PDA

View Full Version : New encounter anyone?

StickUpKid
Jul 20th, 2011, 11:12 AM
I was thinking, nothing is ever easy for our band of survivors so I think they will be flying to Irwin all high giving and stuff and bam a flying zombie. Any body think something along those lines will happen?

Tandem25
Jul 20th, 2011, 12:23 PM
Now, that's just ludicrous.

J/K. Nope. Hadn't thought of that. How about a mid-flight alien abduction with a side of anal probing? ...As long as we're goin' crazy.

StickUpKid
Jul 20th, 2011, 12:40 PM
But is it really crazy? Massive zombies, ones that jump from roof to roof fallers ones that catch arrows, is a flying one that crazy

CantWaitForSeason3
Jul 20th, 2011, 12:42 PM
All i can think of when i heard that was Gremlins 2. I really hope i dont hear a zombie with wings.

If Ink stole one of the helicopters is the only time i would be ok with a "flying" zombie.

http://dvdmedia.ign.com/dvd/image/gremlins2_06.jpg

Conf
Jul 23rd, 2011, 10:01 AM
NSFW: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Flying%20Zombie

nikvoodoo
Jul 23rd, 2011, 10:24 AM
While we are obviously in the realm of sci-fi and anything is possible, I'd find it hard to accept a flying zombie in this story. Mainly because all the special ones we've seen are modified humans. It's amping up the abilities that humans have (jumping, strength, speed etc), but we obviously can't fly, nor are our bodies equipped to handle flight.

And since I don't buy into the "building zombies" theory, I don't think there's a way to make it happen.

Hollomandious
Jul 23rd, 2011, 10:53 AM
Screw that. I didn't get Zombie Sharks back in "over the air waves," so why should you all get Zombie Birds. :)

ClearSights
Jul 23rd, 2011, 03:21 PM
I highly dought the flying zombie theory. But if they do exsist then pretty much any place is not safe..

Luna Guardian
Jul 24th, 2011, 10:33 PM
But is it really crazy? Massive zombies, ones that jump from roof to roof fallers ones that catch arrows, is a flying one that crazy

Like Nik said, those are all human traits that have been turned up to eleven. Flying requires whole other set of muscles and stuff, probably hollow bones as well, and wings. Those are things that humans simply don't have and weren't meant to have (damnit!).

And now to play the other side

While we are obviously in the realm of sci-fi and anything is possible, I'd find it hard to accept a flying zombie in this story. Mainly because all the special ones we've seen are modified humans. It's amping up the abilities that humans have (jumping, strength, speed etc), but we obviously can't fly, nor are our bodies equipped to handle flight.

And since I don't buy into the "building zombies" theory, I don't think there's a way to make it happen.

There's really not that much difference between "creating" a behemoth (however they are made) and "creating" a flying zombie. The same virus/scientist/McGuffin that causes the growth in the muscles, bones, organs etc. in the Behemoths could arguably cause the bones to hollow in the flying ones, shrivel unnecessary parts of their anatomy (heh heh...) and cause leathery "wings" to grow between their arms and torso.

Now, with all that being said, I don't think that there are going to be flying zombies, that's be ridiculous. But even so, I wouldn't put it past KC