PDA

View Full Version : urban warfare training area

Bravo Team Leader
Aug 8th, 2011, 12:48 PM
I just came back from a Urban Warfare Training Area and it looked like it was a set for the walking dead! there was mass destruction and signs hanging out of windows. It was really creepy because there was NO people that I saw. The on duty SGT told me that it was getting ready for a FEMA drill. Really Cool. Any way I was listening to this Pod cast going up there. I was waiting for skittles to come out and try to talk to us..

Cabbage Patch
Aug 8th, 2011, 01:16 PM
Sounds like they were setting up for a training exercise by the Army Zombie Combat Command http://zombiecombatcommand.com/.

Luna Guardian
Aug 8th, 2011, 09:51 PM
This actually makes me think, how come the zombie outbreaks are always so successful with so many people (even the CDCs!) preparing for zombies! This is even more baffling in the case of slow zombies which don't even have the advantages Kc gave his undead hordes!

Cabbage Patch
Aug 9th, 2011, 12:04 AM
There are a lot of groups jumping on the Zombie band-wagon. It makes sense, Zombies are popular, and advertisers think featuring them will help to sell their products.

It's a little more subtle with people like the CDC. If you ignore the undead monsters and the high death toll, a zombie outbreak looks a lot like a flu outbreak or other types of natural disaster. Many of the things you would do to prepare for Zombies are the same thing you should do to prepare for disease or disaster. If the CDC can grab your attention by talking about Zombies maybe they'll be able to motivate you to prepare for other disasters.

Of course the Army Zombie Combat Command is real.

Nullifier
Aug 10th, 2011, 10:54 AM
Of course the Army Zombie Combat Command is real.

oh, dude, I really hope you said that in jest. O_o

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Aug 11th, 2011, 10:46 AM
This actually makes me think, how come the zombie outbreaks are always so successful with so many people (even the CDCs!) preparing for zombies! This is even more baffling in the case of slow zombies which don't even have the advantages Kc gave his undead hordes!

Luna,

Outside of the great planes states, not many of us keep our AR15's in the pick-up truck while we stop by the corner store for some Fruit Loops. So, if the outbreak...em, breaks out (sorry hahah) while your normal Joe is at work or stuck in a traffic jam, well, they're S.O.L
I recently read something online that said our state of Wisconsin has 600k gun owners. How many of them would have access to those weapons if they were at work and such?

reaper239
Aug 11th, 2011, 11:15 AM
Luna,

Outside of the great planes states, not many of us keep our AR15's in the pick-up truck while we stop by the corner store for some Fruit Loops. So, if the outbreak...em, breaks out (sorry hahah) while your normal Joe is at work or stuck in a traffic jam, well, they're S.O.L
I recently read something online that said our state of Wisconsin has 600k gun owners. How many of them would have access to those weapons if they were at work and such?

coincidently, alot. about a year ago msnbc released a report that said about 6 million americans have concealed carry permits. that's not including states that have open carry (where you don't need a liscence if it's visible) and constitutional carry states. a lot of americans carry guns, but a large number of those with permits don't carry on a regular basis. this leads me to believe that in states with moderate to severe gun control (ie california, new york, illinois, maryland, etc) an outbreak would spread like... well, a plague. it would spread slower through states where a lot of people carry guns (south, midwest, and west) though those states would still be overrun eventually due to the sheer volume coming out of gun control states. i used this logic to try to convince my legislators in maryland to switch to a shall issue state so i could have a gun for the zombie apocalypse. i haven't heard anything back, but i'm hopeful

btw, luna, the reason (as i see it) that the zombies take over so quickly is because they are usually written into a universe that does not have as many dedicated zombie fans as ours. in the multiverse, we would be better prepared than any other universe.

gaijinpunk
Aug 31st, 2011, 09:37 PM
BTL, that sounds like it would've been a whole lot of fun!
Hmmm....(need to search for one in my area...)

usmcludwig
Aug 31st, 2011, 11:34 PM
BTL, that sounds like it would've been a whole lot of fun!
Hmmm....(need to search for one in my area...)

Best you could do as a civilian is like an Airsoft course.
I've seen some really top notch ones before.
Its great training.