PDA

View Full Version : Zombie Hydration

Teethingbiscuit
Jul 20th, 2011, 07:12 PM
I am drinking some sweet tea, and the struggle of the tower to keep potable water abundant makes me wonder what the heck the hoard is doing to keep from jerking (dried meat).

If you don't have an idea on how they hydrate/ if they need to hydrate then name a drink their bartender has served them up!

senovial sorbet
The joint fluid slightly frozen served with a fermented toe and drank from the hollow leg bone of an uninfected.

Teethfull

Osiris
Jul 20th, 2011, 08:47 PM
Drinking the blood of their victims. Totally unlike a vampire... just drinking it for something to wash down the flesh?

Teethingbiscuit
Jul 21st, 2011, 10:05 AM
Just to keep the conversation going I'll argue that there aren't many blood full victims left, not for all the hoard anyway.
I suppose they don't need clean water to drink considering their state of existence.

Tooth

ClearSights
Jul 21st, 2011, 03:55 PM
Wasnt that "Big One" in the water pump station? Maybe they were in desperate need and went looking for it and found that. But im guessing that they are like wild animals and get their water from random puddles / lakes / streams / rivers. Tons of sources of water out there if you dont need it to be clean. And im guessing they dont need clean water

Teethingbiscuit
Jul 22nd, 2011, 04:44 PM
There was a big one in the water pump station. But it seemed like there was also some survivors in there until he/she/it got there. At that time there was probably little need for water because the water was still flowing from the tap. Yeah

Barkeep! I'll take a Brain Juice! (nothing more than what it sounds like, brain fluid married with spinal fluid served from a skinned behemoth finger canteen).

Luna Guardian
Jul 24th, 2011, 10:23 PM
Well, as (I think?) Revvy proved a while back, you can make perfectly drinkable water from seawater if you boil it and condense it. Maybe Ink or one of the guys from Raydon labs thought of that as well and are now producing the copious amounts of water the Horde needs? *gasp* Maybe Revvy is a Smart One!

Grognaurd
Jul 25th, 2011, 08:20 AM
...name a drink their bartender has served them up!

Bloody Mary of course.

zorakid
Sep 19th, 2011, 08:38 PM
The human body is roughly 70% water. So even a dehydrated victim would have a solid 50% water in him. That means for every pound of human flesh they devour they get half of pound of water out of it at least.

------
Human body water percentage

Babies: 78%
One year of age: 65%
Adult Men: 60%
Adult Women: 55%

fricatcow
Sep 19th, 2011, 11:18 PM
7 Organ Smoothies (heart, lungs, blader, kidneys, stomach,liver, and the giblets what ever that hell the giblets are mixed up with vanilla ice cream strawberries and Mango Juice )

JusticePain
Sep 20th, 2011, 06:51 PM
A try zombie doesn't need to eat or drink. Zombie don't need anything to drink! But the do need slimjims!

Teethingbiscuit
Sep 20th, 2011, 06:58 PM
zorakid, Good work on your water works. When I used to make beef jerky 50% of the weight burned off in the smoker. I find the trouble in digestion. Need water to help the food in digestion.

And fricatcow, giblets are not human unless you've got fowl parts, ha ha.

My buddy has been drinking cider so I'll put up a snot and bile cider served with a slice of ear cartilage.
TEETH

Teethingbiscuit
Oct 14th, 2011, 07:46 PM
Hydration has plenty to do with normal operation of body functions. One of the more significant would be equilibrium.
I stand by hydration of any operating body needing some sort of replenishment. Eat AND drink are primary functions.

"Barkeep, I'll take some of that vintage wine."
I think he is talking about my neighbor. That man could use some serious cheese.
Teeth