PDA

View Full Version : Fort Irwin here we come? Season 3 predictions

zzfist
Aug 1st, 2011, 05:22 AM
Just like the show "lost" they killed off all that extra fat(survivors) in the tower. Now focusing on the ppl left on the helicopter and of course burt, angel, saul, victor, and lizzy are still alive. What do you guys expect to see in season 3?

I think the chopper will be heading to their new home Fort Irwin for sure. I dont think its deserted probably new characters now that they unloaded useless survivors from the tower.

reaper239
Aug 1st, 2011, 06:42 AM
i think you're right (see my post in Oh Happy Days thread)

Nullifier
Aug 1st, 2011, 08:19 AM
well, I'm about 99.99999999% sure Samantha will make a reappearance, yeah I'm a softy, I can't help but feel sad for Hope after all she's been through.
So yeah Mother & Daughter reunited, on the downside having Samantha & Datu form a relationships would just kill it for me, that'd be too much, too predictable.
An before you all go hollering for me to be to lynched, there were at least 2 references to "the other Tower member" by Scratch, even though Samantha & Hope were from a different Tower, this is either just a generic reference by Scratch for any member of a Tower or a deliberate red herring by KC.

Right now Samantha is in company with Lizzy & whoever the mallers picked up after the Tower collapse.

Since I don't study the chapter episodes line for line, I "think", the references are to be found in Chapter 22 & 24

nikvoodoo
Aug 1st, 2011, 08:21 AM
well, I'm about 99.99999999% sure Samantha will make a reappearance, yeah I'm a softy, I can't help but feel sad for Hope after all she's been through.
So yeah Mother & Daughter reunited, on the downside having Samantha & Datu form a relationships would just kill it for me, that'd be too much, too predictable.
An before you all go hollering for me to be to lynched, there were at least 2 references to "the other Tower member" by Scratch, even though Samantha & Hope were from a different Tower, this is either just a generic reference by Scratch for any member of a Tower or a deliberate red herring by KC.

Right now Samantha is in company with Lizzy & whoever the mallers picked up after the Tower collapse.

Since I don't study the chapter episodes line for line, I "think", the references are to be found in Chapter 22 & 24

Samantha is dead. This has been confirmed by Kc. If she were to come back, it's as a zombie.

Don Man
Aug 1st, 2011, 02:34 PM
I think that Angel and Burt will have serious injuries. Kalani will have a big secret in his diary. Like u said they will go to the fort and new characters will be introduced and we learn more about how the zombie apocalypse happened

HardKor
Aug 1st, 2011, 03:43 PM
I'm thinking that the helicopter crew is going to get to Fort Irwin and either find it destroyed and uninhabitable or occupied by a less than friendly faction, perhaps army remnants somehow related to the start of the outbreak. Either way they will be forced back to L.A.

zzfist
Aug 2nd, 2011, 01:09 AM
oh man i just realize what if the mallers are going to fort irwin too? We still dont know where theyre going and maybe the "rat" told them about it.

ggannon
Aug 2nd, 2011, 01:14 AM
I think Kalani will have something in his diary about him telling the mallers info. and that he is sorry and regrets it, and only did it for the safety of his HANNAH. Then he found out she was killed he decided he should go too.
Burt will be just as bad as saul was because the guys up there (age) but he is a fighter.

Cabbage Patch
Aug 3rd, 2011, 04:46 PM
I think the helicopter will start toward Fort Irwin, but will stop when they get a radio call, either from Saul or from the Mallers letting them know that some of their people are still alive. They won't resume the trip to Fort Irwin until much later in the season.

cheesehead1493
Aug 3rd, 2011, 07:24 PM
i actually could see them getting to fort Irwin but then something gets there attention and Micheal plays the role of burt and feels guilty leaving people and goes back. I dont want to bank on this but i think at fort Irwin we will find out more about Micheal's escape from the piped area and the people that were there with him, maybe even some of them will be there

Luna Guardian
Aug 3rd, 2011, 09:44 PM
Samantha is dead. This has been confirmed by Kc. If she were to come back, it's as a zombie.
I had the impression she was torn apart and eaten?

spellchekk
Aug 3rd, 2011, 10:39 PM
I think the others will want to go back, especially Riley, but I think Michael will be very pessimistic telling the others to move on and that they are what's left. I also think Saul and Victor will be the ones to rescue Lizzy and the presumed living Burt and Angel. Whether because something happens at the fort (if they make it there at all) or because the rescue from the Maulers takes a long time, I doubt the two groups will come in contact again until well into the season. Perhaps Riley and Pegs take off with the helicopter?

Just tossing around ideas.

7oddisdead
Aug 4th, 2011, 08:40 AM
i can see it now..for some reason the events at ft irwin keep michael and co there for the bulk of season three....season three cliffhanger...michael all drugged up standing by a fence..yelling at pegs..
"we haVE TO GO BACK! PEGS, WE HAVE TO GO BACK!!"

nrtv20
Aug 4th, 2011, 08:49 AM
I’m guessing there is only (1) true outcome of going to Fort Irwin; it will be the end of our story, either they will get rescued, be enslaved, or waiting for their death. But it will be the conclusion of We’re Alive. So my guess is they don’t get or attempt to get there until have way through the 4th season.

My reasoning:
I am not by any means familiar with what is stationed at military bases but from the description of Fort Irwin it should be large enough to have a full time staff plus a few helicopters on hand or even planes/jets and we have yet to see ANYTHING flying overhead of our survivors. Somehow I can’t imagine that LA was not a priority for rescue and intelligence gathering; I also can’t imagine that none of the survivors couldn’t fly out for rescue. I also don’t think it was quarantined (28 days later) we would have known by now, months have passed. All satellites are still active and should still allow ground communications even with a full blackout of power; the world would not just go ‘dark’. Which is why I think that they will just wait for their deaths, waiting for their supplies to run dry.

If I were to guess I can only think of 3 different endings, ok maybe 4:

1) The base is completely destroyed by some “others” whether it is from the zombies, a foreign military, or possibly aliens. Our group fights till the last one and we hear Michael tell the story as he’s dying.
2) They will find rescue and reconnect with the outside world and be able to see the carnage that has befallen. Thus jumping us to a current 2013 (whenever the last chapter completes) and it is Michael reliving the story to the next generation.
3) The base is intact yet they find out that nobody is coming for rescue; they continue to build a civilization at the base and survive until food supplies are gone. Thus jumping us to a current 2013 (whenever the last chapter completes) and it is Michael reliving the story to the next generation (everyone’s offspring) or explaining they are starving to death and out of food.
4) This was all just a story somebody wanted to make up: movie, book, TV etc.

Well I am just guessing, I know KC will have a great ending and I hope I am not even close; mainly because my favorite character is not Michael !! haha But it has to be hard to find a brilliant ending to a zombie apocalypse other then find someplace they aren’t and survive there. It isn’t going to be like “the happening” right?!

Also all in all great job by the We’re Alive writers, performers, sound guys, and all production staff. It’s been amazing and fulfilling just being able to listening and enjoy it.

Zombiephyllic
Aug 4th, 2011, 10:43 AM
I don't think they'll head to fort Irwin right away. I bet they'll head to the airfield to refuel and regroup. While there, the group will be divided into the ones who want to leave right away and the ones who want to look for posible survivors. Michael assumes everyone who was in ther tower died when it fell, but Saul and Victor's fate would be speculation at best. I don't see the story walking away from everything that just happened, not yet anyways.

syfo
Aug 4th, 2011, 09:49 PM
Well, we have to agree on something there will be more confrontation between the ex-tower people and the colony/mallers, or maybe a coalition between one of those two, colony and tower vs mallers, anyone?

The logic here is that the colony is just too juicy to let go and we didn't have a conclusion on that group of survivors.

dontkillburt
Aug 4th, 2011, 09:57 PM
Datu's lack of aircraft maintenance experience may come into play early in the ride to Ft. Irwin as well. These were quick patch repairs on the jolly green giant, mostly on hyrdaulic lines, so any loss of system pressure could force the chopper down somewhere well short of their destination, especially with an inexperienced Pegs at the controls.

But I think the logical thing to happen is that Saul, Victor or Lizzy will somehow radio them and turn them around early in chapter 25. I don't really see Ft. Irwin in their immediate future, one way or another.

ZombieNick
Aug 5th, 2011, 09:26 AM
I don't think they'll head to fort Irwin right away. I bet they'll head to the airfield to refuel and regroup. While there, the group will be divided into the ones who want to leave right away and the ones who want to look for posible survivors. Michael assumes everyone who was in ther tower died when it fell, but Saul and Victor's fate would be speculation at best. I don't see the story walking away from everything that just happened, not yet anyways.
Yeah, that was my first thought. I don't think they will head directly for Ft Irwin. Its seems more likely that they will head to the airport where they found the first aircraft, regroup, and form a plan. As for FT Irwin, I think they will make it there but, it will in bad shape so, it will only be a stop on the way to somewhere else. On the theory on Ft. Irwin housing the source of the outbreak seems doubtful for me, due largely to the fact that Ft Irwin, the primarily use for pre-deployment training but, that's not to say there couldn't be a secret facility. On the topic of outbreak sources, I believe the area not mapped on the hospital map is a source, meaning there many secrete facilities throughout the world and moreover it was a coordinated "jail break" by the zombies. I mean, the zombie encountered at the hospital can stop a flying arrow, so I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility and we know specific zombies have a high degree of intelligence. Or it could As far as other survivors go; from what I gather, Burt and Angel survived but, are severely burned and might die of their injuries and I am sure Lizzy made it. Saul and Victor made it out of the HMMWV but, I really don't have an idea as to where they went. I imagine Saul made a bee line to Lizzy and Victor backed him up. Here's my latest theory on who's behind the zombie menace: I do not believe it is the government based on where, I believe a research facility was found, the hospital. Typically hospitals are run by a larger parent company. So a worldwide medical company has been conducting illegal experiments (Umbrella Corp., anyone?) and it got away from them (or did it.). On the cliffhanger, it sounds like Michael is inebriated or perhaps just grief stricken, he does bear a lot of responsibility whether it be voluntary of thrust upon him and his feels guilty for what happened at the Tower. Whatever the case maybe, it seems like he is determined to head back to the ruins of the Tower. It seems like there is definitely going to be another clash between the Mallers and/or The Colony but not at this point in time, due to the survivors low personnel count since the Tower's fall. Although, I wouldn't put it past Michael to put together a small smash and grab mission to recover their captured persons. Well, I think that it for me, (for now.) Sorry if I was a bit long winded. This my first post in the forum, in fact, I've read it several times but just joined today so, I've been sitting on my theories' for awhile and I'm on my forth cup of coffee. Anyway best podcast out there and written better than most TV series, books, or movies. Great job, We're Alive cast and crew. I await the next release.

GD_Elite
Aug 5th, 2011, 12:59 PM
Would they actually want to go back to LA? Michael wouldn't let them go back for survivors. Michael can be quick to leap to conclusions. In his mind, all the red shirts are dead, Burt, Angel and Kalani are dead, Saul and Victor are dead after getting pretty much hit by an RPG, and the Mallers would have no use for Lizzy after. Michael is also too dedicated to his goals to risk their lives for a slim chance that one or two characters are alive. However, other survivors would be very keen to get back. Tanya lost Saul, Riley lost Lizzy/Angel, and Pegs is very emotional. However, the idea of them leaving Michael seems unlikely because that would leave him stranded and them without any of the sodiers to protect them. The chopper not being very good because of Datu's repairs is one idea, but that also leaves Fort Irwin unexplored. I suppose that Fort Irwin could just be a plot point to represent their final objective, which problems keep getting in the way of.

However, I do not belive that the survivors will stay at Fort Irwin for too long, definately not for the whole season. There is far too much going on in LA for the story to just leave it behind. The story of LA could be told from the point of Saul, Victor and Lizzy. But this would rule out events that we are expecting to see: Michael/Randy, Scratch/Pegs etc. There are so many unanswered questions, that if we are to find out the truth about them, we are going to have to go back to LA so that they can be resolved with a variety of characters there.

Another prediction: More survivors.

Just like the show "lost" they killed off all that extra fat(survivors).

Lost spoilers: I think the real extra fat was just one character, and they didn't kill him off. (Well they did, actually, but the ending was just silly.)

zombieassassin
Aug 9th, 2011, 09:51 PM
We're Alive season 2 is over and new mysteries arrise.Only a few main characters escaped (Micheal, Pegs, Reily, Kelly, Tanya, Hope, and Datu.) Angel, Burt, Saul, Lizzy, and Victor are M.I.A. The Mallers have destroyed the tower and their next move is unknown. We still haven't heard from the colony. The group plans to go Fort Irwin for safety but what if things are not what they expect. If you have any more predictions please leave your predictions below.

LoneSurvivor
Aug 10th, 2011, 09:49 AM
This whole thing has to go at least 8 years, because the very first episode starts with Michael saying how he is recording all this for his own sanity, and he then says it all started 8 years ago. So far its been about 3-3 1/2 months. Still a long ways off from that. Which of course guarantees Michael's survival for 8 years. And he talks about how Saul WAS a good soldier. At some point he will die. But that is the only thing guaranteed since it was said in the beginning. Just mentioning this since some of you seem to think season 4 will be the last one, or that Ft. Erwin/Irwin/too lazy to look will be the end of the series. I think its more likely to be either the elimination of the survivors as they run back into LA to finish off the biggest and baddest of the zombies (though I think they wouldn't do that in all likelihood. Every story seems obsessed in having a happy ending and not letting the heroes lose) or they will finish them off and take out Ground Zero and then humanity unites to mop up the rest of the zombies since the worst of the threat is over thanks to Michael and crew. Maybe Michael dies, but the survivors will triumph in the end. I for one am hoping that the protagonists lose for once, just as a change of pace from the rest of the world's stories, and it seems more realistic to me (of course this whole thing is crazy, aside from the zombie part). In Season Three we are probably going to see how the new breeds of zombies are created or born, or at least hinted at. Of course I already have a theory about that, but never mind that. The Colony will probably come back into play sometime around Season four as they are falling apart and are being overrun. They call out for help and force Michael and Crew to debate whether or not they should actually help them or not. And in the end they will help the Colony. The Mallers will probably suffer a similar fate, but more likely around Seasons 6 or 7 when they finally lose too many Mallers to keep up the fight. I think that Saul and his group will free Angel and Burt and a bunch of slaves from the Mallers in Season 3 (maybe 4) and then head on their way towards the Fort. They will have adventures on the way, we will connect and become attached to the new group with Saul as they make their way to the Fort, and they will all be reunited around the end of Season 4 or start of season 5. Perhaps they arrive at the fort just as it is under attack and they watch helplessly as their friends fly off without them before they are able to meet up with them. The big thing that Fort Erwin is going to reveal to us in Season 3 is the state of the rest of the world at this moment. We know that Hawaii has fallen because of Kolani, so this might be a chance to see some different zombies or other smart zombie leaders as well. Perhaps the environment around the fort is itself changing, similar to Ground Zero, or there is a large mass of survivors in the fort, akin to the Colony, who are all rioting and trying to gain freedom and rights from the oppressive martial law. They are alive but starving, suffering, sick, etc. and that is what the majority of the world is like who had a chance to react to the zombie crisis. When Michael and his crew come, the zombies follow and huge chunks of the survivors at Fort Erwin are killed as the zombies hunt his party down. Perhaps the one with the markings has learned Michael is a threat to his kind and so it is trying to kill him in particular, and that is why a number of zombies the fort has previously not encountered before arrives and practically overwhelms them. Only Michael's leadership and experience saves the day, and only after hundreds have already been killed/turned. This will be hilarious if at least 20% of this is true, considering its depth. Of course its all conjecture, so take it with a grain of salt.:yay:

nikvoodoo
Aug 10th, 2011, 09:54 AM
It started 8.5 years ago, meaning his time in the service, not the zombie apocalypse. Good catch on was, but it could be past tense because at the point Michael started to write the journal he didn't consider any of them soldiers anymore

LoneSurvivor
Aug 10th, 2011, 10:29 AM
he's always referring to the fact that he, Saul, and Angel are all soldiers in the army with training, and that the others aren't soldiers. Perhaps later in the series he thinks they aren't soldiers anymore, but I think thats unlikely. And are you sure the 8.5 years was since he started in the service? Considering he went on three tours in Iraq, presumeably each one was about a year, possibly two, which at most would leave 2.5 years. If he had a year of training, that leaves 1.5 years for this story, since he had just gotten back from his third tour of duty when he was going to college again. So he has about 1.3 years for this story, or about 1 year left. At this pace, the story would end at about season 10, the first two seasons being 3 months and approximately dealing with the .3 years. Is there any point that the current season/month is mentioned? that would let us know exactly how long he has been at school and back from duty. But in any case, still quite a ways to go for the series.

nikvoodoo
Aug 10th, 2011, 10:39 AM
Sorry, I wasn't quite awake when I wrote my response. The 8 years Michael is referring to his time in college. His time in the service split up his time in college.

Michael Cross: I was 27 at the time and in my fourth year of college. I started my freshman year in 2001, almost 8 years ago.

In Chapter 13 Michael says they aren't soldiers anymore.....he also said we don't owe these people anything, but that's neither here nor there.

Daniel Glenn
Aug 10th, 2011, 09:11 PM
I think… that it's pretty clear that Kalani was sent to do the same job as Pippin was sent to do; however, he got captured and ended up at the arena, as did other Mallers, which explains why the Mallers wanted to attack the arena as they did. Hannah, Kalani’s significant other, was killed in at the golf course in retribution when Kalani failed to complete his mission after surviving the Arena and infiltrating The Tower. I think that Pippin was originally sent to give Kalani the message that Scratch would kill Hannah if Kalani didn’t come through. When Kalani rebuffed the threat, Pippin was told on the radio to complete the mission and to kill Kalani if he could, but Pippin was killed by Kalani, probably with the help of another Maller that’s inside The Tower. I think that Kalani, Hannah, and Scratch were the three survivors from the flight from Hawaii or perhaps Kalani, Hannah, and Pippin. There are definitely two journals that Angel took from Bert’s desk. One is a truthful journal that Kalani has been writing, which will explain a lot of things in the coming season; the other journal was a dummy that Kalani kept to turn in. Remember that Tanya had asked Angel (or Michael?) if he’d read all of the journals, and then dropped the subject because Angel (or Michael?) got a little pissy about her questioning. I think that she noticed some inconsistencies within Kalani’s dummy journal and those of other survivor’s. Michael’s military training will cause him to stick to the plan that they had of doing a recon to Fort Irwin and the survivors of The Tower will fly on to the base. Saul and Victor will retrieve the digital journals and somehow get the news to Michael that Angel and Burt were alive after the fight at the Tower, but that they are in the Mallers hands. Saul will track the Mallers to find where they take Lizzy and a rescue mission will be mounted.

avenue803
Aug 10th, 2011, 09:37 PM
I think it would be even more dramatic if Samantha were a zombie and were about to attack datu but change her mind.

nikvoodoo
Aug 10th, 2011, 09:38 PM
Pippin's mission, as was described by Scratch/Tardust in chapter 24, was to find Pegs and relay that information to Scratch so she would know she was there. Besides, if Kalani was the Rat, and was sent to the Tower to kill Pegs he was sent there before Latch was killed.

With the exception of the 15 seconds before his death, Pippin wasn't left alone without supervision of a mature adult in the Tower. He wouldn't have had a chance to send or receive a message on the radio.

The journals found in the desk were probably not the one that Tanya received to scan. Tanya was still working on the journals when Kalani left the Tower and he never returned to the interior of it once he left for LAX to repair the Jolly Green Giant. It seems like she was keeping all the journals after she scanned them, so Kalani's journal (the one he turned in) would be in her posession when he left the Tower for the last time. As I said on WND, Kalani isn't in enough shape to run up the 15 flights of stairs (or 10 I suppose) to hide the stuff once he got it back, kill Pippin and escape the Tower without tipping someone off.....

....by having a heart attack.

Daniel Glenn
Aug 11th, 2011, 07:13 AM
@nikvoodoo You punched a lot of holes in everything that I wrote. Good job. But by mission though, I meant that Kalani and Pippin were both sent to infiltrate the The Tower to help bring it down. That Pippin was tasked to kill Pegs was a personal mission of Scratch's and not her boss' main plan.

Daniel Glenn
Aug 11th, 2011, 07:34 AM
Hey @nikvoodoo. Who was the guy that complained about spending his guard duty at the monitors with Pippin present? I thought it is suspious at the time. Perhaps he's the second mole/rat? I still think that there was a second mole/rat, Pippin being the third, Kalani being the first.

nikvoodoo
Aug 11th, 2011, 10:02 AM
@nikvoodoo You punched a lot of holes in everything that I wrote. Good job. But by mission though, I meant that Kalani and Pippin were both sent to infiltrate the The Tower to help bring it down. That Pippin was tasked to kill Pegs was a personal mission of Scratch's and not her boss' main plan.

I didn't punch holes in all of it....I left Hannah alone.....:p

In the beginning of your initial post you said "Kalani was sent to do the same job pippin was sent to do." We know from Scratch and Tardust what Pippin's mission was: ID Pegs and relay that information to Scratch. So saying Kalani and Pippin have the same mission is impossible because before the War, Scratch wouldn't have known who Pegs was.

The guy you are thinking of who didn't want to spend time with Pippin in the guard room was Steven. If he was the other rat, he is most decidedly out of the game now.

7oddisdead
Aug 11th, 2011, 06:10 PM
ive made this arguement many other times, and the response is typically the same...but kalani did totally shrug off any type of involvement with pippen....yes, he was preparing for the helicopter...yes, he just got back from the supply run with angel....but more just not watching the guy,..he didnt want talk about the situation at all....im not saying thats a red flag, just that its something to think about

cleeprevo
Aug 24th, 2011, 04:31 PM
I think season 3 will break off into different stories, like since everyone is separated and many haven't died. I don't think they would only concentrate on Michael only. They might have the different survival stories of Saul and Victor, Burt, and MAYBE Angel, since none of them have been confirmed dead like Kalani. I'm guessing Fort Irwin is completely safe, but I think after a while of everyone being separated Michael will go out to find them. Then everything will change, like getting the Mallers to follow them or something like that.

JusticePain
Sep 10th, 2011, 06:52 PM
What might happen is everyone in the chopper thingy will live and the other back at the town are alive but are turned!

usmcludwig
Sep 11th, 2011, 10:22 PM
What might happen is everyone in the chopper thingy will live and the other back at the town are alive but are turned!

somehow I doubt a building crushing someone to death/near-death turns them into the infected.

Just a venture is all...

Hollomandious
Sep 12th, 2011, 08:06 AM
I'm hoping for two separate story lines. Those in LA, and those who were in the choppa. It gives the ability to get more info from Ft. Irwin, and at the same time continues the struggles that have already been covered (mallers, colony, tower folk...). Maybe the two groups don't even get back together in season 3?

Could also be a Dallas type thing, and maybe we'll find out season 2 was all just a dream induced by all the loss of oxygen from the fire of season 1.

dontkillburt
Sep 14th, 2011, 11:39 AM
Not to change the topic, but I was thinkin'...

It might have been a good idea for Kahlani to take Pegs to do her helicopter "flight training" over Catalina Island (just 26 miles away). You know, just to check it out. As I recall, in chapter 16 (Over the Air-Waves, chapter 3), Pegs and Michael ran into mermaidish zombies in the water while onboard the yacht. Pegs believed at 8:15 mins in that the zombies were coming from the direction of the island and assumed they evacuated Catalina to swim to the mainland in search of a new brain supply. That would mean that Catalina may be a viable zombieless relocation for the now homeless Tower folk, more so than Ft. Irwin. Plus, most of their other problems (e.g. the mallers and the one with markings and his crew) would be left behind in the chopper dust.

nikvoodoo
Sep 14th, 2011, 11:53 AM
Not to change the topic, but I was thinkin'...

It might have been a good idea for Kahlani to take Pegs to do her helicopter "flight training" over Catalina Island (just 26 miles away). You know, just to check it out. As I recall, in chapter 16 (Over the Air-Waves, chapter 3), Pegs and Michael ran into mermaidish zombies in the water while onboard the yacht. Pegs believed at 8:15 mins in that the zombies were coming from the direction of the island and assumed they evacuated Catalina to swim to the mainland in search of a new brain supply. That would mean that Catalina may be a viable zombieless relocation for the now homeless Tower folk, more so than Ft. Irwin. Plus, most of their other problems (e.g. the mallers and the one with markings and his crew) would be left behind in the chopper dust.

If the zombies can make it from Catalina island to the mainland, they can certainly do the same in reverse. Catalina Island (or any small island with few supplies and resources) is a bad option in my opinion.

dontkillburt
Sep 14th, 2011, 11:38 PM
If the zombies can make it from Catalina island to the mainland, they can certainly do the same in reverse. Catalina Island (or any small island with few supplies and resources) is a bad option in my opinion.

The zombies might be able to return to the island, but why? Pegs' observation that the zombies who had actually made it to shore were mostly "dying" (if that is even possible for a zombie), most likely from starvation and the exhaustion/exposure of a 26 mile swim (which I also didn't know zombies could do). I doubt they would want to chase a handful of dinner all they way back where they came from when there is plenty of food there on the mainland.

And personally, I'd rather take my chances against a few 'really tired' zombies occasionally popping out of the surf on an island beach than struggle against a nation-load of smart ones, big ones, painted ones, jumping ones, whatever...AND the mallers. And, as we have seen so far, concrete forts and steel towers don't appear to hold up very well against these enemies. They may want to look for a new way to deal with their bad neighbor problem. Move away. Far away.

nikvoodoo
Sep 15th, 2011, 12:28 AM
The zombies might be able to return to the island, but why? Pegs' observation that the zombies who had actually made it to shore were mostly "dying" (if that is even possible for a zombie), most likely from starvation and the exhaustion/exposure of a 26 mile swim (which I also didn't know zombies could do). I doubt they would want to chase a handful of dinner all they way back where they came from when there is plenty of food there on the mainland.

And personally, I'd rather take my chances against a few 'really tired' zombies occasionally popping out of the surf on an island beach than struggle against a nation-load of smart ones, big ones, painted ones, jumping ones, whatever...AND the mallers. And, as we have seen so far, concrete forts and steel towers don't appear to hold up very well against these enemies. They may want to look for a new way to deal with their bad neighbor problem. Move away. Far away.

ok, but why were the zombies from Catalina dying? Because there's nothing left on that Island. Whomever and whatever was on the resort island got eaten up to the point that none of the zombies could survive there anymore and came to shore. And you'll note: The dead and dying zombies still made it to shore. With the exception of 1 behemoth, when have we seen a zombie dying like that on the mainland in the series?

If the really tired and sickly zombies can make it to shore, I'd have to imagine a bunch of healthy, balls to the wall L.A. zombies would be able to get to the island with very few troubles. Mallers would be capable of following in boats if they wanted to. And at that point, where do you go? You can't escape anywhere. Islands are bad places to try to survive. Especially one with very few resources available to it. Whatever the survivors didn't use up right away would have been decimated by the zombies left on the island.

dontkillburt
Sep 22nd, 2011, 10:18 PM
ok, but why were the zombies from Catalina dying? Because there's nothing left on that Island. Whomever and whatever was on the resort island got eaten up to the point that none of the zombies could survive there anymore and came to shore. And you'll note: The dead and dying zombies still made it to shore. With the exception of 1 behemoth, when have we seen a zombie dying like that on the mainland in the series?

If the really tired and sickly zombies can make it to shore, I'd have to imagine a bunch of healthy, balls to the wall L.A. zombies would be able to get to the island with very few troubles. Mallers would be capable of following in boats if they wanted to. And at that point, where do you go? You can't escape anywhere. Islands are bad places to try to survive. Especially one with very few resources available to it. Whatever the survivors didn't use up right away would have been decimated by the zombies left on the island.

Yes Nik, I agree that the zombies were starving and they were all forced to leave the island. It's a basic migratory instinct that dates back to before the dinosaur (which, btw, would be a far worse adversary than a zombie). All I'm saying is that it would make more sense (albeit not good storyline sense) for our friends to relocate to Catalina where they most likely wouldn't be bothered than to stand in the zombies way (aka Fort Irwin) when they continue their migration east.

And everyone knows that balls-to-the-walls L.A. zombies suffer from ADD, just like their human predecesors. They lose interest very quickly and immediately turn their attention to something else. We here call that the "leave-the-Dodger-game-before-the-seventh-inning" syndrome. And it was epidemic this season.

Thedarkattheend
Sep 23rd, 2011, 06:09 PM
In reality I sere this season unfolding as two separate main storylines. one for chopper, one for those left behind. <br />
<br />
The comparisons to LOST are pretty accurate when describing the story telling...

nikvoodoo
Sep 23rd, 2011, 07:06 PM
Technically, the whole story is told in flashback. It starts with Michael writing in a journal and we see him pick up a journal for the first time in the story in chapter uh....*coughs something...

zombiederek
Sep 24th, 2011, 08:33 PM
I think that in any zombie apocalypse, time is the most important factor for survival. Zombies are decaying, dead humans. So take in account the elements that would accelerate decomposition, and eventual lack of "nurishment" from healthy humans, and eventually the problem will take care of itself. Then the real test become surviving in a new world with no order. Nature just hit the reset button, and that is what I believe the driving force of the next season is going to be.

Boadicea
Oct 6th, 2011, 05:51 PM
I think perhaps we will see more character development with Durai. My thinking is that since Liz is a therapist, she will be using her expertise to sow the seeds of dissension with in the ranks of...

Zombiphobe
Dec 7th, 2011, 01:37 PM
What if the military had secured Fort Irwin off the bat and started sending out a helicopter to LA to pick up survivors. The Liberty Park evacuation site from the Colony might have been originally air-lifting survivors to Fort Irwin, since their destination is still unclear. We also know at some point the air-lifting just stopped. What if something happened to their helicopter along the way. The Jolly Green Giant helicopter was found, grounded, at LAX after what looked like "one Hell of a fire fight". Regular fuel runs to LAX and noisy landings would have been a prime opportunity for an ambush.

Can you imagine the response at Fort Irwin if a helicopter believed to be lost finally returns, albeit with a different crew?

daredevil
Dec 7th, 2011, 03:14 PM
Can you imagine the response at Fort Irwin if a helicopter believed to be lost finally returns, albeit with a different crew?
I hope that happens. It would be awesome!

ClearSights
Dec 23rd, 2011, 11:32 AM
The time is almost here that we get to find out what happened to the tower and its resisdents after the collapse! Only 10 more days until to start of season 3. I just felt like opening this thread to get everybodys opinion on what you might expect in the first chapter of season 3.

Myself, I believe that we will re-hear the tower collapse from Saul and Victors point of view on the ground. Having them explain what they saw. And maybe them seeing Burt fall and going to save him.

Anyways only time will tell.

10 Days to go!

nikvoodoo
Dec 23rd, 2011, 12:37 PM
Merging this with one of the already existing prediction of the first chapter of season 3 threads.

Rombie
Dec 27th, 2011, 10:12 AM
My prediction is that Scratch will find Angel and turn him against the Tower. This will give her cause to break from Duari and form her own group.

IGfanatic
Jan 23rd, 2012, 12:27 PM
In the next episode here is my prediction, because we heard a zombie growl and a gunshot, we can only assume there are zombies in Fort Irwin. Now here is my theory, maybe someone with an infection got in the base because an inspection wasn't thorough enough, then the person turned inside the base and now the base is over run. Just a theory.