PDA

View Full Version : Queen Zombie/Hive Mind theory(s)

HorrorHiro
Jul 20th, 2011, 08:09 AM
I just wanted to give my own 2 cents on the Queen Zombie theory. I don't think there's 1 Hive Mind type creature in We're Alive thats the unquestioned head of any sort of zombie hierarchy because of the biology of the zombies creatures whatever you want to call them. Now if we had descriptions of the creatures shedding their skin, becoming deformed, giant bulging eyes, any sort of insectoid esc sounding description of some of these creatures (maybe not even the common ones, just the "special" creatures like the "Jumpers", the abnormally fast zombies, the "little ones" etc.) Then I probably would consider the Hive Mind theory but until then I couldn't really see that because I consider these creatures mammals and the queen theory wouldn't make much since unless they showed insectoid traits because (and I could be completely wrong about this) to the best of my knowledge there have never been any mammal species that operate in the way that bees or ants might with an unquestioned hierarchy due to their biological nature.

ClearSights
Jul 20th, 2011, 08:37 AM
Yeah, I highly dought the Hive theory or queen zombie theory. Because there is little evidence given to prove that the zombies act in this manner. It just seems right now that they are moving as a group just because they are of the same kind

Osiris
Jul 20th, 2011, 04:20 PM
There may indeed be something to the hive mind theory or at the very least group consciousness, which may explain feelings that occur in the 'uninfected' when too close to ground zero for too long. Then again, that could simply be toxins building in the body from a biochemical weapon (?) which shifted the pandemic into high gear.

7oddisdead
Jul 20th, 2011, 05:56 PM
Agree with /\ about the hive mind theory..but it is more of a "group consciousness" type thing..the queen idea is....dumb.ive hated that since it came about...though, you cannot deny the behaviors of the zoms is very "insect" like..

Teethingbiscuit
Jul 20th, 2011, 06:50 PM
Queen insects are quite powerless. As it goes in the insect world they are tailored for a task (reproduction in this case).
So, ya 7odd. I too, dislike the theory of a Queen controller. I don't know even a little when it comes to the wide bug world but what I do know seems to contradict many sci-fi/ horror bug movies.
Teething myrmacologist

Osiris
Jul 20th, 2011, 08:46 PM
I swear... if Data shows up I'm burning my season one boxset.

reaper239
Jul 22nd, 2011, 11:56 AM
data?

anyhow, the way it seems to me is that it's kind of like the necromorphs from dead space: they are linked but not on one waevlength, and it's not one hive, it's multiple spread out. but that's just me

Eitri
Aug 13th, 2011, 02:18 PM
I think that there is some kind of "Hive mind" or "Queen" and that Good ol Pin Striped is one of her Luitenants, Following directions that he is given. I know its a long shot but it is a possiblility.

Anhysbys
Nov 12th, 2011, 08:55 AM
They don't necessarily have to act exactly like bugs it's just there is a hierarchy of like minds and Pin Striped is so far the highest of the high we've seen. It's not necessarily a queen at the top, I see it more as a Lion's Pride. In a lion's pride there are a bunch of females (that are kind of like slaves to the males) and only a few males, and in WA there seems to be all the normals, behemoths, little ones, jumpers and runners(as a group); followed by the smart ones, then the smartest of the smart ones like Pin Striped/Colored one.

Err... woops just noticed the necro.