PDA

View Full Version : Wall of the Fallen or Dead

yarri
Jul 30th, 2011, 11:31 AM
What does everyone think of having a wall of the dead where fans can post their good byes to the charaters that have died?

tomn47
Jul 30th, 2011, 11:32 AM
That would be great

Magrat
Jul 31st, 2011, 09:08 PM
Remember to keep it where Spoilers are allowed! Don't want something this drastic appearing to newcomers the second they waltz in!

Solanine
Sep 26th, 2011, 09:19 AM
Hmm. Also a list of MIA's (for users that have been inactive for 3 months) and a wall of KIA's (deleted users).

nikvoodoo
Sep 26th, 2011, 09:30 AM
Hmm. Also a list of MIA's (for users that have been inactive for 3 months) and a wall of KIA's (deleted users).

Way too much work. I personally feel no need to try to create and maintain a list of the 1,100 some odd users who are generally inactive on this forum. And the majority of the users who are banned are spammers. They need no more attention than they already receive at the time they are "active"

Solanine
Sep 26th, 2011, 09:34 AM
I mentioned it before but why not delete those who aren't active. Their accounts are just sitting there. Or possibly KIA's could be ex mods/ admins/ bloggers who have decided to give up their positions.

TCM Revolver
Sep 26th, 2011, 09:48 AM
I mentioned it before but why not delete those who aren't active. Their accounts are just sitting there. Or possibly KIA's could be ex mods/ admins/ bloggers who have decided to give up their positions.

We're not going to be deleting inactive users at this point. Simply because 95% of the forum is inactive at this time due to the season break. And when the season kicks off again, we will inhibit some forum activity by making users re-register.

nikvoodoo
Sep 26th, 2011, 09:51 AM
Another reason to not delete accounts: Lets say you go inactive for 4 months. We delete Solanine. Then someone else signs up as Solanine and acts like a total douchebag and gets banned. Reputation=ruined. So when you come back, you've lost your name (for no apparent reason) and everyone who remembers Solanine thinks you're a douchebag that got banned. Forums that I regular tend to never delete people. I've gone back to forums after years of downtime and it's always nice to pick up the ol' handle again and start kickin' ass and taking names.

Kc
Sep 26th, 2011, 09:53 AM
Yup. I back the admins. No deletion... We get the e-mail system up and running and more people can come back.

yarri
Sep 26th, 2011, 11:26 AM
EEEP I just wanted it for characters...

usmcludwig
Sep 26th, 2011, 11:28 AM
EEEP I just wanted it for characters...

lmfao- I love it when people miss the point hahaha

I would partiulary like this as well- maybe a spot on the Wiki or something?

nikvoodoo
Sep 26th, 2011, 11:32 AM
It already exists here (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?2184-Wall-of-the-Fallen-%28-a-place-to-say-good-bye%29-take-2)

Solanine
Sep 26th, 2011, 01:13 PM
I was actually referring to the many users with one post. Who's accounts have been in active for six months. Point taken though.
It seems like a waste of resources to keep their accounts up.
Sorry yarri, it seems I poked the hive.

mem
Oct 12th, 2011, 11:29 AM
Another reason to not delete accounts: Lets say you go inactive for 4 months. We delete Solanine. Then someone else signs up as Solanine and acts like a total douchebag and gets banned. Reputation=ruined. So when you come back, you've lost your name (for no apparent reason) and everyone who remembers Solanine thinks you're a douchebag that got banned. Forums that I regular tend to never delete people. I've gone back to forums after years of downtime and it's always nice to pick up the ol' handle again and start kickin' ass and taking names.

if you kill off Solanine another set of campers will killed at another remote campground and it will start all over again. Wait no that is Friday the 13th. oops