PDA

View Full Version : Kalani's Lady Friend

HorrorHiro
Jul 30th, 2011, 11:40 PM
Does nobody care about WHY Kalani made his sacrifice? Hanna I think he said her name was.

Ra1th
Jul 31st, 2011, 04:33 AM
He didn't make the sacrifice for the Hanna/h girl, he did it to save the tower. Hanna/h was just something he brought up, the journal will probably explain more about her. She's definitely not a tower resident though, if he was doing it to save her, then he'd have specifically have asked Angel to save her, he just said my Hanna/h

Th3_T3ch
Jul 31st, 2011, 06:41 AM
I think Hannah was the red-head that was killed as the Lizzy decoy. It would fit, If Michael, Burt, or Riley had said anything during the flight to the tower it would have been about that. and Kalani said "that girl. It was my hannah" or something really freaking close to that.

Cabbage Patch
Jul 31st, 2011, 10:55 AM
It certainly sets up a strong scenario for Kalani being the rat! He and Hannah crashland at LAX and get captured by the Mallers. They plant him at the Other Tower as a spy, with Hannah as a hostage to guarantee his good behavior. He ends up at our Tower and uses the CB to re-establish contact with the Mallers and help them with the attack. But then Kalani has a change of heart and stops communicating with the Mallers, and he kills Pippen to prevent him from informing them of his change of allegience. Unfortunately, Kalani's "loss" makes Hannah expendible, leading to her death on the golf course.

Crocketman
Jul 31st, 2011, 12:43 PM
Exactly what I was thinking... and after he knew she was dead, he has accepted death.

Osiris
Jul 31st, 2011, 01:06 PM
This thread is driving me to drink. I still haven't had time to process all of the information.

Magrat
Jul 31st, 2011, 09:36 PM
I honestly can't remember, but I'm fairly sure he'd mentioned this red-headed girl sweetheart of his a long time ago on the podcast.
With her dead he had nothing to live for. So he died to save the tower. So very sad.

@CabbagePatch - I love the idea. It works. Prior to that I'd never have suspected him!

HardKor
Jul 31st, 2011, 09:45 PM
I honestly can't remember, but I'm fairly sure he'd mentioned this red-headed girl sweetheart of his a long time ago on the podcast.
With her dead he had nothing to live for. So he died to save the tower. So very sad.

@CabbagePatch - I love the idea. It works. Prior to that I'd never have suspected him!

I vaguely remember that too. When Kalani said "Hannah" for some reason it sounded familiar but I have no clue where from. I wanna go back and re-listen but I'm not sure where to start.

Magrat
Jul 31st, 2011, 09:53 PM
I vaguely remember that too. When Kalani said "Hannah" for some reason it sounded familiar but I have no clue where from. I wanna go back and re-listen but I'm not sure where to start.

I'm planning on relistening to the whole thing anyway, so I shall keep my ear out :P

HardKor
Jul 31st, 2011, 09:56 PM
I'm thinking maybe at the end of season 1, maybe chapter 11. I don't think it was in season 2. I'm not even really sure if I'm imagining it or not.

Magrat
Jul 31st, 2011, 09:59 PM
I'm thinking maybe at the end of season 1, maybe chapter 11. I don't think it was in season 2. I'm not even really sure if I'm imagining it or not.

No look. The second he said red head it twigged a memory. Hannah was a second twig. The fact that I'm not the only one having this happen means it should be a real thing, in there somewhere. Possibly a 'deep&meaningful' moment with Angel? Shall catch it in the relisten.

GD_Elite
Aug 1st, 2011, 02:09 AM
Fun fact for y'all, there is a girl from the tower called Hanna. Likely a massive coincidence. Or Maybe KC just likes the name.

I'm pretty sure I don't remember Kalani mentioning anything about a girlfriend. Samantha has red hair, maybe thats who you are thinking of.

Conf
Aug 1st, 2011, 04:37 AM
We'll didnt Kalani say "that girl...that was my hannah" I assumed he was talking about scratch or something and he was the mole? redeemed ina glaze of glory? idk beats me but it was super awesome

zzfist
Aug 1st, 2011, 04:59 AM
It certainly sets up a strong scenario for Kalani being the rat! He and Hannah crashland at LAX and get captured by the Mallers. They plant him at the Other Tower as a spy, with Hannah as a hostage to guarantee his good behavior. He ends up at our Tower and uses the CB to re-establish contact with the Mallers and help them with the attack. But then Kalani has a change of heart and stops communicating with the Mallers, and he kills Pippen to prevent him from informing them of his change of allegience. Unfortunately, Kalani's "loss" makes Hannah expendible, leading to her death on the golf course.

i agree with all of that except for hannah being dead. When scratch told angel they have 2 ppl i think she just assumed that kalani already told them about hannah. the 2 ppl has to be hannah and lizzy. You could still be right since it sounds like lizzy was the only one there hostage.

Dr. Hatchet
Aug 1st, 2011, 06:09 AM
Im just gonna say this, I do not think he was the rat

Zombiehead
Aug 2nd, 2011, 01:20 AM
It's possible the woman shot was Hannah, however Scratch offered two hostages AFTER that incident happened. If Kalani's woman is the 2nd hostage she'd still be alive. Of course Scratch could have been lying. The dead woman could have been a slave.

Kn1ckerb0cker33
Aug 7th, 2011, 01:52 PM
i agree with all of that except for hannah being dead. When scratch told angel they have 2 ppl i think she just assumed that kalani already told them about hannah. the 2 ppl has to be hannah and lizzy. You could still be right since it sounds like lizzy was the only one there hostage.

Thanks for that, I was really getting tripped up everytime I was listening to that part of the chapter. That would make sense, although Kalani telling the tower folk about Hannah could lead them to suspect him of being the rat (which could be proven or falsified by whatever he might have written in his journals, of which I'm still wondering what the "anomaly" was that Tanya found earlier).

@Zombiehead - Hannah/Hooded Red Head Girl Dressed As Lizzy was shot before she told them they had two hostages, but Scratch probably was bluffing as losing contact with the group at the golf course would probably mean they had been killed. Although I still wonder who exactly the second person she was referring to aside from Lizzy.

syfo
Aug 9th, 2011, 11:40 PM
What if "Hannah" wasn't a person, found this in the wikipedia

The brig Hannah transported emigrants to Canada during the Irish Famine. She is known for the terrible circumstances of her 1849 shipwreck, in which the captain and two officers left the sinking ship aboard the only lifeboat, leaving passengers and the rest of the crew to fend for themselves.

Kalani being a pilot could have been in a situation like this, maybe saw the sacrifice as an atonement for his wrongs but still, who knows what girl is he talking about.

Zombiehead
Aug 10th, 2011, 04:10 PM
What if "Hannah" wasn't a person, found this in the wikipedia

The brig Hannah transported emigrants to Canada during the Irish Famine. She is known for the terrible circumstances of her 1849 shipwreck, in which the captain and two officers left the sinking ship aboard the only lifeboat, leaving passengers and the rest of the crew to fend for themselves.

Kalani being a pilot could have been in a situation like this, maybe saw the sacrifice as an atonement for his wrongs but still, who knows what girl is he talking about.Ahh, great find. I like out-of-the-box theories. There's been several references to stories of deception, forgery, and false identity throughout the story of WA but I haven't been able to link anything with so many things still unexplained. There could be a picture of the "girl" in question found in Kalani's journal/notes that we haven't looked at yet. We'll find out.

werewolf
Aug 10th, 2011, 07:40 PM
hi everybody i just joined tonight. after listening to the whole series for about the 5th time.
i decided to chime in about something. Kalani was from Hawaii. instead of saying hanna he could have said Ohanna which is hawaiian for family, and family means no body gets left behind. just a thought.

nikvoodoo
Aug 10th, 2011, 08:54 PM
hi everybody i just joined tonight. after listening to the whole series for about the 5th time.
i decided to chime in about something. Kalani was from Hawaii. instead of saying hanna he could have said Ohanna which is hawaiian for family, and family means no body gets left behind. just a thought.

I thought of that as well (thank you Lilo and Stitch!), but I'm pretty sure Kc has confirmed that what Kalani said was Hannah and confirmed the spelling. Now where he might have done that......uh......it's a big site and I don't even have the foggiest clue where it might be.

werewolf
Aug 11th, 2011, 05:28 PM
After listening to the chapter 24 about kalani death. I did hear him say that girl was his Hanna. At first I didn’t hear that he said that. So I thought he had said Ohanna, which in Hawaiian means family, nobody gets left behind. I had thought that Kalani felt that the people of the tower was family and he was going to protect his family even at the expense of his own life.
After listening to the whole series again. Something had occurred to me. when Datu was in the arena . Samantha said that Kalani was sick or something. That he was ok one moment then out the next. He had done it several times . When the zombies where looking him over before they took Samantha . I think they were getting the smell of Kalani. In my opinion Kalani was a diabetic. Cause of the him passing out, without warning .That sounds like what happens when my mom has low blood sugar. Kalani was living on borrowed time. In a world that doesn’t make the medicine anymore. Your clock is ticking faster. The zombies could probably smell or sense that he was not a good choice to eat. Like some animals would stay away another sick animal. It could be the same with zombies. When, his Hanna was dead he had no reason to go on. He just punched his clock early.

GeneTwo
Nov 15th, 2011, 07:21 AM
What if Hanna were still alive. The Mallers held her hostage for Kalani's cooperation as a spy for the other tower and if he broke communication she would die. When the other tower fell he assumed that the Mallers killed her. I think it would be cool if Hanna would show up as a Maller prisoner.

daredevil
Dec 3rd, 2011, 02:23 PM
I've listened to the whole thing 14 times and Kalani said Hannah once. Before he died.

Hollomandious
Dec 4th, 2011, 07:33 PM
I've listened to the whole thing 14 times and Kalani said Hannah once. Before he died.

i second that.