PDA

View Full Version : Scott Marvin writes a Burt Epitaph on facebook?

nikvoodoo
Jul 31st, 2011, 08:46 AM
Did everyone see Scott Marvin's post on the facebook page?

Scott Charles Marvin
To all, thank you for an amazing audio drama experience. I now have a Bucket List entry checked off. Kc, you're just brilliant, young man. Shane, you're funny. Now...get a haircut, Sir!. Cast and crew...very, very loving and lovely experience. We are indeed, family. Fans...stand by for news...it's going to get scary better! Trust Kc. He has a direction with the writing. Shirley...we'll be seeing you soon! - Burt -

I personally take it one of two ways:

1. Scott plays the facebook game just as well as anyone and already knows he's survived, so he provides an "epitaph" as it were to toy with folks knowing he'll be back in the recording studio later.

or

2. He knows the character isn't coming back so he bids farewell.

I've heard a lot of farewells to casts before as people leave for other projects and this sounds kinda similar to those. But, what do you think? Is Scott screwing with us, or did he just give us some insight into the cast make up for Season 3?

Creem_Filling
Jul 31st, 2011, 08:52 AM
I'm going to take it as he thinks his character is done for. As KC and cast have said many times before, KC doesn't tell the actors the fate of their characters, ever. I think this provides more evidence that Burt is most likely gone, but I'm not going to eliminate the possibility of a return. But then again, I may just think this because I don't want Burt to be dead. I'm in a state of denial.

nikvoodoo
Jul 31st, 2011, 08:59 AM
I'm going to take it as he thinks his character is done for. As KC and cast have said many times before, KC doesn't tell the actors the fate of their characters, ever. I think this provides more evidence that Burt is most likely gone, but I'm not going to eliminate the possibility of a return. But then again, I may just think this because I don't want Burt to be dead. I'm in a state of denial.

You're at the first step of grieving....good for you ;)

The thing is, I'd imagine Kc would need to let actors know when to potentially block out their schedules for him to record. I know that can be done later on down the road, but people have other projects to work on, and if it's a big enough project.......They'd need to know their commitment to We're Alive. I, of course, am not privy to any of the contractual ins and outs of working on the production, so I can't say how a clause like that would be worded, and I'm pretty sure this is a non-union gig, so you can't even cheat and try to go look in AFTRA's library for help.

yarri
Jul 31st, 2011, 09:09 AM
Did everyone see Scott Marvin's post on the facebook page?

I personally take it one of two ways:

1. Scott plays the facebook game just as well as anyone and already knows he's survived, so he provides an "epitaph" as it were to toy with folks knowing he'll be back in the recording studio later.

or

2. He knows the character isn't coming back so he bids farewell.

I've heard a lot of farewells to casts before as people leave for other projects and this sounds kinda similar to those. But, what do you think? Is Scott screwing with us, or did he just give us some insight into the cast make up for Season 3?

I agree with Creem I think he thinks he is done for. None of them (the cast) know what to expect. Kc didn't even tell Jim Gleason about how Michael broke his arm Why does anyone think he would tell them which one of them is going to die early... Kc is brilliant and diabolically evil.

Burt's not dead till I see a body!

GD_Elite
Jul 31st, 2011, 10:20 AM
I think even if Burt has survived, We won't be seeing who survived until way into next season at least. Considering the possibility that it could well be almost a year until we find out what exactly happened, it seems like saying goodbye to the character could just be a temporary thing.

But yeh, I doubt that he actually knows what will happen.

AllanR
Aug 1st, 2011, 07:33 AM
I like the loose ends left concerning Burt (no pun intended), Angel, and even Kalani. When Scratch tells Bricks to "put him with the old man," I wonder if Kalani actually survived, because it sounds like they are walking on thin sheets of metal, similar to that of a helicopter. If it is Kalani, or whoever else they found, it would make sense that Burt survived as well. If he did die in the fall, it was a brilliant and subtle way to kill him off, especially since the foreshadowing of his fate points to him going down in a blaze of glory. Very realistic in the sense that a hero survives insurmountable odds only to die in some stupid accident. Whether the survivor pulled from the wreckage is Kalani or Angel, I'd say that Burt is alive as well. I wouldn't seem logical for the Mallers to burden themselves with dead bodies at this point. My theory is that Burt and a badly injured Kalani survived and have been taken by the Mallers. Angel is the wild card and will shadow the Mallers until he meets up with Saul and Victor to save Lizzy and Burt. I'd say that Kalani ultimately becomes an experiment subject. The bigger question is what Scratch found.

mem
Aug 1st, 2011, 08:14 AM
burt makes it and santa is real dammnit ! Don't tell me he is dead ! *throws a tantrum*

seriously i dont know if he is or not. it's killing me !

reaper239
Aug 1st, 2011, 09:26 AM
but he says "Shirley...we'll be seeing you soon!"

AdrianHD
Aug 1st, 2011, 02:11 PM
I'm on the side where he doesn't know. He's probably just assuming, I imagine.

WestonWisdom
Aug 1st, 2011, 02:33 PM
Scott is quite obviously a facebook player, Just trying to screw with us.....

Right?

Banvillin
Aug 1st, 2011, 09:19 PM
I think even if Burt has survived, We won't be seeing who survived until way into next season at least. Considering the possibility that it could well be almost a year until we find out what exactly happened, it seems like saying goodbye to the character could just be a temporary thing.

But yeh, I doubt that he actually knows what will happen.

I agree entirely. My take is that Scott Marvin is saying goodbye to the project because as an actor, he won't be needed if the story is following the Michael and co. in season 3. That's not to say that later, likely MUCH later, those left behind at the Tower site will return to the story and closure will be given. At that point, we might find that Burt tougher than we gave him credit for.

cheesehead1493
Aug 1st, 2011, 09:41 PM
what if Burt is coming back buttttttt wont have a voice cause.....hes a zombie. Pull like a walking dead thing

Banvillin
Aug 5th, 2011, 06:04 AM
what if Burt is coming back buttttttt wont have a voice cause.....hes a zombie. Pull like a walking dead thing

That is possible... one of the beauties of a radio drama. In an earlier thread discussing the imminent death waiting for Burt at the hospital, I proposed the idea that Burt returns as a zombie but the first zombie to begin using guns because Shirley never left his hand. How kickass would that be? all we would need to know when Burt is on scene is the blast of a desert eagle

Grognaurd
Aug 5th, 2011, 08:48 AM
KC wrote a lot of his father's experiences into Burt. I hope to see Burt early in season 3. I have even thought of making a facebook page:

Bring Back Burt!

ZombieNick
Aug 8th, 2011, 08:49 AM
KC wrote a lot of his father's experiences into Burt. I hope to see Burt early in season 3. I have even thought of making a facebook page:

Bring Back Burt!
Sign me up.

Kn1ckerb0cker33
Aug 8th, 2011, 09:23 AM
Probably a genuine and heartfelt goodbye to the cast and crew. Whether it was intended for the end of this season or the next will be determined in the winter time when Season 3 starts XD.

Regardless of whether or not Burt has met his end in We're Alive, there's always the prospect of Mr. Marvin or Burt making back into future projects.