PDA

View Full Version : What Scratch was looking for

reaper239
Aug 1st, 2011, 07:57 AM
pegs. during the assault she said there was one thing she wanted and that was the girl who shot her brother (pegs) and that was the only thing SHE wanted. searching the rubble she was no doubt looking for the body. not finding one is proly confirmation in her mind that pegs was on the chopper. what do y'all think?

oh and one more thing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MN8YJjXDfkA

also

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPIO86jTrQQ

just had to do it

Osiris
Aug 1st, 2011, 09:26 AM
My guess would be Angel.

StepLaugh
Aug 1st, 2011, 09:57 AM
I'm guessing what ever was in bill's room.

Osiris
Aug 1st, 2011, 09:58 AM
Launch codes! We're all fucking doomed!

StepLaugh
Aug 1st, 2011, 09:59 AM
Launch codes! We're all fucking doomed!

I'd give you $20 if thats true! haha

Osiris
Aug 1st, 2011, 10:00 AM
I'd give you $20 if thats true! haha

I'll hold you to that, old son old son.

StepLaugh
Aug 1st, 2011, 10:00 AM
i'll hold you to that, old son old son.

you better!

ComradeNarf
Aug 1st, 2011, 11:55 AM
I'm beating nikvoodoo to the punch and saying it was the Ark of the Covenant that was locked up in the desk by Kalani. That has to be what she was after. Sorry, nik.

On a serious note, I'm in agreement with Osiris, it's got to be Angel. I think Saul and Victor should have been able to sneak off in the chaos.

Unless... Did Scratch find a battered and broken Lewis, still clutching his Xbox?

nikvoodoo
Aug 1st, 2011, 12:55 PM
I'm beating nikvoodoo to the punch and saying it was the Ark of the Covenant that was locked up in the desk by Kalani. That has to be what she was after. Sorry, nik.

On a serious note, I'm in agreement with Osiris, it's got to be Angel. I think Saul and Victor should have been able to sneak off in the chaos.

Unless... Did Scratch find a battered and broken Lewis, still clutching his Xbox?

.....you....bastard.....!

I doubt Scratch could be looking for an item. What item was in the possession of the Tower that the Mallers would want? Sweat bottles? No way glass would survive a building collapse, not to mention they only had one and it is in the possession of Michael when last we heard of it.

mush_rooms
Aug 1st, 2011, 01:30 PM
Twinkies. Duh.

WestonWisdom
Aug 1st, 2011, 01:31 PM
Make up for her scar.

j0be
Aug 1st, 2011, 01:35 PM
I'm surprised no one has mentioned that she might have been looking for Pippin.

It's definitely a possibility, but doesn't lend itself to near as good a story as if it would be Angel.

andrew_huber
Aug 1st, 2011, 01:42 PM
I'm surprised no one has mentioned that she might have been looking for Pippin. .

they most likely burred pippin so theres no way she would have found his body in the rubble

HardKor
Aug 1st, 2011, 01:44 PM
I'm surprised no one has mentioned that she might have been looking for Pippin.

It's definitely a possibility, but doesn't lend itself to near as good a story as if it would be Angel.

The thing is when she said "I got what I was looking for" it was right after they found the person alive (If barely) in the rubble. That lends itself to the interpretation that she meant whoever it was they found. I think maybe she meant that they found something (or someone) else that would make a good bargaining chip for her to get what she REALLY wants, which is Pegs.

j0be
Aug 1st, 2011, 01:49 PM
they most likely burred pippin so theres no way she would have found his body in the rubble

I'll have to double check, but I think they mentioned directly that they hadn't buried him.

andrew_huber
Aug 1st, 2011, 01:51 PM
then what did they do with his dead body? keep it in a closet

WestonWisdom
Aug 1st, 2011, 01:51 PM
I'll have to double check, but I think they mentioned directly that they hadn't buried him.

Tanya burned him.

nikvoodoo
Aug 1st, 2011, 01:52 PM
then what did they do with his dead body? keep it in a closet

It was outside and burned. The Tower hadn't buried it yet, and probably didn't get a chance to with the happenings of that very very busy day they just had.

WestonWisdom
Aug 1st, 2011, 01:53 PM
It was outside and burned. The Tower hadn't buried it yet, and probably didn't get a chance to with the happenings of that very very busy day they just had.

Either way it would make the body unrecognisable, meaning scratch couldn't possibly have know she had found him.

spellchekk
Aug 2nd, 2011, 10:37 AM
She might have found some sort of a map or something leading to the location of the Fort.

If the helicopter Kalani flew was military grade then a map or something could possibly been able to survive in one of the compartments, unless of course the entire helicopter was blown to smithereens. If thats the case then she might have been able to find a map in one of the failed escape cars or maybe in the ruins of the tower.

Going out on a limb here I know, but it didn't seem like she was that interested in the person she found on the ground, she wants something more useful to her.

nrtv20
Aug 2nd, 2011, 12:05 PM
[QUOTE=spellchekk;26219]She might have found some sort of a map or something leading to the location of the Fort. QUOTE]

I thought the same thing; some sort of map or plans but why would they be hidden?!

Ares13
Aug 3rd, 2011, 06:54 PM
Whoever the rat was possibly hid it away somewhere.

Ares13
Aug 3rd, 2011, 06:55 PM
I don't think they were looking for what was in bill's desk cause didn't they put whatever it was into Hope's backpack

cheesehead1493
Aug 3rd, 2011, 07:21 PM
if it was the map, they wouldnt be hidden your right but the tower just fell so it had to probably be buried. She finds the map knows where there going and knows the one thing she wants (Pegs) is at fort irwin

Zombiephyllic
Aug 4th, 2011, 11:15 AM
Whatever she found, whether its a map or journal or something else, its got to be something that leads scratch to pegs. She's so obsessed with getting her revenge she goes against Durai's orders (well, slight detour really) to take on the tower again to get at pegs. My bet is its one or more of the journals. Since Tawnya digitized them all I bet they just took the files and left the hard copies behind. Those journals in the Maller's hands are way more dangerous than a little RPG.

Kahlua85
Aug 5th, 2011, 01:46 PM
I agree with nikvoodoo there isn't item in the tower that the mallers would want. It would have had to be a person. Knowing that Pegs made it away that really only leaves one person even remotely linked to Scratch and thats Angel. Im starting to wonder if Scratch is starting to remember how she remembers him. Im sure its been bugging her since their initial encounter at the tower.

Eitri
Aug 13th, 2011, 02:16 PM
Im sayin it was Angel, he is the one of the people she seems interested in, the possibly have a secret past. Im waitin to see a flashback episode to flesh out some of Angels Mysterious Back story.

dontkillburt
Aug 13th, 2011, 11:11 PM
Call it semantics, but Scratch found "what" she was looking for, not "who" she was looking for.

I think she found whatever it was that Angel took from Bill's drawer along with Kalani's journal...the thing that made him say "What the hell is this?" Whatever that was, Angel pocketed it and Scratch found it.

nikvoodoo
Aug 13th, 2011, 11:36 PM
Call it semantics, but Scratch found "what" she was looking for, not "who" she was looking for.

I think she found whatever it was that Angel took from Bill's drawer along with Kalani's journal...the thing that made him say "What the hell is this?" Whatever that was, Angel pocketed it and Scratch found it.

While I, the King of Semantics and Semantic Arguments, will never begrudge the ripping apart of finer details (See my WND conversation about I CAN kill you vs. I WILL kill you), I disagree. Scratch was still looking for something when the post credit sequence begins, until Bricks finds something still breathing and is told to put it with the old man. The thing she was looking for was alive.

But since you put me in the semantical mindset, here's a thought to tickle your brain: Listen to the first thing Tardust says when the post credit scene begins.
Tardust I don't see anymore of those things.
Scratch: They scrambled when the building went down.
Tardust: Don't you think we should have to?
Scratch: Not yet. Keep Looking.
Bricks: Boss! I think I found one.
Scratch: This one alive?
Bricks: I....I dunno.
Scratch: ...Oh god...
Bricks: It's pretty bad. But he's breathing. Should we take him with us?
Scratch: Put him with the old man. I found what I was looking for.

So how's this for a semantic argument: The thing they found was a zombie. We always seem to give the Mallers less credit than they are worth. They are the ones who figured out how to destroy the arena (even though they failed). Maybe Scratch has a larger plan in mind for a zombie. Or perhaps Durai does. But except for "the Old Man", all they might have been talking about in this post credit sequence was Zombies.

Course we won't really know until next season because Kc kept the language generic so we'd pull our hair out ;)

Hollomandious
Aug 13th, 2011, 11:41 PM

Angel put that stuff in Hope's backpack along w/ Lady.

Or did he?

dontkillburt
Aug 24th, 2011, 12:53 AM
Angel put that stuff in Hope's backpack along w/ Lady.

Or did he?

Angel said he put Kalani's journal in Hope's backpack along with Lady. I think he held on to the "What the hell is this?" item. And that's what Scratch found on Angel, whatever that was.

Cabbage Patch
Aug 24th, 2011, 08:26 AM
Maybe Scratch found Vera. She certainly seemed fascinated by it. She offered to trade the fuel tanker for it (though she might have been joking), and I seem to remember her referencing it on a couple of other occasions. If the "old man" truly is Burt then there's a chance that Vera was still in his holster, and that Scratch has it now.

usmcludwig
Aug 24th, 2011, 01:43 PM
not to mention they only had one and it is in the possession of Michael when last we heard of it.

They don't even know of the sweat bottles (confirmed in the conversation between Lizzie, Tar and Bricks. Bricks-"But you still don't know how they called them to the tower" Tar-"Shut up.")

nikvoodoo
Aug 24th, 2011, 05:31 PM
They don't even know of the sweat bottles (confirmed in the conversation between Lizzie, Tar and Bricks. Bricks-"But you still don't know how they called them to the tower" Tar-"Shut up.")

Correct. I know they don't know about them. I was spitballing trying to find some kind of object that would interest the mallers in general/scratch in particular. Besides all that....its a glass jar. The odds of it surviving the tower collapse are basically nill.

Point being: scratch was looking for a person/living object. Bricks finds a barely breathing something and scratch calls off the search where before she was adamant they keep looking. Whatever it is bricks found is exactly what she was looking for.

@cabbage patch: who's vera? Are you talking about Shirley, Burt's big ol' hand cannon?

Cabbage Patch
Aug 24th, 2011, 07:50 PM
@cabbage patch: who's vera? Are you talking about Shirley, Burt's big ol' hand cannon?

Nik, you're right, I meant Shirley. I got Shirley confused with Jayne Cobb's favorite rifle on Firefly, which was called Vera.

daredevil
Aug 24th, 2011, 08:24 PM
I hope I'm the first one to think of this... I think Scratch was looking for a little one.... and Bricks found it.

nikvoodoo
Aug 24th, 2011, 08:30 PM
I hope I'm the first one to think of this... I think Scratch was looking for a little one.... and Bricks found it.

Close. I proposed searching for zombies earlier in this thread.

Hellbringer
Aug 24th, 2011, 08:35 PM
no, no, no, no. Everyone has it all wrong. Scratch was looking for the winning lottery ticket. I mean, come on, her name is "Scratch" for crying out loud.

Alright, I have no idea what she was looking for, but I suspect it's something and not someone. Guess I'll wait the start of the season.

7oddisdead
Aug 24th, 2011, 09:01 PM
Couple things
As it's been said...the wording at the end was just vague enough to leave us perpetually scratching our heads,so...

I like where Nik is going with the zombie idea, that could be any of the major ones..such as TOWM or whatever you choose to call the "pimp ass zombie"...helluva twist right there

Also, the bit cabbage mentioned about Shirley would be quite interesting as well, we have watched burt continually try to protect and fail in doing so. But the one thing he has always had by his side since his wifes death? Her gun. His connection to the rest of the world...IF burt is alive, taking Shirley from him would perhaps be the final nail in burts proverbial coffin...and give scratch yet another bargaining chip.

Just some thoughts...i really don't believe either one but we shall see...

usmcludwig
Aug 24th, 2011, 09:21 PM
The only link between the what she is looking for being a zombie is with Tar, the only confirmed person of knowledge in zombie activity (supposedly)- I'd call that vague at best honestly...

As for Shirley- I again express my doubts. If it WAS Shirley- it is probably in a sub-lining conversation that has yet to be spoken, maybe between Burt (in a weakened conscious state) and Scratch- maybe discussing his execution or something. But besides that, my mind just can't grasp around the point that someone would go out of their way, risking not only others, but themselves to search in a devastated remain of a collapsed building to find a large caliber pistol...that's not flashing too much if any logic within those terms at all to me.

The emotions point in the direction of Angel tho...but emotions are misleading...so I am forced to keep scratching my head...and share my jackass opinion..

7oddisdead
Aug 24th, 2011, 09:25 PM
I would much rather believe the angel angle as well...hell, its the only sensible answer really. I'm merely exploring other possibilities. It's occasionally fun to think outside the box.

daredevil
Sep 7th, 2011, 03:49 PM
I'm betting that Scratch found a "Little one"

Amisiel
Sep 30th, 2011, 03:54 PM
Scratch found Mr.Whiskers secretly she has a massive soft spot for the cat. On a semi serious note maybe Kalani as it has been discussed he might be the rat had been leaving tapes as well as a Journal...Similaar to what Lizzie had been doing?

7oddisdead
Oct 1st, 2011, 01:53 AM
I'm doubting its Kalani, and i haven't went back through this thread to check....but is it possible that what scratch was looking for was information?..and while a building collapsing would make quite the mess, what could survive something like that? Journals perhaps? While the chopper group may have kalanis journal, they did leave everybody elses journals behind...just thinking outside the box, don't roast me... :)

JusticePain
Oct 3rd, 2011, 01:42 PM
I think there is another mole we don't know about and she is looking for info

7oddisdead
Oct 6th, 2011, 04:15 PM
I think there is another mole we don't know about and she is looking for info

while you may be right, we have not a clue at this point. ill go back to a thing i have said since the end of the season. subtlety can only go so far...and if we as the diehard fans overcomlicate things, we could lose sight of what actually is happening...so info?...yes, i agree...another mole?...no, i dont think so at least..

Teethingbiscuit
Oct 24th, 2011, 04:53 PM
I like most thoughts on this subject.

Knowledge is power. Hence write it down in the apocalypse. I am going on the thought of Scratch found Pegs' flower pot.
Or the map of occurances, though they seem smart enough to know where "ground zero" is.
Seems too coincidental to find Angel (in theory with Kalani's journal) and then Scratch finds what she is looking for.
Teeth's comments

mageftw
Jan 9th, 2012, 06:22 PM
i think kalani is the rat my theory is that when kalani escaped Hawaii they are over run and the malers save them and get kalani to go to the tower in exchange for Hannah's life someone he cares about but is side tracked by the arena and Hannah is the girl they shot at the golf course when they learn the kalani shot pipin ending there agreement so scratch knows kalani can fly and she needs to confirm his death