PDA

View Full Version : Victor..you rule

ghrantt
Aug 2nd, 2011, 01:14 PM
thats all I need to say. his most recent joke about Riley and angel had me laughing

Zombiehead
Aug 2nd, 2011, 03:55 PM
It killed me too. He gets the best lines for jokes.

gaijinpunk
Sep 15th, 2011, 06:18 PM
Victor has stones. Big ones. That drag the ground. How he basically saved everyone's @$$ and got them out of the colony is proof enough for me.:zombie:

Z Sniper
Sep 16th, 2011, 12:33 AM
Victor has stones. Big ones. That drag the ground.:zombie:
Well, I don't mean to brag but,......lol.

yarri
Sep 18th, 2011, 10:49 AM
Well, I don't mean to brag but,......lol.

I <3 Victor!!!!

aaronarturus
Sep 26th, 2011, 04:57 AM
Victor is indeed an awesome character. I kind of picture him as a cross between Danny Trejo and Robert Beltran. Either way, he is awesome.

Conf
Sep 26th, 2011, 06:10 PM
the more the merrier, the guy is such a welcome change of pace from the rah rah sis boom bah soldiers (not that that isn't totally awesome)

ClearSights
Sep 26th, 2011, 06:58 PM
I can't wait to hear saul's / victor's side of the tower falling sceen and how they got out

G-Money
Sep 29th, 2011, 10:20 PM
I like it when he calls Kailani a "Pinche Fat ass."

Cromulent Frog
Oct 10th, 2011, 12:00 PM
He's a badass. Simple as that.

Z Sniper
Oct 10th, 2011, 05:35 PM
he's a badass. Simple as that.

gracias amigo! Que viva victor!

Nazario Jose Lopez
Oct 13th, 2011, 04:06 PM
Does Victor ever say where he's from..?

Miss
Nov 25th, 2011, 04:27 PM
Ive just done a listen to the episodes with Victor in them and as far as I recall he never says where he is from and I am rather infactuated withVictor

Z Sniper
Nov 26th, 2011, 03:48 PM
Well, very little is known about Victor,......makes you wonder doesn't it? Who is this guy anyway? MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Thanks for all the kudos everyone!!!! Can't wait to be back!

Grognaurd
Nov 29th, 2011, 09:55 AM
I picture him a lil like Han Solo. He lives within the Empire (colony) but does not directly support or oppose it. He tries to play a hardass and that is easy to do around Jabba (Marcus), but chinks in this persona are apparent when he associates with better people like chewbacca (fernando) and experiences a life changing event and goes to the Deathstar (springs Michael) because he can not let the good people go it alone.

not_infected
Mar 26th, 2012, 01:08 PM
Really? No one has posted any Victor love since November?

One of my absolute favorite characters AND voice actors on this show.

Z Sniper
Mar 27th, 2012, 12:44 AM
Really? No one has posted any Victor love since November?

One of my absolute favorite characters AND voice actors on this show.

Well, thank you not_infected! That is very much appreciated!

zombeh-kitteh
Mar 27th, 2012, 04:31 AM
I like Victor too! I think he's probably had it rough, especially when you take Kelly's observation that he'd been married.

What happened to her? Was she infected and he had to put her down? Did he have to leave her in order to save himself a la Samantha in Chinwe's tower?

The only time he volunteers any information about himself is during his and Saul's conversations with Chinwe. We find out that he had been an insurance salesman "among other things."

He also seems to like reading over electronic stimulation, when he reads "Lord of the Flies" in the office building, which he gets points for in my book.

He just seems like a good guy, dependable and brave. Even though he didn't agree with Marcus's way of running the colony, he also didn't side with the opposition.

I hope we find out more about Victor in season 3.

Z Sniper
Mar 27th, 2012, 03:30 PM
I like Victor too! I think he's probably had it rough, especially when you take Kelly's observation that he'd been married.

What happened to her? Was she infected and he had to put her down? Did he have to leave her in order to save himself a la Samantha in Chinwe's tower?

The only time he volunteers any information about himself is during his and Saul's conversations with Chinwe. We find out that he had been an insurance salesman "among other things."

He also seems to like reading over electronic stimulation, when he reads "Lord of the Flies" in the office building, which he gets points for in my book.

He just seems like a good guy, dependable and brave. Even though he didn't agree with Marcus's way of running the colony, he also didn't side with the opposition.

I hope we find out more about Victor in season 3.

Ditto Kiddo! Can't wait to find out either. Kc likes to keep us in suspense,...you're not alone!:) Thanks for the kudos!

Hellbringer
Mar 27th, 2012, 04:03 PM
Here's one that I've been wondering about Victor, and I sound like a harpy doing this, but...

How far has Victor made it in that Lord of the Flies book? Inquiring minds want to know. Ok, maybe it's one mind, but still.

not_infected
Jun 21st, 2012, 12:26 PM
Okay, it took me a thousand relistens to catch this, but here's something interesting.

When Pippin is blathering on and on about "I can help! You'll see!" they ask what he did back in the world, and he says "Salesman."

Victor says "Worthless."

BUT THEN: Victor tells CJ that he was an insurance salesman! Among other things.

Personally, I am going to start gnawing my arm off if we don't get some damn back story on Victor this season! Kc, I hope you are listening.

Bullethead
Jul 18th, 2012, 04:43 AM
As I listened to episode 31-3 a rather radical theory creeped into my head.

What if Victor is the rat the colony sent out?

Stay with me here. Everyone was rather quick to say that Glen and Pete were rats sent out to report back on the location of our survivors. And everyone had the same idea as me in that they possibly "let them get away".
Well as I listened to CJ go on and on about how Victor will know everyone in the colony and Victor will be able to get the people to listen and Victor will possibly be going in on his own; I thought about how much Victor knows.

Maybe he is not a rat but I thought it would be one hell of a twist and that I'd get peoples conspiracy theories going with this.

Thoughts?

Stuv
Jul 18th, 2012, 05:25 AM
This is a really interesting idea. I love the idea of taking a beloved character like Victor and having him betray our heroes. Kalani was not very likable and I really did not mind that he turned out to be the rat. Victor though... that would be bum me out and be exciting at the same time.
Here is another piece to add to this. When Victor was talking about his ex-wife it seemed to me he was almost forcing the “Boy am I glad to be rid of that bitch” thing. He initially had a sad tone to his voice when speaking of her. Maybe the Colony (and now the Mallers) have been holding her as leverage on Victor this whole time. This would explain why he has been so ready to have Saul’s back regarding a rescue Lizzie mission despite the odds. He needs to get Saul to the Colony to save his wife.

Witch_Doctor
Jul 18th, 2012, 09:49 AM
The part where he gripes about his wife reminds me of Datu's rant about his wife. However, as for Victor being a Rat sent by the Colony, this seems to be more problematic. Much more. I would say that it would be more believable if Datu and Victor were married to the same woman. OK, not really.

Think about it. Who would have sent him? The Colony was splintered into two factions. He didn't know about Gate Keeper's coup and he escaped after finding out about it. It's unlikely Marcus sent him as he ordered Michael to be executed. If Michael was killed then there goes Victor's pass to the Tower. Plus Victor left with MPK during the coup, which Marcus didn't know was going to take place.

I AM curious about his Insurance Salesman, and 'other things' background. Also, should one choose Term Life over Whole Life during the Zombi Apocalypse, will there be any problems collecting the death benefits during this time and does zombification qualify as being dead?

Cabbage Patch
Jul 18th, 2012, 10:46 AM
Victor doesn't strike me as someone who would betray Saul and company for The Colony, especially given the multiple changes in its leadership since he left.

I think Victor is a true friend to Saul, as evidenced by his deliberately letting Saul win at soccer just to build up Saul's confidence. You know that the only reason that Victor blew up at CJ was to bleed off pressure before Saul or CJ blew up in a destructive fashion. And if CJ is playing mind games using her feminine wiles you know that Victor will jump on that grenade to save Saul/Lizzy, cause that's just the kind of friend he is.

Cabbage Patch
Jul 18th, 2012, 12:46 PM
New idea. Victor is an international super spy under deep cover, and Glenn is his controller. Remember that Victor brought Glenn into the Colony and helped set him up in the comms section, the perfect place to maintain contact with their HQ. He checked in with Glenn when he helped Michael make his radio call, and again before he helped the Tower crew escape, the perfect opportunity to get instructions. And somehow Glenn finds Victor again in LA? Surely this was the act of a master spy! I'm thinking they work for the Vatican, since who else in the West plays such a "long game". Now to figure out what they're after.

Vlarken
Jul 18th, 2012, 08:24 PM
New idea. Victor is an international super spy under deep cover, and Glenn is his controller. Remember that Victor brought Glenn into the Colony and helped set him up in the comms section, the perfect place to maintain contact with their HQ. He checked in with Glenn when he helped Michael make his radio call, and again before he helped the Tower crew escape, the perfect opportunity to get instructions. And somehow Glenn finds Victor again in LA? Surely this was the act of a master spy! I'm thinking they work for the Vatican, since who else in the West plays such a "long game". Now to figure out what they're after.

I can dig it. And Ink is actually a great vampire lord, and all the biters are his undead ghouls. Who better to deal with a vampire lord than agents from the Vatican?

facebook.com/alexinks
Jul 19th, 2012, 09:04 AM
victor, saul and cj have eclipsed everyone else as my favorite crew in
the series, if they save Burt and he becomes apart of them, those 4
would be the best . . . hell put riley there too... haha.

Cabbage Patch
Sep 14th, 2012, 12:30 PM
Victor, it looks like Danny Trejo is muscling in on the Zombie action! Here's a blurb about a SyFy TV movie that's coming up next month.

Rise of the Zombies, Syfy
Premieres on Saturday, Oct. 27 at 9 p.m.

October only means one thing... zombies! In this film a small group of survivors have been hold up on Alcatraz after a zombie outbreak, but they must escape when the island is overrun. So they hit the zombie-filled road and go on the hunt to find a scientist who may just have a cure for the disease. The film stars Danny Trejo, French Stewart, Star Trek's LeVar Burton, and Mariel Hemingway.

I smell cross-over. Danny and Co. can start from the north, Victor and Saul from the south to clear the state of the zombie threat.

ZombieBlake
Sep 27th, 2012, 10:13 PM
If and when the zombie apocalypse goes down I hope I hold my own like Victor.
He keeps a cool head while applying techniques like masking scents through cologne.

He may not be a reckless hero, but he is definitely a survivor.

USdolphinranger
Oct 11th, 2012, 01:43 PM
its funny how i keep seeing victor than saul and others....i have most of the same victor is number one and it wasnt like it was a slow thing ethier he jumped up to the top just by his personality. saul is just a badass guy along with grunpy synide remarks love it.... and for me of course it has to be burt just the moive qoutes and such cant get enough... but as of late his parts arent dont make me to happy.is it sad to say i miss the old days when burt was an ass to everyone and would kill anything that moved.

Gfresh
Oct 11th, 2012, 02:03 PM
Victor has stones. Big ones. That drag the ground. How he basically saved everyone's @$$ and got them out of the colony is proof enough for me.:zombie:

For some reason, ever since that point, the image in my mind of Victor is very similar to Danny Trejo (http://theindiespiritualist.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/tumblr_l219wh2Xoq1qzp6iio1_500.jpg). I think Victor's character has been made to look somewhat belittled by Saul lately though and his attitude seems to have become a tad whiney. Bring back tough guy Victor!

Z Sniper
Oct 12th, 2012, 10:08 PM
For some reason, ever since that point, the image in my mind of Victor is very similar to Danny Trejo (http://theindiespiritualist.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/tumblr_l219wh2Xoq1qzp6iio1_500.jpg). I think Victor's character has been made to look somewhat belittled by Saul lately though and his attitude seems to have become a tad whiney. Bring back tough guy Victor!

Okay,...now I'm gonna start whining about your post! lol

Miss
Oct 13th, 2012, 05:24 PM
all through Victors ups and downs Ive come to realize he has quickly become one of my top 3 to want to spend my time with during a zombie uprising

stat
Oct 13th, 2012, 09:00 PM
I'm quite the Victor fan as well and I have a theory (more of a headcanon, really.) I think that the Victor we meet is Victor 2.0. I think that Victor 1.0 was a pretty regular guy--sold insurance, played futbol with friends, still had a thing for his bitch ex, and liked to read. But then the zombie apocalypse happened and he became Victor 2.0. He does all the things he did before except selling insurance, which he's swapped out for shooting zombies in the head. Like a boss.

There are a couple of things that make me think this. One, his defense of Pegs. Obviously, Victor is valiente but I assumed that he was just trying to get in good with her at first. (Which would be fine with me. Pegs has a special place in my heart and I automatically like people who like her.) But in retrospect, I wonder if Pegs reminds him of himself? She's with a guy who doesn't seem to be all that into her and people treat her like an idiot, despite the fact that she's a pretty nice person. Maybe Victor was in a similar situation with his ex and a job he wasn't proud of. There's something so American about that back story and the idea that Victor gets a chance to be a bad ass and not a Pegs anymore. Two, he seems to placate Saul rather than engaging him when Saul was joking about Fernando. I mean, Saul lived in tents with men for at least a year. That's a lot of material. Victor's approach seems like one of submission, which I don't say to insult him. It seems to me like he's used to avoiding conflict rather than engaging in it. (I also think that Victor 2.0 is very confident in his abilities. Victor 1.0 might have dodged because he was too weak to fight back but 2.0 is definitely not embarrassed or worried that someone might think he's gay. Because he's a bad ass and he knows it.) But I'm probably wrong about this. He's probably actually an assassin for the Vatican who kills people by ripping their throats out...with his teeth.

Also, regarding casting Victor, he's got to look pretty trustworthy/average because people don't seem intimidated by him at first. And in my mind, Victor looks like someone's tío...a tío who wouldn't hesitate to shoot someone in the face. So, I think that someone like David Zayas would make a good Victor. He's got charisma and does a good job playing a tough guy with a heart of gold. (Of course, he's not as good looking as the guy who plays Victor, but tant pis.)

Oh, that Victor. ¡Que hombre! Tienes que amarlo.

Gfresh
Oct 14th, 2012, 04:39 AM
Okay,...now I'm gonna start whining about your post! lol

Oh I didn't mean any of the cast are to blame, or how the characters are played, I meant the scripting seems to have made Victor slightly belittled by Saul for a while. Don't get me wrong, I love them both. Victor is awesome and I think I'm just missing him kicking ass.

(Which character do you voice btw?)

Z Sniper
Oct 15th, 2012, 06:00 PM
I'm quite the Victor fan as well and I have a theory (more of a headcanon, really.) I think that the Victor we meet is Victor 2.0. I think that Victor 1.0 was a pretty regular guy--sold insurance, played futbol with friends, still had a thing for his bitch ex, and liked to read. But then the zombie apocalypse happened and he became Victor 2.0. He does all the things he did before except selling insurance, which he's swapped out for shooting zombies in the head. Like a boss.

There are a couple of things that make me think this. One, his defense of Pegs. Obviously, Victor is valiente but I assumed that he was just trying to get in good with her at first. (Which would be fine with me. Pegs has a special place in my heart and I automatically like people who like her.) But in retrospect, I wonder if Pegs reminds him of himself? She's with a guy who doesn't seem to be all that into her and people treat her like an idiot, despite the fact that she's a pretty nice person. Maybe Victor was in a similar situation with his ex and a job he wasn't proud of. There's something so American about that back story and the idea that Victor gets a chance to be a bad ass and not a Pegs anymore. Two, he seems to placate Saul rather than engaging him when Saul was joking about Fernando. I mean, Saul lived in tents with men for at least a year. That's a lot of material. Victor's approach seems like one of submission, which I don't say to insult him. It seems to me like he's used to avoiding conflict rather than engaging in it. (I also think that Victor 2.0 is very confident in his abilities. Victor 1.0 might have dodged because he was too weak to fight back but 2.0 is definitely not embarrassed or worried that someone might think he's gay. Because he's a bad ass and he knows it.) But I'm probably wrong about this. He's probably actually an assassin for the Vatican who kills people by ripping their throats out...with his teeth.

Also, regarding casting Victor, he's got to look pretty trustworthy/average because people don't seem intimidated by him at first. And in my mind, Victor looks like someone's tío...a tío who wouldn't hesitate to shoot someone in the face. So, I think that someone like David Zayas would make a good Victor. He's got charisma and does a good job playing a tough guy with a heart of gold. (Of course, he's not as good looking as the guy who plays Victor, but tant pis.)

Oh, that Victor. ¡Que hombre! Tienes que amarlo.

Damn, that's a WHOLE LOT of Victor love!! I'm so tough I'm flexing my tear ducts,....sniff.

Z Sniper
Oct 16th, 2012, 11:04 PM
Oh I didn't mean any of the cast are to blame, or how the characters are played, I meant the scripting seems to have made Victor slightly belittled by Saul for a while. Don't get me wrong, I love them both. Victor is awesome and I think I'm just missing him kicking ass.

(Which character do you voice btw?)

I think I play Victor,...lol