish out the Wiki pages, fill in the missing graphics and spots. IE Episode list, etc... - Voodizzle, CupcakeZombie, Rev, Creem_Filling
Merge users into separate email usergroups - Rev

Phase 1.5

Take page from CMS front page and put onto main forum. Ideas of how to close out home page ( post thread) - Scott

Phase 2 - Due date 10/1/11

Finishing touches on Tower Template - KC, J0be
Revamping the email system. Redesigning email format with template. - Rev, Voodizzle
Design and integrate apartments and apartment achievements - KC, Narf
Notice section moved somewhere else - KC
Note to put on apartment front door. - KC

Phase 3 – Due Date 10/30/11

lounge (chatbox) polished, possible private room.
Beta Testing - Narf, CupcakeZombie THIS COULD BE YOU!!
Troubleshoot Experience/Awards System
Create/add rule for the Arcade to RR section and terms and agreements.
Finish the iOS App - iOS Group
Amend R&R section for second chatbox.

On Going...

Look for plug-in to customize settings - Anyone Vbulletin 4.1.5 (http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/portal.php)
Fix any errors/bugs that have been found

In Question

Button to turn gatekeeper off.

Bugs Found

Wiki tables out of alignment in 4.1.5 style only
Chat box too wide
Go To Post Icon on the "What's New" page very finicky.

This is a pretty aggressive time line, but I know it is do-able. If you want to take on a task, just let KC or me know and we can add you to the list. Also we will need beta testers. Please let me know if you are interested.

itsallgoodie
Aug 10th, 2011, 10:12 AM
so i know i dont know a whole lot of ajax or php or anything but i am quite good with html and css, i would love to volunteer as a "front end" dev. help get it all laid out and what not. I know I have a lot of skill with that stuff.

nikvoodoo
Aug 10th, 2011, 11:17 AM
Do you think we could also add troubleshooting the experience system into this mix? I don't want to call it "Serviceable at best, and a Flaming Pinto at worst" but it's kinda screwy about 75% of the time. Especially with the awards (the shuffling around of awards and no way to take back special ones if given on accident), Group rankings, experience points not being given to some people, how you can give away points to some people and not to others etc etc.

ComradeNarf
Aug 10th, 2011, 11:43 AM
I'd like to help out with the apartment design and achievements, but before I do I wanted to check - Kc, is your artist associate going to to most of the design work for the apartments as well? I'd love to help out creating the achievement items, as well as icons for any achievements that may appear under user names.

Kc
Aug 10th, 2011, 11:53 AM
Kc, is your artist associate going to to most of the design work for the apartments as well? I'd love to help out creating the achievement items, as well as icons for any achievements that may appear under user names.
Go for it! That would be a good area to improve.

ALSO, should this thread be public? It's not too protective and can grab others maybe.

TCM Revolver
Aug 10th, 2011, 02:51 PM
Do you think we could also add troubleshooting the experience system into this mix? I don't want to call it "Serviceable at best, and a Flaming Pinto at worst" but it's kinda screwy about 75% of the time. Especially with the awards (the shuffling around of awards and no way to take back special ones if given on accident), Group rankings, experience points not being given to some people, how you can give away points to some people and not to others etc etc.

**added Phase 3

nikvoodoo
Aug 10th, 2011, 02:54 PM
I'll take the wiki and continue to try to break the app.

cupcakezombie
Aug 10th, 2011, 03:09 PM
I can help with the Wiki and Beta testing

Creem_Filling
Aug 25th, 2011, 07:48 PM
Does anymore need to be done on the WND wiki? I was trying to add a short little bit about the hosts, but I could not get it formated to where it would fit well at all, and there is already wikis for Britt and Greg, so I wouldn't even be able to write much. My brain may just be shot for tonight, but at the moment I don't know what else to add.

Osiris
Aug 25th, 2011, 08:50 PM
Zompedia?

nikvoodoo
Aug 25th, 2011, 09:02 PM
Does anymore need to be done on the WND wiki? I was trying to add a short little bit about the hosts, but I could not get it formated to where it would fit well at all, and there is already wikis for Britt and Greg, so I wouldn't even be able to write much. My brain may just be shot for tonight, but at the moment I don't know what else to add.

Perhaps running gags would be a nice thing to add. After all, not everyone has been listening since the beginning. So maybe the origins of "SKITTLES!", Greg's desire for all children in the production to die, Britt and Costco....things like that.

TCM Revolver
Aug 28th, 2011, 07:46 AM
During the Jam Session, we had mentioned a button to turn off gatekeeper. Now that gatekeeper is more "PG rated" do really need this button??
What say Ye??

Creem_Filling
Aug 28th, 2011, 07:51 AM
I would say it is unneeded now. At first, I didn't really like the "PG rated" gatekeeper, but I've grown used to it and have no problems with it now. Plus, if you just hover you cursor of the the link for a second, it tells you the name of the page it would be directing you to. So I never really have to go to full cb to see what I'm clicking.

MrScott101
Aug 30th, 2011, 09:35 PM
Sidebar is getting there, all I need is to format the news section better and get the mini calendar working. For some reason the widget isn't working the way it's supposed to. I might have to make a custom page with it. Do we want just the current week or do we want the full month?

TCM Revolver
Sep 4th, 2011, 05:31 PM
Ladys and Germans,
Phase 2 has officially begun. If you would like to help us beta test the new forum (once it's ready) just let us know here. Also, we will be reformatting our email system. If you want to help re-write the emails with more of a WA spin on them, post here and we can make it happen.

--Rev

j0be
Sep 4th, 2011, 06:00 PM
I would say it is unneeded now. At first, I didn't really like the "PG rated" gatekeeper, but I've grown used to it and have no problems with it now. Plus, if you just hover you cursor of the the link for a second, it tells you the name of the page it would be directing you to. So I never really have to go to full cb to see what I'm clicking.

Yes, and I actually had to create a custom BBCode for that. Be grateful. :D

itsallgoodie
Sep 5th, 2011, 12:21 PM
Ive been busy lately but my days should be calming back down, if someone can get me up to date i should be able to help in the coming week.

Solanine
Sep 18th, 2011, 02:24 AM
What would be involved in beta testing? No experience but plenty of time to spare.

nikvoodoo
Sep 20th, 2011, 10:05 PM
Hey... Can we make overriding/the ability to override the mobile style next? The mobile style isn't nearly as functional as the default style.

itsallgoodie
Sep 20th, 2011, 10:52 PM
been working with the post bits, i would also like to lend my powers of HTML and design to the emails if they are welcome. :D

Kc
Sep 20th, 2011, 11:14 PM
I think leaving the Wiki as Wiki is ok. I've been thinking about it a lot and I don't want to add more confusion.

TCM Revolver
Sep 28th, 2011, 03:02 PM
I think leaving the Wiki as Wiki is ok. I've been thinking about it a lot and I don't want to add more confusion.

On that note, the wiki is still wonky. The pictures have been transplanted from the left to the right, pushing all the information down on the page. The mission is yours should you choose to accept it.

This message will self destruct in 3...2...1...

nikvoodoo
Sep 28th, 2011, 04:27 PM
On that note, the wiki is still wonky. The pictures have been transplanted from the left to the right, pushing all the information down on the page. The mission is yours should you choose to accept it.

This message will self destruct in 3...2...1...

*duck and cover*

It's something to do with the template, and that is way beyond what I am comfortable/capable of handling. It was fine until we switched to the new Apartment style, but for some reason they are making each other angry.

TCM Revolver
Oct 10th, 2011, 02:02 PM
Ok, Phase 2 is done! :yay: On to Phase 3! I am looking for a few beta testers. Basically what I want is to scour every inch of the forum and make sure it is in tip top shape. That includes being logged in, and being a guest. Who's up for the challenge?? Also the wiki... I know there are some talented people out there that can give us a hand getting that formatting correct. I can get you access to the wiki code if needs be, so please don't be shy.

If you are intrested in either of these, just shoot me a pm and I will get you taken care of.