PDA

View Full Version : Lord of the Rings <--?--> Chapter 24

Creem_Filling
Jul 31st, 2011, 05:50 PM
I am a huge Lord of the Rings nerd, and something has been poking at my brain since I listened to chapter 24. There are a lot of similarities between the Battle of Helms Deep and that final assault on the tower.

The uruk-hai with the torch is kinda like the tanker. They both were storming the good guys with the threat of an explosion and had to be shot down before they got there.
The bad guys both pulled out their secret weapon, which was explosives, in both stories.
The good guys were both backed up into their fortress. With no hope of escape and impending doom.
And Several others that are kinda apparent and I don't feel like typing.

Those are just some generalities. I know the stories are really different and the way they end is completely different, but you have to admit, they are a lot alike! It's just something I've noticed and thought some fellow LOTR geeks would appreciate the thought.

If you are unfamiliar with what I'm talking about, here is the first part of the scene. It should have everything that I pointed out here and be good enough for my point to be made.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvcNid87ONA

~Creemy

Osiris
Jul 31st, 2011, 05:51 PM
So you're saying that Angel is a lot like Samwise? Or that Scratch is like Aragorn? Yeah, I'll buy that. I can totally see the similarities between Burt and the Black Gates.

-Addendum-

600 posts and not one of them better than the first.

Creem_Filling
Jul 31st, 2011, 05:54 PM
So you're saying that Angel is a lot like Samwise? Or that Scratch is like Aragorn?

Scratch would actually be more like Saruman and Angel be someone like Haldir.

Osiris
Jul 31st, 2011, 05:59 PM
Fuck that! Scratch was more like Galadriel and Angel was more like Wormtongue.

Creem_Filling
Jul 31st, 2011, 06:01 PM
Fuck that! Scratch was more like Galadriel and Angel was more like Wormtongue.

Lol. Fine. Galadriel has always freaked me out anyway, as has Scratch.

Osiris
Jul 31st, 2011, 06:18 PM
Lol. Fine. Galadriel has always freaked me out anyway, as has Scratch.

lol ya... so true