PDA

View Full Version : Article: Forum Design Proposals "The Tower"

Kc
Aug 4th, 2011, 09:38 AM
You can view the page at http://zombiepodcast.com/forum/content.php?177-Forum-Design-Proposals-The-Tower

Magrat
Aug 9th, 2011, 05:51 AM
I like the idea and how it fits into the whole ethos of We're Alive. Can't wait to see how it evolves!

Thoughts (Contain SPOILERS of a sort!): I really enjoy the ranking system attached to the posts (although it can encourage people to just post flippantly in an effort to spam up their count) and would love to see some expansion of the rankings applied to other sections of "The Tower". Changing/adding elements that reward people with different titles/duties for being eloquent, or interestingly vocal in the chat log, or 'repping' a post with merit, or having x amount of comments attached to their 'journals'. Make the titles something like achievements, that people can aspire to without it becoming a spam race.

Also a thought, not sure if possible, but letting people select and display what episodes they've listened to/are up to? Would allow them to 'live' on certain floors that are no longer available to others who have listened ahead, also could be used to curtail their access to certain spoiler-filled sections of the site? ie, once past the point where the lower floors have burnt, they are moved rooms to the higher floors? Once they've listened to Chapter 18 they can access the Chapter 18 discussion section and no higher. Again, not sure if such specific restrictions can be applied, nor if they're even wanted, but it would make for a neat bit of immersion.

Would also like to see phrases such as 'on a supply run' or 'stuck in the elevator' or 'trapped at The Arena' used somewhere, again only if the restriction thing works, otherwise people will know about the arena before they're meant to. Specific Chat Rooms would be another cool idea. They could be called 'raiding parties' or something to that effect. Anywho, those were a few ideas, god knows how you'd implement them. Love the new look/feel of the thing and like the idea of having rooms in the tower. Will post other thoughts if and when I have them, unless I'm told to be quiet before then.

Also, would love to be attached to the skype chat, if I'm awake then (evil evil Australian time)!

Cheers, Magrat.

Austin king
Aug 9th, 2011, 05:24 PM
Im intrested

avenue803
Aug 10th, 2011, 09:33 PM
What is your Skpe name?

Austin king
Aug 12th, 2011, 08:40 AM
soysauceking