PDA

View Full Version : The Sacrifice

AdrianHD
Aug 1st, 2011, 04:58 PM
I was playing through the Halo: Reach campaign this last weekend to get me some challenges done (So close to Inclement Weather, man!). While playing the last level, Noble One, Carter, takes the Pelican and smashes into a Scarab in order to allow Six and Emile to get through that part.

I know Reach isn't the first game ever to have that kind of scene in it, but seeing as Kc is a fan of that game, I wonder if that inspired Kc to give Kalani the exit he had.

In case you want to see it, here ya go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGFIOT-sNS4

WestonWisdom
Aug 1st, 2011, 05:08 PM
If you weren't teary through the last few hours of this game, you have no soul.

I didn't notice the similarities, this is a good point.

StickUpKid
Aug 1st, 2011, 08:27 PM
dude never have i felt mor sad then when each memeber of the noble team dies

Damianjh
Aug 3rd, 2011, 07:53 PM

Osiris
Aug 3rd, 2011, 08:43 PM

Looks about right... but you're missing one important thing... Kalani hanging his bare ass out the window at Scratch and giving the finger to the Mallers.

h3half
Aug 11th, 2011, 09:07 PM
:O

Didn't notice the similarity.

Kc, was this the inspiration? It is a LOT alike. A flyer sacrifices himself for the greater team, (in Reach it was to... save Reach, and in WA it was to save the tower) and in both cases the sacrifice ultimately didn't save the planet/the Tower.

And I wasn't teary during that last few hours of Halo, but I was sad. Very, very sad. The very very end was pretty awesomely set-up. Wish I had the mind for making awesome sequences like that.

Hellbringer
Aug 11th, 2011, 10:52 PM
I didn't feel anything when the female Spartan died on Reach. I did question how a bullet went through her armor when during the game, they all have shields and no headshots from the bad guys kill. Oh, my fanboy analysis that I carry on with myself.

I do see a big similarity but I take that as possible inspiration for Kalani's actions. Maybe we'll see KC re-enact this in the next community playdate.